Nicholls St @ Nevada

TT's Predictions
5-1 record last week with TXST (ACU) only loss

OOC Record: 9-4
SLC Record: 1-0
Overall: 10-4

Northwestern St @ Northeastern - Demons over the Huskies
Kentucky Wesleyan @ SE Louisiana - Lions roar over Ky Wesleyan
Sam Houston St @ North Dakota St - Bearkats bring their 'A' game and Bomar goes mobile
Tennessee - Martin @ Central Arkansas - UTM continues fall while Bears get win in home opener
Texas St @ Baylor - Bears claw the Bobcats one week after beating old ball coach Bailiff
McNeese St @ Louisiana - Lafayette - The Pokes take care of business in renewing this great I-10 rivalry
Nicholls St @ Nevada - Colonels do not the hit the jackpot against solid Wolfpack squad

Peems
September 8th, 2007, 09:48 PM
looks like some good games in the SLC, I'm especially interested in the NDSU/SHSU game as well as the Texas St. Baylor game.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Should be a great game in Fargo next weekend xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 09:51 PM
looks like some good games in the SLC, I'm especially interested in the NDSU/SHSU game as well as the Texas St. Baylor game.

I was interested in the Texas St/Baylor game before this week. I was really taken aback by what happened in San Marcos as far as their loss to Abilene Christian. Haven't really taken in what happened there, so I guess we'll have to see what the Bobcats say this week as it heads into that game in Waco.

Would love an SLC win over a Big XII team, but that may not happen in this one...

bobcatfan06
September 8th, 2007, 11:13 PM
No chance. Baylor was beating Rice 41-13 in the 3rd quarter and the Baylor QB had 6 TD's and 360 yards of passing. Baylor beats us by at least 40, because we have no secondary (just like the past 3 years).

Freightliner
September 9th, 2007, 12:58 AM
my picks....Gonna make this one short.

Northwestern St @ Northeastern
Kentucky Wesleyan @ SE Louisiana
Sam Houston St @ North Dakota St
Tennessee - Martin @ Central Arkansas
Texas St @ Baylor
McNeese St @ Louisiana - Lafayette
Nicholls St @ Nevada

xrulesx Freightliner's Recordxrulesx
OOC: 10-3
SLC: 1-0
Overall: 11-3

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2007, 07:29 AM
No chance. Baylor was beating Rice 41-13 in the 3rd quarter and the Baylor QB had 6 TD's and 360 yards of passing. Baylor beats us by at least 40, because we have no secondary (just like the past 3 years).

It sure is nice to see Baylor turn their program around, but I'm shocked to see Rice take such a huge fall from a year ago -- it's unbelievable really, considering how Rice had their best year in ages. Perhaps Rice can turn it around come C-USA play...

JohnStOnge
September 9th, 2007, 07:39 AM
I'm a lot more concerned about ULL than I was before the season started. The Cajuns can move the football. They ran the football for 252 yards and 5.4 yards a pop against South Carolina in the opener then put up 277 rushing yards...again 5.4 yards per rush...against Ohio last night. Their QB has hit on 62 percent of his passes too.

They played very respectably in losing 28-14 against South Carolina. They did lose to Ohio last night by 31-23...but looking at the stats I can see it sure wasn't because they can't play offense.

Meanwhile, I don't think Portland State is real strong this year so McNeese's domination of the Vikings has to be taken with a little bit of a grain of salt. We're going to find out a lot more about the Cowboys Saturday.

NSUDemon98
September 9th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Northwestern St @ Northeastern - Should be a good game
Kentucky Wesleyan @ SE Louisiana - Lions will get first win of the season with force.
Texas St @ Baylor
McNeese St @ Louisiana - Lafayette - Not saying this is what I WANT to happen, quite the contrary, but I have a feeling OohLaLa will take this one.
Nicholls St @ Nevada

After week 2 I am 10-4 on SLC predictions.

slycat
September 9th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Sam Houston St @ North Dakota St - this should be a good game. lets hope shsu is ready after 2 d2 games.
Texas St @ Baylor - ill be at this game. really hoping for the upset since my brother went there. i say it depends on what baylor and texas st teams show up. moneys on baylor though.
McNeese St @ Louisiana - Lafayette - hoping the best for mcneese against an old foe.
Nicholls St @ Nevada

10-4 so far.. but the predictions are getting harder

patssle
September 9th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Our game is a tough call. Our offense could be unstoppable if the receivers catch all the balls as our running game is very strong. Deffense is very questionable though.

Depends what Bearkat team shows up.

slycat
September 9th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Our game is a tough call. Our offense could be unstoppable if the receivers catch all the balls as our running game is very strong. Deffense is very questionable though.

i dont think anyone has seen what the bearkats can do yet. they were disappointing in week one. in week two they played a team they were expected to spank. they havnt played a team yet to show if they are good or not. i expect by next sunday will see if we are going to see the hang 60 bearkats that the orange fans keep talking about.

JohnStOnge
September 9th, 2007, 07:31 PM

I think you're still in a position of not really knowing whether or not Bomar and others are going to pan out like you hope they will and the Sam Houston running game hasn't faced anything like it's going to face at North Dakota State. You don't really know if the BearkKat running game will be strong against really good FCS teams because you haven't played any. Arkansas Monticello lost its other game by 38-10 to Southern Arkansas and Angelo State is now 0-2, having lost its last game to East Central by 48-31.

In other words, considering its opposition, what Sam Houston has done so far is not impressive (it scored,for instance, 17 against Angelo State a week before East Central scored 48 against the same team). We'll learn something about the BearKats this week.

Bearkatpresident
September 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Like I said in the other thread, it all depends on the Kat D. We have the weapons on offense. [While we opened up the playbook a little bit more against UAM, Coach Whitten really didn't crack the book all that much. While we've seen Bomar run the ball a few times, my gut tells me we havn't seen him really Go Mobile yet.]

If that KAT D give 110% 100% of the time. We'll be good to go. I would also like to point out that SFA (which just lost to a d2 school last week) was able to force turnovers on NDSU. The Bearkat Defense can do the same thing (if not better) if they're at full steam.

JohnStOnge
September 9th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I'm tellin' ya', guys, you really can't tell anything from the two games Sam has played. Arkansas Monticello was a 1-10 team last year that gave up 32 points per game. Now it's 0-2 in 2007 and gave up 38 points to Southern Arkansas in its other game.

Angelo State was 3-7 last year and is now 0-2 this year. It gave up 48 points in losing to East Central in its other game. East Central is 1-2. It scored 7 points against Tarleton State and 15 against Pittsburgh State in its other two games.

If anytying, if I was a Sam Houston fan, I'd be real concerned that the BearKats only scored 17 on Angelo State...because a D-II that wasn't able to score much against two other D-IIs put up 48 on the same Rams.

The Sam Houston offense may turn out to be everything you guys think it's going to be. But it hasn't shown that to this point.

patssle
September 9th, 2007, 08:18 PM
If you were there, you would know why we only scored 17 points. Just like if you were there, you would know the 48 points we put on UAM isn't what we really did.

If I was a Sam Houston fan, I would think I would know more than a non-fan being that I would be at the games.

X-Factor
September 9th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Like I said in the other thread, it all depends on the Kat D. We have the weapons on offense. [While we opened up the playbook a little bit more against UAM, Coach Whitten really didn't crack the book all that much. While we've seen Bomar run the ball a few times, my gut tells me we havn't seen him really Go Mobile yet.]

If that KAT D give 110% 100% of the time. We'll be good to go. I would also like to point out that SFA (which just lost to a d2 school last week) was able to force turnovers on NDSU. The Bearkat Defense can do the same thing (if not better) if they're at full steam.

I wouldn't count on NDSU having 5 turnovers again. Especially the returning GWFC player of the year and Payton finalist throwing 4 INT's, that was the same number of INT's he threw all of last year. We played Ark Montacello a few years back(2005). Makes for a nice little scrimmage, but doesn't do much to prepare for better teams.

McNeese75
September 9th, 2007, 08:44 PM
If you were there, you would know why we only scored 17 points. Just like if you were there, you would know the 48 points we put on UAM isn't what we really did.

If I was a Sam Houston fan, I would think I would know more than a non-fan being that I would be at the games.

All sounds pretty mysterious to me. The Kats are in for a real challenge this week xnodx

patssle
September 9th, 2007, 09:02 PM
All sounds pretty mysterious to me. The Kats are in for a real challenge this week xnodx

Yup. I am very much looking forward to it. I'll be there!

slycat
September 9th, 2007, 09:10 PM

what? you are saying bunch of nothing. the kats havnt been truely challenged yet and they better be ready come saturday.

katstrapper
September 9th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I can tell you that the coaching staff has not opened the playbook all the way. Look for that to happen this week.

Game #1--Coach Whitten thought we could run the ball all night on Angelo State. We didnt throw the ball down the field like we were supposed to. We ran the ball 42 times vs 24 passes and it almost bit us in the butt. I cant even remember that we blitzed on defense. Team didnt look interested and they almost threw it away. Got a win though.

Game #2-- Team still looked uninterested in the first half of the game. We were throwing a few more passes than previous week. All of sudden in the second half, I think we saw what this team is capable of doing. Defense shut down UAM and the offense cranked it up.

The most glaring issue I see is we have with the defense to this point is that we have been getting pushed around up front if the opponent decides they are going to run it down our throats. We better get a little more aggressive this week. NDSU can run the ball.

I will also say this. For those of you who have not seen Bomar play in person, you will be in for a treat. I know he cant be the whole team, but I will tell you he brings a whole different dimension to the game. The kid can move and he can throw. I have read many people doubting his throwing capabilities, but from what I have seen this kid can put it anywhere he wants it. The O-Line is rounding into its normal form. This group is good.

This game should be one of the better match ups of the weekend.

Northwestern St @ Northeastern (NW St. is better than early season predictions)
Kentucky Wesleyan @ SE Louisiana (Lucas notches first win of season)
Sam Houston St @ North Dakota St (O-Line and Bomar step it up)
Tennessee - Martin @ Central Arkansas (Home win)
Texas St @ Baylor (Baylor has come alive at wrong time for Bobcats)
McNeese St @ Louisiana - Lafayette (Pokes send another FBS team packing)
Nicholls St @ Nevada (Wolfpack too much for Colonels)

Dallas Demon
September 9th, 2007, 11:26 PM

I wasn't there, but did watch the game over the Internet. Angelo St. should have won. Wins over 2 Division II teams (one barely) doesn't prove anything. Add in that NDSU is one of the best FCS teams and they RARELY lose at home, I'd say the odds are stacked against SHSU. But you never know, that's why they play the game. Sam's performance thus far hardly provides room to speak with confidence, however... xnonox

TexasTerror
September 13th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Anyone else want to get their predictions in before the wonderful weekend of Southland football commences?

Time for the SLC schools to get a few OOC wins against some pretty solid OOC competition...

Dallas Demon
September 13th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Texas St @ Baylor
McNeese St @ Louisiana - Lafayette
Nicholls St @ Nevada

patssle
September 13th, 2007, 08:03 PM
I'm going to call the McNeese win over ULL. :)

katstrapper
September 13th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I wasn't there, but did watch the game over the Internet. Angelo St. should have won. Wins over 2 Division II teams (one barely) doesn't prove anything. Add in that NDSU is one of the best FCS teams and they RARELY lose at home, I'd say the odds are stacked against SHSU. But you never know, that's why they play the game. Sam's performance thus far hardly provides room to speak with confidence, however... xnonox

Nobody said it proved anything. We didnt play well in the first game and didnt play well the first half of the second game, but things started to click a bit in the second half and I think we got a glimpse of what this team can really do if it stays focused. This week is a challenge.

McNeese75
September 13th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Northwestern St @ Northeastern If the Demon "O" rolls, they win
Kentucky Wesleyan @ SE Louisiana Should be pretty painless
Sam Houston St @ North Dakota St Tough venue to play in
Tennessee - Martin @ Central Arkansas Bears are primed for a win
Texas St @ Baylor Hopefully this will be a close game
McNeese St @ Louisiana - Lafayette Hopefully almost too close to call
Nicholls St @ Nevada Colonels are capable of pulling another upset here.

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 13th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Northwestern St @ Northeastern If the Demon "O" rolls, they win
Kentucky Wesleyan @ SE Louisiana Should be pretty painless
Sam Houston St @ North Dakota St Tough venue to play in
Tennessee - Martin @ Central Arkansas Bears are primed for a win
Texas St @ Baylor Hopefully this will be a close game
McNeese St @ Louisiana - Lafayette Hopefully almost too close to call
Nicholls St @ Nevada Colonels are capable of pulling another upset here.

I'll just take his picks.....xnodx

beerkat
September 13th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I wasn't there, but did watch the game over the Internet. Angelo St. should have won.

why should they have won? we outgained them by over 100 yards, had 9 more first downs, we turned the ball over twice, one they recovered a fumble and ran it in for their first touchdown, the other they got nothing out of

tell me again, why should they have won ?

patssle
September 14th, 2007, 12:10 AM
who cares, that was 2 weeks ago...the game of the week is in 2 days that will define our season.

Dallas Demon
September 14th, 2007, 01:04 AM
why should they have won? we outgained them by over 100 yards, had 9 more first downs, we turned the ball over twice, one they recovered a fumble and ran it in for their first touchdown, the other they got nothing out of

tell me again, why should they have won ?

Angelo St. was within the 10 yard line at least twice (once in the 1st half and once near the end of the game) and only came away with 3 points. Perhaps I should have said Sam was lucky to have won.

Spooney-Cat
September 14th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I'll just take his picks.....xnodx

I'll take those pics too.

On the TxState game last week vs. ACU, it was a joke and a disaster. It was your traditional let-down game after a solid win against Cal Poly. It was ACU's Super Bowl, and they played like it. I would have to agree that the Baylor passing game poses a HUGE threat to our secondary, which might as well take pass-interference penalties over the 20+ yard bombs we've already seen countless times this year. (please prove me wrong CATS). I really hope for a nailbiter, but I have a feeling Bears win big in this one.

I would agree with everything said about SHSU. This will be the defining moment, which I think will be fairly close, but they will come away with a digit in the "L" column.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 11:23 AM
First game of day is NWST at N'Eastern which starts in a little bit...

Here's some information on how to listen to the game...

NWST: http://www.nsudemons.com/listenToTheGame.asp

NU:
Video - http://www.gonu.tv/
Audio - http://www.espnboston.com/
Stats - http://www.gonu.com/live/football/xlive.htm

TexasTerror
September 16th, 2007, 07:31 AM
5-2 week...

OOC Record: 14-6
SLC Record: 1-0
Overall: 15-6