PDA

View Full Version : Week 1: Prognosticating the Patriot

colgate13
August 31st, 2005, 02:58 PM
Is up on The 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com).

To give you this skinny;

Fordham over URI
Colgate over CCSU
Holy Cross over Sacred Heart
Lehigh over Monmouth
Bucknell over Georgetown
Lafayette over Marist

Give it a read!

cosmo here
August 31st, 2005, 03:09 PM
Is up on The 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com).

To give you this skinny;

Fordham over URI
Colgate over CCSU
Holy Cross over Sacred Heart
Lehigh over Monmouth
Bucknell over Georgetown
Lafayette over Marist

Give it a read!

Yeah !! Everybody starts 1-0 !! (well, except Georgetown)

LBPop
August 31st, 2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah !! Everybody starts 1-0 !! (well, except Georgetown)

Not so fast...

As always, 13 does a terrific job and from where I sit, his analysis makes complete sense. If I were to bet (and if the NCAA would allow me to bet), I would let my heart put some $$ on the Hoyas--especially if there were a TD or more in the spread. Straight up, I would have to wait until Georgetown earns my investment.

As our Hamilton expert says, both teams have questions on offense, but bring excellent personnel on 'D'. In a game like that, one key TO or one spectacular special teams play can be the difference. I will certainly be there-- calmly watching as an unbiased observer...right!

Fordham
August 31st, 2005, 04:11 PM
excepting the one league game, it's interesting to see which teams go out and schedule an A10 game to open up the skid and which ones go mid-major!!

PS - It'd be great if things work out like you list above. I'll even take Pop's adjustment with a G-town win, although I think that would freak me out too much ... both because I don't want to have to worry about Georgetown this early in the season and I really think Bucknell is going to be tough this year.

Ken_Z
August 31st, 2005, 07:59 PM
no adjustments to the G'town/Bucknell result please. actually, i think Georgetown has about a 1/5 chance of winning. Bucknell's offense is high risk for turnovers and with a new quarterback there is a significant element of uncertainty.

colgate13
August 31st, 2005, 09:19 PM
Both BU and G'Town will be suceptible to some funny bounces under the lights. Ultimately I think BU's defense will prove too much for the Hoyas to overcome, but you never know. And, BU has to find a way to score themselves. G'Town's ends are one of their bright spots on D and could make this new QBs day a LONG one.

I will be interested to see how it turns out. Hey KenZ, is there an internet feed to listen to since it's a night game?

colgate13
August 31st, 2005, 09:22 PM
excepting the one league game, it's interesting to see which teams go out and schedule an A10 game to open up the skid and which ones go mid-major!!

Two words for you Fordham: Week 2! The Rams have Duquense, but Colgate has UMass, Lehigh has Delaware and Lafayette has Richmond. We were smart and got the tune up game scheduled first!:p

BTW, it will be interesting to see what the PL/A-10 record is after that weekend!

Ken_Z
September 1st, 2005, 07:22 AM
Both BU and G'Town will be suceptible to some funny bounces under the lights. Ultimately I think BU's defense will prove too much for the Hoyas to overcome, but you never know. And, BU has to find a way to score themselves. G'Town's ends are one of their bright spots on D and could make this new QBs day a LONG one.

I will be interested to see how it turns out. Hey KenZ, is there an internet feed to listen to since it's a night game?

this link should get you there. Bucknell makes all their games available through Sportsjuice for free.

http://www.sportsjuice.com/providers2/index.php?tname=bucknell

Pard94
September 1st, 2005, 07:31 AM
Finally! The season has arrived. Must agree wholeheartedly with 13's picks. If Lafayette blows this game (and by "blow" I mean win less than two touchdowns), I doubt I would be able to post on this board or any other for a very long time. I've been talking a lot of smack this offseason on behalf of my Leopards...the way I see it they owe me a very fun football seaon! :D

colgate13
September 1st, 2005, 07:40 AM
this link should get you there. Bucknell makes all their games available through Sportsjuice for free.

http://www.sportsjuice.com/providers2/index.php?tname=bucknell

Great! I'm thinking that after I put little13 to bed, it's game time! I should catch more than a half or so. Thanks.

LBPop
September 1st, 2005, 09:11 AM
no adjustments to the G'town/Bucknell result please.

None should be made. My heart is making me believe that an upset is a real possibility, but I would not bet the Hoyas straight up. However, with 7 points or more, I would certainly think about it. Hey 13, hope you're rooting for the poor ol' underdogs while you're listening on Saturday night. :p

Lafalumni29
September 1st, 2005, 01:17 PM
Same here 94! I've been adding fuel to your fire as well. Speaking of "smack", what do you think of the picture I've added to my signature? lol

Pard94
September 1st, 2005, 01:44 PM
Same here 94! I've been adding fuel to your fire as well. Speaking of "smack", what do you think of the picture I've added to my signature? lol

Hey Laf29, you new around here? Nice to have you. That's an awesome pic. Hopefully the Leopards have more of that on tap for the rest of the PL. Time for our team to put THEIR money where OUR mouths are!