PDA

View Full Version : Delaware State vrs Kent State

DelState05
September 11th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Any one think the hornets can pull off this win and clime higher in the polls

Big Dawg
September 11th, 2007, 01:05 AM
You have some talented athletes...especially that Shaheer McBride kid...but honestly, I don't think they can.

DelState05
September 11th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Maybe just wishful thinking... But i do think we can win the Meac and make some noise in the playoffs....Dare i say Semi- Finals

blukeys
September 11th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Maybe just wishful thinking... But i do think we can win the Meac and make some noise in the playoffs....Dare i say Semi- Finals

That would be better than Hampton's showing.

Henny
September 11th, 2007, 03:08 AM
That Del. State - UD game may be coming sooner than you think!

Best of luck to the Hornets vs Kent

Tealblood
September 11th, 2007, 06:46 AM
I gots you guys ranked #22 now cuz quite frankly we are not as bad as some think we are

henfan
September 11th, 2007, 08:06 AM
It's a lot to ask of DSU at this point in the season, IMO. They absolutely can win this one, but the odds will be stacked against them.

Kent is not a bad mid-major team. Competitively, they're comparable to a Top 15 FCS team. A win vs. the Flashes will open the eyes of some pollsters, I would think.

Ivytalk
September 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Kent beat Iowa State in week 1, but got stomped by Kentucky on Saturday. I think the Hornets will lose a close game on the road.

GannonFan
September 11th, 2007, 09:48 AM
This is the first FBS team the Hornets have played since playing first-year-in-DIA Akron back in 1988. Kent St is much, much better than that Akron team and I think the Hornets could get buried on Saturday. Del St feasted on the likes of St. Francis and Concord last year, and while I think Coastal isn't terrible, they certainly aren't the team they were last year. This is a real tough game for Del St and I don't see them being close.

The real battle for Del St is whether they can go to Hampton and to South Carolina St and win - that's their way into the playoffs and if they can pull that off they'll be there. However, since they would probably need to come up to Newark the first Saturday after Thanksgiving, I don't see the semi-finals in their future.

Henny
September 11th, 2007, 11:27 AM
If our brothers from the south take care of business IN the MEAC and the Hens hold up our end of the bargain(1st or 2nd in the CAA) , guess who is coming to Delaware Stadium on thanksgiving weekend!

HIU 93
September 11th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Can they? I haven't seen them play, but Kent is about as good as NIU, and we saw what happened when NIU played a FCS team. DSU is very good from all reports, so we shall see. I think they can do it, but will they?

GannonFan
September 11th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Neat thing from a Delaware angle - all 3 colleges in the state that play football are all ranked currently - UD and DSU in FCS and Wesley is ranked #7 in the DIII poll.

89Hen
September 11th, 2007, 11:58 AM
If our brothers from the south take care of business IN the MEAC and the Hens hold up our end of the bargain(1st or 2nd in the CAA) , guess who is coming to Delaware Stadium on thanksgiving weekend!
It's early in the season, but this is the first time in a long time that we can even think of entertaining this scenario. With Hampton having a close game with Howard, perhaps they aren't as strong as the last couple... HIU93, what do you think? Kent this week, Hampton the following... we'll know soon enough if DSU will be there.

The Hens have a VERY tough road to the playoffs too. JMU looked pretty good against UNH who is pretty good, Hofstra looked good, Richmond looked good, even stinking Nova looked good. xeyebrowx

Henny
September 11th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Yep long way to go for us. I assume you saw both of our games so far 86. If the Hens can stay healthy, there is not a team on that schedule, Navy included, who can out score us. Take it to the bank.

HIU 93
September 11th, 2007, 01:01 PM
With Hampton having a close game with Howard, perhaps they aren't as strong as the last couple... HIU93, what do you think?

I think we struggle every time we play in Greene Stadium. It is no indicator of where we are. Because of our schedule, I don't think we can be truly be evaluated until the 20th when we play MSU.

But, I guess that is just my bigotry speaking.xrolleyesx

89Hen
September 11th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I think we struggle every time we play in Greene Stadium. It is no indicator of where we are. Because of our schedule, I don't think we can be truly be evaluated until the 20th when we play MSU.
Delaware has the same problem at Northeastern. I don't know what it is about some places. I didn't realize you guys normally struggle there. xthumbsupx

89Hen
September 11th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I think we struggle every time we play in Greene Stadium.
Holy cow, you weren't kidding. Last several games at Greene...

Hampton 31 - Howard 24
Hampton 22 - Howard 12
Hampton 17 - Howard 14
Hampton 27 - Howard 20...

at home your wins are: 48-7, 47-14, 51-2...

Maybe it was wishful thinking... nothing against your Pirates, but I'd love to see DelSt make the playoffs. I still think you're the team to beat in the MEAC.

HIU 93
September 11th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Delaware has the same problem at Northeastern. I don't know what it is about some places. I didn't realize you guys normally struggle there. xthumbsupx

2002 at Hampton- 51-2 Hampton win
2003 at Howard- 17-14 Hampton win
2004 at Hampton- 47-14 Hampton win
2005 at Howard- 22-12 Hampton win
2006 at Hampton- 46-7 Hampton win
2007 at Howard- 31-24 Hampton win

GannonFan
September 11th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Holy cow, you weren't kidding. Last several games at Greene...

Hampton 31 - Howard 24
Hampton 22 - Howard 12
Hampton 17 - Howard 14
Hampton 27 - Howard 20...

at home your wins are: 48-7, 47-14, 51-2...

Maybe it was wishful thinking... nothing against your Pirates, but I'd love to see DelSt make the playoffs. I still think you're the team to beat in the MEAC.

Watch out for SC State - they travel to Hampton but have Del St at home.

Big Dawg
September 11th, 2007, 02:55 PM
So you guys have already narrowed it down to a 3 team race in the MEAC. Not saying we will turn this early 0-2 start around but the MEAc has gotten better as a whole. It's wayyy to early in the season to tell who can do what.

89Hen
September 11th, 2007, 02:58 PM
So you guys have already narrowed it down to a 3 team race in the MEAC.
You guys had a hand in it. :p

Big Dawg
September 11th, 2007, 03:44 PM
You guys had a hand in it. :p

That's low...xnonox ...but the season is young.

bjtheflamesfan
September 11th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I gots you guys ranked #22 now cuz quite frankly we are not as bad as some think we are
Del state wins this one and they are probably solidly in my top 20

89Hen
September 11th, 2007, 04:02 PM
That's low...xnonox ...but the season is young.
I'm rooting for the Rattlers to get back to where they were before you started the move to I-A... you were really shaking things up then. xthumbsupx

ysuallthetime
September 11th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Kent State is no joke this season. The QB is fast and can make plays. Be prepared to stop the run. BEAT KENT STATE!

R.A.
September 12th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I'm not expecting DSU to win... but they can still win the MEAC... I'm not sure they will though.

SCSU got the revenge win @ B-CU that they have been preparing for all summer... plus, Hampton lucked up again versus us.

It would have been nice if some of our other teams handled their out of conference business, but they didn't... It would be shameful if we were reduced to one playoff bid again.