Sacred Heart @ Iona

Marist @ Wagner

Southern Connecticut @ Central Connecticut

Hofstra @ Albany

Monmouth is on a bye week.

BobbyMo
September 9th, 2007, 05:40 PM
St. Francis @ Robert Morris
Robert Morris: Seems like St. Francis is having a tough time this year. I certainly do not mark this down as any easy win, but on the other hand, would be surprised if RMU lost.

Sacred Heart @ Iona
Sacred Heart: Iona beat Wagner last week, but Sacred Heart appears to be rolling.

Marist @ Wagner
Wagner: I do not know much about Marist, and Wagner has not looked great so far, going with the NEC on this one.

CCSU: Battle of directional Connecticut’s. I think SC is a pretty good DII program, but Ill take the NEC and Central.

Hofstra @ Albany
Hofstra: Albany's schedule, though it looked tough before, looks even harder now after Hofstra beat Furman last week. I wish the Danes all the luck in the world.

rmutv
September 9th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks for putting this up every week.

We'll go with the Colonials against a struggling Red Flash program. RMU had an infusion of confidence and solidarity with their win over Monmouth on the road, and they'll bring that back home to Joe Walton Stadium.

Sacred Heart @ Iona
The Pioneers will have problems once they get into the meat of the NEC schedule, but even though the Gaels took out Wagner this past week, the Pioneers have more firepower. I predict a huge day for SHU WR Corey Bundy.

Marist @ Wagner
The Red Foxes made it closer than expected against San Diego, and the Seahawks aren't on the Toreros' level. It'll be a good game, but Marist prevails.

Another pre-conference tuneup for CCSU, but they should be able to roll past a very good D-2 team.

Hofstra @ Albany
Albany had two close games versus Fordham and Colgate, and I think Hofstra might just be better. In fact, I think Hofstra was good last season (2-8 record not withstanding) but they couldn't close games. Notice that many of their losses were only by a handful of points. I think the Danes will play this one close, again, but Hofstra comes out on top.

BobbyMo
September 9th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for putting this up every week.

No problem, just like hearing other NEC fans thoughts.

RMU o-line seems to have figured things out huh? Hope we can get on a roll here now.

rmutv
September 9th, 2007, 07:22 PM
No problem, just like hearing other NEC fans thoughts.

RMU o-line seems to have figured things out huh? Hope we can get on a roll here now.

Looks like it. General impression was that they still hit some rough spots against Monmouth, but the one thing they haven't been caught with has been penalties. No holds, no false starts, nothing. It appears to be a matter of just gelling, and it helps when you have a shifty guy like Myles Russ getting used to things behind you.

If RMU's going to make a run, it has to start this weekend. They have tough but very winnable games through October 6, when they host Wagner.

BobbyMo
September 9th, 2007, 07:31 PM
If RMU's going to make a run, it has to start this weekend. They have tough but very winnable games through October 6, when they host Wagner.

That is what i was thinking. RMU needs to win the next 2 for sure. More importantly though, winning the next one would be a 2-0 start in conference which would be GREAT.

Calif_Colonial
September 9th, 2007, 09:54 PM
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics17/400/VE/VEXMYSMHXYITLCF.20070909060626.jpg

I was upset that we lost to Dayton the first week because our kicking team missed 2 extra points and a field goal which would have put us up 17 to 16 with a defense that did not let their offense score in the 2nd thru 4th periods. Now I will eat crow since our kicker Michael Wasler came through 8 points on the day and with the winning field goal with 47 seconds to go in the final period. Way to go Colonialsxthumbsupx

Sacred Heart @ Iona

Marist @ Wagner Wagner has to get a passing game going or they will lose to the Foxes

So. Conn. St.@ Cenn. Conn. St.

Hofstra @ Albany UAlbany's younger players stood out last week and I think surprised some people with their contributions. If they have a total team effort, I am going with the Great Danes and another close one.

danefan
September 10th, 2007, 06:23 AM
St. Francis @ Robert Morris - STFU stinks.

Sacred Heart @ Iona - I think Iona's win was more of a loss by Wagner than a win by Iona. SHU will be ready.

Marist @ Wagner - Wagner gets back on track. From what I hear Marist is bad.

Southern Connecticut @ Central Connecticut - 35 schollys is the difference in this rivalry game.

Hofstra @ Albany - Both teams coming off good wins. Albany's home opener should be a nice crowd. Should be close but I'm going with UA on this one. The offense really showed me something last week. Young guys are coming into their own.

Seahawks Fan
September 10th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Week 3:

St. Francis @ Robert Morris I'm impressed with RMU's victory at Monmouth.

Sacred Heart @ Iona Is Iona this good? We'll see.

Marist @ Wagner Strictly a hometown call. No passing game for the Seahawks was their downfall last week.

Southern Connecticut @ Central Connecticut Should be no problem for CCSU.

Hofstra @ Albany I'll go with the NEC team at home.

aceinthehole
September 11th, 2007, 10:52 AM
St. Francis @ Robert Morris - RMU may be better than expected and SFPA could be worse worse. RMU is 10-2-1 all-time vs. the Red Flash and have lost those 2 games by a total 2 TDs.

Sacred Heart @ Iona - SHU handeled its "preseason" games quite well and has a better QB than Wagner, so I don't expect Iona to be a real threat.

Marist @ Wagner - I'm giving Wagner the benefit of home field and the fact that Marist is coming back from a long trip to San Diego, but the Foxes could eaisly take this one.

Southern Connecticut @ Central Connecticut - If we can contain their RB Brandon Toles (a legit NFL prospect) it should be a breeze, but I expect a close game from the in-state rival (ranked #22 nationally in D-II).

Hofstra @ Albany - Albany impressed me with their response to the Colgate loss, however the Pride was even more impressive with their win over Furman. For Albany to win they need more scoring than the've shown to date.

Ruler 79
September 11th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Robert Morris: I am sure the Colonials have dedicated the season to Mrs. Walton

SHU: When do they play real competition?
Wagner:
CCSU: Lets hope this is the end for Merrimac's and any other DII team.
Hofstra:I hope I am wrong. R they better then 2006 Delaware?

PeacockRaider
September 15th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Almost forgot to make my picks. BYe the Way I'd like to point out I was the only one to take Iona in an upset last week, sure there is no way we can keep standings?

ST Francis @ Robert Morris...RM big 35-7

SH @ Iona...Love to pick the gaels again, but i don't see it SH 30-21

Marist @ Wagner...Tough start for the Seahawks, Marist 28-24

Southern conn @ Cen Conn... Rivalry or not, this won't be close Devils 45-20

Hofstra @ Albany...Hmm, not sure but I'll take the Danes 20-17

TheValleyRaider
September 15th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Trying to squeeze it in before kickoff

St. Francis at Robert Morris Robert Morris Colonials tough at home, and already seem like a darkhorse in the NEC race

Sacred Heart at Iona Sacred Heart Nothing to add to this game, except to say SHU visits Colgate to open our hockey schedule on Oct. 12 :)

Marist at Wagner Marist Poughkeepsie native taking his hometown team

Southern Connecticut at Central Connecticut Central Connecticut Blue Devils should handle their regional rivals

Hofstra at Albany Albany Picking the upset. No real reason why, just a feeling. Go get 'em Danes! :)

BobbyMo
September 16th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Finals for the week. I will try to get the next weeks up soon. Probably after the Steelers game.

Week 3:

Final: 28-14 RMU

Sacred Heart @ Iona
34-10 Iona

Marist @ Wagner
24-14 Wagner

56-34 CCSU

Hofstra @ Albany
28-13 Hofstra

Seawolf97