PDA

View Full Version : OVC's week

Cocky
September 9th, 2007, 10:07 AM
SOCON 2-0
Gateway 1-1
SWAC 1-0

Not a bad OOC week for the OVC v FCS teams.

saluki_in_ohio
September 9th, 2007, 12:07 PM
SOCON 2-0
Gateway 1-1
SWAC 1-0

Not a bad OOC week for the OVC v FCS teams.

Uh, the OVC is 1-2 vs Gateway teams this week. You forgot Mo. State beating UT-Martin earlier in the week....

For Indiana State to lose to Austin Peay, well, the Sycamores must have a worse team that I originally thought.xrolleyesx

appfan2008
September 9th, 2007, 12:11 PM
not bad but who were you playing from each of those conferences? i know you werent playing the best out of the socon!

Maroons
September 9th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Indeed... the victories weren't quite over the best teams in any of the divisions. Still, they are victories all the same and a sign (I hope) that the OVC will soon be reversing it's playoff misfortunes.

Cocky
September 9th, 2007, 04:55 PM
not bad but who were you playing from each of those conferences? i know you werent playing the best out of the socon!

True we were not playing the best of either conference, but the OVC's reputation on AGS is we can play with anyone from certain conferences. Austin Peay is just started scholarships for football and beat a Gateway team. This is team predicted to be last in the OVC.

I forgot the Murray v Ill State game.

JaxSinfonian
September 9th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Not the cream of the SoCon's crop, no. But the winning OVC teams finished fourth and fifth in the conference in 2006. Not exactly the cream of our crop, either.