View Full Version : Good YouTube Find (EWU @ Montana, 1994)

mvemjsunpx
December 5th, 2021, 08:47 PM
Prime Sports Northwest broadcast of EWU @ Montana, 1994—posted by someone who's apparently an EWU fan. I didn't find what I was looking for (the '94 QF game against McNeese), but I instead stumbled onto this. 1994 was the last season with grass endzone seats at WaGriz.

Turn the volume up. The sound quality isn't good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjSoeUP-fOM

MR. CHICKEN
December 5th, 2021, 08:54 PM
.....DUH...OL'...COPPER/SILVER/GOLD UNIS........WHY'D YA CHANGE TA MAROON ??........BRAWK!

Chalupa Batman
December 5th, 2021, 09:02 PM
Every time I come across one of these older broadcasts it amazes me how we ever got by watching games without the score, clock, and down & distance on the screen, along with the yellow first down line.

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2021, 01:04 AM
.....DUH...OL'...COPPER/SILVER/GOLD UNIS........WHY'D YA CHANGE TA MAROON ??........BRAWK!
School colors were originally maroon and silver, but were changed in 1968 (and then back again in 1996).

The university's official colors are copper, silver, and gold, and were chosen in recognition of the state's mining history. Contrary to popular perception, these colors have never changed with the confusion stemming from the university's decision to represent "copper" with either maroon or Texas orange at various times in its history.

When the university was founded in 1893 and its colors chosen, a lack of copper dye led the school to use maroon and occasionally other colors to represent the copper. This had the effect of having the athletic teams not always being represented across the board by the same uniform colors. In 1967, then head football coach and athletic director Jack Swarthout, who personally preferred the maroon and silver used by the football team, sought to make the schools colors more consistent and held a vote among UM coaches. They selected Texas orange (to represent copper) and gold to be used on the school's uniforms and it remained for the next thirty years.

The maroon was brought back as part of the university's centennial celebrations in 1993 and a student survey in 1995 showed support for a return to maroon and silver uniforms. Despite some vocal opposition, by 1997 the colors began to phase into the maroon and silver that continues to be used.

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2021, 07:43 AM
....UH GOOD HISTORY LESSON....THKS......AWK!