PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeve #1

Tealblood
September 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM
This is a rant I have had before but yesterday was another great example of my biggest peeve.

I park in the assigned parking lot (next to the stadium) and yesterday arrived at quarter til 3(gametime 7). We had a good handful of fans tailgating at that time.

My peeve about 5:30 I noticed a few fans leaving.xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

I caught the attention of a senior CCU administrator who was leaving and was like where are you going?

The answer:

The Gamecocks kickoff with Georgia at 5:45.
I was in an ill humor the rest of the day.

Mountain Panther
September 9th, 2007, 03:24 PM
This is a rant I have had before but yesterday was another great example of my biggest peeve.

I park in the assigned parking lot (next to the stadium) and yesterday arrived at quarter til 3(gametime 7). We had a good handful of fans tailgating at that time.

I caught the attention of a senior CCU administrator who was leaving and was like where are you going?

The answer:

Try growing up in a Hawkeye state. xmadx

LeopardFan04
September 9th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Or going to a school where the students can walk several hundred feet to the stadium, but would rather nurse hangovers and watch Penn St.

skinny_uncle
September 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Guys in orange Illini shirts.
xmadx

Grizalltheway
September 9th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Gotta love being the only game in town. xnodx xnodx

Mountain Panther
September 9th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Gotta love being the only game in town. xnodx xnodx

That's right....cuz Bozeman is a different town. ;)

patssle
September 9th, 2007, 03:54 PM
or live in a state where only 2 teams matter...UT and A&M

BDK@YSU
September 9th, 2007, 04:01 PM
At least Ohio State fans wear red to the YSU games.

Mountain Panther
September 9th, 2007, 04:04 PM
At least Ohio State fans wear red to the YSU games.

The same could be said for Miami (OH) fans, right????

GOKATS
September 9th, 2007, 04:05 PM
That's right....cuz Bozeman is a different town. ;)

xthumbsupx xnodx

Uncle Buck
September 9th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Please, we compete with high school ball. Total apathy when it comes to our students as well, they would rather go to the mall for hair gel.

Mountain Panther
September 9th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Please, we compete with high school ball. Total apathy when it comes to our students as well, they would rather go to the mall for hair gel.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

JaxSinfonian
September 9th, 2007, 04:34 PM
The entire state of Alabama is painted in crimson and orange. It is absolutely disgusting.

If we ever manage to host a first-round playoff game in Jacksonville, we'll be lucky to have 2,000 people show up - the so-called Iron Bowl has been moved to Thanksgiving weekend. Yech. If we do make it back to the postseason I'll be glad to be sent on the road - any excuse to leave the state on that weekend will be welcome.

Absolutely delighted to see Auburn lose last night. Now if we can just get them and UAT to go down on the same weekend ...

CopperCat
September 9th, 2007, 04:56 PM
That administrator should be publically wacked over the head with stick for being such a cop-out.xnonono2x

uofmman1122
September 9th, 2007, 05:40 PM
That's right....cuz Bozeman is a different town. ;)Thank god. xlolx

GAD
September 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
STRANGE We never seem to have that problem. We are about 15 minutes from some school called LSU and roughly an hour for Tulane and UL-L:p

SuperJon
September 9th, 2007, 06:10 PM
We had kids show up last night with Florida Gators shirts on.

The more common thing with us is we'll have kids wear Liberty shirts and then WVU, Ohio St, etc hats. I'm ok with that one.

T-Dog
September 9th, 2007, 06:10 PM
We're the best show in the state and we do have some competetion but not much.

JohnStOnge
September 9th, 2007, 06:24 PM
You'll be glad to know that, as parents of an LSU student, my wife and I were offered tickets to next week's LSU game (some kind of promotion for joining some kind of LSU families group) but I'm going to see McNeese at Louisiana-Lafayette. And my wife has no desire to go due to the nightmare that is traffic associated with an LSU football game.

Course LSU is playing Middle Tennessee, and I think that could get very ugly even if LSU is very merciful. I don't think the LSU defense is comparable to Louisville's.

Me, I'd be going to the McNeese game anyway. When I went to LSU in 1975, I went to Lake Charles on Saturdays to go to McNeese games. Not surprisingly, I ended up transferring to McNeese.

TheBisonator
September 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Thank God NDSU football is the biggest sporting event in the state.:D

BDK@YSU
September 9th, 2007, 06:38 PM
The same could be said for Miami (OH) fans, right????

They have fans over there? Never seen 'em.

I kid. I know it's a great academic haven, and they play some fairly decent ball.

Tealblood
September 10th, 2007, 09:34 PM
sorry I was gonna say something and decide against it

UNHWildCats
September 10th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Nothing else to do in New Hampshire on a saturday afternoon lol

NashMoc
September 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM
We have to deal with the Big Orange just about an hour to the north. UTC students wear more orange than navy and gold. Turns my stomach.

MarkCCU
September 11th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Damn, that's a shame.

HI54UNI
September 11th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Try growing up in a Hawkeye state. xmadx

Exactly. Watching UNI students at the dome wearing Hawkeye shirts xmadx. Unable to sell out the 16,000 sea UNI-Dome for every home game with a Cedar Falls-Waterloo area population of over 100,000. xflamemadx

It's just not right.

hawkeye
September 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM

The answer:

To get more beer? xbeerchugx

TigerFan17
September 11th, 2007, 04:24 PM
To get more beer? xbeerchugx

In the state of Maryland there are the Terps, and nothing else. Everyone here is so UMD and ACC crazy that they buy a bag of ***** if it said Terps on it. xbawlingx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 11th, 2007, 04:31 PM
LoL let's have a competition to see who has this problem the worst. There is plenty of Georgia stuff at GSU games but we do have a sizable group of fans who don't tolerate that kind of stuff.

Franks Tanks
September 11th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Or going to a school where the students can walk several hundred feet to the stadium, but would rather nurse hangovers and watch Penn St.

Agreed, but im not so sure many Lafayette students would know what a football was even if it hit them in the head. This includes the male population xsmhx

EKU05
September 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM
We have to deal with the Big Orange just about an hour to the north. UTC students wear more orange than navy and gold. Turns my stomach.

Count yourselves lucky...we're scarcely more than 20 minutes from the origin point of the Big Blue empire.