PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook @ YSU

ysuallthetime
September 10th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Any predictions? I don't think there is a way Stony Brook comes into Youngstown and wins.

appfan2008
September 10th, 2007, 10:31 PM
YSU should run away with this one I believe

Uncle Buck
September 10th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Very tough to go to the ice castle and win. HU seemed to screw it up every time out. I think SBU will play tough but the Penguins wear them down and double them up. YSU 34 SBU 17

CSU Girl
September 11th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Go Penguins! Although Stony brook is joining our conference next year.

ysubigred
September 11th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Go Penguins! Although Stony brook is joining our conference next year.

CSU Girl,

Big Penguinn fan? Family ties? Just being factious xconfusedx I've noticed you said Go Penguins more than once today xthumbsupx And that's a good thing xbowx

YSU win's big "IF" we show up for 4 quarters. If they play half a game as of lately then YSU 27 - 17.

Wolfie1
September 11th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Tough one for the Brook, young upstart (38 scholarships this year) program. Future is VERY bright for this program. Great young AD and a fantastic coach!

appfan2008
September 11th, 2007, 04:15 PM
SB has two good wins already this year

ysuallthetime
September 11th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Is Rowan going to be available this week?

Seawolf97
September 11th, 2007, 08:33 PM
This is good test for Stonybrook - see if we have improved over last years 2 games with elite teams UNH and UMass.

Johnny5
September 11th, 2007, 10:17 PM
I think the score may be closer than we would like if the 'Guins play like they did against SDSU. However, I think we will still win it. 31-20

birdsflyhigh
September 11th, 2007, 11:48 PM
If the Penguins play up to their capabilities, then look for a rout. However, if YSU comes out with another SDSU performance, then it could be within a couple TDs.

igo4uni
September 11th, 2007, 11:50 PM
YSU wins this game easily.

ysubigred
September 12th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Is Rowan going to be available this week?

He's listed on the two deep as the starting Holder. Williams is the backup at QB.

OL FU
September 12th, 2007, 06:05 AM
I am pulling for Stoneybrook.xnodx

I love those Long Island Teamsxbawlingx

CSU Girl
September 12th, 2007, 01:52 PM
CSU Girl,

Big Penguinn fan? Family ties? Just being factious xconfusedx I've noticed you said Go Penguins more than once today xthumbsupx And that's a good thing xbowx

YSU win's big "IF" we show up for 4 quarters. If they play half a game as of lately then YSU 27 - 17.

I am a good friend of the Mills family. Also, am a good friend of the Barrows who is currently coaching Indiana State. I am a fan of all family friends, but mostly I am a college football fan!

GannonFan
September 12th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I dont get make make many road games but I will be leaving Friday afternoon to drive out. Want to take in a nice college game atmosphere!

You'll be better for it - I highly recommend a trip to YSU when your team plays there - certainly one of the true "meccas" of FCS football. And the people are highly hospitable as well - a definite must!

citdog
September 12th, 2007, 02:09 PM

xlolx :D ;) xsmiley_wix xrulesx xthumbsupx xbowx xdizzyx

ysuallthetime
September 12th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I'm not expecting a huge crowd. Ohio State is playing at the same time. Yes I am embarrassed to say that.

stuperman17
September 12th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Your very true on that though. Its sad that Youngstown residents would rather watch an OSU game, a nonconference game at that, than go to a local big game.

Stoney brook is better than everyone thinks. They got like 22 transfers, rather they be from big ten, big 12, or JUCO. They got talent. I still think we pull it out 38-27

ysuallthetime
September 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Does Stony Brook have a message board?

Seawolf97
September 12th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Your very true on that though. Its sad that Youngstown residents would rather watch an OSU game, a nonconference game at that, than go to a local big game.

Stoney brook is better than everyone thinks. They got like 22 transfers, rather they be from big ten, big 12, or JUCO. They got talent. I still think we pull it out 38-27

If the score is 38-27 at the end it would be a moral victory for the Seawolves. I understand your defense is one of the best.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Seawolf97
September 12th, 2007, 08:01 PM

Thanks for the support- Sorry about the Hofstra Game xpeacex xpeacex

Seawolf97
September 13th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I'm not expecting a huge crowd. Ohio State is playing at the same time. Yes I am embarrassed to say that.

Try playing on Long Island. I will say the local media coverage is getting better but both us and Hofstra contend now with the Jets and Giants, a possible subway series with the Mets and Yankees- then by November its the Islanders, Rangers , Devils- Knicks and Nets. Alot of distractions on Saturdays and weekends. College football takes a back seat.

ysuallthetime
September 13th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Try playing on Long Island. I will say the local media coverage is getting better but both us and Hofstra contend now with the Jets and Giants, a possible subway series with the Mets and Yankees- then by November its the Islanders, Rangers , Devils- Knicks and Nets. Alot of distractions on Saturdays and weekends. College football takes a back seat.

Does Long Island have their own TV market? I know Youngstown would be scrwed if we had to feed off of the Cleveland and Pitt TV for our coverage. Luckily we have 7 T.V. stations here.

Seawolf97
September 13th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Does Long Island have their own TV market? I know Youngstown would be scrwed if we had to feed off of the Cleveland and Pitt TV for our coverage. Luckily we have 7 T.V. stations here.

We have a local station Channel 12 but its coverage is dismal for college sports. The major networks broadcasting from NYC cover the big FBS games which is where the market is. I know the MSG Network ( Madison Square Garden) has covered Stonybrook games including basketball and lacross. Our game against Hofstra on the 29th is on MSG live that night. . As Seawolf Fan said now the local radio staion that covered Stonybrook sports has gone to a Spanish station - so that leaves the campus station. I know Hofstra has a pretty good campus station. I had it on for the Furman game -pretty professional .

ysuallthetime
September 13th, 2007, 07:21 PM
We have a same kind of deal with Sports Time Ohio the Cleveland Indians TV network. It airs our coaches show, and a re-run of our football game every Tuesday.

It sucks without having local T.V. coverage. Youngstown is very lucky for the size of our market to have such good coverage.

Seawolf97
September 13th, 2007, 07:51 PM
We have a same kind of deal with Sports Time Ohio the Cleveland Indians TV network. It airs our coaches show, and a re-run of our football game every Tuesday.

It sucks without having local T.V. coverage. Youngstown is very lucky for the size of our market to have such good coverage.

I still think the 5 FCS programs in the New York Metro area should pool their marketing resources to promote their programs. Besides Stonybrook and Hofstra you have Fordham, Columbia and Wagner all within 50 miles of each other. Maybe all those PHD's at those schools can come up with an idea. xreadx

ysuallthetime
September 13th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Does YES do anything at all?

Is Rutgers the team of NYC?

Seawolf97
September 13th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Does YES do anything at all?

Is Rutgers the team of NYC?

They are for now. Ten years ago you could buy a ticket on the 50 yard line just before kickoff. If they start having some weak seasons the NY media will forget all about them .
Now college hoops is big. Put two Big East teams in the Garden say St Johns and U Conn it will sell out. New York is a fickle place.

ysuallthetime
September 13th, 2007, 08:56 PM
They are for now. Ten years ago you could buy a ticket on the 50 yard line just before kickoff. If they start having some weak seasons the NY media will forget all about them .
Now college hoops is big. Put two Big East teams in the Garden say St Johns and U Conn it will sell out. New York is a fickle place.

I know, and ST. Johns is horrible. Rutgers will be good for years to come. Funny thing is about 5 years ago when I was still in school... I had a reading for English class about Rutgers cutting the football program. The quote was something like "Our school funds a losing football program, but cuts faculty." Isn't it funny how high they have climbed?

Uncle Buck
September 14th, 2007, 06:40 AM
No......However, Hofstra doesnt either, they just have CAAzone. So I dont feel as bad.

That's a conference and fan message board, i think it counts. xtwocentsx

Uncle Buck
September 14th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I still think the 5 FCS programs in the New York Metro area should pool their marketing resources to promote their programs. Besides Stonybrook and Hofstra you have Fordham, Columbia and Wagner all within 50 miles of each other. Maybe all those PHD's at those schools can come up with an idea. xreadx

Very true, and Fiore the Stony Brook AD is a Hofstra grad, it would be great to see them tie their efforts together to promote FCS football on LI.

DetroitFlyer
September 14th, 2007, 08:10 AM
tOSU makes it very hard on all Ohio teams.... This game would so much more interesting and better attended if it were Dayton @ YSU rather than Stony Brook @ YSU. It is an absolute crime that the only two FCS teams in Ohio never play each other.... All time, UD is 9-0 against the Guins.... If Drake can play and defeat ISU, there should be no reason why UD and YSU cannot work out a series. Being so close, it should be a home / home series.... This might be the stumbling block. UD does not play "paycheck" games, and I'm guessing that YSU would be far too proud to play at UD.... Whatever the reasons, this is a series that needs to happen in the near future.

As for Stony Brook, let me just say this.... Drake: Zero scholarships. ISU: 63 scholarships. Final score: Drake 27 ISU 24.... Stony Brook cannot blame a poor effort or loss on the scholarship difference. ( 38 scholarships at the Brook, where did that number come from...? ).

I expect this to be a competitive game, but the boys from Ohio come out with the W. SB: Prove me wrong if you can!!!! ( If Drake can do it.... )

Paladin1aa
September 14th, 2007, 10:04 AM
This match-up won't be close. Many YSU fans didn't recognize how good S. Dakota St. was. The Guins jumped on them early. Half-time adjustments allowed the Rabbits to come out and make a game of it. But they couldn't stop YSU.

The Brook is at risk of being blown -out. Only thing that saves them is I expect them to call the dogs off and get some promising back-ups play time this week and next .

YSU by as much as 30. Maybe only 21 if they pull the dogs off and play the subs.

GoGuins
September 14th, 2007, 10:58 AM
UD is 9-0 against the Guins

What, back in the 50's?xlolx Sorry couldn't resist

GoGuins
September 14th, 2007, 11:00 AM
SB fans, how's CB Chris Richards doing for you guys? He was convicted of assault last March for beating the crap out of a student in his dorm room and kicked off Michigan's team soon after

http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/2007/03/dont-let-door-hit-your-ass-on-way-out.html

DetroitFlyer
September 14th, 2007, 01:39 PM
1 W 10/13/1939 13 Dayton, OH 12
2 W 10/22/1949 41 Dayton, OH 7
3 W 9/23/1950 7 Dayton, OH 0
4 W 10/5/1951 27 Youngstown, OH 7
5 W 10/30/1971 35 Dayton, OH 24
6 W 9/9/1972 18 Dayton, OH 13
7 W 9/8/1973 22 Dayton, OH 0
8 W 9/11/1976 41 Dayton, OH 16
9 W 10/22/1977 27 Youngstown, OH 23

The Dayton / YSU series ran from 1939 until 1977. Seven games were played in Dayton and two were played at YSU. Hard to believe that it has been 30 years since we last played.... Let's change that!!

Seawolf97
September 15th, 2007, 09:40 AM
tOSU makes it very hard on all Ohio teams.... This game would so much more interesting and better attended if it were Dayton @ YSU rather than Stony Brook @ YSU. It is an absolute crime that the only two FCS teams in Ohio never play each other.... All time, UD is 9-0 against the Guins.... If Drake can play and defeat ISU, there should be no reason why UD and YSU cannot work out a series. Being so close, it should be a home / home series.... This might be the stumbling block. UD does not play "paycheck" games, and I'm guessing that YSU would be far too proud to play at UD.... Whatever the reasons, this is a series that needs to happen in the near future.

As for Stony Brook, let me just say this.... Drake: Zero scholarships. ISU: 63 scholarships. Final score: Drake 27 ISU 24.... Stony Brook cannot blame a poor effort or loss on the scholarship difference. ( 38 scholarships at the Brook, where did that number come from...? ).

I expect this to be a competitive game, but the boys from Ohio come out with the W. SB: Prove me wrong if you can!!!! ( If Drake can do it.... )

I know they will certainly try!:)

BDK@YSU
September 15th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Expect wind today at today's game. Lots and lots of wind, with a chance of more wind due to the Ice Castle factor.

BDK@YSU
September 16th, 2007, 08:20 AM
'Guins 42, Seawolves 6

Game Stats (http://www.ysusports.com/football/2007/stats/game3.htm)
Game Release (http://www.ysusports.com/football/2007/stonyrecap.htm)