PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it will happen?

KiddBrewer
September 7th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Will Appalachian be ranked anywhere in the top twenty five (assuming they win.xcoffeex ) next week? I imagine there will be a few media out there still willing to vote for them, even though the honeymoon is probably about over for a while. I would say if they are top 25 next week, it would only be for a week, but do you think it will really happen, or is that unreasonable, and not going to happen?

Cap'n Cat
September 7th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Will Appalachian be ranked anywhere in the top twenty five (assuming they win.xcoffeex ) next week? I imagine there will be a few media out there still willing to vote for them, even though the honeymoon is probably about over for a while. I would say if they are top 25 next week, it would only be for a week, but do you think it will really happen, or is that unreasonable, and not going to happen?

"Also receiving votes", right behind Middle Tennessee.

xnodx

andy7171
September 7th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I would think if they were playing anyone other than LR, they would. Going from Michigan to a little D.II school is a little bit of a drop off in competition.

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2007, 01:05 PM
As I said in a different thread, convenient that the rule is changed right before their next game----with a D-II opponent. No way they're ranked even after they beat the country western singer. :(

KiddBrewer
September 7th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I would think if they were playing anyone other than LR, they would. Going from Michigan to a little D.II school is a little bit of a drop off in competition.

yea i agree, the competetion level just doesnt seem good for our chances, but its the thought that counts as far as im concerned. we dont need their little poll anyway, but i am quite amazed they stepped off their throne known as FBS for a little team from BOONE?, North Carolina.

WMTribe90
September 7th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I think its more important what Michigan does against Oregon or Oregon St (which one are they playing?) than who the Mountaineers play. A Michigan win will do more to bolster ASU in the minds of the voters because it will legitimize ASU's win over Michigan. I say ASU appears in the poll at 24 or 25 if Michigan looks good and wins their game. If ASU does crack the top 25 I can't see them sticking around for more than two weeks or so as ASU's SOS drops relative to other top 25 contenders. It would still be a groundbreaking accomplishment and I think ASU deserves it for the here and now anyway.

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I think its more important what Michigan does against Oregon or Oregon St (which one are they playing?) than who the Mountaineers play. A Michigan win will do more to bolster ASU in the minds of the voters because it will legitimize ASU's win over Michigan. I say ASU appears in the poll at 24 or 25 if Michigan looks good and wins their game. If ASU does crack the top 25 I can't see them sticking around for more than two weeks or so as ASU's SOS drops relative to other top 25 contenders. It would still be a groundbreaking accomplishment and I think ASU deserves it for the here and now anyway.

Well, since Oregon State got OBLITERATED by the University of Cincinnati xeekx xeekx xeekx last night, I'm pretty sure Michigan is playing Oregon. They may lose that game as well. xnodx xnodx xnodx

Ivytalk
September 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM
As I said in a different thread, convenient that the rule is changed right before their next game----with a D-II opponent. No way they're ranked even after they beat the country western singer. :(

I thought it was the boxer! Buster, not Lee Ann!;)

Oh, I agree with your conclusion, too.

Tealblood
September 7th, 2007, 02:25 PM
if this weeks game had been against a NAME team(Furman, Citadel, Hampton, GSU, even a Western Carolina) teams sports people(voters) had heard tell of and Appy had won then I say they would be ranked

65 Pard
September 7th, 2007, 03:42 PM
This opportunity to be ranked is unfortunately also a big temptation for the Appies to run up the score against coming opponents....

KiddBrewer
September 7th, 2007, 04:19 PM
jerry moore does not care about being ranked in the top 25, and I ASSURE YOU he will not run of the score any more than it has be.

ysubigred
September 7th, 2007, 04:31 PM
jerry moore does not care about being ranked in the top 25, and I ASSURE YOU he will not run of the score any more than it has be.

xlolx xlolx

I bet he get's/wants at least 50 points better over Lee Anne xthumbsupx

DUPFLFan
September 7th, 2007, 04:35 PM
They will be in the same place on the AP poll that Drake was on the AGS poll last week...

KiddBrewer
September 7th, 2007, 04:40 PM
xlolx xlolx

I bet he get's/wants at least 50 points better over Lee Anne xthumbsupx

true, but running up the score and scoring a lot with our 2nd and 3rd string by running the ball at the end of the game is a different story.