PDA

View Full Version : "Harvard's Stolen Ivy League Title"

Go Green
December 16th, 2021, 07:36 AM
Harvard not taking the high road here...

Harvard Football's Stolen Ivy Title | Harvard Magazine (https://www.harvardmagazine.com/2022/01/jhj-sports-harvard-football-2021-season)

Dartmouth really doesn't have a dog in this fight. We went 6-1 in league play, losing only to Columbia (a story for another day). Whether Princeton declared Harvard the winner or not is no matter to us. We either share the title with Harvard or Princeton.

bonarae
December 16th, 2021, 08:01 AM
Harvard is still bitter about the L xconfusedx

POD Knows
December 16th, 2021, 08:10 AM
I watched that game. Both teams played like complete dog****. You would think they would want to bury this game forever. Just saying.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2021, 08:12 AM
Bunch of whiners. They lost to Dartmouth fair and square so if anything Dartmouth should be the lone title holder.xcoffeex

POD Knows
December 16th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Bunch of whiners. They lost to Dartmouth fair and square so if anything Dartmouth should be the lone title holder.xcoffeex
This.

dgtw
December 16th, 2021, 09:00 AM
Dartmouth beat both of them so they get the non-existent autobid no matter who won the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Crusader 2010
December 16th, 2021, 09:29 AM
Would've loved a Holy Cross-Dartmouth first round playoff game.

This thought actually got me thinking. In spite of the PL-Ivy "bowl game" that was once promised, I think the following scenario would be cool:

NCAA playoff bracket would automatically have the Patriot and Ivy champs play each other in the Round of 24, with the exception of either a) the two teams already played during regular season or b) either the PL or Ivy champ is worthy of a bye.

bonarae
December 16th, 2021, 09:39 AM
Would've loved a Holy Cross-Dartmouth first round playoff game.

This thought actually got me thinking. In spite of the PL-Ivy "bowl game" that was once promised, I think the following scenario would be cool:

NCAA playoff bracket would automatically have the Patriot and Ivy champs play each other in the Round of 24, with the exception of either a) the two teams already played during regular season or b) either the PL or Ivy champ is worthy of a bye.

Is that better than a HBCU-Ivy "bowl game"? xchinscratchx

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2021, 10:06 AM
Is that better than a HBCU-Ivy "bowl game"? xchinscratchx

No, MEAC should fold and be replaced by Ivy winner in Celebration Bowl

Just make it a 4 team playoff between SWAC vs Ivy

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2021, 10:11 AM
I watched that game. Both teams played like complete dog****. You would think they would want to bury this game forever. Just saying.

You’re just used to seeing lopsided games

POD Knows
December 16th, 2021, 10:55 AM
You’re just used to seeing lopsided games
No. I am used to seeing quality play. That Princeton Harvard game was a fiasco from an execution and coaching standpoint. It was an odd game.

bonarae
December 16th, 2021, 03:37 PM
No, MEAC should fold and be replaced by Ivy winner in Celebration Bowl

Just make it a 4 team playoff between SWAC vs Ivy

xlolx

Maybe the Ivy Presidents can agree to a Super Bowl week schedule for the bowl game.

Pard4Life
December 16th, 2021, 07:13 PM
No. I am used to seeing quality play. That Princeton Harvard game was a fiasco from an execution and coaching standpoint. It was an odd game.

It was highly entertaining in the stands though. Best game I saw all year.

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 17th, 2021, 07:44 PM
Read this article instead: https://www.harvardmagazine.com/2022/01/h2-armenian-culture

Vastly more entertaining and factual.

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2021, 11:53 PM
My intramural coed volleyball championship back in 2002 means about as much as this.

Pard4Life
December 18th, 2021, 09:45 AM
Finally read this. I mean, Harvard lost to Dartmouth the following week, problem would have been solved... shut-up and go home, whiny losers at Harvard Magazine. I did not think Murphy would be such a snowflake. They even made 9-1 rings. Great thing to teach your team... 'yeah officially things did not go our way, so let's ignore reality and make up our own alternative'... too much of that going on in this era. Maybe one day someone from this team will use this experience as motivation to doctor financial reports... "yeah we really hit the sales record except xyz really did us over, so let's doctor these financial statements because we really hit our goal and want to feel good about it on the outside"... oh wait this happens more than you think.

My respect for Murphy and Harvard football really went down a lot.