PDA

View Full Version : ASU FANS: What happened to Armanti Edwards

gamesaver22
September 15th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I was wondering why he did not start for the second week in a row. I went to the game and everyone seemed surprised. I had not heard anything on campus about him not playing, so if someone could give me an update, that would be great

mountaineertider
September 15th, 2007, 06:43 PM
It was in The Appalachian and it said he was probable, but they wanted to save him for the conference games.

AlphaSigMD
September 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM
If ASU doesn't have edwards, they are not at 100%. We saw that today. Even though Elder is a "good" QB and an excellent backup, he doesn't have the same ability to run the offense that armanti has.

I feel that if ASU had ever dropped behind after the 2nd quarter, than Armanti would have come in.

Hopefully he won't have any dust on him when he comes back next week.

gamesaver22
September 15th, 2007, 10:53 PM
i agree

ncman071
September 15th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Armante suffered an apparent deep shoulder bruise against Michigan but should be back when we play wofford

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Is he worse than they are letting on, or trying to get teams to prepare for him to be out? xconfusedx

KiddBrewer
September 16th, 2007, 01:10 AM
If ASU doesn't have edwards, they are not at 100%. We saw that today. Even though Elder is a "good" QB and an excellent backup, he doesn't have the same ability to run the offense that armanti has.

I feel that if ASU had ever dropped behind after the 2nd quarter, than Armanti would have come in.

Hopefully he won't have any dust on him when he comes back next week.

in my opinion, he can RUN THE OFFENSE just as well as armanti, but its obvious he can RUN as well as armanti. hes a good quarterback, and would start for 99 percent of FCS teams, but armanti can run, and thats huge to our offense. its a good situation to be in, when you got a backup who can beat what is in my opinion one of the top notch teams in FCS in n.arizona. armanti came over to the house tonight (neighbor) and said his shoulder is fine, but tender and they didnt want to risk it against a non-conference. on a side note, armanti edwards truly does look up to trey more than anyone could imagine. they both know their roles and he will be back starting next week.

KiddBrewer
September 16th, 2007, 01:14 AM
thats supposed to say CANT run as well as armanti, by the way.

KiddBrewer
September 16th, 2007, 01:15 AM
and his names armanti, not amarnti

ASUMountaineer
September 16th, 2007, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=KiddBrewer;651373]in my opinion, he can RUN THE OFFENSE just as well as armanti, but its obvious he can't RUN as well as armanti. hes a good quarterback, and would start for 99 percent of FCS teams, but armanti can run, and thats huge to our offense...his shoulder is fine, but tender and they didnt want to risk it against a non-conference. QUOTE]

Watching Trey play for the last two weeks, the guy can still play. The only drawbacks that I can see we have with Trey playing as opposed to Armanti is 1) as Kidd said, he can't run as well and 2) because he can't run as well it allows defenses to take KRich out of the game. Yesterday, KRich finally started putting up numbers once we started passing him the ball out of the backfield. But, as far as running him out of the shotgun, it wasn't happening. Once the game was decided the lanes started opening up, but we saw it against Lenoir-Rhyne too. Just my xtwocentsx

Jerbearasu
September 16th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Watching Trey play for the last two weeks, the guy can still play. The only drawbacks that I can see we have with Trey playing as opposed to Armanti is 1) as Kidd said, he can't run as well and 2) because he can't run as well it allows defenses to take KRich out of the game. Yesterday, KRich finally started putting up numbers once we started passing him the ball out of the backfield. But, as far as running him out of the shotgun, it wasn't happening. Once the game was decided the lanes started opening up, but we saw it against Lenoir-Rhyne too. Just my xtwocentsx
Kinda hard to say that a guy that just rushed for almost 100 yards with an average of about 8 yards a carry can't run... People forget that Trey is fast (I know he was faster than Richie WIlliams but don't know if he is faster than Armanti). He is just not elusive which is key. And as stated before I think the O just has a different swagger when Armanti is in. It's like if the play breaks down everyone knows Armanti will turn it into something where Trey will end up going down. I actually think Trey is a better leader as a coach than he is as a player and hope he stays with the program to continue that role. IMO, we need to give Satterfield the title of O-coordinator and then we can have Trey step in to be the QB coach. That would be a great situation for this program.

ronpayne
September 16th, 2007, 11:56 AM
... I actually think Trey is a better leader as a coach than he is as a player and hope he stays with the program to continue that role. IMO, we need to give Satterfield the title of O-coordinator and then we can have Trey step in to be the QB coach. That would be a great situation for this program.

Very well said. I hadn't thought of that, but I agree. Trey is a class act ASU athlete who has stayed with us despite not starting, he's continued to lead!

I'm not advocating anybody being outed, but I do think Trey would be a good addition to our staff someday :-)