PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky power rankings-After week 2

JALMOND
September 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM
So two weeks down and still no conference games yet. However good non conference games last week. Here are my power rankings for the Big Sky after week 2. Once again all are open for discussion as all are just my opinion. Here goes!!!

1. Montana (1)---The Griz still keep steamrolling on. Laying a whipping on DII Fort Lewis just what was expected from the top team in the conference. This week Albany comes west for a game. Will the Danes be able to get the win at Wash-Griz (or at least keep it close)?

2. Montana State (3)---Off week for the Cats as they analyze their game a week ago at Texas A&M. The other two teams in the three headed monster both lost so a bye was good for the Cats as it moved them to second. This week a visit from DII Dixie State (that's in Utah).

3. Northern Arizona (2)---A pretty decent effort against Pac-10 Arizona for the Jacks, even with a loss. They lost the number two spot, but still spots 2 and 3 are pretty close. Can they keep it going? This week is tough. A trip to Appalachian State is in front of them. Good luck, Jacks!

4. Eastern Washington (5)---Surprise!!! Eagles bye week comes just in time for them to take advantage of UC-Davis's win over Portland State. Eagles 1-0 mark better than the Vikings 0-2, even with their win over NAIA. This week, those same Aggies come off the win at Portland and arrive in Cheney. Can the Eagles take advantage of their good fortune?

5. Portland State (4)---Ugh! The Vikings are definitely treading water, to say the least. Two losses is not what Glanville and Co. were expecting right off the bat for this team most people picked as finishing second behind the Griz. This week, they start conference play at home against Sacramento State. Can Glanville and Co. right the sinking ship?

6. Weber State (6)---A bye week for the Wildcats and therefore not much movement in the power rankings. Still smarting from the beating they took in Boise, they get back into the swing of things with a road game at Cal Poly. Where to go from here?

7. Idaho State (7)---A convincing win for the Bengals against NAIA Southern Oregon but not convincing enough to move anywhere in the rankings. Maybe that will change with a game this week against Pac-10 Oregon State. Then again, maybe not.

8. Sacramento State (8)---A bye week as the Hornets get ready to open conference play this weekend at Portland State. A bye could help them as the Vikings are looking very confused. Can the Hornets sneak an upset?

9. Northern Colorado (9)---OK, a blowout against Hawaii was expected. But a shutout against Chadron State on your home field? Next up, a road date with San Diego, who wants to prove it belongs with the big boys. Doesn't sound much better for the Bears. But hey, it was a fun trip to the Islands, wasn't it?

OK, have at it. These are my rankings and only based on my opinions as to where the teams are at this point. Conference play this weekend for two teams (Portland State and Sacramento State) and the rest play non-conference. Big games at home for the Griz against Albany and on the road for NAU at Appalachian State. Good luck to all!

Peems
September 10th, 2007, 10:15 PM
The Griz have a bye week, this weekend. We play Albany come 9/22. The only game of interest is NAU vs. App. St. UNC will lose, the bobcats will win, Eastern wins, Weber loses, PSU wins which means Sac loses.

CopperCat
September 10th, 2007, 10:18 PM
The Griz have a bye week, this weekend. We play Albany come 9/22. The only game of interest is NAU vs. App. St. UNC will lose, the bobcats will win, Eastern wins, Weber loses, PSU wins which means Sac loses.

With Sac St.'s D being better than they are given credit for, I wouldn't give PSU anything right now. PSU clearly doesn't have that offensive system under their finger yet.

appfan2008
September 10th, 2007, 10:22 PM
should be a fun game with nau and asu!

cats2506
September 10th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Im picking sac st to win that matchup, other than that I am in agreement.

And he is right, the griz have a bye to rest up after the tough Ft Lewis game.

AZGrizFan
September 10th, 2007, 10:57 PM
What? No Chadron State? ;) ;) ;) ;)

already123
September 10th, 2007, 11:09 PM
I like Sac St's D to show up and fluster an already confused PSU offense. Sac generates just enough offense as they win 21-17

PhantomCAT
September 10th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Big games at home for the Griz against Albany and on the road for NAU at Appalachian State. Good luck to all!

Are you freaking kidding me? Big game for the griz? xthumbsupx Let's all clap for the HOMERxsmileyclapx

AZGrizFan
September 10th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Are you freaking kidding me? Big game for the griz? xthumbsupx Let's all clap for the HOMERxsmileyclapx

Hey, Bart, JALMOND is a PSU fan. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

And we don't play Albany this weekend anyway. We play BYE. ;) xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
September 10th, 2007, 11:15 PM

Isn't he a Portland State fan? How does that make him a homer?

Grizalltheway
September 10th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Damn it AZ, you're too quick on the trigger!

AZGrizFan
September 10th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Damn it AZ, you're too quick on the trigger!

Well, you know GATW, you libs always were a tad "slow". :D :D :D :D

Grizalltheway
September 10th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Well, you know GATW, you libs always were a tad "slow". :D :D :D :D

Yeah..well...your wife...never mind. xnonono2x

AZGrizFan
September 10th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah..well...your wife...never mind. xnonono2x

See what I mean? It took you 12 MINUTES to come up with that....12 MINUTES! That should have rolled off your fingers and onto the keyboard almost instantaneously! Unless you type with the hunt/peck method..... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

PhantomCAT
September 10th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Isn't he a Portland State fan? How does that make him a homer?

my bad! seems that I read his rankings as a slant toward the griz. I'll crawl back in my hole.

AZGrizFan
September 10th, 2007, 11:35 PM
my bad! seems that I read his rankings as a slant toward the griz. I'll crawl back in my hole.

Well, when we're the be-all, end-all of the FCS world, it's hard NOT to slant everything towards the Griz. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now, refill my coffee cup! j/k