PDA

View Full Version : Offering a prayer

Kill'em
September 1st, 2005, 07:29 AM
My prayers go out to the families of Hurricane Katrina. A special thought for those in the I-AA family in the path of the storm.

McNeeserocket
September 1st, 2005, 09:37 AM
My prayers go out to the families of Hurricane Katrina. A special thought for those in the I-AA family in the path of the storm.

I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama need prayers, food, water, shetler, emergency services for now and long into the future.

Encourage everyone to pray and send aid (money or services) to the affected areas. The loss of life will be in the thousands and those who live will have no life as they knew it. No homes, no jobs, and few resources. Dig deep and find ways to help.

Retro
September 1st, 2005, 10:48 AM
This is going to turn out to be the worst natural disaster in U.S. history. It will be months before most people can go back if they ever go back..

ALL of you here need to try donate money to the American Red Cross or donate supplies where they are accepting them in your area.. Mcneeserocket listed the items needed, especially anything that people need day to day that are displaced.

Kill'em
September 1st, 2005, 03:30 PM
Try the Red Cross, The United Way, The Salvation Army. As Brett Favre said: send something they can eat right away because there are massive outages.

sibiur
September 1st, 2005, 03:58 PM
Driving in to work going north on I-55 today from Hernando to Memphis, there were over 100 large electrical trucks and miscellaneous generators, crews, etc., headed south. So that's some glimmer of good news. The power is back up in most of North Mississippi and is spotty south of I-20.

Alcorn State will resume classes on 6 September. The GSU-Grambling game is off for now. Several players from both squads have family in the most heavily afflicted areas. Continue to pray for these fellows and their families.

pennyguin2005
September 1st, 2005, 08:17 PM
My thoughts and prayers to all that have been effected by this horrible tragedy. Especially to those in our I-AA family.