PDA

View Full Version : UC-Davis @ Portland State

JALMOND
September 8th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Getting ready to head down to the game. Great day in Portland. Should be low 70's at kickoff and pretty clear skies. Great day for the home opener for Glanville and Mouse. Hopefully will be better than last week.

White will be starting at QB, due to Howland's injury (out for the year). Vikings get Mackins back at receiver (had to serve a conference mandated one game suspension for a punch supposedly thrown during the Sac State game last year). Olanyi Sobaltini will replace McClintock at the back due to injury (also out for the year). Sobaltini played early last year until Ali was able to go, then saw very limited action. Looked good in the spring game and also fall practices.

Only link I found was the Vikings radio link.
www.ktro.com

There may be some others that I don't know about.

CrazyCat
September 8th, 2007, 11:04 PM
UC-Davis 26
PSU 17

4th quarter

CrazyCat
September 8th, 2007, 11:19 PM
PSU just had 5 chances at the 1 yard line and couldn't score.

slostang
September 8th, 2007, 11:23 PM
PSU just had 5 chances at the 1 yard line and couldn't score.

Way to go Aggies.

mvemjsunpx
September 8th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Apparently Davis scored 17 unanswered points in the 3rd. Quarter.

mvemjsunpx
September 8th, 2007, 11:29 PM
UC Davis 26
Portland State 17

FINAL

Good rebound for the Aggies.
Bad start for the Vikings.

Fresno St. Alum
September 8th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Alright Aggies. I just don't get it lose to a D-II school then beat a top 25 school on the road

ucdtim17
September 8th, 2007, 11:39 PM
We're not that bad. Let's call this season even so far kick so ass now

CopperCat
September 8th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Alright Aggies. I just don't get it lose to a D-II school then beat a top 25 school on the road

Just because PSU was in the top 25 doesn't really mean they were a legitimate top 25 school. They were ranked mostly because of their coache's name/reputation.;)

GOKATS
September 9th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Just because PSU was in the top 25 doesn't really mean they were a legitimate top 25 school. They were ranked mostly because of their coache's name/reputation.;)

PSU was way over ranked, they won't be top 25 after today.

CopperCat
September 9th, 2007, 12:30 AM
PSU was way over ranked, they won't be top 25 after today.

And rightfully so.

PSU is 0-2, and is probably 2 losses away from being left out of the playoffs again unless by some act of God they get the autobid out of the BSC. And conference play hasn't even started yet.xeekx

Casey_Orourke
September 9th, 2007, 08:27 AM
And rightfully so.

PSU is 0-2, and is probably 2 losses away from being left out of the playoffs again unless by some act of God they get the autobid out of the BSC. And conference play hasn't even started yet.xeekx

I tried to talk a good game, but deep down I felt that this would be a "mini-rebuilding" year for PSU while Jerry and Mouse recruit players who are a better fit for their philosophy while they try to find the right combinations from players recruited under the Walsh philosophy.

mark my words though, we will be back with a vengence.

Until then, in the immortal words of Richard Pryor to Eddie Murphey.....

"Tell Bill to have a Coke and a smile and 'shut the ****** up'"

AggieFinn
September 9th, 2007, 10:18 AM
..."Tell Bill to have a Coke and a smile and 'shut the ****** up'"

Ha, great line.

http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=79828&rendTypeId=4

AggiePride
September 9th, 2007, 12:15 PM
looking better.

JALMOND
September 9th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I tried to talk a good game, but deep down I felt that this would be a "mini-rebuilding" year for PSU while Jerry and Mouse recruit players who are a better fit for their philosophy while they try to find the right combinations from players recruited under the Walsh philosophy.

mark my words though, we will be back with a vengence.

Until then, in the immortal words of Richard Pryor to Eddie Murphey.....

"Tell Bill to have a Coke and a smile and 'shut the ****** up'"

Thoughts as I watched this thing unravel. The kids are on the verge of throwing in the towel (much like Michigan). When the seniors were recruited, Walsh sold them on the winner's mentality and the fun it would be trying to knock Montana off the Big Sky pedistal. Keep in mind that, under Walsh, PSU had a winning season in six of the last seven years. These seniors can win and they expect to win. Now a whole new coaching staff and new philosophy and, what I saw, not all are embracing it. Rebuilding or not, this team has turned into a case of dynamite, waiting for someone to light the fuse.

Note to our next opponents, you want to beat us, just blitz every damn time. Davis did and we had no answer for it. The Aggies made our O Line look like swiss cheese. Hard to develop a run and shoot offense (or any offense for that matter) when the QB is running for his life or the back gets the ball with three opponents right there around him. Blitz the hell out of the game and you'll win. Simple as that.

Peems
September 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Thoughts as I watched this thing unravel. The kids are on the verge of throwing in the towel (much like Michigan). When the seniors were recruited, Walsh sold them on the winner's mentality and the fun it would be trying to knock Montana off the Big Sky pedistal. Keep in mind that, under Walsh, PSU had a winning season in six of the last seven years. These seniors can win and they expect to win. Now a whole new coaching staff and new philosophy and, what I saw, not all are embracing it. Rebuilding or not, this team has turned into a case of dynamite, waiting for someone to light the fuse.

Note to our next opponents, you want to beat us, just blitz every damn time. Davis did and we had no answer for it. The Aggies made our O Line look like swiss cheese. Hard to develop a run and shoot offense (or any offense for that matter) when the QB is running for his life or the back gets the ball with three opponents right there around him. Blitz the hell out of the game and you'll win. Simple as that.

You'd think with the Run N Shoot they would have that quick dump off when the blitz comes, I mean if you watch Hawaii when teams try to blitz them they pay. But as you and Casey stated it might be a few years as they recruit the right personnel.

McNeese75
September 9th, 2007, 09:08 PM
The PSU run and shoot is not the Hawaii version. Mouse Davis is trying to reinstall the orginal version used in his days as Head Coach.

CopperCat
September 9th, 2007, 09:10 PM
The PSU run and shoot is not the Hawaii version. Mouse Davis is trying to reinstall the orginal version used in his days as Head Coach.

Maybe it's time to realize that the old days are gone.:(

already123
September 9th, 2007, 10:53 PM
so what happened during this game?? Why did PSU faulter?....or did Davis bring their A game?