PDA

View Full Version : 5 Games I'm Keeping An Eye On--9/15/07

BigApp
September 15th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Not much on the horizon this week, but there are a couple of games that pique the interest across the FCS nation today. Many of which are statement games (especially for the Great West conference), and another playoff wannabe playing yet another NAIA school:

#4 Northern Iowa (2-0) @ #44 South Dakota St (0-2)--Guys, this is a classic "5 Games" game. UNI, coming off a huge emotional win last week against Iowa State, take to the road to play a winless SD State squad that lost it's first two games on the road by 10 total points (W Illinois/Youngstown). Brookings is a tough place to play, and the Jackrabbits must, must, must win their home opener. Otherwise they're staring down the barrel of a losing season.
#8 McNeese State (1-0) @ Louisiana-Lafayette (0-2)--I know, you're saying, "well, this wouldn't be much of an upset". Yes, it still would be. As long as those 22 scholarships remain an advantage for one of the teams, it's an upset. For this game, it's my understanding MSU fans have purchased more tickets than UL-L. Factor in the Cowboys have had 2 weeks to prepare and it's a regional rivalry...
#32 Drake (2-0) @ Wisconsin-Platteville (1-0)--UW-P is an NAIA school. Good Grief Drake, this is the SECOND WEEK IN A ROW you've played an NAIA school, and IT'S ON THE ROAD. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x San Diego struggled on the road against an NAIA team, I expect the Pioneers to put up a fight too against the Bulldogs. Drake fans, you want to know why PFL teams are left out of the playoff picture? This game (as well as last weeks) is exactly why.
#35 UC-Davis (1-1) @ #40 Eastern Washington (1-0)-- UCD takes to the road, fresh off a big win at Portland State. EWU has had 2 weeks to prepare for the Aggies after pasting Montana Western.
#36 UT-Martin (0-2) @ #55 Central Arkansas (0-2)--This is UCA's home opener after 2 road losses. This game isn't a conference game, but will show us whether or not the Skyhawks are an OVC (and playoff) contender.

Bonus:

One of the reasons this report is so late, is this: I haven't been able to get this game out of my head as an upset special, so I woke up this morning deciding to place it as a Bonus pick (with no rhyme or reason other than to shut id up):

#16 Sam Houston (2-0) @ #5 North Dakota State (1-0)

SuperJon
September 15th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I think W&M vs Liberty is a "who's for real" game today. Both teams have been receiving votes, but neither has proven anything yet.

CSUBUCDAD
September 15th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Don't forget about my Big South brothers up at Coastal and the Georgia Southern boys. That oughta be a knock down drag out.

BigApp
September 15th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I think W&M vs Liberty is a "who's for real" game today. Both teams have been receiving votes, but neither has proven anything yet.

I agree! xthumbsupx

ucdtim17
September 15th, 2007, 11:22 AM
#35 UC-Davis (1-1) @ #40 Eastern Washington (1-0)-- UCD takes to the road, fresh off a big win at Portland State. EWU has had 2 weeks to prepare for the Mustangs after pasting Idaho State.
0)

I appreciate UCD being on the list, but we're the Aggies, not the Mustangs. CP is the Mustangs. And EWU beat Montana Western (??) week one, not ISU. So we don't really know anything about them

BigApp
September 15th, 2007, 11:27 AM
silly details.... :)

BigApp
September 17th, 2007, 02:36 PM
another very good week (3-2)! :D xthumbsupx :D

Northern Iowa-31 @ South Dakota State-17
McNeese State-38 @ UL-Lafayette-17
Drake-20 @ UW-Platteville-7
UC-Davis-31 @ Eastern Washington-41
UT-Martin-34 @ Central Arkansas-48