PDA

View Full Version : McNeese/Southern game is cancelled....

buckp
August 30th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Just heard about it from the Lake Charles American Press.....:eek:

Do not know if it will be rescheduled. Hope to hear more tomorrow....:(

WCU LawCat
August 30th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Sad if it can not be played this year. Its a game that I am sure the players really look forward to.

Coastal89
August 30th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Tulane and LSU have both canceled their openers aswell.

Retro
August 30th, 2005, 08:49 PM
I have worked out a scenerio for the Mcneese / Southern game to be rescheduled.. Both teams have different open dates, but this can work with some cooperation from other SWAC teams, all of which would still have an open date.. Considering the circumstances we have been dealt, i hope we can work this out.

I have given this to the Mcneese A.D. and someone close to Southern to consider, so hopefully we can get it done.

1. Southern vs Alabama State Oct 1st.. Move this game to Nov 19th.. Both teams are off that week.

2. Alabama A&M vs. Texas Southern Oct 1st.. Move this game to Oct 8th.. Both teams are off that week.

3. Southern vs. Alabama A&M Oct 8th... Move this game to Oct 1st..

4. Mcneese vs. Southern now available for Oct 8th..

Retro
August 30th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I have also worked out a more likely scenerio to reschedule this game and not disrupt as many games and this does not inconvience any Swac teams..

1. Northwestern State vs. Sam Houston State, Scheduled for Oct 8th... Move this game to Oct 1st.. Both teams are off that weekend..

2. McNeese vs. Sam Houston State, Scheduled for Oct 29th.. Move this game to Oct 8th.. This is Mcneese's open week and Sam Houstons new open week after #1 above...

3. This free's up Oct 29th for Mcneese and Southern, because Southern is off that weekend.

I posted the SWAC version earlier because i knew they had more open dates to work with, but this scenerio is easier..

TexasTerror
August 31st, 2005, 08:57 AM
Again, unless McNeese wants to be our homecoming opponent at Bowers Stadium and give up their home game...this one won't be happening...

henfan
August 31st, 2005, 09:08 AM
How are things down in Baton Rouge and LC? Hope you and your families are safe.

89Hen
August 31st, 2005, 10:12 AM
"We at McNeese understand their feelings and concur with their decision as a gesture of respect for all of those affected by the tragic events brought on by the storm."

Something never uttered from a Maine fan two years ago.

buckp
August 31st, 2005, 10:35 AM
How are things down in Baton Rouge and LC? Hope you and your families are safe.

Everything is high and dry in Lake Charles; however there might be some damage in Baton Rouge. My brother, who teaches at Nicholls but evacuated to LC, was going today to see if there was any damage to his place in Thibodaux, LA (that's due west of New Orleans).

I was really getting excited about the football game this Saturday, but now with the cancellation (which I can understand why), I feel kinda' empty....:(

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 31st, 2005, 11:11 AM
Taken from the Baton Rouge Advocate

Southern has 20 players, along with three others from areas in Mississippi affected by the storm, on its roster. That doesn't include walk-ons or nonqualifers on campus. McNeese has 12 players from the New Orleans area.

During a Tuesday morning walkthrough, SU wide receiver Emile Bryant, from Higgins High in Westwego, paced under an upright slightly bent by Katrina in the south end zone, as he tried to reach family members on his cell phone.

SU punter Colby Miller, from Covington, and his girlfriend, from Lacombe, said he spent Monday night sleeping in his truck while trying to get back home to survey the damage at family members' homes.

According to the Lake Charles American-Press, McNeese tailback Steven Whitehead of Slidell, as of Tuesday afternoon, could not get in touch with his parents, who had chosen to ride out the hurricane.

Retro
August 31st, 2005, 01:25 PM
Again, unless McNeese wants to be our homecoming opponent at Bowers Stadium and give up their home game...this one won't be happening...

Thanks for your cooperation! :rolleyes:

BTW, SHS would only move their homecoming up 1 week.