PDA

View Full Version : Incredible App State. vs UM video

Mountaineer#96
September 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM
A very well done vid about the game and what it means to college football. xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xnodx ENJOY FCS friends!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rBzoXqCEnA

89Hen
September 10th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I hate to say it, but this would have been much better last Sunday. The win was one for the ages, but I'm kinda past it and with Michigan tanking again this week. It's also a little tooooo much. xpeacex

89Hen
September 10th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I hate to say it, but this would have been much better last Sunday. The win was one for the ages, but I'm kinda past it and with Michigan tanking again this week. It's also a little tooooo much. xpeacex
I shouldn't have posted that. It is a cool video. xthumbsupx xpeacex

Mountaineer#96
September 10th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Its all good, I just thought it was a well done vid. Someone put a good amount of effort into it. :)

patssle
September 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Intro was waaay too long..almost didn't make it through the 50 closeups of people's faces.

putter
September 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Nicely done video and something you put in your video collection for years to come.

Grizo406
September 10th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Superb highlights!

Thanks for the link!

SunCoastBlueHen
September 10th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I shouldn't have posted that.

Yeah, you should have. Not only was the video a bit over the top, it would have been much better if they cut it from 7:41 to about 3:50 or so and shown each of the highlights a time or two each instead of a half dozen times each. The music was cool though. xthumbsupx

Mountaineer#96
September 10th, 2007, 05:44 PM
you guys are just plain grouchy...xsmhx

SunCoastBlueHen
September 10th, 2007, 05:54 PM
you guys are just plain grouchy...xsmhx

I will fully admit, M#96, that there is at least a tinge of jealousy contained in my comments. xpeacex xthumbsupx

RadMann
September 10th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Somewhat off topic question for you ASU fans: Do you pronounce the Appalachian Mountains the same way you pronounce your school name? The appalachian mountains run near where I live and up the entire east coast, as does the Appalachian Trail and we pronounce them App-uh-lay-shin, whereas ASU pronounces the school (as best I can tell) App-uh-la-chin... just curious....

Cool video by the way...

HiHiYikas
September 10th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Somewhat off topic question for you ASU fans: Do you pronounce the Appalachian Mountains the same way you pronounce your school name? The appalachian mountains run near where I live and up the entire east coast, as does the Appalachian Train and we pronounce them App-uh-lay-shin, whereas ASU pronounces the school (as best I can tell) App-uh-la-chin... just curious....

Cool video by the way...
I can go either way on the mountains and trail. I usually say Appa-Latch-ian, though.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2007, 06:39 PM
That is a really good video. Wa-Griz had the same reaction as the other stadiums when we got the score. That was a good day.

Appaholic
September 10th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Somewhat off topic question for you ASU fans: Do you pronounce the Appalachian Mountains the same way you pronounce your school name? The appalachian mountains run near where I live and up the entire east coast, as does the Appalachian Train and we pronounce them App-uh-lay-shin, whereas ASU pronounces the school (as best I can tell) App-uh-la-chin... just curious....

Cool video by the way...

With reference to the school, it is always App-uh-latch-in. With reference to the trail and range in the south, it is App-uh-latch-in. Once you get to about Maryland/Pennslvania the pronunciation switches to App-uh-lay-shin.....that's because they are backward hicks up north.....

mistersykes
September 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM
With reference to the school, it is always App-uh-latch-in. With reference to the trail and range in the south, it is App-uh-latch-in. Once you get to about Maryland/Pennslvania the pronunciation switches to App-uh-lay-shin.....that's because they are backward hicks up north.....

xlolx I have never said App-uh-lay-chin in my entire life. It seems to me like its more of an NC thing than a southern thing, because I've heard some Georgia folks pronouncing it the wrong way (lay-chin) as well. And not northern transplant Georgians either...

uofmman1122
September 10th, 2007, 07:13 PM
That video wins, not only because it's awesome, but because it has the 300 soundtrack on it. xlolx

james_lawfirm
September 10th, 2007, 07:32 PM

Cool video by the way...

I have lived in the foothills of the Appalachian Mtns. my whole life & went to ASU. I have always pronounced the school Appa-latch-ian. When referring to the mountains, I have occasionally heard it pronounced Appa-lay-chian by folks not from around here. Only folks who have never been to ASU pronounce it Appa-lay-chian, with the exception of Frank Gifford and Kurt Gowdy (or whatever his name was) as the announcers of the first ever ASU football game on ABC TV in the early 1980's, who mispronounced it the ENTIRE broadcast. The only time I have heard the local populace pronounce it "lay" instead of "latch" is referring to Appa-lay-chia; as in the region or area of the country.

RadMann
September 10th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I had a typo and typed "train" rather than "trail, but ya'll got my meaning anyway...

The pronunciation appears to be regional. The pronunciation commonly used for the mountains and trail in these parts is the only way I had ever heard it pronounced until I became familiar with ASU. I also grew up near the appalachian region as well, but nowhere near NC...

Griz0383
September 10th, 2007, 07:53 PM
thanks for sharing that! It's amazing the emotion that winning can release! I understand why those fans of teams that never quite get over the hill are at times sick of fans from the fortunate teams that get to experience that incredible high that comes with winning a huge game. I consider my self blessed! Go Griz

AshevilleApp
September 10th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Watch #31 - Pierre Banks...all over the field....most unheralded player at App until this year...Mark my words

brownbear
September 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Really cool and well done video. Adding the Penn State scenes was neat, I hadn't seen that footage yet.

igo4uni
September 10th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I will fully admit, M#96, that there is at least a tinge of jealousy contained in my comments. xpeacex xthumbsupx

Uh..........yes!!

I say the video was awesome and it should have been 20 minutes long. I just love the fact that Appy stuck it to Michigan in the Big House!!!!!

What a great win. App fans should be super duper proud of their team!!!

chiapet9
September 10th, 2007, 09:21 PM
did anyone else cry while watching that video!? i mean...i definitely had some tears there - so much emotion....i love sports!

psc2445
September 10th, 2007, 09:48 PM
did anyone else cry while watching that video!? i mean...i definitely had some tears there - so much emotion....i love sports!

i think i just got some dirt in my eyexbawlingx too. i know i am a homer but that is pretty good stuff, with a nice musical score as well

appfan2008
September 10th, 2007, 10:10 PM
the tingles going up my spine and the goose bumps on my arms were awesome best video from that day that i have seen yet

appfan2008
September 10th, 2007, 10:11 PM
oh and by the way latch for school, mountains and trail period... not lay!

feb18blacksunday
September 10th, 2007, 10:38 PM
chills, nothing but chills. well done. i only wish i was there to see it.

I was, I cried after the game. Such emotion. Damn fine video. The only down fall from that game is that We locals are having a time gettin a ticket now. First two games are sold out and GSU tickets won't be sold till the week before.

Mountaineer#96
September 10th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Yep, I was able to get just enough earlier today. It sure has changed things around here. Now they have to open the gates 2 hours before kick because of the crowds. I waited in line about an hour just to walk into the game last weekend. I'm going to attend more away games now, which isn't a bad thing although.

PhantomCAT
September 10th, 2007, 11:18 PM
I knew that the day would come when this win would encourage the ape state fans to think they were the untouchable ones.xeyebrowx

mistersykes
September 11th, 2007, 12:17 AM
I knew that the day would come when this win would encourage the ape state fans to think they were the untouchable ones.xeyebrowx

We're not untouchable at all. Any Given Saturday, no matter what the polls or the records say. I think our players know this, and I hope that the rest of our fans know this, or they're going to lose some respect.

Great video though.

Mountaineer#96
September 11th, 2007, 08:44 AM

I knew the day would come when Montana State fans would attempt to spoil someone else's success..........oh wait ........

SoCon48
September 11th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Hell, if we played the Monty State bunch every week, we would be invincible.

uofmman1122
September 11th, 2007, 11:31 AM
I knew the day would come when Montana State fans would attempt to spoil someone else's success..........oh wait ........xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx rofl

trouthunter
September 11th, 2007, 04:58 PM

What an uncalled for remark--considering that the Bobcat win over Colorado was heralded as the upset of the decade last year.

I guess them 'puddy-tats are still a little embarrassed that they returned home to get schooled by a little D-II school the next week. By the way FTC! If I recall the griz own the Brawl of the Wild --65-35-5

This video is EXCELLENT! This is what college football is all about!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2007, 06:45 PM
What an uncalled for remark--considering that the Bobcat win over Colorado was heralded as the upset of the decade last year.

I guess them 'puddy-tats are still a little embarrassed that they returned home to get schooled by a little D-II school the next week. By the way FTC! If I recall the griz own the Brawl of the Wild --65-35-5

This video is EXCELLENT! This is what college football is all about!

Sorry for the correction but this is important. Record: 66-35-5

Ram Ball
September 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Incredible video..

Mountaineer#96
September 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM
It looks to me that the vid was made by the App football team's video guys.

T-Dog
September 12th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I found this on the http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/ and it goes with the whole 300 concept.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_jgyugzLdbng/RtziaN9OQPI/AAAAAAAAArc/AWzQSOaEsuA/s400/300.jpeg

CHAD HENNE: A thousand All-Americans of the Michigan empire descend upon you. My (overthrown) passes will blot out the sun.

ARMANTI EDWARDS: Then we shall fight in the shade...and block your field goal...and stop your two point conversions...and watch you get a stupid delay of game penalty when you could run out the clock...and drive 69 yards with no timeouts at the end of the game...and then block another field goal...

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. I am not your 1-AA cupcake!

:D :D :D :D :D