PDA

View Full Version : NDSU / SFA Game Thread

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Problems getting out of the Twin Cities today, so I get to listen on the radio. Here's a link to the game.
Free Internet Broadcast KNDS Radio (http://www.kndsradio.com/)

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Everyone up for the Kick-off xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Game is also live on Fox Sports North.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM
SFA QB scrambles for a 1st down on 3rd and long.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 06:44 PM
SFA Punts, Bison Ball

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I must be the only Bison fan not at the game :(

Bison moving down to the 20, 1st and 10

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Tyler Roehl TD, 6-0 NDSU

Extra Point good, 7-0

RabidRabbit
September 8th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I must be the only Bison fan not at the game :(

Bison moving down to the 20, 1st and 10

Keep us up to speed Gil!

I'm trying to do same on YSU SDSU

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Long bomb on 3rd and long, SFA scores, 7-7

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
64 yards on the TD for SFA.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Big gainer for Pat Paschal, former Georgia Southern back.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Great catch by John Majeske, who went to High School with my youngest.

Little plug for the hometown. xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Tyler Roehl runs over for his 2nd TD of the game. 14-7 NDSU

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM
SFA calls there 3rd Timeout with .55 left in the first.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM
SFA, Meet Joe Mays xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:23 PM
SFA intercepts Walkers Pass, ball in the Bison zone

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Big Gain on a reverse for SFA, now in the red zone.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:26 PM
2nd and goal on the 9, SFA

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:26 PM
3rd and goal on the 3, SFA

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:27 PM
FG SFA

14-10 NDSU

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Steve Walker becomes all-time passing yardage leader at NDSU with his last pass.

Congrats Steve xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Another INT by SFA.

Walkers 2nd of the game and 13th of his career.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:39 PM
SFA Capitalizes and gets a FG,

14-13 NDSU

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:43 PM
18,823 attendance if I heard correctly. xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 07:50 PM
3rd Int by Walker at the SFA 13

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Bad penalty by NDSU, taunting, stupid stupid stupid. xsmhx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:01 PM
SFA inside the 10, no timeouts left

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:01 PM
.7 seconds left, FG SFA

SFA leads 16-14

halftime

The Sheriff
September 8th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Bad penalty by NDSU, taunting, stupid stupid stupid. xsmhx

You are right. Not a good penalty. It was "pick your personal foul". It could of been helmet to helmet too.

Disappointing half for the Bison. I expect a better second half for them.

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Wow, surprised to see SFA leading at the half. Must admit, I have not been able to follow this game, but this is a great job by the Jacks. SHSU is showing a different team in the second half so far than they did in the first half. Not sure what Bearkats we will see next week, must get through this game first...

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:06 PM
You are right. Not a good penalty. It was "pick your personal foul". It could of been helmet to helmet too.

Disappointing half for the Bison. I expect a better second half for them.

The Bison usually start out slow, and build up to the 2nd half, but too many dumb plays. Walker with 3 Ints, giving him 14 for his career, and the dumb penalty of course. SFA's QB is also giving the Bison defense fits.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Wow, surprised to see SFA leading at the half. Must admit, I have not been able to follow this game, but this is a great job by the Jacks. SHSU is showing a different team in the second half so far than they did in the first half. Not sure what Bearkats we will see next week, must get through this game first...

The Bison are having trouble with a mobile QB right now, see what happens in the second half. xoopsx

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 08:14 PM
The Bison are having trouble with a mobile QB right now, see what happens in the second half. xoopsx

Southall is pretty good on the ground, Bomar may give you some problems next week if your having problem with the mobile QB...

SHSU has a solid RB in Poullard too...opens up the passing lanes...

How is SFA doing through air?

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Southall is pretty good on the ground, Bomar may give you some problems next week if your having problem with the mobile QB...

SHSU has a solid RB in Poullard too...opens up the passing lanes...

How is SFA doing through air?

Most of their offense in through the air. Running game is being shut down pretty good, except for the QB.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Good Start, Washington returns the ball to the 42

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Tyer Roehl 15-118 and 2 TD's so far.

........and I didn't play him on my fantasy team :(

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Roehl TD number 3,

NDSU up 21-16

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Dominique Edison is a stud for SFA xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Big gain cut in half by another personal foul xsmhx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Another turnover by NDSU, catch and fumble.

SFA ball

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:41 PM
SFA QB Sacked, finally, fumble recovered by SFA

Mountain Panther
September 8th, 2007, 08:43 PM
SFA QB Sacked, finally, fumble recovered by SFA

Score?

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Another nice catch by Edison, SFA 1st down on the Bison 30

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Score?

21-16 NDSU, 6:32 left in the 3rd

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:48 PM
47 yard FG by SFA

NDSU leads 21-19

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Bison drive inside the SFA 20

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Blincoe to the 1 yd line, Bison drive has been all but 1 run plays

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Blincoe rushes for the TD

NDSU up 28-19, 1:12 left in the 3rd

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Fake punt by the Bison from the endzone, 50 yard gain. xoopsx

Add 15 yards for a facemask penalty

Still 28-19

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:11 PM
5th turnover for the Bison, Walker throws 4th INT of the game :(

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:17 PM
SFA Driving, 1st down on the Bison 49

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Bison bat down a possible TD by SFA on the 2.
Pass interference on SFA

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:22 PM
NDSU up 28-19

Start the next drive from their own 2 yard line xoopsx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Roehl gains 60 yards on first down.

22-216 yards and 3TD so far for Roehl

Nice successor to Kyle Steffes

Peems
September 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
how much time left?

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:26 PM
how much time left?

7:04 left

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:27 PM
551 yards of offense for NDSU and 28 points, 5 turnovers :(

Peems
September 8th, 2007, 09:28 PM
551 yards of offense for NDSU and 28 points, 5 turnovers :(

first game of the season, no worries. Looks like the Bison will win, but next week will be a tougher opponent so Walker will have to be careful with those INT's which I'm sure he will be, he is one of the best in the FCS

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:30 PM
first game of the season, no worries. Looks like the Bison will win, but next week will be a tougher opponent so Walker will have to be careful with those INT's which I'm sure he will be, he is one of the best in the FCS

Another score would be nice

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM
1st punt of the night for Dragosovich

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:33 PM
SFA Goes for the Home Run, hits Joe Mays in the back xthumbsupx

4:41 left

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Late hit OB by NDSU, 1st Down SFA

3:44 left

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Joe Mays decapitates the SFA receiver

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:41 PM
4th and 13 for SFA, 2:36 left

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Incomplete downfield, Bison take over on downs xoopsx

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM
NDSU wins 28-19 in front of a soldout crowd

Roehl finishes with around 238 yards, not official yet.

SFA 71
September 8th, 2007, 10:17 PM
a shame SFA's best two runners were out, it might have been a different game. When you know all we can do is pass is seems like that could change the complexion of the game. But I doubt you will agree.:(

patssle
September 8th, 2007, 10:18 PM
NDSU fans that were there...can you give a feel for this game from your team's performance?

SFA 71
September 8th, 2007, 10:27 PM
[SFA defense forces North Dakota State into five turnovers
http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090807aaa.html

FARGO, N.D. - The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjack football team dropped a heartbreaker Saturday night in Fargo, N.D. SFA came up on the short end of a 28-19 decision against No. 4 North Dakota State in the Fargo Dome. The shorthanded `Jacks fall to 0-2 on the season, while NDSU wins its season opener for the ninth straight season.

The Lumberjacks recorded 333 yards of total offense, including 137 yards on the ground, but the Bison offense was too strong Saturday night. NDSU finished the game with 580 yards of total offense, but it wasn't all smiles for the Bison offensive unit. The Lumberjacks forced North Dakota State into five turnovers, including four interceptions from defending Great West Conference Player of the Year Steve Walker, who threw four picks all of last season.

Senior quarterback Danny Southall carried the load for SFA. He completed 18-of-33 passes for 196 yards. He also led the team with 20 carries for 82 yards, including a long of 26.

Sophomore Contrevious Parks recorded his first start in the SFA secondary and led the team with 12 tackles. Redshirt freshman Terrance Nurse added 10 stops.

The `Jacks will take a week off before returning to the field Saturday Sept. 22, to host Western Illinois. The game against the Leathernecks is slated to begin at 6 p.m. from Homer Bryce Stadium.

NDSUFREAK
September 8th, 2007, 10:50 PM
NDSU fans that were there...can you give a feel for this game from your team's performance?

Steve Walker was a different QB today. He wasn't himself at all. Joe Mays was playing in the secondary and too many penelties and OF COURSE the lousy turnovers. Tyler Roehl fumbled 2 times only to be called down but we wasn't down on and one and that would have lead to 7 turnovers. Not a good game played by the BISON and like Phil Hansen said on the post game on the radio during the drive back home "A disapointing win."

I will give you this though, it will be a deafening crowd next week as well as it was this week. After the first touchdown the ground was vibrating. I watched some of the game from the tv that i recorded and the announcers kept commenting on how loud the dome was tonight....and i don't believe it was louder than SDSU

Go Bison
September 8th, 2007, 10:59 PM
I was at the game. NDSU had somewhere aroudn 575 yards of total offense. However, the Bison had 5 turnovers. NDSU punted once and that was because the FG was too long for our kicker. So the offense looked good but they need to stop with the turnover and penalities. On defense, NDSU was lacking a pass rush and they need to do better in the secondary. They did hold SFA to a FG in the second half. NDSU can definately play better on both sides of the ball.

da_Bison
September 8th, 2007, 11:13 PM
NDSU is great at stopping the run, I personally don't think it would have matter had the 2 backs been healthy. Southall did all the damage, a QB that drops back to pass then scrambles like Southall can is dangerous. Your backs wouldn't have had anywhere to go, there wasn't exactly holes to run through. 4 of the turnovers led to 12 of SFA's 19 points. Anytime you play like that (5 turnovers, stupid penalties) and still win, that's impressive!!

patssle
September 8th, 2007, 11:17 PM
NDSU is great at stopping the run

You should see that tested next week. SHSU running game is awesome right now...we have THREE VERY capable backs.

da_Bison
September 8th, 2007, 11:31 PM
You should see that tested next week. SHSU running game is awesome right now...we have THREE VERY capable backs.

Should be an awesome game, I don't judge the Kats on there first game hopefully we won't be either. Personally, I'm more concerned about Bomar than stopping the run.

BisonBabe
September 8th, 2007, 11:53 PM
While it was an ugly win it was still a win. If we work out the kinks with pass coverage and penalties we should do well moving forward.

JBB
September 9th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Great game!!! SFA is a great team.

Speed, speed, speed. Both teams were fast. The BISON Faster.

Big hits. The BISON are a tough, physical team that plays on the fly.

Offensive line. NDSU is looking at one of the great offensive lines. All time great? Lets wait and see. We rotated at center? No injury I hope.

Running Backs were great. Strong! 200+ for Rhoel. Blinco and Paschall were effective, exciting and fast. NDSU is loaded at running back.

Recievers. Come on. We are looking at the besr receiver corps we have ever had.

Defense is solid. If the offense had added two more like I figured they would there would be no question about this big hitting unit.

Over under was 52. Actual 47. Not bad but I did figure The BISON would have a bigger share. Great game. SFA is a great team.

JBB
September 9th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Great game!!! SFA is a great team.

Speed, speed, speed. Both teams were fast. The BISON Faster.

Big hits. The BISON are a tough, physical team that plays on the fly.

Offensive line. NDSU is looking at one of the great offensive lines. All time great? Lets wait and see. We rotated at center? No injury I hope.

Running Backs were great. Strong! 200+ for Rhoel. Blinco and Paschall were effective, exciting and fast. NDSU is loaded at running back.

Recievers. Come on. We are looking at the best receiver corps we have ever had.

Defense is solid. If the offense had added two more like I figured they would there would be no question about this big hitting unit.

Over under was 52. Actual 47. Not bad but I did figure The BISON would have a bigger share.

Great game. SFA is a great team.

Thundar
September 9th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Gotta Give props to SFA, they played a hell of a game, but the music selection sucked, and so did the pre-game INTRO video. I don't understand why Shamen didn't Fair Catch the punts instead of allowing them to bounce 15-20 yards? Roehl was a machine, Walker had a bad game, Mays laid some smack down on a few players, but the Penalties were just stupid hopefully just opening night problems, Should be an interesting season

SFA 71
September 9th, 2007, 09:09 AM
NDSU is great at stopping the run, I personally don't think it would have matter had the 2 backs been healthy. Southall did all the damage, a QB that drops back to pass then scrambles like Southall can is dangerous. Your backs wouldn't have had anywhere to go, there wasn't exactly holes to run through. 4 of the turnovers led to 12 of SFA's 19 points. Anytime you play like that (5 turnovers, stupid penalties) and still win, that's impressive!!

your leading rusher is the QB it shows that your running backs either aren't doing the job or they aren't there. Which was the case here? If a team knows that another team can't run... uhhhh... they should be able to stop it. I guess we will never know what it would have been like if SFA's all conference back (who averaged 5 yards a carry last year vs Southall who av. 3.8)was there to run full speed. A home field advantage should be worth 9 points. I DO hope you do much, much better next week.xthumbsupx

Bison77
September 9th, 2007, 02:06 PM
your leading rusher is the QB it shows that your running backs either aren't doing the job or they aren't there. Which was the case here? If a team knows that another team can't run... uhhhh... they should be able to stop it. I guess we will never know what it would have been like if SFA's all conference back (who averaged 5 yards a carry last year vs Southall who av. 3.8)was there to run full speed. A home field advantage should be worth 9 points. I DO hope you do much, much better next week.xthumbsupx

All I know is that without the 5 turnovers it would have been over in the first half. The only thing that stopped the Bison O was themselves. Ugly game with all the turnovers and penalities.

westdakotabison
September 9th, 2007, 03:31 PM
All I know is that without the 5 turnovers it would have been over in the first half. The only thing that stopped the Bison O was themselves. Ugly game with all the turnovers and penalities.

I'll give credit to SFA for creating at least 3 of the turnovers. Obviously the Bison weren't ready for game speed and hitting. If the the refs hadn't blown the ball dead on Roehl's two fumbles it would have been a sad day in Fargo. Better step it up for next week.

Bearkatpresident
September 9th, 2007, 04:47 PM
On our end, this game rests on the KAT D. It's taken a game and a half to get to full speed, but now they're forcing turnovers and our kicking game has really stepped up to where we get great feild position. If we can force as many turnovers as SFA did (and we should have a better D than SFA), then our offensive unit can take over and make things happen.

Our offense has the weapons (quick mobile QB, multiple dangerous running backs, an all-american TE)...so I'm pretty confident we can make the plays on offense. Our D just has to be 110% 100% of the time to ensure a victory.

bisonguy
September 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM
I have my game photo gallery up- NDSU vs. SFA Photo Gallery (http://dehoff.smugmug.com/gallery/3447168)

swaghook
September 9th, 2007, 06:10 PM
The highlights of the game were the running game and the fake punt deep in Bison territory that took Major cajones to attempt such a play that if it failed would have meant points for SFA. The Bison need to tighten up for the next game lots of improvement needed they are definitely not up to speed yet and I think the D needs Ramon back as well they could have done better.