PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Sept. 15 (Ivy League play FINALLY starts)!

bonarae
September 9th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Well, although I haven't been here in a while because of several reasons, I think now's the time for me to be back.

So, who do you think should win the Ivy championship this year? Personally, I'll choose Yale (even though I'm a Harvard fan).

What's your pick and the reasons why?

bulldog10jw
September 9th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Well, although I haven't been here in a while because of several reasons, I think now's the time for me to be back.

So, who do you think should win the Ivy championship this year? Personally, I'll choose Yale (even though I'm a Harvard fan).

Even though I hate to do so, I'm picking Penn, with Yale and Harvard right there. Co-champions would not surprise me and I think Brown and Cornell could contend if they avoid injuries and their young players come through. Princeton's chances depend on replacing the IVY player of the Year at QB which throws them into the "could contend" level.

I'll break it down into:

Probable contenders: Penn, Yale, Harvard

Could surprise: Princeton, Cornell, Brown

I'd be shocked if they won: Dartmouth, Columbia

Columbia alum are actually pretty optimisic this year, but their history prevents me from taking that optimism seriously. I haven't heard much optimism, at least for this year, from Dartmouth.

Ivytalk
September 9th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Even though I hate to do so, I'm picking Penn, with Yale and Harvard right there. Co-champions would not surprise me and I think Brown and Cornell could contend if they avoid injuries and their young players come through. Princeton's chances depend on replacing the IVY player of the Year at QB which throws them into the "could contend" level.

I'll break it down into:

Probable contenders: Penn, Yale, Harvard

Could surprise: Princeton, Cornell, Brown

I'd be shocked if they won: Dartmouth, Columbia

Columbia alum are actually pretty optimisic this year, but their history prevents me from taking that optimism seriously. I haven't heard much optimism, at least for this year, from Dartmouth.

Say it ain't so, Dog!xeekx xsmhx xoopsx ;)

bulldog10jw
September 9th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Say it ain't so, Dog!xeekx xsmhx xoopsx ;)

I'm hoping to jinx them. ;) :D

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2007, 09:18 PM
frakin finally.

bulldog10jw
September 9th, 2007, 09:21 PM
frakin finally.

I know. It's embarrassing......and stupid.xsmhx

Go...gate
September 9th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Playoffs or not, the Ancient Eight need to go to eleven games.

YaleFootballFan
September 10th, 2007, 11:24 PM

Agreed.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening any time soon..... xsmhx

YaleFootballFan
September 10th, 2007, 11:49 PM

There's very little question who the top four teams are and who the bottom four are. I see Yale and Penn fighting for the title with Harvard close behind. Columbia should be a fun team to watch. Dartmouth will be lousy again.

Here's how I see the Ivy standings when it's all said and done....

1 - Yale
2 - Pennsylvania
3 - Harvard
4 - Princeton
5 - Columbia
6 - Cornell
7 - Brown
8 - Dartmouth

bonarae
September 12th, 2007, 12:09 AM

I've been hearing of this for the nth time in n years!!!!! I'd really agree.

There's very little question who the top four teams are and who the bottom four are.

I know what you're talking about, as always... with Penn, Yale and Harvard always contending for the title nearly every year. (There have been some exceptions every few years.)

I didn't know about Columbia. But I'm quite cautious about it.

Here's mine:

1st - Yale
2nd - Penn
3rd - Harvard (they lost many playmakers to graduation, especially Dawson)
4th - Princeton? Columbia? I don't really know which team to put here.