PDA

View Full Version : Don Hanson's Poll is Released

McNeeserocket
September 12th, 2007, 11:22 PM
I have been checking Don Hanson's site almost everyday for two months. Finally, his first poll is listed.
http://www.donhansen.com/polls/ncaa1-aa.php
:)

appfan2008
September 12th, 2007, 11:41 PM
he probably had to wait for all the other polls to come out :)

also man he sure has sdsu high!

blukeys
September 13th, 2007, 12:41 AM
To his credit he ranks Illinois State and Drake somewhere. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Pauly LB
September 13th, 2007, 12:44 AM
I am not quite sure where he gets his game results but his #20 Cal Poly is 0 - 2 (not 2 - 0)...

ysubigred
September 13th, 2007, 05:48 AM
I have been checking Don Hanson's site almost everyday for two months. Finally, his first poll is listed.
http://www.donhansen.com/polls/ncaa1-aa.php
:)

WOW!! I rank this poll up there with Pete's xlolx Hanson knows nothing about football let alone 1FCS xmadx That's why it's so late. He take's the obvious and add's his bias xnutsx

OL FU
September 13th, 2007, 06:00 AM
What a minute. He didn't notice that Georgia Southern is back on track with a win against West Georgiaxeyebrowx

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Don Hanson just shat all over Towson.

Seahawks Fan
September 13th, 2007, 07:38 AM
WOW!! I rank this poll up there with Pete's xlolx Hanson knows nothing about football let alone 1FCS xmadx That's why it's so late. He take's the obvious and add's his bias xnutsx

Check this poll out:

http://www.geocities.com/bradleyterryfootballrankings/IAA.html

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Check this poll out:

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

OL FU
September 13th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Check this poll out:

WOW I guess he thinks ASU has made the move upxeekx xeekx xeekx

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 07:48 AM

I read a little into his reasoning, just because its beyond any rational thought to have Towson ranked #4. He heavily weighs FCS records, so to him ASU's 2-0 (0-0FCS)record is no better than Liberty's 2-0(0-0) start. A Michigan win is no different than a Shippensburg win. xeekx xeekx xnonono2x

Seahawks Fan
September 13th, 2007, 07:49 AM

The Bradley index is based on strength of opposition. I guess that's why ASU is rated so high at 47th place?

xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx

OL FU
September 13th, 2007, 07:58 AM
The Bradley index is based on strength of opposition. I guess that's why ASU is rated so high at 47th place?

xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx

We have a new acronym. RSOS = reverse strength of schedulexnodx

andy7171
September 13th, 2007, 08:00 AM

xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx

I think I read its strength of FCS opposition, which in a bizarre way does make sense. Not sure what's so special about Towsons "wins" over Central Conn and Morgan State to garner a top 5 rating though. xeyebrowx

mcveyrl
September 13th, 2007, 08:01 AM
This poll is always wacky. This is actually the best I've ever seen it. For a few years there he would have JMU ranked No. 1 when they had no business being there.

HensRock
September 13th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I read a little into his reasoning, just because its beyond any rational thought to have Towson ranked #4. He heavily weighs FCS records, so to him ASU's 2-0 (0-0FCS)record is no better than Liberty's 2-0(0-0) start. A Michigan win is no different than a Shippensburg win. xeekx xeekx xnonono2x

Agreed. What he should do is not separate FCS and FBS, but do them together (like Sagarin). That way the teams beating FBS teams will get credit for it. Of course, App beating an 0-2 Michigan won't get much credit in his system eaither! It's way too early for him to release his results. He should wait until mid-season before his system has enough data.

appfan2008
September 13th, 2007, 08:09 AM
This poll is always wacky. This is actually the best I've ever seen it. For a few years there he would have JMU ranked No. 1 when they had no business being there.

most of these computer generated polls do that but they seem to always sort themselves out in the end!

OL FU
September 13th, 2007, 08:14 AM
most of these computer generated polls do that but they seem to always sort themselves out in the end!

But they are good for some yucks between now and thenxlolx

89rabbit
September 13th, 2007, 08:23 AM
he probably had to wait for all the other polls to come out :)

also man he sure has sdsu high!

Well, we did lose to a top 20 team in 4 OT by 3 and lost to a top ten by 6. Both games on the road. I am not saying we should be Top 20 or anything, but we are playing pretty good football against really good teams on the road. We have another top ten team this week in UNI, but at least we are at home.

terrierbob
September 13th, 2007, 08:31 AM
My own rankings will soon be out. I take the AGS poll and average the number of times the band plays the school fight song over the past 22 gamnes, divide that into the brunette/blonds ratio of the cheerleaders. Example: 4/(2/4)= 8. This is known as the spirit-split end factor. A computer at the Lawrence Livermore lab then factors in the uniform attractiveness ranking, along with the dew point at the playing field. I should have results by Friday.

cats2506
September 13th, 2007, 08:44 AM
How is Cal Poly ranked #20 at 0-2
Has the wrong record for MT St. 0-1

Just what we need another worthless poll.

The only 2 polls that are any good are the Sports Network and the Coaches.

The rest are either a copy of them, a popularity contest, or just plain idiots who want a poll of their own so that their teams can rank

Eaglesrus
September 13th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Check this poll out:

So what is that, a 35-way tie for 48th place?

AshevilleApp
September 13th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Maybe we should create a poll to rank the poll-makers?

MarkCCU
September 13th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Don and Pete would be tied for last place

Franks Tanks
September 13th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Lafayette is ranked 23rd, Don Hansen clearly knows what he is talking about :D

Seahawks Fan
September 13th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Maybe we should create a poll to rank the poll-makers?

Not a bad idea.

xnodx

ysubigred
September 13th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Check this poll out:

GOOD LORD!! According to this guy:

#5 Stony Brook invades #31 YSU Saturday xcoolx

ysubigred
September 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Don and Pete would be tied for last place

No way fish. Old Bradley Terry has blown D&P away xlolx

ronpayne
September 13th, 2007, 07:26 PM
My own rankings will soon be out. I take the AGS poll and average the number of times the band plays the school fight song over the past 22 gamnes, divide that into the brunette/blonds ratio of the cheerleaders. Example: 4/(2/4)= 8. This is known as the spirit-split end factor. A computer at the Lawrence Livermore lab then factors in the uniform attractiveness ranking, along with the dew point at the playing field. I should have results by Friday.

I've heard a lot of funny crap, but you get the cake. Somebody buy this man a drink!

xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xnodx xlolx xnodx

MSUBear42
September 13th, 2007, 07:39 PM
What! No Missouri State in the top FORTY? Is Hanson a moron?

Seawolf97
September 13th, 2007, 07:55 PM
GOOD LORD!! According to this guy:

#5 Stony Brook invades #31 YSU Saturday xcoolx

Cool! Then we can put Michigan on our schedule xlolx xlolx