PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State's win makes new friends in Columbus

saint0917
September 6th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend -- and I want to wear my new friend's T-shirt!

That's the newest trend among Ohio State fans, whose latest fashion statement is in the colors of Appalachian State, which shocked then-No. 5 Michigan 34-32 on Saturday in the first win by a Division I-AA team over a ranked I-A team.

Hours after the historic defeat, at least one street vendor was doing brisk business selling freshly minted Mountaineers T-shirts near the Ohio State campus. And local stores say they've been swamped with requests for gear bearing the Mountaineers' gold and black colors and logo, as Buckeyes fans take glee in the humiliation of their bitter rival.

"If I had a dollar for every time someone's asked, I could retire," said manager Greg Pierson at Sports Fan Attic.

Ohio St. Fans buying Appalachian St. Gear (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3007221)

Go...gate
September 6th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Somewhere in the luxury box where football coaches go to their final rest, I am certain Woody Hayes is wearing an ASU baseball cap giving a lot of grief to Bo Schembechler, Fielding Yost, Harry Kipke and other Meeeechigan coaching legends. xnodx

OSUPenguin
September 6th, 2007, 01:56 PM
As an OSU Student, I was one of many who stuck around to watch the App/Michigan game on the TVs under Ohio Stadium after the YSU/OSU game. Our game had been done for well over 30 minutes, yet thousands of fans stuck around to watch Michigan crumble. When Cory Lynch blocked the kick, the entire place went crazy, myself included. Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=V0jePmKPEM0

But now, after thinking about the upset, I'm not so sure I agree with my fellow Buckeyes anymore. The loss looks really bad on the BigTen. But all in all, I'm kinda glad it did happen so we can talk even more smack to Meeeechigan fans!!

Go Penguins! Go Buckeyes! Go Mountaineers!

henfan
September 6th, 2007, 02:15 PM
OSU fans are going to look pretty stupid if Michigan beats them this year.

GO BIG BLUE!xthumbsupx

appfan2008
September 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM
it is really sweet to see osu, msu, psu, nd fans etc. so excited about our win

RadMann
September 6th, 2007, 06:10 PM
They OSU fans are a little slow in picking up on the fact that it was a loss for the Big Ten as well.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2007, 06:58 PM
App gear is HOT HOT HOT

patssle
September 6th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I love this comment from that article

Michigan fans should start wearing Florida Gators shirts that say: How does it feel to loose the National Championship in two sports in the same year to an obviously superior school? AAAHHHHHH

GoGuins
September 7th, 2007, 09:08 AM
As an OSU Student, I was one of many who stuck around to watch the App/Michigan game on the TVs under Ohio Stadium after the YSU/OSU game. Our game had been done for well over 30 minutes, yet thousands of fans stuck around to watch Michigan crumble. When Cory Lynch blocked the kick, the entire place went crazy, myself included. Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=V0jePmKPEM0

Go Penguins! Go Buckeyes! Go Mountaineers!

And then you rioted right?

89Hen
September 7th, 2007, 09:14 AM
OSU fans are going to look pretty stupid if Michigan beats them this year.

GO BIG BLUE!xthumbsupx
Not much chance of that though. Tressel owns Carr. xsmiley_wix

GoGuins
September 7th, 2007, 09:17 AM
They OSU fans are a little slow in picking up on the fact that it was a loss for the Big Ten as well.

Yes, they are a little slow. That's why half their alumni is working in the fast food industry.

http://www.americanangst.com/dingfries.html

GoGuins
September 7th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Not much chance of that though. Tressel owns Carr. xsmiley_wix

Yea, what kind of car does Tressel own? A Llllloyd Carr:D

I'm a homer, but think it will happen. Carr is going to announce a week before the game he's retiring at the end of the year and OSU will be so bummed, they won't know what to do.

phillyAPP
September 7th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Yea, what kind of car does Tressel own? A Llllloyd Carr:D

I'm a homer, but think it will happen. Carr is going to announce a week before the game he's retiring at the end of the year and OSU will be so bummed, they won't know what to do.

Guins - Where have you been? I was in the purple RV lot ,patriot HS,saturday. I haven't seen you online much.

Sorry about the Maise and Blue. The Michigan fans were the best, even in defeat. I think many UM fans didn't mind, hoping it would get Carr fired. They still were the nicest fans before and after the game I've ever seen.

You look great with the big "A" helmet. I hope you get a chance to come to Boone for a game, if I can get you a ticket. Let me know if you want and I'll try to get you one.

Thanks for your support and help in ANN Arbor. Now APP needs to get to business and win one week at a time. I can't believe how BIG the target has gotten.

OSUPenguin
September 7th, 2007, 11:15 AM
And then you rioted right?
So thats what I get for trying to support the BigTen???

Contrary to popular belief, Ohio State students don't riot. The last rioting event was 2002 and of the 38 people arrested, only 3 were OSU students. And you're bound to get 3 bad apples out of 48,000+ students.

No need to be bitter GoGuins. Can't we all just get along and support the Penguins xnodx

GoGuins
September 7th, 2007, 12:14 PM
So thats what I get for trying to support the BigTen???

Contrary to popular belief, Ohio State students don't riot. The last rioting event was 2002 and of the 38 people arrested, only 3 were OSU students. And you're bound to get 3 bad apples out of 48,000+ students.

No need to be bitter GoGuins. Can't we all just get along and support the Penguins xnodx

Not bitter, just going by what your former president said in her interviewxlolx

And yes....Go Penguins!

GoGuins
September 7th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Guins - Where have you been? I was in the purple RV lot ,patriot HS,saturday. I haven't seen you online much.

Sorry about the Maise and Blue. The Michigan fans were the best, even in defeat. I think many UM fans didn't mind, hoping it would get Carr fired. They still were the nicest fans before and after the game I've ever seen.

You look great with the big "A" helmet. I hope you get a chance to come to Boone for a game, if I can get you a ticket. Let me know if you want and I'll try to get you one.

Thanks for your support and help in ANN Arbor. Now APP needs to get to business and win one week at a time. I can't believe how BIG the target has gotten.

I came on here and posted my congrats a couple days after the game. Just haven't been online much this week.

Glad you had a good time, we parked at the tennis center. I talked with some ASU fans afterwards and told them I was from Ytown so we mostly talked about ASU-YSU. Your fans were class all the way. I was waiting for them to try to go after the goalposts after the game ended, but since most were in the nosebleed seats, it would have taken an hour just to get to the field:)

Good Luck to ASU the rest of the year

BTW, you said you knew about DIII Mount Union, did you see their score after 1 qtr last Sat? 52-0 They ended up scoring 77 I think. I guess they had their 3rd & 4th string in by halftime. They dress almost 200 for home games

GoGuins
September 7th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Yes, they are a little slow. That's why half their alumni is working in the fast food industry.

http://www.americanangst.com/dingfries.html

Sorry if I offended anyone by this comment, OSU fans or people who work in the fast food industry. I had reputation points taken away because someone didn't like the comment or link.

OSUPenguin
September 7th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Not bitter, just going by what your former president said in her interviewxlolx

And yes....Go Penguins!
Oh geez, don't even get me started on Karen "A. Hol"brook. Lets just say NO ONE in Columbus was sad to see her go and it doesn't surprise me what she said anyways. She never fit in here and she never knew what it was like to be a Buckeye.

Go...gate
September 7th, 2007, 05:15 PM
The "Malaise in Blue" could not happen to a nicer bunch of guys.