PDA

View Full Version : UAlbany vs. Fordham Official Game Thread

GD84
September 8th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Coach Ford's team looks to bounce back and go into a tough two week stretch against Hofstra and Montana with a victory on the road. Great Danes have a strong defense while the offense was average last week vs. Colgate. How will the Great Danes special teams play today, having a very big up and down game to start the year?

Should be interesting.

Go Great Danes!

GD84
September 8th, 2007, 05:20 PM
good movement of the football to start for UAlbany...Fralicker a 38-yard FG to give the Danes an early 3-0 lead.

GD84
September 8th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Esposito with a 10 yard TD pass to Marcus Miles for UAlbany's first touchdown of the year...10-0 Great Danes

GD84
September 8th, 2007, 05:46 PM
53-yard TD pass for Fordham...10-7 UAlbany

Seawolf97
September 8th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Hang in there Albany !xpeacex

JoltinJoe
September 8th, 2007, 07:22 PM
4:10 to go in the third. Tied at 20.

JoltinJoe
September 8th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Albany leads 23-20 with 11 minutes to play.

JoltinJoe
September 8th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Final. Albany wins, 23-20.

Seawolf97
September 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Good Win for the Danes !

GD84
September 8th, 2007, 08:51 PM
albany goes for just over 500 yards total offense and 300+ yards rushing...excellent performance by the Danes!

mainejeff
September 8th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Congrats Danes!

P.S. - Whats up with the www.bigpurplefans.com?

Go...gate
September 8th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Sounds like it was a good game.

footballman65
September 9th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Congrats Danes!

P.S. - Whats up with the www.bigpurplefans.com?

domain name is down...instead use

http://www.bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com

Fordham
September 9th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Hats off to Albany on a beautiful night in the Bronx. It really was a great game and given how the last two years have gone as well as how many frosh & sophs we're playing, I can't complain that we were right in it until the end and had a chance to make a drive at the end to win. This young Fordham team can play.

First off, Albany was so much more physical than us it was amazing. That huge Oline just crushed our small Dline and this game was very much about Time of Poss. Further, their D can really lay the wood - there was some very good hitting out there tonight and much of it was by some very tough Albany kids not named Ditsch. He clearly is excellent but I have to say that on this night he didn't stand out. That's not a knock on him as much as a credit to the rest of the D.

As for Fordham, we are going to be a dangerous team to play all year. I stand by my pre-season statement that we could be very up and down all year since we play so many young kids. That means that I could see us knocking off the best PL team one week but also coming out and getting beat by a team that people at this point would be expecting us to win. John Skelton is the real deal and the frosh & soph WR's are an exciting bunch. We finally have big play potential on offense, something that was lacking since the Eakin, Watson, Dudley era. For how small we are, our D plays very tough but eventually the size against a large Oline will likely be our downfall, as I believe it was v. Albany. You just can't have a 6' 240lb DE going up against a 6'6 310lber all night and expect to have it NOT wear you down. Given their Oline tradition, I expect us to be at our biggest disadvantage v. Lafayette. Further, if I'm reading the Albany fans' comments correctly, it sounds like Colgate's D was much more stout v. that huge Oline than we were, so again, it looks like D is were most of our problems will be.

Fun year in the Bronx, though, fellas. These Rams can play.

JoltinJoe
September 9th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Hats off to Albany on a beautiful night in the Bronx. It really was a great game and given how the last two years have gone as well as how many frosh & sophs we're playing, I can't complain that we were right in it until the end and had a chance to make a drive at the end to win. This young Fordham team can play.

First off, Albany was so much more physical than us it was amazing. That huge Oline just crushed our small Dline and this game was very much about Time of Poss. Further, their D can really lay the wood - there was some very good hitting out there tonight and much of it was by some very tough Albany kids not named Ditsch. He clearly is excellent but I have to say that on this night he didn't stand out. That's not a knock on him as much as a credit to the rest of the D.

As for Fordham, we are going to be a dangerous team to play all year. I stand by my pre-season statement that we could be very up and down all year since we play so many young kids. That means that I could see us knocking off the best PL team one week but also coming out and getting beat by a team that people at this point would be expecting us to win. John Skelton is the real deal and the frosh & soph WR's are an exciting bunch. We finally have big play potential on offense, something that was lacking since the Eakin, Watson, Dudley era. For how small we are, our D plays very tough but eventually the size against a large Oline will likely be our downfall, as I believe it was v. Albany. You just can't have a 6' 240lb DE going up against a 6'6 310lber all night and expect to have it NOT wear you down. Given their Oline tradition, I expect us to be at our biggest disadvantage v. Lafayette. Further, if I'm reading the Albany fans' comments correctly, it sounds like Colgate's D was much more stout v. that huge Oline than we were, so again, it looks like D is were most of our problems will be.

Fun year in the Bronx, though, fellas. These Rams can play.

Sorry I didn't get there. My family event ran in OT and I wasn't even ready to leave the house until the start of the 2d half. Obviously I would have seen very little, if any, of the game. I listened to the second half on the radio and, like you, thought this one could go either way.

I'm definitely there for Columbia with the kids at the kid's playground.xnodx

mainejeff
September 9th, 2007, 09:35 AM
domain name is down...instead use

http://www.bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com

Thanks!

BobbyMo
September 9th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Congrats to the Danes. Way to make the NEC proud :)

Peems
September 9th, 2007, 02:24 PM
albany goes for just over 500 yards total offense and 300+ yards rushing...excellent performance by the Danes!

see you in two weeksxthumbsupx