PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Lehigh/Princeton Preview

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Finally, after Blogger ate 1 hour of writing today (grrrrrrrrrrr), is up.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2007, 08:51 AM
How do the folks at Ivy League Media day keep picking Princeton to finish 6th (last year: finished T-1st) and 4th (this year)? Foran isn't a bad QB - as a matter of fact, he could be the speediest QB in Division I - and nearly the entire front seven of the defense is back. I look at this team and I'm quivering... yet Penn and Harvard are picked above them?

ngineer
September 14th, 2007, 12:44 PM
How do the folks at Ivy League Media day keep picking Princeton to finish 6th (last year: finished T-1st) and 4th (this year)? Foran isn't a bad QB - as a matter of fact, he could be the speediest QB in Division I - and nearly the entire front seven of the defense is back. I look at this team and I'm quivering... yet Penn and Harvard are picked above them?

Tradition. Harvard and Penn have been strong Ivy teams for awhile, now. Princeton has a recent history of being up and down; never knowing what one is going to get.

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Tradition. Harvard and Penn have been strong Ivy teams for awhile, now. Princeton has a recent history of being up and down; never knowing what one is going to get.

I'm a firm believer in historical cycles. Harvard and Penn have been strong lately -- Penn's "lately" probably dates from about 1982 -- but I can remember back in the 80s when my alma mater had a couple of 2-8 seasons. That's why I don't get too excited about the highs or too depressed about the lows.xpeacex

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2007, 01:21 PM

Imagine that. The Ivy folks being slow on the uptake when it comes to college football trends. :D