PDA

View Full Version : Playoff talk and predictions

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 06:23 AM
Finally, Some really interesting games coming up this weekend

I’ll throw out some predictions, Politically incorrect comments, swag and a lot of drivel ... always dangerous

I really like to watch Southeastern Louisiana and the Air Raid passing game they will bring to James Madison, Cole Kelly is fun to watch but I think it’s all gonna come to an end this Saturday. They just wont be able to keep up with JMU. Not to mention JMU can play some defense, Besides you are more likely to see the Boggy Creek swamp legend than any defense in Southland country. JMU should be rolling it up by the 4th quarter. Streamers will fly, hotty cheerleaders will cry. If SLU can somehow keep it close and win, no tears will be shed for departing Doggie Doos of Harrisonburg. Enjoy the Beef O’ Brady Bowl

Winner JMU

Best game might be Kennesaw State at ETSU. Two teams that were not even playing football when the Hens last went to Frisco. If Kennesaw wins they earn a trip to Fargo because the Bison winning is carved on Mt Rushmore. This one is a tough one to predict but I’m leaning Kennesaw State as the time has come for them to make a statement in playoffs. Don’t blink because speed burner #3 Iaan Cousin might break one. Speed Speed Speed. ETSU will run a stud out there themselves in Quay Holmes who is destined to break a few long ones himself. In the end, Don’t be surprised when the option team wins this game with the passing game. I saw weakness in secondary vs Mercer, but ETSU always finds a way

Winner: AGS because the Owls are going to Fargo and Hooties dreams will become a nightmare

UC Davis was a bad playoff team and rightfully got beat up at South Dakota State. I think S Dak State is going to be in for an actual game this Saturday vs Sacramento State as they are much better than UC Davis. One player to keep an eye on is RB #32 Cameron Skattebo, the Freshman is tough to tackle. Everybody knows how good the Jackrabbits are and it would be a big upset to see the #4 seed knock them off, but stranger things have happened but nothing is stranger than the 2 rotating QBs for the California team nicknamed Faye Dunaway and Scarlett O’Hara

Winner: South Dakota State

Holy Cross at Nova
The scrappy Saders will come to play and I think it could be a similar game to Delaware game against Nova. Holy Cross LB #27 Jacob Dobbs is a good one. Just like the Hens, HC will struggle to score points. I think they will hang around but in the end QB Smith will hook up with WR Hayak and game over just like that. The Holy Cross QB has a winning attitude himself and I just think somehow Holy Cross will stay in game. Nova fans point out their dominance over the Patriot league but almost all those games were against the Patriots worst teams.....anyway
Winner: Villanova Smith to Hayak

Incarnate Ward at Kurt Houston State
It’s really Incarnate Word but after watching their Super talented QB Cameron Ward they should just change the name of the school. Ward will need to be perfect to have a chance in this game as beating a talent laden Sam Houston at home won’t come easy. JMU was up on Sammy 24-3 in the third quarter in the semifinals but not to worry as #12 Jaquez Ezzard dialed up a legendary performance the world has not seen since Woodstock when Santana took the stage. Now Ezzard has been slowed this year by injury but he has recently started to dial up his game again. KC knows better than anyone he needs a healthy Ezzard of Oz to have a chance at a repeat.

Winner: Sam Houston and if they happen to lose KC will be back in Newark Monday morning

Florida A&M ? Never mind, they got beat so we can let Sam Herder answer, he picked them to beat SLU. I will say this about The Rattlers.... they do have some talent on Defense but getting SLA in first round was not helping them, they could hang with UC Davis, Davidson, Holy Cross, Sacred Heart and dare I say South Dakota

Some more games on the slate but the light just changed to red ...gotta go

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2021, 07:28 AM
.....FUN READ........WHEN DOES LIGHT TURN GREEN?........................BRAWK!

....ps.....BE GENTILE...WHIFF DUH BIZONZZZZZS........AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2021, 07:38 AM
....BY DUH WAY....CARLOS...CANCELLED HIS UPCOMIN' CONCERTS......HAD HEART PROCEDURE.......BRAWK!

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2021, 08:41 AM

I’ll throw out some predictions, Politically incorrect comments, swag and a lot of drivel ... always dangerous

I really like to watch Southeastern Louisiana and the Air Raid passing game they will bring to James Madison, Cole Kelly is fun to watch but I think it’s all gonna come to an end this Saturday. They just wont be able to keep up with JMU. Not to mention JMU can play some defense, Besides you are more likely to see the Boggy Creek swamp legend than any defense in Southland country. JMU should be rolling it up by the 4th quarter. Streamers will fly, hotty cheerleaders will cry. If SLU can somehow keep it close and win, no tears will be shed for departing Doggie Doos of Harrisonburg. Enjoy the Beef O’ Brady Bowl

Winner JMU

Best game might be Kennesaw State at ETSU. Two teams that were not even playing football when the Hens last went to Frisco. If Kennesaw wins they earn a trip to Fargo because the Bison winning is carved on Mt Rushmore. This one is a tough one to predict but I’m leaning Kennesaw State as the time has come for them to make a statement in playoffs. Don’t blink because speed burner #3 Iaan Cousin might break one. Speed Speed Speed. ETSU will run a stud out there themselves in Quay Holmes who is destined to break a few long ones himself. In the end, Don’t be surprised when the option team wins this game with the passing game. I saw weakness in secondary vs Mercer, but ETSU always finds a way

Winner: AGS because the Owls are going to Fargo and Hooties dreams will become a nightmare

UC Davis was a bad playoff team and rightfully got beat up at South Dakota State. I think S Dak State is going to be in for an actual game this Saturday vs Sacramento State as they are much better than UC Davis. One player to keep an eye on is RB #32 Cameron Skattebo, the Freshman is tough to tackle. Everybody knows how good the Jackrabbits are and it would be a big upset to see the #4 seed knock them off, but stranger things have happened but nothing is stranger than the 2 rotating QBs for the California team nicknamed Faye Dunaway and Scarlett O’Hara

Holy Cross at Nova
The scrappy Saders will come to play and I think it could be a similar game to Delaware game against Nova. Holy Cross LB #27 Jacob Dobbs is a good one. Just like the Hens, HC will struggle to score points. I think they will hang around but in the end QB Smith will hook up with WR Hayak and game over just like that. The Holy Cross QB has a winning attitude himself and I just think somehow Holy Cross will stay in game. Nova fans point out their dominance over the Patriot league but almost all those games were against the Patriots worst teams.....anyway

It’s really Incarnate Word but after watching their Super talented QB Cameron Ward they should just change the name of the school. Ward will need to be perfect to have a chance in this game as beating a talent laden Sam Houston at home won’t come easy. JMU was up on Sammy 24-3 in the third quarter in the semifinals but not to worry as #12 Jaquez Ezzard dialed up a legendary performance the world has not seen since Woodstock when Santana took the stage. Now Ezzard has been slowed this year by injury but he has recently started to dial up his game again. KC knows better than anyone he needs a healthy Ezzard of Oz to have a chance at a repeat.

Winner: Sam Houston and if they happen to lose KC will be back in Newark Monday morning

Florida A&M ? Never mind, they got beat so we can let Sam Herder answer, he picked them to beat SLU. I will say this about The Rattlers.... they do have some talent on Defense but getting SLA in first round was not helping them, they could hang with UC Davis, Davidson, Holy Cross, Sacred Heart and dare I say South Dakota

Just so you know, I am stealing this.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 09:16 AM
.....FUN READ........WHEN DOES LIGHT TURN GREEN?........................BRAWK!

....ps.....BE GENTILE...WHIFF DUH BIZONZZZZZS........AWK!

Gracias Mr C! Means something coming from a legend

I meant to say the light turned Green but it really doesn’t matter here on Isla, the traffic lights are referred to as Christmas 🎄 decorations

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2021, 09:29 AM
....BY DUH WAY....CARLOS...CANCELLED HIS UPCOMIN' CONCERTS......HAD HEART PROCEDURE.......BRAWK!

Hope for the best to him and his drummer(wife).

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2021, 09:41 AM
I disagree that Villanova's wins have come over the PL worst teams. Not to go homer here but Lehigh has been arguably the PL's best program the last 20 years and 'Nova has beat them every time but once (2006). Villanova absolutely destroyed a Top 25 Fordham team in 2015, they clobbered preseason Top 20 Colgate in 2019 in Hamilton (I was there), beat a playoff bound Top 20 Lehigh in 2016, a Top 20 Lehigh team in 2010, Top 10 Lehigh team in 2004, a top 15 Holy Cross team in the 2009 playoffs, hammered Top 20 Colgate in the 2008 playoffs and beat a fringe Top 10 Fordham team in the 2002 playoffs.

Villanova has dominated the PL, the good teams and the bad teams. Honestly, it directly translates to their dominance of Delaware the last 15-20 years too. There's something to it....

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 11:13 AM
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/477095_13cbb82ef4e54f1e86d90d8f2160a016~mv2_d_3000 _1987_s_2.jpg/v1/fill/w_377,h_377,fp_0.57_0.37,q_90/477095_13cbb82ef4e54f1e86d90d8f2160a016~mv2_d_3000 _1987_s_2.jpg

That is not his wife

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2021, 11:34 AM
Good post hen! I like ETSU over KSU just because I think that turnovers will favor the Bucs and that'll make the difference. Other than that I agree with your picks. The only other games left are the Montana teams' games. I like the Griz to use their home field advantage and stout defense to edge the Eagles under the Friday night lights and I don't think the Bobcats will give the ball up 6 times to UTM like the Bears did so they move on as well fairly comfortably.

ScrappytheOwl
December 2nd, 2021, 11:37 AM

Winner JMU

Holy Cross at Nova

Well thought out post. The other day, I put a parlay on NDSU, SLU, SHSU, KSU (Duh), Villanova, and UGA (obviously not FCS but still) to win. I feel very confident with all those predictions outside of southeast louisianna. My thought with that one is maybe JMU is looking to the FBS and gets surprised by SLUs offense. Should be a fun weekend of football for sure.

DFW HOYA
December 2nd, 2021, 12:19 PM
I disagree that Villanova's wins have come over the PL worst teams. Not to go homer here but Lehigh has been arguably the PL's best program the last 20 years and 'Nova has beat them every time but once (2006). Villanova absolutely destroyed a Top 25 Fordham team in 2015, they clobbered preseason Top 20 Colgate in 2019 in Hamilton (I was there), beat a playoff bound Top 20 Lehigh in 2016, a Top 20 Lehigh team in 2010, Top 10 Lehigh team in 2004, a top 15 Holy Cross team in the 2009 playoffs, hammered Top 20 Colgate in the 2008 playoffs and beat a fringe Top 10 Fordham team in the 2002 playoffs.

Villanova has dominated the PL, the good teams and the bad teams. Honestly, it directly translates to their dominance of Delaware the last 15-20 years too. There's something to it....

Villanova has played six PL teams, but won't schedule the seventh.

CHIP72
December 2nd, 2021, 12:30 PM

Winner JMU

Holy Cross at Nova

You sat at a very long red light. Either that or you can type 500 words/minute.

In the non-playoff game but championship game taking place this weekend, I'll go with Deion Sanders State, I mean Jackson State, to beat Prairie View A&M for the SWAC title.

CHIP72
December 2nd, 2021, 12:32 PM
Villanova has played six PL teams, but won't schedule the seventh.

VU is already happy dominating Georgetown in hoops.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 12:40 PM

I never studied Paleontology, but in recent history Nova has played Bucknell and Lehigh twice and Colgate.

5-0

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2021, 01:34 PM
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/477095_13cbb82ef4e54f1e86d90d8f2160a016~mv2_d_3000 _1987_s_2.jpg/v1/fill/w_377,h_377,fp_0.57_0.37,q_90/477095_13cbb82ef4e54f1e86d90d8f2160a016~mv2_d_3000 _1987_s_2.jpg

That is not his wife

From her Wiki page.

On July 9, 2010, Carlos Santana proposed to Blackman on stage during a concert at Tinley Park, Illinois.[15] Blackman is Santana's touring drummer; he proposed immediately after her drum solo. They were married on Maui, Hawaii on December 19, 2010

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 03:33 PM
Good post hen! I like ETSU over KSU just because I think that turnovers will favor the Bucs and that'll make the difference. Other than that I agree with your picks. The only other games left are the Montana teams' games. I like the Griz to use their home field advantage and stout defense to edge the Eagles under the Friday night lights and I don't think the Bobcats will give the ball up 6 times to UTM like the Bears did so they move on as well fairly comfortably.

thanks PC!

Really the ETSU Kennesaw game is a pick em for me, I keep waffling on this one.

There is just something delicious about Kennesaw going to Fargo if you know what I mean 😊

One of the Montana teams is probably going to lose as Berriere is a big game player

POD Knows
December 2nd, 2021, 06:44 PM
thanks PC!

Really the ETSU Kennesaw game is a pick em for me, I keep waffling on this one.

There is just something delicious about Kennesaw going to Fargo if you know what I mean 

One of the Montana teams is probably going to lose as Berriere is a big game player
Saw on a different site that the Montana State starting QB entered the transfer portal and is gone

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 06:48 PM
Saw on a different site that the Montana State starting QB entered the transfer portal and is gone

that’s crazy, maybe both Montana teams will lose but I admit I like watching games at the Griz place

POD Knows
December 2nd, 2021, 06:52 PM
that’s crazy, maybe both Montana teams will lose but I admit I like watching games at the Griz place
I don’t think that MSU QB was much of a loss. Don’t know a lot about him but there offense has been pretty terrible as of late

Houndawg
December 2nd, 2021, 08:48 PM

That is not his wife

looks like a '62 Precision, sweet

Bisonoline
December 2nd, 2021, 09:01 PM

What a douche bag. With a playoff game tomorrow. JFC

POD Knows
December 2nd, 2021, 09:07 PM
What a douche bag.
Yea. This is the wave of the future. We will probably lose Payton next year if he isn’t a starter.

ScrappytheOwl
December 2nd, 2021, 09:44 PM

Wow. That is pretty rough. Losing a starting Qb a day before a playoff game would be difficult for any team to overcome.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 09:52 PM
Wow. That is pretty rough. Losing a starting Qb a day before a playoff game would be difficult for any team to overcome.

poor guy was benched and took his ball and went home

the Portal might be the Hotel California for this guy

AgentL
December 2nd, 2021, 10:09 PM

I think McKay was to much in his own head. Seemed like a nice kid, however, did not have much for playing with emotion. Hell, the kid rarely seemed happy for himself when he performed well. Seemed like he just no longer was having any fun.

On the bright side, I believe the true freshman, Tommy Mellott, was named starting quarterback for the game. His passing abilities are a bit unknown at the college level, his running ability is excellent and his intensity is contagious.

Houndawg
December 3rd, 2021, 06:54 AM
Yea. This is the wave of the future. We will probably lose Payton next year if he isn’t a starter.

Everbody wants to play, why sit if there is somewhere you can play?

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 07:45 AM
I think McKay was to much in his own head. Seemed like a nice kid, however, did not have much for playing with emotion. Hell, the kid rarely seemed happy for himself when he performed well. Seemed like he just no longer was having any fun.

On the bright side, I believe the true freshman, Tommy Mellott, was named starting quarterback for the game. His passing abilities are a bit unknown at the college level, his running ability is excellent and his intensity is contagious.So…is Montana State’s O gonna look like The Citadel’s without the triple option piece of it?

The new starting QB is 2-4 for 12 yards in passing this season (no TD’s or INT’s), but has played in 8 games and run the ball 36 times for 304 yards with 4 TD’s and a very nice 8.2 yds/attempt.

UTM has only given up <130 yds/game rushing and about 2x that many yds passing/game.

When FUBeAR has watched them play, his perspective has been that they have a strong Front 7, but are a bit vulnerable in the Secondary…particularly their Safeties.

This is going to be a very interesting game!

Houndawg
December 3rd, 2021, 07:56 AM
So…is Montana State’s O gonna look like The Citadel’s without the triple option piece of it?

The new starting QB is 2-4 for 12 yards in passing this season (no TD’s or INT’s), but has played in 8 games and run the ball 36 times for 304 yards with 4 TD’s and a very nice 8.2 yds/attempt.

UTM has only given up <130 yds/game rushing and about 2x that many yds passing/game.

When FUBeAR has watched them play, his perspective has been that they have a strong Front 7, but are a bit vulnerable in the Secondary…particularly their Safeties.

Most likely upset this round

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2021, 08:03 AM
So…is Montana State’s O gonna look like The Citadel’s without the triple option piece of it?

Wish I had known about this when I filled out my bracket...xcoffeex

ksu_owls
December 3rd, 2021, 01:54 PM
Only here to applaud the “winner: AGS” comment lol

Chalupa Batman
December 3rd, 2021, 01:59 PM
Wish I had known about this when I filled out my bracket...xcoffeex

I bet the people that picked Missouri State to advance aren't all that upset with the news. Could prevent them from losing ground to people that picked the Bobcats should the Skyhawks win.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 04:10 PM
Only here to applaud the “winner: AGS” comment lol

your welcome!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2021, 11:20 PM
Games start at 2 PM ET tomorrow! Can't some soon enough....

Chalupa Batman
December 3rd, 2021, 11:24 PM

I'll have 3 TV's going at once, plus my phone if need be!

Kind of want to keep tabs on the SEC and AAC title games as well but will probably end up just doing score checking on those.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2021, 11:29 PM
I'll have 3 TV's going at once, plus my phone if need be!

Kind of want to keep tabs on the SEC and AAC title games as well but will probably end up just doing score checking on those.

Days like tomorrow is when I kinda wish I wasn't actually going to the game tomorrow. Would like to set up multiple TVs and chllin'.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 05:14 AM

wrong about Montana, these kind of wins keep the mystique alive

CHIP72
December 4th, 2021, 08:03 AM

Hah! I’ll probably be watching Muhlenberg/Mount Union (D3) at 12 PM ET and keeping an eye on Shepherd/Kutztown (12 PM ET) and Bowie State/Valdosta State (1 PM ET) in D2.

I’ll probably also pay attention to Baylor/Oklahoma State at 12 PM, both Alabama/Georgia and Houston/Cincinnati at 4 PM, and Iowa/Michigan at 8 PM, especially the first three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2021, 09:18 AM

Well this is why you are the Professor ... nailed it

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2021, 01:58 PM
Well this is why you are the Professor ... nailed it
That or "even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut" syndrome. :)

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2021, 07:25 PM
That or "even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut" syndrome. :)

You say that a lot

who you got this weekend

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2021, 08:15 PM
You say that a lot

who you got this weekend
Going with all the home teams.

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2021, 09:19 PM
Going with all the home teams.HOMER!

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2021, 09:38 PM
Going with all the home teams.

Nova?

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2021, 09:42 PM
Nova?
Yeah... that's my pick against the grain this week. I think the travel and 12 straight weeks of games catches up with SDSU this week.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2021, 05:01 AM
Yeah... that's my pick against the grain this week. I think the travel and 12 straight weeks of games catches up with SDSU this week.

PC, I agree with your thought process .... posted the following on Gohens

Post (http://gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?p=398553#p398553) Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:09 am
Villanova has a excellent opportunity to pull a big upset for a few reasons

Let me say this, South Dakota State is the better team, however....

They have played 24 games this year, that is unprecedented ( I think all the xtra games might be wearing on Sammy some too)

They did not get a seed so they had no bye week like Nova did

while Nova was making sure the car doors were locked on the week off, South Dakota State had to play UC Davis and beat the overrated Aggies very soundly ... one extra game for them not gonna help this Saturday

Saturday night, they were on the Left Coast matched up against the 4 seed Sacramento State.... http://gohens.net/boards/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif They started that game like a fined tuned machine opening up a big lead, but that game turned around late in second quarter and the Rabbits really looked fatigued in the second half, but they did hold on for the win. They had several players down for extended periods of time.

Now, the have to travel to the East Coast and play on the road again, that's a lot of travel

The Nova Quarterback, Dime Store Daniel Smith is in a funk right now, not the player he was in 2019 but if he can find his mojo again Nova is going to be a threat to beat S Dak State. Why did I call him Dime Store? because of the cheap dangly ear rings he was sporting in the Holy Cross game http://gohens.net/boards/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gifJust get some pearls Danny... (Go Braves)

Nova plays the run well and it will be interesting to see how they do against the best 1 2 punch in all of FCS as Davis and Strong are outstanding.

I will be shocked if this is not a very good football game and wouldn't be surprised to see Nova pull it off

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2021, 06:04 AM

These kids are young so the 12 straight weeks is minor IMO. Eck needs to run both of those RBs a lot. Davis is basically "fresh" now coming off of injury.

Strong/Davis is a pretty potent combo. Good luck to Villanova in stopping them. I'll be surprised if SDSU doesn't win.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2021, 07:48 AM
These kids are young so the 12 straight weeks is minor IMO. Eck needs to run both of those RBs a lot. Davis is basically "fresh" now coming off of injury.

Strong/Davis is a pretty potent combo. Good luck to Villanova in stopping them. I'll be surprised if SDSU doesn't win.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if you're right but teams are stunningly unsuccessful when playing a 2nd consecutive playoff road game (I think their win percentage is less than 10% the last time I figured it for the last 8-10 years). But I am still going more with my gut than my head on that pick.

MSUBobcat
December 10th, 2021, 11:46 AM
Wouldn't be surprised at all if you're right but teams are stunningly unsuccessful when playing a 2nd consecutive playoff road game (I think their win percentage is less than 10% the last time I figured it for the last 8-10 years). But I am still going more with my gut than my head on that pick.

Good stuff, PC. I may have to grab a couple parlays with Nova winning outright (I have at least one with them covering). Obviously, this SDSU team is not your typical unseeded team and is a couple boneheaded decisions from likely not even being on the road yet this playoffs.

What are the odds of a team winning a THIRD consecutive road playoff game? I thought it would have been YSU during their unseeded run to the championship game, but they didn't even have 2 straight road games that year (not counting Frisco being a neutral site). Just curious, cuz.... if SDSU and MSU both pull the upset, they'd have to come to us xawesomexxprayx

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2021, 12:05 PM

it sounds like you’re going with your head to me 😊

it’s a fine line

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Good stuff, PC. I may have to grab a couple parlays with Nova winning outright (I have at least one with them covering). Obviously, this SDSU team is not your typical unseeded team and is a couple boneheaded decisions from likely not even being on the road yet this playoffs.

What are the odds of a team winning a THIRD consecutive road playoff game? I thought it would have been YSU during their unseeded run to the championship game, but they didn't even have 2 straight road games that year (not counting Frisco being a neutral site). Just curious, cuz.... if SDSU and MSU both pull the upset, they'd have to come to us xawesomexxprayx

Good luck winning back the money you lost last week betting on Nova to cover against Holy Cross 💨

MSUBobcat
December 10th, 2021, 12:27 PM
Good luck winning back the money you lost last week betting on Nova to cover against Holy Cross 

Good point. SDSU takes this one. FWIW, I actually did take HC to cover on a few of the parlays - I throw shotgun blasts with small amounts and big payoffs, like +20000. I'm still up on the year and the $40 I laid down isn't hurting anything.

How'd your prediction that "UT Martin will be the Cinderella story after they knock out Montana State" pan out? Zero offensive points, 178 total yards? Cinderella indeed! Gals with glass slippers shouldn't play football I guess.

that guy
December 10th, 2021, 12:36 PM
There very well could be no teams left after this weekend east of the Big Muddy River.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2021, 12:37 PM

I think JMU won 3 in a row on the road en route to the 2004 national title but that's the only time I'm aware of that a team won 3 straight playoff road games.

There very well could be no teams left after this weekend east of the Big Muddy River.
It would be pretty cool if it was an all MonDak semifinals.

MSUBobcat
December 10th, 2021, 12:54 PM
I think JMU won 3 in a row on the road en route to the 2004 national title but that's the only time I'm aware of that a team won 3 straight playoff road games.

It would be pretty cool if it was an all MonDak semifinals.

Perfect! Now we both just have to win.....

Would be awesome for us, but I'm sure ESPN is dying for all the semifinal to be comprised of 3 of the least populated states (though support/eyeballs in those states may be higher than the number of people who care about SHSU, JMU, etc. in FCS football, I dunno).

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2021, 01:03 PM
Good point. SDSU takes this one. FWIW, I actually did take HC to cover on a few of the parlays - I throw shotgun blasts with small amounts and big payoffs, like +20000. I'm still up on the year and the $40 I laid down isn't hurting anything.

How'd your prediction that "UT Martin will be the Cinderella story after they knock out Montana State" pan out? Zero offensive points, 178 total yards? Cinderella indeed! Gals with glass slippers shouldn't play football I guess.

that UT Martin Cinderella was a troll post 😆

by the way, I’m not in tune with all the betting terminology

I haven’t bet on football since I was in high school

Chalupa Batman
December 10th, 2021, 01:22 PM

I'm sure the majority of those teams were underdogs in both of their road games, and would guess the vast majority were underdogs in at least one of them.

This would be really cool to see. I'm guessing we only see 2 of the 4 in the semi's next week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2021, 02:16 PM
I'm sure the majority of those teams were underdogs in both of their road games, and would guess the vast majority were underdogs in at least one of them.

This would be really cool to see. I'm guessing we only see 2 of the 4 in the semi's next week.

Both Montana schools and the State Dakota schools in the semis would be awesome. Best bets are SDSU/NDSU then Montana then MSU.

Chalupa Batman
December 10th, 2021, 02:22 PM
Montana @ James Madison

This game has all the makings of a classic, and I think this game will come down to turnovers. These are the top two teams in taking the ball away from their opponents, with JMU forcing 29 turnovers and Montana 28. JMU is much better at taking care of the ball themselves, having turned the ball over only 8 times while Montana has turned it over 19 times. IMO if Montana is to win they have to win the turnover battle, if it is even or in JMU’s favor the Dukes will win. We could see a bunch big plays in this one and a lot of wild momentum swings, in the end I’m picking the Dukes to prevail 34-30.

East Tennessee State @ North Dakota State

People seem to be betting on NDSU to cover as the Bison have gone from 23.5 point favorites to 25.5 point favorites. The fact that neither team plays at a very fast pace leads me to believe that while the Bison win comfortably, the Buccaneers will cover the spread. I’m taking NDSU 34-14.

South Dakota State @ Villanova

This game is the ultimate wild card and can go any number of ways. We saw last weekend how inconsistent the Jackrabbits can be, even within a game. Villanova’s offense has been inconsistent as well, due mainly to the streaky play of QB Daniel Smith. One things I’m curious to see is if SDSU begins to unleash Chris Oladokun in the run game. So far this season he has had very few designed runs, at Samford in 2019 he was a fairly high volume and effective runner.

I can see this game being a Jackrabbits blowout win, a Wildcats blowout win, a well played classic that goes down to the wire, or a sloppily played game by both teams that comes down to the wire. In the end, I think the Jackrabbits are just too talented for the home team, I’m taking them to win 31-24.

Montana State @ Sam Houston

To me, the outcome of this game is simple: How effectively can Montana State run the ball against Sam Houston’s outstanding run defense? The Bobcats defense is going to keep them in this game, and if they can find a way to get 24-27 points they will win. I think all they’ll be able to get is 10-13 points, I’m taking Sam Houston to win 20-13.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2021, 04:47 PM
Montana @ James Madison

This game has all the makings of a classic, and I think this game will come down to turnovers. These are the top two teams in taking the ball away from their opponents, with JMU forcing 29 turnovers and Montana 28. JMU is much better at taking care of the ball themselves, having turned the ball over only 8 times while Montana has turned it over 19 times. IMO if Montana is to win they have to win the turnover battle, if it is even or in JMU’s favor the Dukes will win. We could see a bunch big plays in this one and a lot of wild momentum swings, in the end I’m picking the Dukes to prevail 34-30.

East Tennessee State @ North Dakota State

People seem to be betting on NDSU to cover as the Bison have gone from 23.5 point favorites to 25.5 point favorites. The fact that neither team plays at a very fast pace leads me to believe that while the Bison win comfortably, the Buccaneers will cover the spread. I’m taking NDSU 34-14.

South Dakota State @ Villanova

This game is the ultimate wild card and can go any number of ways. We saw last weekend how inconsistent the Jackrabbits can be, even within a game. Villanova’s offense has been inconsistent as well, due mainly to the streaky play of QB Daniel Smith. One things I’m curious to see is if SDSU begins to unleash Chris Oladokun in the run game. So far this season he has had very few designed runs, at Samford in 2019 he was a fairly high volume and effective runner.

I can see this game being a Jackrabbits blowout win, a Wildcats blowout win, a well played classic that goes down to the wire, or a sloppily played game by both teams that comes down to the wire. In the end, I think the Jackrabbits are just too talented for the home team, I’m taking them to win 31-24.

Montana State @ Sam Houston

To me, the outcome of this game is simple: How effectively can Montana State run the ball against Sam Houston’s outstanding run defense? The Bobcats defense is going to keep them in this game, and if they can find a way to get 24-27 points they will win. I think all they’ll be able to get is 10-13 points, I’m taking Sam Houston to win 20-13.

good stuff!

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2021, 09:52 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx............BRAWK!!...... ..xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlo lxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlo lxxlolxxlolx

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2022, 03:58 PM

Winner JMU

Holy Cross at Nova

Cameron Skattebo

Remember that name