PDA

View Full Version : Future FBS Opponents for Appalachian State

Casey_Orourke
September 7th, 2007, 10:51 PM
I had a disagreement with a co-worker (a Texas A&M fan). He said ASU was a flash in the pan and won't play another FBS team in the future because they don't want to look like losers when they lose to a team worse than Michigan.

I said ASU had FBS opponents scheduled for the next three years, but could not remember who they were. Can anybody help me and prove Aggie wannabee wrong.

appfan2008
September 7th, 2007, 10:57 PM
over the next four years we will be playing
Louisiana State University Tigers
University of Georgia Bulldogs
University of Florida Gators
Virginia Tech Hokies

now that is an impressive list and best part is that is all true!!!

patssle
September 7th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Don't you dare beat the Hokies...that would be anti-american.

skinny_uncle
September 8th, 2007, 07:22 AM
The Salukis have got :

2007 - Northern Illinois Huskies

2008 - Northwestern Wildcats

2009 - Marshall Thundering Herd

2010 - Illinois Fighting Illini

I think we could compete with most of that list.

appfan2008
September 8th, 2007, 07:28 AM
that is the difference... siu is playing "truly" beatable teams and we are playing 4 of the top 15 programs in the country... but of course we beat the number one so whatever

LehighFan11
September 8th, 2007, 07:38 AM
over the next four years we will be playing
Louisiana State University Tigers
University of Georgia Bulldogs
University of Florida Gators
Virginia Tech Hokies

now that is an impressive list and best part is that is all true!!!
Did you list these teams in order they play them? LSU next year?

JohnStOnge
September 8th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Did you list these teams in order they play them? LSU next year?

LSU in 2009. What's interesting is that it could be LSU coach Miles might be at Michigan by then...thanks to App State.

texcap
September 8th, 2007, 09:56 AM
LSU in 2009. What's interesting is that it could be LSU coach Miles might be at Michigan by then...thanks to App State.
What's even more interesting is that Appalachian was on LSU's schedule for this year. ESPN made LSU move the Mississippi State game to last weekend for TV purposes. This required LSU to cancel the game with Appalachian and Michigan to schedule them instead. The rest, as they say, is history.

fuEMO
September 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I think Furman's future FBS schedule matches up well with APP's:

2007 - Clemson
2008 - Virginia Tech
2009 - Auburn
2010 - South Carolina
2011 - Florida
2012 - Clemson
2014 - South Carolina

Tealblood
September 8th, 2007, 11:06 AM
nope App.'s is better

I thought I would tell you so before the App peeps tell you how inferior you are to them

TheValleyRaider
September 8th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I think Furman's future FBS schedule matches up well with APP's:

2007 - Clemson
2008 - Virginia Tech
2009 - Auburn
2010 - South Carolina
2011 - Florida
2012 - Clemson
2014 - South Carolina

Pretty well, I think.

Both have VT and Florida, plus Georgia/Auburn. LSU is probably bit better than Clemson and South Carolina, but that's really the only big difference. Now, if App's AD is currently on the phone with Ohio State and Southern Cal, I'll take that all back :D

slostang
September 8th, 2007, 11:36 AM
that is the difference... siu is playing "truly" beatable teams and we are playing 4 of the top 15 programs in the country... but of course we beat the number one so whatever

Beating UM was awesome, but they were #5 not #1. Still very impresive.

JohnStOnge
September 8th, 2007, 12:11 PM
What's even more interesting is that Appalachian was on LSU's schedule for this year. ESPN made LSU move the Mississippi State game to last weekend for TV purposes. This required LSU to cancel the game with Appalachian and Michigan to schedule them instead. The rest, as they say, is history.

Well...it was good for FCS because, if it's true that what got it done for App was some speed mismatches...they wouldn't have had that advantage against LSU.

fuEMO
September 8th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I'll give you LSU is a better national name than Clemson or USC but IF Furman beats Clemson or Carolina again, the impact for Furman in the southeast mainly SC and GA would be tremendous.

SCPALADIN
September 8th, 2007, 02:07 PM
nope App.'s is better.

Who are y'all playing? I know you have Penn State next year in Happy Valley....who else?