PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall Quarterfinal: South Dakota State @ #5 Villanova

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2021, 11:11 PM
These two met in the 2016 playoffs in what was a 10-7 SDSU win but that was at SDSU and this one will be at Villanova. Game kicks off at 2PM ET on Saturday 12/11 and will be streamable on ESPN+.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51728782771_a0100d7d96_z.jpg

putter
December 4th, 2021, 11:13 PM
I have only watched Villanova's game with Holy Cross. Despite being shut out in the second half I think SDSU is too physical for Nova.

ysubigred
December 4th, 2021, 11:15 PM
I have only watched Villanova's game with Holy Cross. Despite being shut out in the second half I think SDSU is too physical for Nova.SDSU by 11

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
December 4th, 2021, 11:15 PM
Villanova by a million

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2021, 11:27 PM
2PM ET kickoff on Saturday 12/11 per Dom Izzo's twitter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 11:33 PM
No Villanova hoops game on Saturday and Army vs Navy is at the Meadowlands this year. Hopefully another good turnout on the Main Line. Philly needs all the positive college football mojo they can get....

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 11:33 PM
Eck is going to have his own personal reckoning like Roehl had after the Marker game for the Bunnies to make it much further. They may still be able to sneak by Villanova but they won't go any further if he keeps getting cute like tonight.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 11:39 PM
I have only watched Villanova's game with Holy Cross. Despite being shut out in the second half I think SDSU is too physical for Nova.
You’ll change your mind when you see the brilliant SDSU play calling of not running the damn ball on 1st and 2nd down.

acbearkat
December 4th, 2021, 11:48 PM
You’ll change your mind when you see the brilliant SDSU play calling of not running the damn ball on 1st and 2nd down.

[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
December 5th, 2021, 12:06 AM
Welcome Jackrabbits to the Main Line!! I was at the 10-7 loss in 2016 & plan on being there next Saturday. Safe travels to all making the trip.

True Nova football fans know this is a tall task for the ‘Cats, but if they play their “A” game it should be competitive. xpeacex

Pards Rule
December 5th, 2021, 06:20 AM
Welcome Jackrabbits to the Main Line!! I was at the 10-7 loss in 2016 & plan on being there next Saturday. Safe travels to all making the trip.

True Nova football fans know this is a tall task for the ‘Cats, but if they play their “A” game it should be competitive. xpeacex

Good luck to the Cats! Cats vs Jacks! Wow that previous playoff was 5 years ago this month!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2021, 06:53 AM

This here.

Run Davis/Strong until the defense stops it.....period!!

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2021, 06:56 AM

bye week helps

home game helps

It looked like South Dakota State took a physical beating in the second half of their game last night, a few players were down on turf for a bit, the MVFC grinder and playing all the games this spring might be starting too add up

Find Smith and yank those Dollar Store ear rings out, keep the physical play on em for 4 quarters and Nova has a shot to win this game

oh, send memo to OC about Hayak

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2021, 09:11 AM
bye week helps

home game helps

It looked like South Dakota State took a physical beating in the second half of their game last night, a few players were down on turf for a bit, the MVFC grinder and playing all the games this spring might be starting too add up

Find Smith and yank those Dollar Store ear rings out, keep the physical play on em for 4 quarters and Nova has a shot to win this game

oh, send memo to OC about Hayak
It will be SDSU's 24th game in the past 10 months when this one kicks off.

letsgonova00
December 5th, 2021, 10:11 AM

That's a bonkers stat. I know they are 19-22 year olds, but that takes a toll on anyone.

Nova09
December 5th, 2021, 10:27 AM
Talley's Revenge!

Jacks sent him packing for good after his first trip to the Rushmore state was his last loss ever. Ferrante will look to avenge his mentor as the Jacks come to the mainline for their first time (not gonna bother looking if they've come to the city or brotherly love or elsewhere in this keystone state).

For a little bit of our history I see in these jacks: 2008 we had to go on the road for the quarters specifically because we lost a game on a hail mary. Being on the road proved costly as we lost our lead and the game on the final drive. Now our crowd is no bridgeforh, but hopefully the comforts of home give us the extra something we need to pull out a close one.

I'm not making a prediction bc both of these teams have shown a knack for inconsistency, so who knows not only who shows up but who crashes and burns from one drive to the next. I will say my analysis is sdsu is slightly better overall team, and slightly more consistent. So that would indicate edge to them, but I do like (as a fan, not necessarily for our sake) the strength on strength Jacks run vs nova d.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2021, 10:27 AM

Yep, I think it’s starting to catch up with them, maybe Sammy as well.

South Dakota State started game really strong obviously but seemed to wear down in second half

Daytripper
December 5th, 2021, 10:37 AM
Yep, I think it’s starting to catch up with them, maybe Sammy as well.

South Dakota State started game really strong obviously but seemed to wear down in second half

This is where playing a "weaker" schedule may help us. Also, we had two bye weeks. Still a lot of punishment in a calendar year.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2021, 10:40 AM
This is where playing a "weaker" schedule may help us. Also, we had two bye weeks. Still a lot of punishment in a calendar year.

I kept asking myself yesterday as Schmid was taking a beating..... why are they relying on him to run ball so much, he is tough but might not get up eventually

MR. CHICKEN
December 5th, 2021, 12:05 PM
...AS STATED ABOVE.....SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE...IS LOSIN' STEAM.....AH'M GUESSIN' IT''LL BE DUH FREQUENT FLYER MILES......IT'S WHAA GOT MAINE...COUPLE YEARS AGO......'NOVA BYE DID 'EM NO FAVORS...AGIN'....HOLY COW.....'CEPT FO' R/R.........DEY'RE BACK TA GAME SPEED NOW..........NOT 'NUFF CARROTS....IN WABBITS...BAG O' TRIX....xsmhx.....BRAWK!

Chalupa Batman
December 5th, 2021, 03:06 PM
This game looks like the ultimate wild card. As we saw last night SDSU can be incredibly inconsistent and we don't know which team is going to show up, even within a game. I haven't watched Villanova other than the Holy Cross game but I hear Daniel Smith can be very streaky which makes the Wildcats inconsistent as well. Could be a blowout either way, a well played classic, or a sloppy game that ends up being close.

MavRabbitMatt
December 5th, 2021, 04:40 PM
It's going to be hard to watch, in part because of the low camera angle at Villanova's stadium. The HC/Villanova game was impossible to follow since it was like the camera was one guy standing on another's shoulders high. Ugh.

SoDakSA
December 5th, 2021, 06:36 PM
These two met in the 2016 playoffs in what was a 10-7 SDSU win but that was at SDSU and this one will be at Villanova. Game kicks off at 2PM ET on Saturday 12/11 and will be streamable on ESPN+.

I'll also add a team stats breakdown when they're updated tomorrow.

I think SDSU will play much better at Villanova. As I said in the Sac State thread, SDSU just does not play well at home in big games against good teams. Unless that team is NDSU.

katss07
December 6th, 2021, 01:42 AM
a potential matchup with Villanova freaks me out much more than a game against SDSU, so go big go blue go jacks!

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2021, 09:29 AM
The NCAA teams stats site finally got updated so I put the team stats comparison in the first post.

Also, SDSU opens as a 7.5 point favorite with an O/U of 51 on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php).

Christiank22
December 6th, 2021, 09:45 AM
a potential matchup with Villanova freaks me out much more than a game against SDSU, so go big go blue go jacks!

This is definitely a troll post, no one would rather play SDSU over Villanova, especially a team that almost lost to Incarnate Word.

crusader11
December 6th, 2021, 09:48 AM
Hard not to like South Dakota St in this one.

Daytripper
December 6th, 2021, 09:49 AM
This is definitely a troll post, no one would rather play SDSU over Villanova, especially a team that almost lost to Incarnate Word.

He posted that at 1:42 am. Use that information in your evaluation.

BNATION
December 6th, 2021, 10:02 AM

Been there, I think these two teams are closer in comparison than some are giving NOVA credit for. I watched their game with JMU, these kids can definitely play with SDSU who has been a little inconsistent.

Gangtackle11
December 6th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Been there, I think these two teams are closer in comparison than some are giving NOVA credit for. I watched their game with JMU, these kids can definitely play with SDSU who has been a little inconsistent.

It all comes down to the Nova QB play. The defense has played well against all comers sans Penn State & even the Nittany Lions couldn't run the ball. I believe its also the last time any team scored a passing TD on Nova defense.

Now if you tell me that Nova can’t move the ball & our passing game is non-existent than eventually the defense will wear down & the Jacks will roll. Tbh, I can see it either way.

I’m hoping the 2019 version of Dan Smith is in the stadium on Saturday. That would make for a really entertaining game.

See you there! xpeacex

Christiank22
December 6th, 2021, 10:29 AM

Fair point hahaha

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2021, 12:25 PM
I have a gut feeling that SDSU is going to put up a clunker this week. 2nd straight road game... seems like they're getting dinged up. Nova is pretty good at bottling up the run. Seems like both QBs are hit or miss so might come down do which one is on (or which one is less off).

I do know which team/QB is better at executing the 4th down hail mary heave out of bounds to run the clock out... ;)

katss07
December 6th, 2021, 12:41 PM
It's 2021, not everyone operates on the same schedule.

katss07
December 6th, 2021, 12:44 PM
Chris Oladokun looked average in both of SDSU's playoff games. I know Daniel Smith isn't average. Would rather take my chances with a run first team. At least I know we have a chance to stop that.

Different opinion=trolling

Chalupa Batman
December 6th, 2021, 01:23 PM
I have a gut feeling that SDSU is going to put up a clunker this week. 2nd straight road game... seems like they're getting dinged up. Nova is pretty good at bottling up the run. Seems like both QBs are hit or miss so might come down do which one is on (or which one is less off).

I do know which team/QB is better at executing the 4th down hail mary heave out of bounds to run the clock out... ;)

You could very well be right about another SDSU clunker. At some point the extra game and the travel is going to catch up with them but I think they are just too talented for Villanova and they'll sneak by this week.

Looking at the numbers I think Nova's run defensive statistics are pretty inflated. They opened the season against Patriot League foes Lehigh & Bucknell, who rank #124 & 125 respecitively (out of 128) nationally in rushing offense. The Wildcats held those 2 teams to a combined 9 rushing yards. They've played 4 teams ranked in the top 50 nationally in rushing offense in Wiliam & Mary, Holy Cross, Stony Brook, & JMU. In games not against Villanova those 4 averaged 188.7 rushing yards per game, against the Wildcats they were "held" to 172.5 rushing yards per game. And while they did do a good job against B1G Penn State, the Nittany Lions were ranked #118 out of 130 FBS teams in rushing yards so they're not really a run first team anyway.

SDSU is the highest ranked rushing offense Villanova will face yet this year and I expect they will have success on the ground. Villanova's only hope in containing the run IMO is that coach Eck gets too cute with the play calling like in the 2nd half against Sac State and decides to start throwing the ball all over the place.

NY Crusader 2010
December 6th, 2021, 03:13 PM
No Villanova hoops game on Saturday and Army vs Navy is at the Meadowlands this year. Hopefully another good turnout on the Main Line. Philly needs all the positive college football mojo they can get....

Student turnout for Villanova was beyond awesome last Friday night. Wildcats can use all the help they can get from the 12th man next week. I think it's a close game if Villanova is able to open up the offense with some throws downfield. Smith was not hitting his spots against Holy Cross. To be fair, he was pressured all night despite the fact that we only ended up with 1 or 2 sacks. South Dakota State is going to score, one way or another, so IMO the onus is on the Villanova offense.

I see this as a close game next week. Decided within 8 points.

NY Crusader 2010
December 6th, 2021, 03:16 PM
I think SDSU will play much better at Villanova. As I said in the Sac State thread, SDSU just does not play well at home in big games against good teams. Unless that team is NDSU.

You guys played pretty well in Frisco last year, especially given that your star frosh QB was knocked out in the 1st half.

POD Knows
December 6th, 2021, 03:41 PM
This game isn’t going to be close. SDSU wins by a lot.

POD Knows
December 6th, 2021, 03:43 PM
Oh and just to add. Villanova is a seed and at HOME and lowly SDSU is favored. WTF does that tell you.

SU DOG
December 6th, 2021, 04:06 PM
Sleep on Oladokun at your own risk. This guy can elevate his game when it's needed the most.

FUBeAR
December 6th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Oh and just to add. Villanova is a seed and at HOME and lowly SDSU is favored. WTF does that tell you.
It tells FUBeAR that the FCS Playoff Structure & FCS Playoff Committee’s Selection/Seeding/Bracketing processes are complete BS.

Exactly the same thing FUBeAR has been saying for weeks, but all these MVFC Fans & Big Sky Fans keep disagreeing with him. Reckon why that would be?

Daytripper
December 6th, 2021, 04:45 PM
It tells FUBeAR that the FCS Playoff Structure & FCS Playoff Committee’s Selection/Seeding/Bracketing processes are complete BS.

Exactly the same thing FUBeAR has been saying for weeks, but all these MVFC Fans & Big Sky Fans keep disagreeing with him. Reckon why that would be?

Well, it also means that wins and losses matter. Sorry that the Jackrabbits play in the MVFC, but a 3 (fcs) loss team is not getting a seed.

SoDakSA
December 6th, 2021, 05:55 PM
You guys played pretty well in Frisco last year, especially given that your star frosh QB was knocked out in the 1st half.

Exactly..road game

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2021, 06:47 PM

Does that mean that the poll that you vote in is complete BS too since it had Nova in the exact same spot as the committee?

Well, it also means that wins and losses matter. Sorry that the Jackrabbits play in the MVFC, but a 3 (fcs) loss team is not getting a seed.
A 3 loss SDSU got a seed in 2016 and a 4 loss SDSU got a seed in 2019. It was just a tougher task to get into the top 8 this year. Dare I say SDSU wasn't even the biggest snub amongst the unseeded, I'd say EWU takes that honor.

FUBeAR
December 6th, 2021, 06:50 PM
Does that mean that the poll that you vote in is complete BS too since it had Nova in the exact same spot as the committee?
No longer a voter. “Retired” after 2019 Season.

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2021, 06:59 PM
A 3 loss SDSU got a seed in 2016 and a 4 loss SDSU got a seed in 2019. It was just a tougher task to get into the top 8 this year. Dare I say SDSU wasn't even the biggest snub amongst the unseeded, I'd say EWU takes that honor.
I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but it pretty much comes down to the Big Sky, as far as seeds go right now.

If the BSC has more than 2 or 3 decent teams, and they all don't play each other, the Big Sky is probably gonna get at least 2-3 seeds on the regular (fairly or unfairly).

For example, UC Davis was probably the single most overrated team in FCS this year, and if not for them having to play EWU, they likely would've also gotten a (completely undeserved) seed at 9-2.

If the Big Sky top teams all play each other, it's likely they only get one or two seeds, making it a lot more likely a 3-loss team gets a seed from another conference (but even then, who knows).

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2021, 07:22 PM
You could very well be right about another SDSU clunker. At some point the extra game and the travel is going to catch up with them but I think they are just too talented for Villanova and they'll sneak by this week.

Looking at the numbers I think Nova's run defensive statistics are pretty inflated. They opened the season against Patriot League foes Lehigh & Bucknell, who rank #124 & 125 respecitively (out of 128) nationally in rushing offense. The Wildcats held those 2 teams to a combined 9 rushing yards. They've played 4 teams ranked in the top 50 nationally in rushing offense in Wiliam & Mary, Holy Cross, Stony Brook, & JMU. In games not against Villanova those 4 averaged 188.7 rushing yards per game, against the Wildcats they were "held" to 172.5 rushing yards per game. And while they did do a good job against B1G Penn State, the Nittany Lions were ranked #118 out of 130 FBS teams in rushing yards so they're not really a run first team anyway.

SDSU is the highest ranked rushing offense Villanova will face yet this year and I expect they will have success on the ground. Villanova's only hope in containing the run IMO is that coach Eck gets too cute with the play calling like in the 2nd half against Sac State and decides to start throwing the ball all over the place.

did you ever consider by “throwing the ball over the place” they might of been trying to keep the RBs fresh?

After all S Dak Dt will Live and Let Die with the RBs so the fresher the better

smilo
December 6th, 2021, 09:13 PM
South Dakota State is an obvious top 3 team in the FCS, and I expect them to win by about 11, but I retain hope on the cross-country travel argument.

Villanova's offense just looks absolutely hopeless right now. The inexplicable wildcat plays in the Delaware game. The low percentage passes on first down from a QB who has had erratic accuracy this season in the Holy Cross game. And when you have no passing game and then try running on 2nd down, the halfbacks really can't get more than a couple yards.

Fortunately as others noted, the Jackrabbits had a bit of the same problem in the Sac State game. Lot of streakiness here. Daniel Smith has shown incredible ability to make in-game adjustments this season, but I don't think adjustments will be enough to come back against this team. He needs to play his A-game all four quarters. And the play-calling needs to take a major step forward.

Chalupa Batman
December 7th, 2021, 05:55 AM
did you ever consider by “throwing the ball over the place” they might of been trying to keep the RBs fresh?

After all S Dak Dt will Live and Let Die with the RBs so the fresher the better

That would be a new one, all I've heard for years and years is that you keep running the ball to wear out the other team. I can maybe see this strategy if they still only had Pierre Strong, but with Isaiah Davis back (and fresh) that would be a very ineresting decision.

IMO the Jacks' best way to navigate the bracket and make it to Frisco, is to control the clock as much as possible to keep the defense as fresh as possible. Even if they don't gain any extra first downs, running the ball instead of passing on 1st & 2nd downs gets them a couple extra minutes TOP on top of the 32:16 that they had. That's around at least 8 extra plays that the defense isn't on the field. And if they gain a first down or three because it's 3rd & 5 instead of 3rd & 10 they could've easily gotten the TOP up to 37-38 minutes.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2021, 06:23 AM
That would be a new one, all I've heard for years and years is that you keep running the ball to wear out the other team. I can maybe see this strategy if they still only had Pierre Strong, but with Isaiah Davis back (and fresh) that would be a very ineresting decision.

IMO the Jacks' best way to navigate the bracket and make it to Frisco, is to control the clock as much as possible to keep the defense as fresh as possible. Even if they don't gain any extra first downs, running the ball instead of passing on 1st & 2nd downs gets them a couple extra minutes TOP on top of the 32:16 that they had. That's around at least 8 extra plays that the defense isn't on the field. And if they gain a first down or three because it's 3rd & 5 instead of 3rd & 10 they could've easily gotten the TOP up to 37-38 minutes.

Just win baby

I've seen RB's get worn down as the season progresses, these players are taking a lot of hits on the legs, ankles and what not all year and it adds up especially for run heavy teams and compounded by the 24 games S Dak State has played this year

Now having said that, S Dak St being a team with 2 great RB's is not the best example but If you live by the run conserve those carries when you can for the next game

just a thought

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2021, 07:10 AM
Villanova has a excellent opportunity to pull a big upset for a few reasons

Let me say this, South Dakota State is the better team, however....

They have played 24 games this year, that is unprecedented ( I think all the xtra games might be wearing on Sammy some too)

They did not get a seed so they had no bye week like Nova did

while Nova was making sure the car doors were locked on the week off, South Dakota State had to play UC Davis and beat the overrated Aggies very soundly ... one extra game for them not gonna help this Saturday

Saturday night, they were on the Left Coast matched up against the 4 seed Sacramento State.... http://www.gohens.net/boards/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif They started that game like a fined tuned machine opening up a big lead, but that game turned around late in second quarter and the Rabbits really looked fatigued in the second half, but they did hold on for the win. They had several players down for extended periods of time.

Now, the have to travel to the East Coast and play on the road again, that's a lot of travel

The Nova Quarterback, Dime Store Daniel Smith is in a funk right now, not the player he was in 2019 but if he can find his mojo again Nova is going to be a threat to beat S Dak State. Why did I call him Dime Store? because of the cheap dangly ear rings he was sporting in the Holy Cross game http://www.gohens.net/boards/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif Just get some pearls Danny... (Go Braves)

Nova plays the run well and it will be interesting to see how they do against the best 1 2 punch in all of FCS as Davis and Strong are outstanding.

I will be shocked if this is not a very good football game and wouldn't be surprised to see Nova pull it off

Houndawg
December 7th, 2021, 07:19 AM
Villanova has a excellent opportunity to pull a big upset for a few reasons

Let me say this, South Dakota State is the better team, however....

They have played 24 games this year, that is unprecedented ( I think all the xtra games might be wearing on Sammy some too)

They did not get a seed so they had no bye week like Nova did

while Nova was making sure the car doors were locked on the week off, South Dakota State had to play UC Davis and beat the overrated Aggies very soundly ... one extra game for them not gonna help this Saturday

Saturday night, they were on the Left Coast matched up against the 4 seed Sacramento State.... http://www.gohens.net/boards/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif They started that game like a fined tuned machine opening up a big lead, but that game turned around late in second quarter and the Rabbits really looked fatigued in the second half, but they did hold on for the win. They had several players down for extended periods of time.

Now, the have to travel to the East Coast and play on the road again, that's a lot of travel

The Nova Quarterback, Dime Store Daniel Smith is in a funk right now, not the player he was in 2019 but if he can find his mojo again Nova is going to be a threat to beat S Dak State. Why did I call him Dime Store? because of the cheap dangly ear rings he was sporting in the Holy Cross game http://www.gohens.net/boards/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif Just get some pearls Danny... (Go Braves)

Nova plays the run well and it will be interesting to see how they do against the best 1 2 punch in all of FCS as Davis and Strong are outstanding.

I will be shocked if this is not a very good football game and wouldn't be surprised to see Nova pull it off

At this point in the season a bye week has to worth a TD to the oddsmakers

VUCats02
December 8th, 2021, 09:44 AM
The best thing Nova has going for them on offense is that Covington looks 100%, and he missed 50% of the season, so he is coming into this game as healthy as anyone left in the playoffs.

semobison
December 8th, 2021, 09:58 AM
Voted for the Jacks because I think they are the better team but won’t be surprised if Nova takes them down. Bunnies found ways to lose games they should have won this year!

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2021, 10:17 AM
Stigs play calling could be the biggest factor, if the Bunnies lose. They have some great players, just need to lead them to the promised land better.

VUCats02
December 8th, 2021, 11:30 AM
Villanova is a full touchdown, 7 pt underdog, per the opening posted spreads. Weather looks really warm for Saturday (66 degrees at kickoff) with some rain.

As someone who was all over Holy Cross +13.5, I would definitely lean the other way with taking all of those points with Nova in this one.

Chalupa Batman
December 8th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Voted for the Jacks because I think they are the better team but won’t be surprised if Nova takes them down. Bunnies found ways to lose games they should have won this year!

Stigs play calling could be the biggest factor, if the Bunnies lose. They have some great players, just need to lead them to the promised land better.

Yeah I think the Jacks win too, but at some point all these weeks in a row without a break is going to catch up to them and it could come this week. Their bye was way back in week 3 (Sep. 18) and have been playing nonstop then. I guess the good part of having so many injuries is a lot of their better players are actually still pretty fresh.

Mfergy4
December 8th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Yeah I think the Jacks win too, but at some point all these weeks in a row without a break is going to catch up to them and it could come this week. Their bye was way back in week 3 (Sep. 18) and have been playing nonstop then. I guess the good part of having so many injuries is a lot of their better players are actually still pretty fresh.

Like the Bison when they lost to JMU at home....long hard season, early bye week lead to a beat up tired team in the Semi's..

Chalupa Batman
December 8th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Like the Bison when they lost to JMU at home....long hard season, early bye week lead to a beat up tired team in the Semi's..

Yeah good call. I haven't been impressed with Villanova and they are probably the only seed left that makes me still pick SDSU.

Mfergy4
December 8th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Yeah good call. I haven't been impressed with Villanova and they are probably the only seed left that makes me still pick SDSU.

Going with SDSU for the win but after last week's second half sputters I hope they have enough in the tank to win this one.

Chalupa Batman
December 8th, 2021, 05:03 PM

I would also favor SDSU over ETSU this week

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2021, 06:22 PM
iMHO whether this is a competitive game or not lies on Nova QB play.

Our passing game has completed less than 50% of attempts in 4 of last 5 games. 68 for 130 overall (52%), 8 Tds/8 ints.

2021 season: 167-306-2206 yds. 54.5% (22 TDs/9 ints) - 7 rushing TDs - 228 yds. rushing

2019 season: 222-367-3069 yds. 60.4% (32 TDs/10 ints) 12 rushing TDs - 457 yds. rushing

2019 Dan Smith in the house on Saturday its game on. 2021 Dan not so much. See ya in the tailgate lot! xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2021, 06:35 PM
iMHO whether this is a competitive game or not lies on Nova QB play.

Our passing game has completed less than 50% of attempts in 4 of last 5 games. 68 for 130 overall (52%), 8 Tds/8 ints.

2021 season: 167-306-2206 (tel:167-306-2206) yds. 54.5% (22 TDs/9 ints) - 7 rushing TDs - 228 yds. rushing

2019 season: 222-367-3069 (tel:222-367-3069) yds. 60.4% (32 TDs/10 ints) 12 rushing TDs - 457 yds. rushing

2019 Dan Smith in the house on Saturday its game on. 2021 Dan not so much. See ya in the tailgate lot! xpeacex

Dime store Danny looks better when Hayak involved in the offense

Im not offended in any way by earrings just not a fan of them hanging down 2 inches 😂

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2021, 06:37 PM
Dime store Danny looks better when Hayak involved in the offense

Im not offended in any way by earrings just not a fan of them hanging down 2 inches 

Dan appears to travel to the beat of his own drum for sure. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
December 9th, 2021, 02:41 PM
Temps will be unseasonably warm
in the 60s. Good chance of rain, but may start after game. xpeacex

Nova09
December 11th, 2021, 08:22 AM
Gameday! As gang tackle said forecast still calls for low 60s and rain probably holding off until after game. Beautiful day for football!

Gangtackle11
December 11th, 2021, 08:35 AM
Good luck to the Jackrabbits and fans. Heartened some by JMU score last night, but certainly have respect for the team coming here today. Tough task for Cats here. Need to show they can control the LOS and be plus on turnovers. Could get curb stomped if not.

Go Cats! xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
December 11th, 2021, 08:37 AM
......WIND WARNINGS FROM 1 PM....GUSTS TA 45 MPH.....PER ACTION NEWS...DIS AM......AS MIDWEST STORMS APPROACH......AWK!

Nova09
December 11th, 2021, 08:40 AM
......WIND WARNINGS FROM 1 PM....GUSTS TA 45 MPH.....PER ACTION NEWS...DIS AM......AS MIDWEST STORMS APPROACH......AWK!

Meant to mention the wind in my post...mostly 10-20 throughout game. Not nothing but not sustained enough to take away throwing game. As Mr chicken notes it could gust over 40, but like the rain mostly getting worse later in evening.

Catbooster
December 11th, 2021, 12:26 PM
Go Jacks. We need you to win so if we pull off the upset MSU can host another game.

Here's to no more injuries in the playoffs. xbeerchugx

acbearkat
December 11th, 2021, 12:27 PM
Go Jacks. We need you to win so if we pull off the upset MSU can host another game.

Here's to no more injuries in the playoffs. xbeerchugx

The Bobcats are losing tonight, sorry.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 12:29 PM

I have a friend who lives in Center City. Given the increased velocity the big buildings cause there's some legit concern there will be damage to windows and cars....

The Midwest/Midsouth got crushed last night xembarrassedx

KPSUL
December 11th, 2021, 12:54 PM

Hold on, let me check my Magic 8 Ball: "Reply Hazy, Try Again Later"

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 01:11 PM
SDSU got the ball first eventually punted and pinned Nova at their own 1....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 01:18 PM
SDSU converts on 4th and short then busts about a 30 yard TD run....

Pards Rule
December 11th, 2021, 01:21 PM
I have a friend who lives in Center City. Given the increased velocity the big buildings cause there's some legit concern there will be damage to windows and cars....

The Midwest/Midsouth got crushed last night xembarrassedx

Yes! LBI is getting the wind now

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 01:29 PM
'Nova responds! TD Cats!

7-7 2:20 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 01:42 PM
SDSU clearly trying to lean on 'Nova. They've had the ball the entire first half it seems...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 01:47 PM
TD Jacks! That was an impressive drive. Converted a huge 3rd and 14 around mid-field with a draw play.

SDSU 14-7 8:09 2Q

'Nova needs a couple of first downs. Their defense has been on the field way too long....

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Strong is out, though. That's a concern. But of O-line controls things like that, Davis and Johnson will run wild anyway.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 01:55 PM
Big review coming up on a long pass play for 'Nova. I think it will be tough to overturn but it's close....

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 01:58 PM
Phantom PI.

JacksFan40
December 11th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Phantom PI.
No idea what the hell that ref saw. All Gardener did was touch his arm, never even grabbed him.

JacksFan40
December 11th, 2021, 02:02 PM
Two awful PI calls give Nova an easy TD drive. These refs suck.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Cats answer back! This is going to be a good one!

14-14 4:18 2Q

Sycamore62
This camera angle is awful. The only way it could be worse is to be standing behind the players on the sideline

VUCats02
Beautiful drive there to get that D the much needed rest it needed!! They probably were sidelined there for 25 mins in real time with the review and commercials.

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Jacks should take a couple of shots since touchy PIs are on special today.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 02:06 PM
Nova got a phantom holding call on their last drive on a 25 yard run. Agree last PI was a terrible call but it has gone both ways so far.

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 02:07 PM
Nova got a phantom holding call on their last drive on a 25 yard run. Agree last PI was a terrible call but it has gone both ways so far.

Yeah, that hold looked bad, but Nova receiver had let go.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Nova will get the ball back before half. They also get the second half kickoff.....

JacksFan40
December 11th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Chris Oladokun couldn’t hit a deep ball if his life depended on it.

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 02:14 PM
SDSU's pass defense is a disaster. Call a time out then don't cover anyone.

JacksFan40
God our secondary sucks. They just keep getting absolutely burnt.

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD 'Cats on a long TD pass! Smith is having great success against this SDSU secondary. Holy Cross D was legit this year....

21-14 'Nova 0:44 2Q

VUCats02
Got the GOOD DAN SMITH today!!! You never know which one you’ll get!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 02:15 PM
Got the GOOD DAN SMITH today!!! You never know which one you’ll get!

I think he played a better defense last week....

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 02:16 PM
Both teams are selling out to stop the run, so whoever can have the better deep passing attack in the 2nd half is going to win the game.

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 02:16 PM
Announcers still haven't noticed that Pierre Strong is out. He's in street clothes on the sideline.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 02:17 PM
It’s also quite possible the wind is helping his throws because I’ve seen on non windy days him overthrow guys consistently by 5+ yards. He’s such a whacky QB.

Gangtackle11
December 11th, 2021, 02:17 PM
Here at the game. Entertaining game so far. Looks like Nova has a good chance against this secondary. Smith looking like to the 2019 version so far. Go Cats! xpeacex

Bison56
December 11th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Why is the camera so low?

JacksFan40
December 11th, 2021, 02:20 PM
Wasted 30 seconds to get 13 yards. Great clock management and play calling.

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 02:20 PM
It’s also quite possible the wind is helping his throws because I’ve seen on non windy days him overthrow guys consistently by 5+ yards. He’s such a whacky QB.

He's playing very well. No pressure and defensive confusion from the Jacks, too.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2021, 02:21 PM
Why is the camera so low?
It’s awful

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 02:22 PM
'Nova intercepts the hail mary to end the half. 'Cats ball to start the second 30 minutes...

'Nova 21-14 Half

JacksFan40
December 11th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Jaxon Janke had positioning to get that ball and proceeds to not even look for it. This team has zero mental toughness.

Christiank22
December 11th, 2021, 02:29 PM
If SDSU doesn’t score at the start of the 3rd I think Nova is taking home the W. I don’t see SDSU having the heart the battle back. You love to see it

Nova09
December 11th, 2021, 02:31 PM
If SDSU doesn’t score at the start of the 3rd I think Nova is taking home the W. I don’t see SDSU having the heart the battle back. You love to see it

Nova gets ball, so of sdsu doesn't score they could be down 2 scores giving us ball with chance to go up 3.

But HEY NOW!!! Don't discount our coaches' abilities to do the worst things possible with a lead!!

Christiank22
December 11th, 2021, 02:33 PM
Nova gets ball, so of sdsu doesn't score they could be down 2 scores giving us ball with chance to go up 3.

But HEY NOW!!! Don't discount our coaches' abilities to do the worst things possible with a lead!!

That’s even better!

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 02:35 PM

Wait... that's OUR coaches' thing.

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2021, 02:37 PM
TD 'Cats on a long TD pass! Smith is having great success against this SDSU secondary. Holy Cross D was legit this year....

21-14 'Nova 0:44 2Q

Hayak is a beast

Nova09
December 11th, 2021, 02:37 PM
I think this game will probably hinge on a 3rd q turnover or unfortunate stalled drive (quick 3 and out or penalty killing offense).

Other than those things, I think both offenses just control the ball and run clock

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Commentator asks Stig how they'll use Strong. Um... Strong is out, dude.

I don't know how you don't notice he hasn't been in the game since the first drive...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 02:46 PM
Whew, 'Nova had another TD if Smith doesn't feel that pressure. As it is, SDSU forces a 3 and out...

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 02:46 PM
So you have all the momentum in the world and you come out and the very first thing you do is false start that causes a 3 and out. Villanova football ladies and gentlemen.

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 02:47 PM
So you have all the momentum in the world and you come out and the very first thing you do is false start that causes a 3 and out. Villanova football ladies and gentlemen.

These teams really are similar.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 02:52 PM
SDSU on the march...Inside the 'Cat 10...

Bison56
This guy's voice is making me sleepy.

Daytripper
That's the Davis I remember from Frisco.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 02:54 PM
#22 for SDSU is a beast!

This is a fun game. If you're 'Nova you know you can throw the ball but you can't afford quick positions cause SDSU knows they can run the ball....

Bison56
December 11th, 2021, 02:56 PM
#22 for SDSU is a beast!

This is a fun game. If you're 'Nova you know you can throw the ball but you can't afford quick positions cause SDSU knows they can run the ball....

They may know they can run but that doesn't mean they will.

Nova09
December 11th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Strong Sela vibes. Halftime lead, ball, kinda in control of game, stupidity, oh look it's a ballgame! Gonna be back and forth now!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 02:58 PM
They may know they can run but that doesn't mean they will.

I was even going to say that neither team can do either flawlessly given mistakes. I think 'Nova needs to get Covington the ball more. He and Smith can be a dangerous combo.

Really good chess match potential. Weather is moving up from the south. Might get there near the end of the game...

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 03:02 PM
at this point Nova should be using play action pass on 80% of their plays. The 1 yard run up the middle on first down when the D is all out stopping the run continues to make me question all of these coaching decisions. Terrible terrible play calling!!

semobison
December 11th, 2021, 03:04 PM
#22 for SDSU is a beast!

I laughed at the ESPN promo that claimed Pierre Strong as the best RB in FCS. Hell, he is probably the 2nd best on his team. Isiah Davis was hurt much of the year. He almost single handidly won the Natty against Sammy last spring!

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 03:04 PM
at this point Nova should be using play action pass on 80% of their plays. The 1 yard run up the middle on first down when the D is all out stopping the run continues to make me question all of these coaching decisions. Terrible terrible play calling!!

Honestly, are you a Jackrabbit fan incognito? Our fans were questioning the coaches' bizarre play calls over and over and over last week.

JacksFan40
December 11th, 2021, 03:05 PM
No reason to touch that damn ball Jaxon. Absolute idiotic move and could cost SDSU the game if Nova gets it.

Illegal touch by kicking team, but still just leave the ball alone.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 03:08 PM
No reason to touch that damn ball Jaxon. Absolute idiotic move and could cost SDSU the game if Nova gets it.

I thought it was actually a pretty smart play. He knew Nova touched it so that gives you a free return even if you fumble. The worst thing that happens is you get the ball where you pick it up. The best thing that can happen is you can gain free yards.

Nova09
December 11th, 2021, 03:08 PM

If he was 100% POSITIVE from his vantage point it was touched, smart play. Could catch the coverage team off guard. But yeah, if there was any doubt nova touched it, that could have been the game changing play

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 03:09 PM
SDSU really ended up with great field position. 'Nova had the ball near midfield after the long pass....

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Honestly, are you a Jackrabbit fan incognito? Our fans were questioning the coaches' bizarre play calls over and over and over last week.

I love this team but I have more and more headaches watching them and it’s very bad for my health.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Nova D should not be celebrating after giving up 6 yards on a 3rd and 7 bc they are clearly not going to get a stop on 4th and 1 against this O line!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 03:12 PM
SDSU hits their big pass play! TD!

JacksFan40
December 11th, 2021, 03:12 PM
SDSU is a team of halves, play great in one and play like ass in the other. Hopefully they keep playing like this.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 03:13 PM
Nova getting out coached in every aspect of the game. Down by 7 feels like being down by 21 right now!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Nova D should not be celebrating after giving up 6 yards on a 3rd and 7 bc they are clearly not going to get a stop on 4th and 1 against this O line!

I thought the same thing! When they all put up the "fist" to signal 4th down I was like, they got you right where they want you...lol

Daytripper
Nova is letting this thing slip away.

Chalupa Batman
December 11th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Love the aggressiveness from Stig on the 4th down calls. Nova needs a sustained drive here bad.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Wow! Smith with a physical run!

Bison56
December 11th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Lol

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 03:17 PM
another brutal penalty for 'Nova...

Daytripper
December 11th, 2021, 03:17 PM
Damn. That Coyote defender just got blown up by a QB.

Nova09
December 11th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Stats of game (unofficial just how I remember them):

4th down: sdsu 2/2 nova 0/0
3rd and 10+: sdsu 2/2 nova 0/x

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 03:19 PM
'Nova opts to run the hook and ladder instead of letting the 3rd quarter run out. probably shouldn't have done that....

Chalupa Batman
December 11th, 2021, 03:20 PM

That’s worse than calling them San Diego State. [emoji23]

acbearkat
December 11th, 2021, 03:21 PM

The quarterback should have been called for targeting.

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Ismail appears to be about 8 feet tall.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2021, 03:24 PM
Get what you can here. This is four down territory. They can't stop the Coyotes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Wow, need to come up with that catch...

acbearkat
Get what you can here. This is four down territory. They can't stop the Coyotes.

You realize it’s South Dakota State, correct?

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 03:26 PM
You realize it’s South Dakota State, correct?

I think he's messing with us. If he's not, that's how you mess with us.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 03:26 PM
SDSU gets the stop! A soul crushing drive could be up next....

Daytripper
December 11th, 2021, 03:27 PM
You need 4 yards. Throw a catchable 6 yard pass. Geez.

- - - Updated - - -

SDSU gets the stop! A soul crushing drive could be up next....

Yep. They are getting ready to put this on ice.

Chalupa Batman
December 11th, 2021, 03:29 PM
You need 4 yards. Throw a catchable 6 yard pass. Geez.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. They are getting ready to put this on ice.

Lumberjacks gonna get a 2nd shot at stopping Isaiah Davis.

MavRabbitMatt
Davis and the 605Hogs are dominating this half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
#22 was the best player on the field today. He's the difference....

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 03:30 PM
#22 was the best player on the field today. He's the difference....

He was injured in two of the three losses. The third loss was a win that the coaches decided to lose.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Interesting play calling by SDSU. I would just give the ball to #22....

Chalupa Batman
December 11th, 2021, 03:32 PM
He was injured in two of the three losses. The third loss was a win that the coaches decided to lose.

He missed all 3 losses. UND was his first game back

Daytripper
December 11th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Lumberjacks gonna get a 2nd shot at stopping Isaiah Davis.

Who are these Lumberjacks you speak of??

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 03:34 PM
He missed all 3 losses. UND was his first game back

You're right. Yes. Still, the third loss was a win the coaches decided to lose. I stand by that part.

Go Lehigh TU owl
SDSU wises up and hands the ball to Davis. That will be curtains for the Cats....

35-21

Chalupa Batman
Who are these Lumberjacks you speak of??

They’re playing the Coyotes next week

Daytripper
December 11th, 2021, 03:35 PM
They’re playing the Coyotes next week

It's my understanding that it will be the Bearkats or the Bobcats.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 03:35 PM
Where is Jay Wright when you need him? In all seriousness, definitely impressed with Jackribbits O-line. This Nova D hasn’t looked this bad in a long time.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2021, 03:37 PM
That’s worse than calling them San Diego State. [emoji23]

Ah, just realized what I did... lol.

Chalupa Batman
December 11th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Ah, just realized what I did... lol.

And now you realized what I did.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2021, 03:40 PM
'Nova has had way too many negative 1st down plays....

Daytripper
December 11th, 2021, 03:45 PM
And now you realized what I did.

Yes. Do you want a cookie?

acbearkat
December 11th, 2021, 03:46 PM

[emoji38]

Go Lehigh TU owl
SDSU with an INT to really salt this away. Smith looked "off" after that big hit/near fumble. 'Nova was moving the ball well before that play....

acbearkat
That was a lazy pass.

Bison56
December 11th, 2021, 03:47 PM

What kind of cookies do you have?

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Really doesn’t matter who the RB is, can basically throw anyone with half athleticism back there and they’re going to avg 7 yards a carry.

Nova09
December 11th, 2021, 03:49 PM
As noted, nova first drive of 2nd half killed by penalty, and then turnover ends the game.

There's good Daniel, and bad, 1st half was good, 2nd was bad. A bunch of ppl outside caa/pl thought they would only see bad, if we could have gotten a 2nd half of good we could have won, but we didn't. Congrats jacks, I said previously you were better overall but no one could predict who would bring a better team this day. You did, and you deserve to be in semis.

JayJ79
December 11th, 2021, 03:49 PM
so the rules specifically negate the ineligible player downfield if the quarterback is "throwing the ball away" when outside the pocket?

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 03:50 PM
As noted, nova first drive of 2nd half killed by penalty, and then turnover ends the game.

There's good Daniel, and bad, 1st half was good, 2nd was bad. A bunch of ppl outside caa/pl thought they would only see bad, if we could have gotten a 2nd half of good we could have won, but we didn't. Congrats jacks, I said previously you were better overall but no one could predict who would bring a better team this day. You did, and you deserve to be in semis.

I like guys like Smith. He's a gamer. Jacks' QB last season (and next) Mark Gronowski has that attitude but also size and a ton of physical ability.

Chalupa Batman
December 11th, 2021, 03:51 PM
so the rules specifically negate the ineligible player downfield if the quarterback is "throwing the ball away" when outside the pocket?

Apparently. I've never heard that call before either.

marenlee
December 11th, 2021, 03:52 PM
My wife just sat down with me to watch the game at 0751 local time. She asked me “Why does this look like a high school game?” Haha. Sorry Nova fans but your stadium sucks.

MavRabbitMatt
December 11th, 2021, 03:52 PM
My wife just sat down with me to watch the game at 0751 local time. She asked me “Why does this look like a high school game?” Haha. Sorry Nova fans but your stadium sucks.

The TV angle is terrible.

JayJ79
December 11th, 2021, 04:08 PM
technically, when an untouched punt comes to rest, isn't the play supposed to be blown dead? Or am I misremembering?
obviously in a 14 point game, it would be silly to NOT let the last couple seconds tick off even when the punt has stopped, but I'm just curious as to the actual rules.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2021, 04:13 PM

We take pride in how ****ty everything is. It’s a Philly thing. You should see their on campus basketball facility for a team that has won 2 national championships in the past 5 years….awful all around but there’s just no space anywhere. It’s a beautiful area outside the stadium though!

2002jack
December 11th, 2021, 04:16 PM
I thought it was actually a pretty smart play. He knew Nova touched it so that gives you a free return even if you fumble. The worst thing that happens is you get the ball where you pick it up. The best thing that can happen is you can gain free yards.

This

marenlee
December 11th, 2021, 04:24 PM
We take pride in how ****ty everything is. It’s a Philly thing. You should see their on campus basketball facility for a team that has won 2 national championships in the past 5 years….awful all around but there’s just no space anywhere. It’s a beautiful area outside the stadium though!

Haha. I’ve been there on a business trip. And I’ve seen my fair share of “It’s Always Sunny.”

acbearkat
December 11th, 2021, 04:24 PM
Apparently. I've never heard that call before either.

Neither have I. I’ve been paying more attention to recruiting than football today. Texas just ended up getting a commitment from the nation’s number one offensive tackle today, who by the way is from the Houston area.

DFW HOYA
December 11th, 2021, 04:30 PM

It's old, that's all.

smilo
December 11th, 2021, 04:56 PM
Great game, great season. Hoping this ends with the xDSU final this nation deserves as these are clearly the top 2 teams. Had SDSU stop my poll as long as I could try and rationalize it and unfairly inflated SIU next to them for far too long by dumb luck.

Sorry for the two phantom PIs keeping it as a nail biter longer than necessary but really enjoyable experience.

Very similar teams, Nova and the Rabbits - they're just bigger, better and this a blip more consistent. Well-earned.

Catbooster
December 11th, 2021, 07:23 PM

I guess we'll find out soon.
Congrats SDSU. Hopefully we'll pull off the upset and host you next week.

CHIP72
December 11th, 2021, 08:14 PM

For people who follow Villanova football and have attended games on the Main Line, this is like telling people the Pope is Catholic.

Ironically, on Reddit late last night, there was a question about terrible or overrated college football stadiums, and I identified Villanova Stadium as one of my honorable mentions, saying it looks like a large high school stadium. (My comment primarily focused on Penn State’s Beaver Stadium however.)

CHIP72
December 11th, 2021, 08:15 PM
The TV angle is terrible.

That’s what happens when the stands don’t have enough steepness and there’s a running track around the field.

acbearkat
December 11th, 2021, 09:44 PM
I guess we'll find out soon.
Congrats SDSU. Hopefully we'll pull off the upset and host you next week.

I’m calling it now. Montana State will win. I have no confidence we can come back.

BisonBacker
December 12th, 2021, 09:48 AM

Did you see Sammy"s? Coaches have to use a freaking flashlight to see their play sheets. xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2021, 09:55 AM
Did you see Sammy"s? Coaches have to use a freaking flashlight to see their play sheets. xlolx

That was Ryan Carty who is the next head coach at Delaware

WeAreThePride
December 12th, 2021, 11:56 AM
That's an obscene number of football games in that amount of time.

MR. CHICKEN
December 12th, 2021, 12:46 PM

....CARTY GOES FROM...OUTHOUSE...TA PENTHOUSE.......xlolxxlolxxlolxxnodxxlolxxlolxxlol x.........ON MONDAY........BRAWK!

kdinva
December 12th, 2021, 01:16 PM
You should see their on campus..... but there’s just no space anywhere.....

welcome to Lexington, Va

kdinva
December 12th, 2021, 01:18 PM

FBS lighting?

hoping VMI gets ANY lighting this decade.