PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall Playoffs Round 2: Southern Illinois @ #2 North Dakota State

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2021, 08:02 PM
Game kicks off at 2:30PM CT on Saturday 12/4.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51710974453_b66e949ecd_z.jpg

Houndawg
November 27th, 2021, 08:03 PM
Bison at home by three scores, easy.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2021, 08:04 PM
Hope it is close.

Bison56
November 27th, 2021, 08:06 PM
4 point game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2021, 08:12 PM
4 point game.

Doubt that

POD Knows
November 27th, 2021, 08:30 PM
Bison lose. Revenge seekers are disappointed.

Houndawg
November 27th, 2021, 08:39 PM
Next-to-the-last team in vs #2 seed. Warm up game for the Bison

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2021, 08:42 PM
I'm feeling pretty confident about this game but what worries me is Nic Baker, who played like an All-American QB vs the Bison in the spring, throwing at Cox and Lenoir on the outside vs some fairly untested Bison CBs. If SIU will have a chance they'll need Cox and Lenoir to light up the Bison secondary I'd say.

mvfcfan
November 27th, 2021, 08:44 PM
I voted for SIU to make the poll look more respectable.

Glad to see SIU play NDSU rather than USD. We already saw what USD could do a week ago, so I'm glad someone else is getting a shot.

Houndawg
November 27th, 2021, 08:49 PM
I'm feeling pretty confident about this game but what worries me is Nic Baker, who played like an All-American QB vs the Bison in the spring, throwing at Cox and Lenoir on the outside vs some fairly untested Bison CBs. If SIU will have a chance they'll need Cox and Lenoir to light up the Bison secondary I'd say.

Baker has been struggling all month, and struggled again today, missing receivers by yards. I would imagine that SIU knows their only chance is to come out throwing and hope to get rich quick

POD Knows
November 27th, 2021, 09:26 PM
Baker has been struggling all month, and struggled again today, missing receivers by yards. I would imagine that SIU knows their only chance is to come out throwing and hope to get rich quick
Your receivers are better than our CBs. I wouldn’t run a single running play the entire game Spread the field. Quick passes. That will get it done. I can’t understand why the teams that play the Bison can’t see that.

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2021, 10:02 PM
Your receivers are better than our CBs. I wouldn’t run a single running play the entire game Spread the field. Quick passes. That will get it done. I can’t understand why the teams that play the Bison can’t see that.

The 4 running backs who play regularly for the Salukis all average over 5 ypc. I think they will run it plenty.

POD Knows
November 27th, 2021, 10:06 PM
The 4 running backs who play regularly for the Salukis all average over 5 ypc. I think they will run it plenty.
Do you want to win or not. Please run the ball. Make my day.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2021, 04:37 AM
NDSU already lost in the spring to this team. How can they win? xdontknowx

Same teams, right?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2021, 04:43 AM

NDSU is infinitely better compared to that motley crew of a team in the spring. After watching SIU/USD, the Bison should win this game easily IMO. Second week in a row road game for SIU versus a well rested and relatively healthy Bison team.

Cam keeps getting better every game since becoming the #1 QB. Bison are definitely more balanced with him in there. Defense has also been playing very well. I think the Bison DL is going to do pretty well against this OL.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2021, 05:51 AM

I'm afraid they'll try. The only way we run for 100 yds. is if Baker regains his early season form and that is going to depend on the o line who until last night hasn't looked very good against teams like UNI and MoSt and YSU. I dunno, maybe we could go up early and UND could let us zip over and use their weight room. Too bad we slipped up against UNI and YSU, it would have been nice to play somebody from a different conference.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 06:37 AM

because it's to dark in that dome, you guys need a retractable roof with all the warm days now.... wimps

The Cats
November 28th, 2021, 07:49 AM
voted - ND State

TennBison
November 28th, 2021, 11:42 AM
Bison should control this game, not going to be a run away, but around a 14-17 point win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2021, 11:53 AM
Bison should control this game, not going to be a run away, but around a 14-17 point win.

Running game is much better with TW getting most of the carries. Hard nose runner and breaks tackles going north/south. It will be interesting how SIU will defend the Bison and if they come out throwing it around or try to establish some type of run game.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2021, 12:24 PM
I would be perfectly happy with that. SIU has something like 18 super seniors... pretty tough to blow out a team like that. Give me 2 score win that doesn't give me heartburn at the end and I'll be happy.

Chalupa Batman
November 28th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Bison should win this game by a couple scores I think, but SIU has a relentlessness about them and they aren't going to give up. They were down 21-3 against Kansas State in the 1st half and came back to take the halftime lead before eventually losing by 8. They were down 20-0 against SDSU and kept fighting back and eventually won. They didn't even let getting turned away twice at the goal line in 2nd half of that game stop them from clawing back. I'm no expert on the Salukis but I'm guessing they don't quite have the depth needed to sustain a season in the Valley which is why they faltered a little at the end and that might be the only thing that keeps them from having a chance to win to win this game in the 4th. But if the same team that went into Manhattan and Brookings shows up in Fargo, it is going to be a dogfight that comes down to the very end. I'm really impressed with what Nick Hill is building in Carbondale, but he's probably a year or two away from seriously competing nationally.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2021, 02:25 PM
NDSU already lost in the spring to this team. How can they win? xdontknowx

Same teams, right?

Same rosters mostly. Not all the same people on the field due to injuries - like an AA DB - would be real nice to have your shutdown CB when you're getting ready for a team that is going to pound on you before going play action to their AA WR

Houndawg
November 28th, 2021, 02:29 PM
Bison should win this game by a couple scores I think, but SIU has a relentlessness about them and they aren't going to give up. They were down 21-3 against Kansas State in the 1st half and came back to take the halftime lead before eventually losing by 8. They were down 20-0 against SDSU and kept fighting back and eventually won. They didn't even let getting turned away twice at the goal line in 2nd half of that game stop them from clawing back. I'm no expert on the Salukis but I'm guessing they don't quite have the depth needed to sustain a season in the Valley which is why they faltered a little at the end and that might be the only thing that keeps them from having a chance to win to win this game in the 4th. But if the same team that went into Manhattan and Brookings shows up in Fargo, it is going to be a dogfight that comes down to the very end. I'm really impressed with what Nick Hill is building in Carbondale, but he's probably a year or two away from seriously competing nationally.

This

To be in it at the end we need to win the TOP in the first half and I dont see that happening

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2021, 07:21 PM
NDSU opens as a 13 point favorite on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php) with an O/U of 53.5.

Houndawg
November 29th, 2021, 06:32 AM
Under

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2021, 07:24 AM
NDSU opens as a 13 point favorite on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php) with an O/U of 53.5.

Seems about right.

IIRC, Luepke will be a full go or almost 100%. Pound him and TM, the best at breaking tackles and running thru them and use play action off of them.

Off week was huge.

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2021, 07:33 AM
Seems about right.

IIRC, Luepke will be a full go or almost 100%. Pound him and TM, the best at breaking tackles and running thru them and use play action off of them.

Off week was huge.
Kind of ironic that Entz said *knockonwood* they're as healthy as they've ever been this time of year considering the extra wear and tear the spring season put on the players.

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2021, 08:46 AM
I like the confidence of all the Bison faithful, but my gut says a Missouri St type game. Might come down to stupid penalties or a turnover in the 4th quarter.

Hammerhead
November 29th, 2021, 09:49 AM

Sagarin also has NDSU favored by 13.

Hammerhead
November 29th, 2021, 09:57 AM

Sagarin also has NDSU favored by 13.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2021, 08:24 PM
SIU is #77 in the FCS for rushing defense: 162 yards/game

NDSU is #3 in rushing offense: 272yards/game with a 6.35 yards/rush

I fully expect the Bison to pound the ball in this game.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2021, 12:35 AM
SIU is #77 in the FCS for rushing defense: 162 yards/game

NDSU is #3 in rushing offense: 272yards/game with a 6.35 yards/rush

I fully expect the Bison to pound the ball in this game.

Bold prediction!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2021, 04:48 AM
Bold prediction!

Bison roll!

Bison Video Blog: 2021 NDSU Football vs SIU | INFORUM (https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7301434-Bison-Video-Blog-2021-NDSU-Football-vs-SIU)

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2021, 07:19 AM

....EVERAH-ONE...FROM MISERY VALLEY.....TIP-TOEIN'....'ROUND DUH FACT.......THREE SQWADS...FROM DUH ALMIGHTY CONFERENCE......WENT DOWN......WHIFF SNAP UH FINGERS.....AN' UH FORTH.....FIFTH??...WILL BE FORKED....SATURDAY........SO OUTAH 6....POSSIBLY ONE/TWO LEFT.......NO EXCUSES......DIDN'T GET IT DONE......LADS UH CORN BELT......xlolx....BRAWK!!

semobison
November 30th, 2021, 07:45 AM

....EVERAH-ONE...FROM MISERY VALLEY.....TIP-TOEIN'....'ROUND DUH FACT.......THREE SQWADS...FROM DUH ALMIGHTY CONFERENCE......WENT DOWN......WHIFF SNAP UH FINGERS.....AN' UH FORTH.....FIFTH??...WILL BE FORKED....SATURDAY........SO OUTAH 6....POSSIBLY ONE/TWO LEFT.......NO EXCUSES......DIDN'T GET IT DONE......LADS UH CORN BELT......xlolx....BRAWK!!

Misery State peed down their claws. The other games went pretty much as expected!

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 08:20 AM

Hard to see that “5th” happening.

With the bunnies exposing “You see Davis?” as playoff unworthy, any logical person also has to question SacSt’s validity. Their only decent win was over a Griz Team playing w/o their starting QB.

Nah, the MVFC lost the 2 (of 6) out of the Playoffs that shouldn’t have been in last week and the 3rd, which should have been on the Playoff Bubble instead of the Seed Bubble, was also exposed by losing to an OVC Team playing w/o their Starting Conf. OPOY QB. FUBeAR sees the MVFC having 2 deserving Teams remaining after Sat. and the Big Sky with 1 deserving Team remaining…possibly 2…depending upon the weather in Bozeman.

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2021, 08:26 AM
...SO WE'RE SAYIN'....6-5......SHOODN'T HAVE BEEN ALLOWED...NOW.......BUT DEY'RE IS...MILES UH PRINT IN HERE........FO'...N. IOWA'S SELECTION.......BRAWK!

...AN' DUH SEERS UH AGS....VOTED 57-5....MIZZ STATE TA CONTINUE........BUT DEY'RE LOSS WAS EXPECTED.......GOT IT LADS...AWK!

......LET'S WAIT AN' PLAY DUH SAC STATE GAME........B/4.............GIVIN' IT TA DUH VALLEY.........AWQ!

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2021, 08:34 AM
Since we're not talking about anything related to this game in this thread anyway let's shift the conversation to fake FGs. ;)

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2021, 08:37 AM
xlolxxnodx......AWK!

Houndawg
November 30th, 2021, 08:45 AM
...SO WE'RE SAYIN'....6-5......SHOODN'T HAVE BEEN ALLOWED...NOW.......BUT DEY'RE IS...MILES UH PRINT IN HERE........FO'...N. IOWA'S SELECTION.......BRAWK!

...AN' DUH SEERS UH AGS....VOTED 57-5....MIZZ STATE TA CONTINUE........BUT DEY'RE LOSS WAS EXPECTED.......GOT IT LADS...AWK!

......LET'S WAIT AN' PLAY DUH SAC STATE GAME........B/4.............GIVIN' IT TA DUH VALLEY.........AWQ!

Of the four MVFC squads that will have lost by this Sunday, two of them lost to other MVFC teams. xcoffeex

Envy is such an ugly emotion.......

semobison
November 30th, 2021, 08:48 AM

...AN' DUH SEERS UH AGS....VOTED 57-5....MIZZ STATE TA CONTINUE...........AWK!

UNI holds EWU to their lowest point total of the season.
Misery State turned the ball over 6 times and lost by one point.

Not a great weekend for the Valley but the only real ugly loss was by...da Bears!

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 09:15 AM
Of the four MVFC squads that will have lost by this Sunday, two of them lost to other MVFC teams.
Seems as if you’re advocating that those infra-conference Playoff L’s don’t or shouldn’t count.

Cool. Then, it would only make sense that those intra-conference Playoff W’s shouldn’t count either.

MVFC Playoff Record, after Saturday, using the Houndawg system, will be 2-2 (.500) or 1-3 (.250).

SPECTACULAR!

F'N Hawks
November 30th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Guys, I know its blasphemous to say anything about the THE VALLEY but it was down this year. We got six teams in because the rest of the FCS was down as well. I think the effects from the portal and covid are showing up on rosters.

When you look at MVFC teams, who was actually better this fall vs the spring or fall of 2019? MSU for sure and maybe USD (but USD wasn't much better, they got lucky on a hail mary or would've been out at 6-5). SIU is same as they were, 7-4.

NDSU, SDSU, ISUR, UNI were all down or static at best.

Chalupa Batman
November 30th, 2021, 09:31 AM
Somehow travelling to the #4 ranked team in the final AGS poll (which we all unbiasedly say is the best poll) and losing by 10 is proof that a team shouldn't have been in the playoff field? Glad that's cleared up.

Chalupa Batman
November 30th, 2021, 09:35 AM
Guys, I know its blasphemous to say anything about the THE VALLEY but it was down this year. We got six teams in because the rest of the FCS was down as well. I think the effects from the portal and covid are showing up on rosters.

When you look at MVFC teams, who was actually better this fall vs the spring or fall of 2019? MSU for sure and maybe USD (but USD wasn't much better, they got lucky on a hail mary or would've been out at 6-5). SIU is same as they were, 7-4.

Just think if we didn't add UND to the league to pad their win totals, the Valley would really be down!

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2021, 09:41 AM

I don't believe for one minute that FCS is down. There are more teams that have raised their game in the last 5 years. Where were Missouri St, SIU, UNI and USD 5 years ago? MSU 4-7, SIU 4-7, USD 4-7, UNI 5-6. Youngstown and Illinois St are down. The balance changes from year to year.

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2021, 09:51 AM

If you watched the selection show, the Committee Chair, from the CAA, said UNI went in because they had 3 wins against teams in the field. Who would have done better against EWU, of the 10 - 7 win teams?

Monmouth?
EKU?
Mercer? 6 FCS wins
Rhode Island?
Duquense? 6 DI wins
Bryant?
San Diego?
St Thomas? Lost to UNI 44-3
Morehead St? 6 D1 wins
Alabama A&M?

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 10:04 AM
We’ll never know what Teams with better records / resumes than UNI would have done vs. EWU or any other Playoff Team.

What we do know, as an immutable fact, is that the 5 loss MVFC Team that the Playoff Selection Committee chose to entitle with an At-Large bid to the Playoffs got waxed by double digits, by another At-Large, unseeded Team that had so little respect for the Panthers Offense that they gave them 2 points and the ball with almost 4 minutes left to play.

These are objective facts. All else is merely subjective opinion & conjecture.

CobbFC09
November 30th, 2021, 10:15 AM
I voted North Dakota State as it seems easier to fly into Fargo vs. St. Louis (?) if the Owls beat ETSU this weekend.

Chalupa Batman
November 30th, 2021, 10:49 AM
We’ll never know what Teams with better records / resumes than UNI would have done vs. EWU or any other Playoff Team.

What we do know, as an immutable fact, is that the 5 loss MVFC Team that the Playoff Selection Committee chose to entitle with an At-Large bid to the Playoffs got waxed by double digits, by another At-Large, unseeded Team that had so little respect for the Panthers Offense that they gave them 2 points and the ball with almost 4 minutes left to play.

Since we're dealing in immutable facts, let's get some more out there. A 7 win SOCON team that the Playoff Selection Committee chose not to entitle with an At-Large bid to the playoffs got xxxxxxed (if losing by 10 is getting waxed I don't think I can insert a proper adjective describing how bad losing by 38 is) by another team the Playoff Selection Committee chose not to entitle with an At-Large bid to the playoffs. Also an immutable fact, the 5 loss MVFC team lost those 5 games by a combined 47 points, which includes 3 playoff teams and a bowl bound FCS team. Also an immutable fact, is the 7 win SOCON team that the Playoff Selection Committee chose not to entitle with an At-Large bid to the playoffs, won their 6 D1 games against teams that won a combined 24 D1 games, and the 6 win MVFC team that the Playoff Selection Committee chose to entitle with an At-Large bid to the playoffs, won their 6 D1 games against teams that won a combined 36 D1 games.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 11:15 AM
It is a fact that subjective decisions, regardless of the adequacy of those subjective decisions, can, in almost all instances, seem well-justified with a recitation of carefully curated objective facts.

The adequacy of such decisions can only be objectively evaluated by the factual consequences or outcomes of the decisions.

The adequacy of alternative decisions not made cannot be objectively evaluated because there are no factual consequences or outcomes to evaluate.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2021, 11:30 AM
Seems as if you’re advocating that those infra-conference Playoff L’s don’t or shouldn’t count.

Cool. Then, it would only make sense that those intra-conference Playoff W’s shouldn’t count either.

MVFC Playoff Record, after Saturday, using the Houndawg system, will be 2-2 (.500) or 1-3 (.250).

SPECTACULAR!

Sounds like your reading comprehension is a little weak at the context end

Houndawg
November 30th, 2021, 11:32 AM
If you watched the selection show, the Committee Chair, from the CAA, said UNI went in because they had 3 wins against teams in the field. Who would have done better against EWU, of the 10 - 7 win teams?

Monmouth?
EKU?
Mercer? 6 FCS wins
Rhode Island?
Duquense? 6 DI wins
Bryant?
San Diego?
St Thomas? Lost to UNI 44-3
Morehead St? 6 D1 wins
Alabama A&M?

EWU drops 70 on any of the above

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 11:38 AM
Are Playoff L’s with a high number of forced turnovers by the losing team written in italics? “L”

​Do Playoff L’s to another Team from the same conference get recorded in lower case? “l”

FUBeAR fails to understand the seemingly compulsive need to qualify Playoff L’s in some way. I guess it’s a some form of coping technique.

semobison
November 30th, 2021, 11:42 AM

UNI held EWU to their lowest scoring output of the season! UNI pounded seeded Sac State! Those are facts!

Chalupa Batman
November 30th, 2021, 03:09 PM
It is a fact that subjective decisions, regardless of the adequacy of those subjective decisions, can, in almost all instances, seem well-justified with a recitation of carefully curated objective facts.

The adequacy of such decisions can only be objectively evaluated by the factual consequences or outcomes of the decisions.

The adequacy of alternative decisions not made cannot be objectively evaluated because there are no factual consequences or outcomes to evaluate.

And just because YOU don't agree with the adequacy of those decisions, doesn't mean that it was the best decision. It doesn't guarantee that it was either, but when a group of unbiased people (at least they are supposed to be, and I don't doubt they are) can get together and make a decision, it's usually going to be a better decision than what 1 biased person would make.

The moral of this whole story is: If you are a team that has flaws on your resume that puts you on the bubble, and you are being compared with other teams that have flaws of their own, you have no one to blame but yourselves if the decision makers don't choose you. I would say the same to UNI fans as well if Mercer was in and the Panthers were left out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Back to the freaking game:

North Dakota State Hosts Southern Illinois Saturday in FCS Second Round - NDSU (gobison.com) (https://gobison.com/news/2021/11/29/football-north-dakota-state-hosts-southern-illinois-saturday-in-fcs-second-round.aspx)

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2021, 04:38 PM

We know this one: St Thomas? Lost to UNI 44-3

HootyHoo
November 30th, 2021, 04:51 PM
The UNI vs the field has been a dead horse for a while now. UNI deserved the berth and proved it vs EWU. Hooty loves to crap on the panthers as the best 5 loss team every year. But they just might actually be that his time.

Now for the game. Bison you best not loose. Our date with destiny is only 10-11 days away. Hooty has been waiting to go to Fargo for 7 years. It's time. Don't mess it up.

Chalupa Batman
November 30th, 2021, 05:02 PM
The UNI vs the field has been a dead horse for a while now. UNI deserved the berth and proved it vs EWU. Hooty loves to crap on the panthers as the best 5 loss team every year. But they just might actually be that his time.

Now for the game. Bison you best not loose. Our date with destiny is only 10-11 days away. Hooty has been waiting to go to Fargo for 7 years. It's time. Don't mess it up.

Third times a charm for the Owls.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 05:12 PM
Our date with destiny is only 10-11 days away.
Most fans aren’t this passionate about Equipment Turn-In Day, but you keep doin’ you, Hooootie.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2021, 05:35 PM
Are Playoff L’s with a high number of forced turnovers by the losing team written in italics? “L”

​Do Playoff L’s to another Team from the same conference get recorded in lower case? “l”

FUBeAR fails to understand the seemingly compulsive need to qualify Playoff L’s in some way. I guess it’s a some form of coping technique.

Its just you being more interested at the sound of your own verbal flatulence than in the topic of the thread.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2021, 05:39 PM

Take the number of points they score on the Dawgs and double it. Thats the lower bound of how many points you'll lose by.xcoffeex

Bison56
November 30th, 2021, 06:43 PM
Most fans aren’t this passionate about Equipment Turn-In Day, but you keep doin’ you, Hooootie.

xlolx best post I've seen in awhile.

HootyHoo
November 30th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Take the number of points they score on the Dawgs and double it. Thats the lower bound of how many points you'll lose by.xcoffeex

Hooty is looking forward to proving that KSU is not a high school program. You guys actually think your going to blow us out by 50. Why? Because that’s what Sam Houston did? We’re not them. Perhaps we will lose, but the Owls will be competitive.

Let’s be completely honest, The Bison have one pro player. Watson. He’s legit. But this isn’t 5 years ago when you had pros all over the field.

Hooty does not respect your head coach. KSU has a clear advantage in coaching. If the Owls can keep it close in the 4th. Entz will flinch.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2021, 07:12 PM
Hooty is looking forward to proving that KSU is not a high school program. You guys actually think your going to blow us out by 50. Why? Because that’s what Sam Houston did? We’re not them. Perhaps we will lose, but the Owls will be competitive.

Let’s be completely honest, The Bison have one pro player. Watson. He’s legit. But this isn’t 5 years ago when you had pros all over the field.

Hooty does not respect your head coach. KSU has a clear advantage in coaching. If the Owls can keep it close in the 4th. Entz will flinch.
Lol... the **** you're throwing against the wall when it comes to talent evaluation for the Bison ain't sticking. Try again.

POD Knows
November 30th, 2021, 07:14 PM

Hoo are you talking to. Houndy is a SIU fan. Get your **** together dude. 😀

HootyHoo
November 30th, 2021, 07:25 PM
Lol... the **** you're throwing against the wall when it comes to talent evaluation for the Bison ain't sticking. Try again.

Hooty perused the roster and will admit there are two players that catch my eye. The TE is massive. That’s a matchup nightmare for us, is he a good receiver or glorified tackle? And speaking of, the Left Tackle looks like a player as well.

But to be fair to Hooty. That seems to be it for the Bison and pro prospects.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2021, 07:39 PM
Hooty perused the roster and will admit there are two players that catch my eye. The TE is massive. That’s a matchup nightmare for us, is he a good receiver or glorified tackle? And speaking of, the Left Tackle looks like a player as well.

RT Cordell Volson, TE Noah Gindorff, and TE Josh Babicz will all get NFL contracts if they're not drafted next April in addition to Watson. LT Mauch is 1st team all-conference as is FB Hunter Luepke (who's part RB) and when they're done they both could have shots in the pros I'd say. This is the most talented offensive group the Bison have ever fielded I'd say. They just haven't had a QB in the spring and in the first 8+ games of the fall to utilize all that offensive talent. If the QB Miller keeps playing as well as he is the Bison will be a buzzsaw in the playoffs. Overall I'd say the defense isn't as talented as the offense but they've got a ton of veteran players and they've played more consistent as a unit all fall. I'd say in order to beat the Bison in the playoffs the opponent will need to control the ball on offense and rattle Miller on defense.

HootyHoo
November 30th, 2021, 08:24 PM
RT Cordell Volson, TE Noah Gindorff, and TE Josh Babicz will all get NFL contracts if they're not drafted next April in addition to Watson. LT Mauch is 1st team all-conference as is FB Hunter Luepke (who's part RB) and when they're done they both could have shots in the pros I'd say. This is the most talented offensive group the Bison have ever fielded I'd say. They just haven't had a QB in the spring and in the first 8+ games of the fall to utilize all that offensive talent. If the QB Miller keeps playing as well as he is the Bison will be a buzzsaw in the playoffs. Overall I'd say the defense isn't as talented as the offense but they've got a ton of veteran players and they've played more consistent as a unit all fall. I'd say in order to beat the Bison in the playoffs the opponent will need to control the ball on offense and rattle Miller on defense.

Yes, Grindoff and Volson are the ones that stood out. So it’s going to be 11 personnel with a steady dose Luepke with PA passes to Watson over the top. That does not sound fun.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2021, 09:14 PM
Yes, Grindoff and Volson are the ones that stood out. So it’s going to be 11 personnel with a steady dose Luepke with PA passes to Watson over the top. That does not sound fun.

They'll pound it between the tackles and then play action, football 101. Its like the pick and roll with Malone and Stockton - you know its coming but they do it anyway. And they'll take a chance with fake fg/punt/onside kick stuff

UpstateBison
November 30th, 2021, 09:32 PM

Babicz is the all conference tight end. No different than Gindorff but you will learn our 22 personnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chalupa Batman
November 30th, 2021, 09:41 PM

Any given year we’ve only had a small handful of pros, I’m sure someone else might know what the most we’ve had at one time is.

Who are the pros on the Owls roster I should be watching for this weekend?

ScrappytheOwl
November 30th, 2021, 10:40 PM
Assuming we get by ETSU, I am defintiely concerned with the matchup with NDST. In my opinion, KSU's defense matches up nicely with NDSTs offense. Defensively keep your eye on Evan Thompson (lber). He is a tackling machine and is all over the field. Also KSU has a stout defensive line. NDST defense seems to be built to stop the run game which does not bode well for KSU. Overall, KSU will only go as far as Xavier Shepherd (QB) takes us. He is the best player on the roster for KSU. He leads the FCS in rushing touchdowns but has had problems with turn overs in the past. Hopefully he grows out of that as he is only a sophmore. KSU has added an air element (the owl raid) to their game this year that may be useful to unleash against NDST. It would be quite the feat to go into fargo and take NDST down but that may be too tall a mountain to climb.

HootyHoo
November 30th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Any given year we’ve only had a small handful of pros, I’m sure someone else might know what the most we’ve had at one time is.

Who are the pros on the Owls roster I should be watching for this weekend?

Well since we haven't had a player drafted probably none. But there are a few with a chance at playing pro ball. On offense, Xavier Hill and Shepherd are the most talented. On defense, i'd say Javaan Singletary and Welton Spottsville are the two guys who stand out athletically. Not our best players on D tho, that is Evan Thompson.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2021, 05:42 AM

Power run game, PA passing and gap sound tough defense. 8 National Titles speaks for itself as for a winning formula.

"Fun"....? Damn, right it is!!

WeAreThePride
December 1st, 2021, 05:56 AM

We don't mess it up? Son, your playoff record is impressive for a startup, but you've ended every season with a loss. I would recommend your team take care of business on the road this weekend before they start booking tickets to Fargo.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2021, 07:50 AM
NDSU: -13.5

Bison cover.

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2021, 01:55 PM
We don't mess it up? Son, your playoff record is impressive for a startup, but you've ended every season with a loss. I would recommend your team take care of business on the road this weekend before they start booking tickets to Fargo.

Since Hooty's father is an inreasingly overweight Great Horned Owl who lives in the hayloft of a barn. Hooty is pretty sure he is not your son. Don't worry abouth the Owls, ending the SOCON season is what we do.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2021, 07:26 AM
Experience has been gold for Bison QB Cam Miller | INFORUM (https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7303193-Experience-has-been-gold-for-Bison-QB-Cam-Miller)

NDSU QB getting better with more reps.

1992Bison
December 2nd, 2021, 10:23 AM
NDSU was down in the fall compared to the spring? Da hell you talking about.

1992Bison
December 2nd, 2021, 10:32 AM
easy money, playoff football in the dome is a whole new level for most teams when they come for the first time.

1992Bison
December 2nd, 2021, 10:39 AM
Damn I'm a bison homer like no other but this offense isn't even close to some the talent we've had in the past IMO. This years o-line is above average at best, took us all season to finally have a RB assert himself and our QB has started what like 6 games in his career? We do have some NFL guys that you listed but nobody is confusing Cody Mauch with Billy, Joe or Dillon. Defensively we are on point with no real issues, say healthy and ride the d-line to another Natty.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2021, 10:51 AM
Damn I'm a bison homer like no other but this offense isn't even close to some the talent we've had in the past IMO. This years o-line is above average at best, took us all season to finally have a RB assert himself and our QB has started what like 6 games in his career? We do have some NFL guys that you listed but nobody is confusing Cody Mauch with Billy, Joe or Dillon. Defensively we are on point with no real issues, say healthy and ride the d-line to another Natty.
Mauch is likely going to be a 3-time All-MVFC lineman since he's coming back next year. He's very good. He and Volson are as solid of a tandem of book-ends as NDSU has had since 2013 IMO. The o-line has had some games where they've looked very average this year but, despite that, NDSU averaged 6.35 yards per carry as a team on the year. That's better than any regular season in the D1 era other than 2019 and was almost a full yard higher than the 2013 team's regular season ypc average. We like to put our past championship teams on a pedestal but I think when we look back on this team in 5 years we're going to see an offense with talent that rivals any offense NDSU has fielded in the D1 era.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2021, 12:42 PM

Disagree. This is probably our best WR corp we've had in the D1 era. OL is finding its groove now, which is when you want to be firing on all cylinders. And we've always had RB by committee except in John Crockett's senior year. TW will be the playoff workhorse IMO. And the yards/carry is pretty impressive considering every team stacks the box to stop the run.

WeAreThePride
December 2nd, 2021, 05:05 PM
Mauch is likely going to be a 3-time All-MVFC lineman since he's coming back next year. He's very good. He and Volson are as solid of a tandem of book-ends as NDSU has had since 2013 IMO. The o-line has had some games where they've looked very average this year but, despite that, NDSU averaged 6.35 yards per carry as a team on the year. That's better than any regular season in the D1 era other than 2019 and was almost a full yard higher than the 2013 team's regular season ypc average. We like to put our past championship teams on a pedestal but I think when we look back on this team in 5 years we're going to see an offense with talent that rivals any offense NDSU has fielded in the D1 era.
That's a great point about canonizing past teams. And to be fair, it's hard not to when we've had 3 straight quarterbacks drafted and three undefeated teams.

This team has tremendous offensive talent. A pair of TEs that will get NFL looks, Watson who's easily the best receiver in the FCS, and a stable of running backs deeper than the Kola Borehole.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2021, 05:13 PM
SIU coach is always ready for the Bison, which is why I'm thinking a close game.

Houndawg
December 2nd, 2021, 06:03 PM
That's a great point about canonizing past teams. And to be fair, it's hard not to when we've had 3 straight quarterbacks drafted and three undefeated teams.

This team has tremendous offensive talent. A pair of TEs that will get NFL looks, Watson who's easily the best receiver in the FCS, and a stable of running backs deeper than the Kola Borehole.

This would have been a great match up with James Ceasar, first team AA CB

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 06:56 PM

I didn’t watch a whole lot of Bison this year but Watson jumped out real quick as a talent

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2021, 06:53 AM
I didn’t watch a whole lot of Bison this year but Watson jumped out real quick as a talent

The OC has actually done a pretty decent job of trying to get him touches. WR, RB, Slot, HB....he's been used in numerous positions this year.

This game is going to be a huge difference compared to the spring game at their place with poor attendance.

NDSU's DL is playing their best ball now. They rotate 10 guys and stay fresh.

NDSU will win this in the line play on both sides of the ball.

POD Knows
December 3rd, 2021, 09:20 AM
Sounds like there is only 12000 tickets sold for this game. People bored with all the winning I guess. This is a conference mate in the playoffs and we can’t fill the place. Pretty sad and sends the wrong message to our team IMNHO.

We got our 9 tickets and will be there hopefully for all the playoff games if there are more.

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 09:23 AM
We got our 9 tickets and will be there hopefully for all the playoff games if there are more.

If?

You mean you haven’t purchased your KSU @ NDSU tickets yet? Surely they’ve already been printed.

FUBeAR checked Kennesaw’s website this morning & they already have the @ NDSU game listed on their schedule.

POD Knows
December 3rd, 2021, 09:34 AM
If?

You mean you haven’t purchased your KSU @ NDSU tickets yet? Surely they’ve already been printed.

FUBeAR checked Kennesaw’s website this morning & they already have the @ NDSU game listed on their schedule.
I won’t be shocked at all if NDSU loses. They are playing a lot better football now that they were earlier in the year but we got boat raced by these guys last spring and the personnel is about the same. This game is not a slam dunk by any means

I break with my Bison brethren with respect to the Bison D. The points against numbers are good but look at the schedule and look at the “good” offensive teams we played. The front 7 is good against the run but the “back” 7 is extremely vulnerable to teams that can throw the ball. Our D line can bring a lot of pressure but if teams were patient and stick to a quick passing game they can be exposed.

My gut tells me that the Bison win this game, maybe by a lot but the spring game with SIU isn’t far enough in the rear view mirror for me yet

Houndawg
December 3rd, 2021, 09:58 AM
I won’t be shocked at all if NDSU loses. They are playing a lot better football now that they were earlier in the year but we got boat raced by these guys last spring and the personnel is about the same. This game is not a slam dunk by any means

I break with my Bison brethren with respect to the Bison D. The points against numbers are good but look at the schedule and look at the “good” offensive teams we played. The front 7 is good against the run but the “back” 7 is extremely vulnerable to teams that can throw the ball. Our D line can bring a lot of pressure but if teams were patient and stick to a quick passing game they can be exposed.

My gut tells me that the Bison win this game, maybe by a lot but the spring game with SIU isn’t far enough in the rear view mirror for me yet

If we can give Baker enough time to throw to make it a track meet I'd see upset potential but we'd have to get rich quick often to make up for the d being gassed and that is doubtful against the well-rested best defense in the FCS

POD Knows
December 3rd, 2021, 10:23 AM
If we can give Baker enough time to throw to make it a track meet I'd see upset potential but we'd have to get rich quick often to make up for the d being gassed and that is doubtful against the well-rested best defense in the FCS
The NDSU O needs to keep you off the field. We have t really been a ball possession team this year. It is a little different offense than past Bison teams.

Quick slants and outs, get the ball out quick, under 2 seconds, is how you beat them. Particularly throws on first and second down. Our MLB is very good against the run, not so much in the passing game. Our CB’s are not shut down CB’s and not that physical. They will play soft most of the game. We have pretty good safeties, particularly against the run, but are average to above average against the pass

It sounds easier than it is to execute but run heavy teams do not fair well against us generally.

Anyway. Hope for a good game although I prefer blowouts but I don’t think that will happen but SIU is hard to figure.

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2021, 10:34 AM
What's the snow forecast for Saturday, as for fans driving in from more that 100 miles away.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2021, 11:09 AM
What's the snow forecast for Saturday, as for fans driving in from more that 100 miles away.
Snow supposed to start in the evening tomorrow and continue into Sunday. Just a few inches but sounds like wind will be the biggest issue. If you're driving east after you should be able to get out ahead of it. Anyone driving west or waiting until Sunday to head out might have some ugly roads.

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2021, 11:10 AM
Snow supposed to start in the early evening and continue into Sunday. Just a few inches but sounds like wind will be the biggest issue it sounds like. If you're driving east after you should be able to get out ahead of it. Anyone driving west or waiting until Sunday to head out might have some ugly roads.

Thanks PC

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2021, 01:35 PM

I'll disagree with you. NDSU's defense is pretty darn good. Our secondary might be the "weakest" part of the defense but still pretty good. Bison only give up 177 yards/game. The lone loss to SDSU, the Bison gave up only 168 yards passing.

Missouri State with the best QB in the league: 189

I agree that the secondary is probably the weakest of the 3 levels but they are still good.

** The most passing yards the Bison gave up was 257 against UNI **

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2021, 04:47 AM
NDSU_Football_Notes_20211129.pdf (https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/gobison.sidearmsports.com/documents/2021/11/29/NDSU_Football_Notes_20211129.pdf)

NDSU has won 35 straight games after a bye week.

Interesting stat:

SIU's 3rd down efficiency: .345%
NDSU's 3rd down defense: .265%

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2021, 09:27 AM
Ready to go check out the tailgate!

Bison are playing their best ball right now. 2 weeks off. 35-0 after a bye week.

Bison win 35-13

AmsterBison
December 4th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Has anybody posted NDSU's hype video for this weekend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHjmZIOYf6A

BisonBacker
December 4th, 2021, 09:53 AM
Bison lose. Revenge seekers are disappointed.

Are you trying to give a lesson in how to sandbag LOL

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 09:55 AM
Bison are going to need some type of uniform gimmick to win this game. All yellow or surrender whites with harvest helmet or something

Scars from the spring have not healed. PTSD is the acronym of the day. Bison start slow and finish slower

SIU 28
NDSU 13

Bet it all, double down, hit that 14, trust your gut. #BOOKIT

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 10:01 AM
Are you trying to give a lesson in how to sandbag LOL
No sandbagging. Just the plain painful truth about what happens when somebody gets their wish fulfilled. It often times isn’t always good or what they expected. #BOOKIT.

BisonBacker
December 4th, 2021, 10:40 AM
No sandbagging. Just the plain painful truth about what happens when somebody gets their wish fulfilled. It often times isn’t always good or what they expected. #BOOKIT.

xlolx The "BOOKIT" confirmed the sandbagging xlolx

Houndawg
December 4th, 2021, 10:46 AM
xlolx The "BOOKIT" confirmed the sandbagging xlolx

xlolx

SIU has, maybe, a puncher's chance.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 11:13 AM
xlolx

You have a little more than a punchers chance. I'm impressed with your guys' relentlessness and I'm sure that will be on display today. The ability to throw it up to Lenoir or Cox at any time keeps me from feeling too comfortable.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 11:30 AM
xlolx

How high will the splatter shield be today?

I say 10 feet oughta keep the blood and guts off the fans

Houndawg
December 4th, 2021, 12:43 PM
You have a little more than a punchers chance. I'm impressed with your guys' relentlessness and I'm sure that will be on display today. The ability to throw it up to Lenoir or Cox at any time keeps me from feeling too comfortable.

6-1 before our bye, 1-3 after. We peaked early and we don't have the guy back that can shut down Watson, otherwise I'd homer up with the upset prediction:(

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 12:58 PM
6-1 before our bye, 1-3 after. We peaked early and we don't have the guy back that can shut down Watson, otherwise I'd homer up with the upset prediction:(
He isn’t playing today. Injured. Somebody on Bisonville said that so it must be right. Other wide out Sproles is out too. Maybe starting OLB as well. Some local sports reporter has now tossed that out there.

Houndawg
December 4th, 2021, 01:10 PM
He isn’t playing today. Injured. Somebody on Bisonville said that so it must be right. Other wide out Sproles is out too. Maybe starting OLB as well. Some local sports reporter has now tossed that out there.

well, if you heard it on the internet.....

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 01:41 PM

Dom Izzo posted that the flu is going through the NDSU team and several players will not play. No mention of names.

Jeff Kolpack mentioned Watson and Sproles may not play but Sproles was put warming up.

Dewey

skinny_uncle
December 4th, 2021, 02:09 PM

The Salukis took a step back after their starting center got hurt. It led to Baker having to scramble more.

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2021, 02:19 PM
WR Sproles in. WR Watson, LB Cox, DL Will Moestart all out.

skinny_uncle
December 4th, 2021, 02:32 PM
Cox is out. Not good.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 02:37 PM
Cox is out. Not good.

We’re rocking out with both of our Cox out?

Bison56
December 4th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Both Cox out? Is that legal?

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Both Cox out? Is that legal?

Sword fight on the sidelines

skinny_uncle
December 4th, 2021, 02:45 PM
Bison score first.
NDSU 7 SIU 0.

TheKingpin28
December 4th, 2021, 02:46 PM
Sword fight on the sidelinesBoth teams showing Harambe the respect he deserves.

Methodical drive by the Bison there.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 4th, 2021, 02:57 PM
That's how you utilize QP2. When you need a short yard gain and let him pound that rock down the field. He's not a passing QB but it's hard to tackle a 6' 3" 245lbs "QB" in the open field that has good speed for his size.

skinny_uncle
December 4th, 2021, 02:59 PM
FG.
NDSU 10 SIU 0

TheKingpin28
December 4th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Glad to see Roadwarrior get the respect he deserves by the ESPN media.

skinny_uncle
December 4th, 2021, 03:11 PM
TD pass to Lenoir.
NDSU 10 SIU 7.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 03:16 PM
These announcers are terrible. I keep thinking the sound went out on my feed.

ElCid
December 4th, 2021, 03:17 PM
These announcers are terrible. I keep thinking the sound went out on my feed.

I haven't seen a game all season with good announcers.

skinny_uncle
December 4th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Williams with a 1 yard TD run
NDSU 17 SIU 7

TheKingpin28
December 4th, 2021, 03:35 PM
NDSU allowing TaMerik to be the lead back has led to the resurgence of Kobe Johnson.

Great way to give Gonnella and Luepke a chance for more rest.

skinny_uncle
December 4th, 2021, 03:40 PM
Miller runs for a TD
NDSU 24 SIU 7.

skinny_uncle
December 4th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Bison 31 Salukis 7.
The Dawgs can't win in Domes.

WeAreThePride
December 4th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Well well well.

How the turntables... have turned.

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2021, 06:06 PM
Do you want to win or not. Please run the ball. Make my day.

*checks rushing stats*

CPMPride
December 4th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Well that was a bit of a beating. Those game stats were nuts

ysubigred
December 4th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Bison 31 Salukis 7.
The Dawgs can't win in Domes.Don't feel bad.. YSU has trouble anywhere..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 06:28 PM
*checks rushing stats*
Teams that think they are going to come in here and the the ball consistently are delusional.

I told these guys to spread the field, 5 wide and quick passes.

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2021, 06:31 PM
Teams that think they are going to come in here and the the ball consistently are delusional.

I told these guys to spread the field, 5 wide and quick passes.

Yup.....only potential negative is really quick drives/3 n outs if you don't convert.....but the Bison don't own TOP anymore like they used to anyway. If you are one dimensional....especially running the ball.....forget it.

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 06:32 PM
*checks rushing stats*
They wasted 26 plays running the ball. They somehow got 60 yards. When the hell did that happen.

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2021, 06:37 PM
They wasted 26 plays running the ball. They somehow got 60 yards. When the hell did that happen.

21 of those yards were on the last drive.

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 06:40 PM
Yup.....only potential negative is really quick drives/3 n outs if you don't convert.....but the Bison don't own TOP anymore like they used to anyway. If you are one dimensional....especially running the ball.....forget it.

At the half NDSU had about 21.5 minutes to SIU's 8.5. I am not sure on the final stats bit the 1st half was pretty impressive.

Dewey

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 07:03 PM
21 of those yards were on the last drive.
Yea. I thought it was like 30 yards or something. I sort of quit paying attention at the end except to boo when they were calling timeouts with 12 seconds left in the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2021, 07:27 PM
Just back from this complete dismantling.

This game wasn't as close as the score. The OL mauled the SIU defense all game long. The Bison defense came to play and SIU got a good chunk of their yardage in garbage time when this game was decided.

Bison: 62 carries for 389 yards. 6.3 yards/carry

On to the quarterfinals!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2021, 07:28 PM
Yea. I thought it was like 30 yards or something. I sort of quit paying attention at the end except to boo when they were calling timeouts with 12 seconds left in the game.

I was booing also. Kept their 1st team offense in against our 2nds and 3rds on defense.....and the backups still stopped them.....xlolx

Our backups could have beaten this team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2021, 07:51 PM
Game summary from Fargo Forum: Bison overpower Southern Illinois, roll into FCS quarterfinals for 12th consecutive season | INFORUM (https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7309367-Bison-overpower-Southern-Illinois-roll-into-FCS-quarterfinals-for-12th-consecutive-season)

And this: Kolpack: Bison offensive freight train flattens Salukis | INFORUM (https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7309348-Kolpack-Bison-offensive-freight-train-flattens-Salukis)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2021, 08:03 PM
NDSU_Football_Notes_20211129.pdf (https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/gobison.sidearmsports.com/documents/2021/11/29/NDSU_Football_Notes_20211129.pdf)

NDSU has won 35 straight games after a bye week.

Interesting stat:

SIU's 3rd down efficiency: .345%
NDSU's 3rd down defense: .265%

Hats off to the Bison defense: SIU - 2/13 on 3rd down

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2021, 09:51 PM

Good call.

26 carries
61 yards

Houndawg
December 4th, 2021, 10:29 PM
Definitely wasn't our day and I guess one good boatrace deserves another. Congratulations to the Bison and good luck the rest of the way. See you next year!

TennBison
December 5th, 2021, 12:14 AM
NDSU is in the quarterfinals with one loss. The only reason they don't own the TOP like we did in the past is because we score to quick.

Gil Dobie
December 5th, 2021, 12:25 AM
Glad my gut feeling was wrong. Fun afternoon at the dome.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2021, 06:42 AM
Kind of interesting looking through the box score and seeing how NDSU's offense did what they did with basically zero explosive plays. Biggest play of the game for them was Quincy Patterson's 32 yard TD run in garbage time. This Bison offense has been ripping off big plays with regularity the last couple games before this one but dominated yesterday even without those.

That said the receiving corps keeps getting lighter which is concerning. If Watson's hamstring was serious enough to keep him out of a playoff game I have to imagine his status for next week is iffy. And it looked like Gindorff's injury was a season ender.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2021, 06:50 AM
Kind of interesting looking through the box score and seeing how NDSU's offense did what they did with basically zero explosive plays. Biggest play of the game for them was Quincy Patterson's 32 yard TD run in garbage time. This Bison offense has been ripping off big plays with regularity the last couple games before this one but dominated yesterday even without those.

That said the receiving corps keeps getting lighter which is concerning. If Watson's hamstring was serious enough to keep him out of a playoff game I have to imagine his status for next week is iffy. And it looked like Gindorff's injury was a season ender.

This game was over after watching the 1st NDSU drive and they were blowing SIU completely off the LOS.

USD and SIU supposedly had decent defenses. Both got manhandled easily.

There are capable WRs to pass to even w/o Watson. NDSU just didn't need to pass yesterday to win. But he is a huge weapon teams have to scheme for. Hopefully he is back soon.

BisonBacker
December 5th, 2021, 08:06 AM

Since Hooty's father is an inreasingly overweight Great Horned Owl who lives in the hayloft of a barn. Hooty is pretty sure he is not your son. Don't worry abouth the Owls, ending the SOCON season is what we do.

I stopped in yesterday before the game to give this thread a read and came across these gems. I know it's low hanging fruit but it's still funny.

Houndawg
December 5th, 2021, 09:37 AM
I was booing also. Kept their 1st team offense in against our 2nds and 3rds on defense.....and the backups still stopped them.....xlolx

Our backups could have beaten this team.

Your starters are 1-1 against them this year.xcoffeex

Houndawg
December 5th, 2021, 09:46 AM

I think I mentioned in a different thread that we didn't have much chance without winning the first half TOP. I hate to be so right sometimes

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2021, 09:57 AM
I think I mentioned in a different thread that we didn't have much chance without winning the first half TOP. I hate to be so right sometimes
When NDSU went on that 7+ minute TD drive after SIU had gotten to with 3 in the early 2nd quarter I think it broke the Saluki defense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2021, 10:01 AM
Your starters are 1-1 against them this year.xcoffeex

Hold that up as a badge of honor then....xrolleyesxxlolx

SIU caught lightning in a bottle in the funky spring season but what I saw yesterday from then is not much more than the team that got curb stomped in '18. Yesterday was basically the same thing.

AmsterBison
December 5th, 2021, 10:14 AM
Definitely wasn't our day and I guess one good boatrace deserves another. Congratulations to the Bison and good luck the rest of the way. See you next year!

Yeah, in the postseason things seem to snowball too. SIU ended the longest winning streak in FCS history and gave NDSU a thorough beating - the worst since Cal Poly in 2005. That first thing will be in the record books forever.

NDSU's four worst beat downs since joining the FCS (the only games NDSU has lost by more than two scores):

In 2005, Cal Poly beat NDSU 37-6. The next year NDSU beat them by 37.
In 2021 (2020 season), SIU beat NDSU 38-14, in 2021, NDSU won 38-7.
In 2014, UNI beat NDSU 23-3. In 2015, NDSU beat them twice, but not by much.
In 2009, Iowa State beat NDSU 34-17. The next time they played, NDSU won 34-14.

Back in D2,

In 1995, St. Cloud State beat NDSU 34-0. The next year NDSU beat them 34-0 (and 31-0 the year after that.)
In 1989, Nebraska-Omaha beat NDSU 27-7. The next year NDSU beat them 44-7.

UC Davis is the only team I can remember who put a pretty good whooping on NDSU and didn't get paid back in the following year's game.

Chalupa Batman
December 5th, 2021, 03:15 PM
I stopped in yesterday before the game to give this thread a read and came across these gems. I know it's low hanging fruit but it's still funny.

The real funny thing is, this isn't the first time the Owls lost the game that would've gotten them a trip to Fargo. In 2017 they lost to SHSU in the quarters before we beat them in the semis, in 2018 they lost to SDSU in the quarters before we beat them in the semis, and now this.

Houndawg
December 5th, 2021, 05:17 PM
When NDSU went on that 7+ minute TD drive after SIU had gotten to with 3 in the early 2nd quarter I think it broke the Saluki defense.

Big time - and the next time we showed any momentum the center snapped the ball past the QB while he wasn't looking.