PDA

View Full Version : holy cross wins

hc12
September 15th, 2007, 03:49 PM
great game saders , randolph is the real deal, hc beats havard 31-28 go holy cross we are going to enjoy this one !xthumbsupx xlolx

Fordham
September 15th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Congrats HC!! That's great stuff. Combined with Colgate, this is a great start to the Ivy-PL weekend.

Go...gate
September 16th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Nice job by the Crusaders!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

carney2
September 16th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I'm done trying to figure it out. I'm a believer. I have submitted my AGS Top 25 vote and included the 'saders in that number.

breezy
September 16th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Attaboy, Carney -- I knew we would make a believer out of you.

Seriously, HC is still a mixed bag. The defense has improved, particularly along the D-line, but is still susceptible to the big play. The revamped O-line (replacing three starters from last year) has played well, especially on pass protection, but the run game is still an open question. The kicking game is still a question mark -- I do not think we have a long FG threat and the punting game has been inconsistent. Special teams have given up some long runbacks.

There is no doubt that Randolph and his experienced receiving corps is the heart of the team. They have put together some very good drives in the first two games, and certainly made the big play yesterday at the end to win the game against Harvard. (Incidentally, Harvard impressed me as a very good team and I expect it will do well for the rest of the year; the PL teams that play them in the coming weeks will have a difficult chore.) You can also make a good argument that HC will not see opponents toughter than UMass and Harvard for the rest of the regular season. (The schedule is tough, and I am not discounting the idea that Yale and several PL teams will be just as tough as the first two opponents; I'm just saying that UMass and Harvard is a very tough way to open the season, and being 1-1 at this point is not too shabby.)

This week I will worry about Georgetown, which seemed to play well against a highly-regarded Yale team yesterday. This is the classic trap game; HC needs to avoid a letdown after getting motivated for its first two opponents.

Pards Rule
September 16th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Hey 'Saders great win! Congrats on repping the Patriot!! Good showing this week for the Patsies!!