PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall Playoffs Round 2: South Dakota State @ #4 Sacramento State

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2021, 05:33 PM
Game kicks off at 6PM PT on Saturday 12/4.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51709910482_94f5053cf5_z.jpg

mmiller_34
November 27th, 2021, 07:39 PM
No need to update anything Professor.

All anyone needs to know is this -- We will lose. It's written in the stars.

POD Knows
November 27th, 2021, 07:43 PM
SDSU will bitch slap these guys.

Bison56
November 27th, 2021, 07:44 PM
SDSU with another blow out win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2021, 07:50 PM
SDSU will bitch slap these guys.

xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2021, 07:58 PM
...........SACREMENTO STATE.........THE QUIET BEATLE.......BRAWK!!

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 10:21 PM
The coin toss should be competitive.

If SDSU is smart they just ride Isiah Davis from here on out. That’s a huge advantage having a back like that who is fresh while the other team has the normal bumps and bruises at this point.

JayJ79
November 27th, 2021, 10:35 PM
battle of the two teams that UNI beat on the road this season. fun times.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2021, 10:37 PM
'member that national title game at the end of the 2014 season where both teams entered the game 1-2 vs UNI and 26-0 vs every other team? ;)

dewey
November 27th, 2021, 11:26 PM
'member that national title game at the end of the 2014 season where both teams entered the game 1-2 vs UNI and 26-0 vs every other team? ;)

Did UNI paint that on their garage doors?

Dewey

Kemo
November 27th, 2021, 11:49 PM

The general rule of thumb with the SDSU/UNI match up every year is: Whichever team is playing the worse going into the game will end up winning. I knew we were going to lose to UNI this year because the Panthers were coming off getting smacked by USD.

The Cats
November 28th, 2021, 07:50 AM
voted - SD State

JacksFan40
November 28th, 2021, 08:18 AM
The general rule of thumb with the SDSU/UNI match up every year is: Whichever team is playing the worse going into the game will end up winning. I knew we were going to lose to UNI this year because the Panthers were coming off getting smacked by USD.
Bonus if its on Hobo Days, which guarantees a UNI win.

Daytripper
November 28th, 2021, 09:11 AM
Looking forward to this game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2021, 09:47 AM
I have Sac State in a close one. The Hornets have been stout all year and are at home. They make up for their disappointing 2019 playoff showing. Troy Taylor has to be one of the hotter coaching names out West....

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Surprising to see how inefficient Sac St has been on 3rd down this year on both sides. 70th on 3rd down offense (36.8% converted) and 95th on 3rd down defense (allowing 42.2% converted). SDSU's defense isn't great on 3rd down either but their offense is. Could be a long day for the Hornet defense if they can't get off the field on 3rd down.

BlueGoldAg
November 28th, 2021, 02:28 PM
This could be a very competitive game. The Jacks ran the ball at will against us but Sac is quicker on defense than we are and they are fundamentally sound in their tackling. SDSU got a more beat up version of us than Sac did so that made things a bit easier for the Jacks too. I wasn't impressed with the Jacks passing but, of course, they didn't need too.

Sac is very balanced offensively. They can run and throw and Troy Taylor will plan some surprises in the game plan. He's got a whole bag of tricks up his sleeve and knows when to use them. Sac's FR RB, Cameron Skattebo, is a beast who is very hard to bring down. The Hornets have had 2 weeks to get ready also and the rest and preparation should be a bit of an advantage along with the home field.

This one is a tough call. Looking at how easily SDSU had their way with us, I say the Jacks should be favored. Then, again, the Hornets won't throw 6 picks and leave their defense on the field all day.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 02:31 PM
This could be a very competitive game. The Jacks ran the ball at will against us but Sac is quicker on defense than we are and they are fundamentally sound in their tackling. SDSU got a more beat up version of us than Sac did so that made things a bit easier for the Jacks too. I wasn't impressed with the Jacks passing but, of course, they didn't need too.

Sac is very balanced offensively. They can run and throw and Troy Taylor will plan some surprises in the game plan. He's got a whole bag of tricks up his sleeve and knows when to use them. Sac's FR RB, Cameron Skattebo, is a beast who is very hard to bring down. The Hornets have had 2 weeks to get ready also and the rest and preparation should be a bit of an advantage along with the home field.

This one is a tough call. Looking at how easily SDSU had their way with us, I say the Jacks should be favored. Then, again, the Hornets won't throw 6 picks and leave their defense on the field all day.

good stuff

UC Davis made South Dakota State look better than they are right now

this should be a great playoff game

Chalupa Batman
November 28th, 2021, 02:35 PM
I posted this in another thread, but IMO the Jackrabbits should really be riding the back of Isaiah Davis going forward. Stick to an overall run/pass ratio of about 65/35, and between Davis & Strong I would give Davis about 60-65% of the carries. Take advantage of the fact that he is fresh and looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

SoDakSA
November 28th, 2021, 06:56 PM
I posted this in another thread, but IMO the Jackrabbits should really be riding the back of Isaiah Davis going forward. Stick to an overall run/pass ratio of about 65/35, and between Davis & Strong I would give Davis about 60-65% of the carries. Take advantage of the fact that he is fresh and looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

Add to that SDSU getting pressure with just the front 4. The Jackrabbits didn't just "luck" into most of those turnovers. Being able to drop the linebackers made those throws much more difficult.

SDSU with a healthy Davis is a different team. Had he been healthy all season, the Jacks would probably have been the #1 or #2 seed.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2021, 07:24 PM
SDSU opens as a 9 point favorite on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php) with an O/U of 54.

SoDakSA
November 28th, 2021, 07:47 PM
SDSU opens as a 9 point favorite on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php) with an O/U of 54.

Even with my yellow and blue glasses on, that seems a bit high as an opening line. O/U seems about right

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2021, 09:00 AM
I don't think Sac St can stop the Bunny rushing attack, SDSU wins.

JacksFan40
November 29th, 2021, 09:24 AM

Being quicker on defense won’t mean much when Davis and Strong are barreling through the defense like a hot knife through butter. Is Sac’s defense bigger than Davis’s? If it is they can maybe slow down the rushing attack and force SDSU to pass. If SDSU gets the running game going it’ll be a blowout, if they can’t it’ll be a dogfight.

BlueGoldAg
November 29th, 2021, 02:59 PM
Being quicker on defense won’t mean much when Davis and Strong are barreling through the defense like a hot knife through butter. Is Sac’s defense bigger than Davis’s? If it is they can maybe slow down the rushing attack and force SDSU to pass. If SDSU gets the running game going it’ll be a blowout, if they can’t it’ll be a dogfight.

Sac's defense is not significantly bigger than Davis. I think they will be able to slow the Jacks' running game down though. If they can't, then yes, it'll be a big problem. The biggest difference to me is that Sac's offense will be much more potent and balanced in passing and rushing than we were. I think the game may be decided by who can slow the other one down the most and get some breaks because both offenses may be able to put up some big numbers.

bonarae
December 4th, 2021, 05:21 PM
Bumping this up.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 06:30 PM
Looking forward to this night cap! I think the Hornets advance....

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 06:39 PM

gutzy call... I like it

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 07:28 PM

Every seeded team has won so far this weekend, doesn't bode well for the Hornets. Only once have all 8 seeded teams advanced to the quarters.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 08:08 PM
This game looks like a Tuesday or Wednesday night MAC game, nobody there. Not saying it’d be any better in Brookings but still disappointing.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 08:11 PM
Staples drive for the Jackrabbits:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Rl9Yqavfj2Ula/giphy.gif

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 08:11 PM
Jacks march right down and score with Pierre Strong. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2021, 08:12 PM
SDSU up 7-0

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 08:13 PM
Sac State looks like stick figures on D....

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 08:13 PM
Jacks march right down and score with Pierre Strong. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Good play calling as well. That seems to have been a little lacking this year. Great to see a QB scramble as well, he really hasn't done that much this year.

Bison56
December 4th, 2021, 08:17 PM
This will be a blood bath.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 08:18 PM
Good play calling as well. That seems to have been a little lacking this year. Great to see a QB scramble as well, he really hasn't done that much this year.

nah, its the Big Sky

plays are the same

ysubigred
December 4th, 2021, 08:18 PM
Sac State looks like stick figures on D....Looks like high school playing college.. SDSU could probably put 3rd string in and be ok..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 08:19 PM
Looks like high school playing college.. SDSU could probably put 3rd string in and be ok..

Sac State is already wishing they where somewhere else

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 08:19 PM
Davis being out there adds so much to the offense. As long as they get the run game established they can beat anyone.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 08:28 PM
SDSU drive stalls out and settle for a FG.
10-0 in the 1st.

SteelSD
December 4th, 2021, 08:29 PM
Penalty stalls the drive.

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 08:30 PM
Davis being out there adds so much to the offense. As long as they get the run game established they can beat anyone.

They would have had at least 2 fewer losses if he was healthy all season

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Penalties are killing a good Sac State drive.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 08:40 PM
Dom Gardener picks it off in the endzone. Hornets had a good drive up until penalties killed it.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 08:44 PM
If the Jacks score a TD on this drive this game will be over.

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 08:45 PM
Dom Gardener picks it off in the endzone. Hornets had a good drive up until penalties killed it.

They had a nice mix on that drive. But it's pretty obvious they have to to play mistake free to have any chance

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 08:49 PM
Sac St needs points here in a bad way

there D had woke up

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 08:49 PM
SDSU throws 3 straight passes and has to punt. Hopefully they realize now just to keep running the ball.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 08:51 PM
SDSU throws 3 straight passes and has to punt. Hopefully they realize now just to keep running the ball.
We can only hope.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 08:52 PM
Faye Dunaway and Scarlett O’Hara are the dual QBs ?

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 08:53 PM
We can only hope.

It’s your best offense, plus if you want to navigate the next 3 games you’ll want to control the clock to keep the defense fresh.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 08:54 PM
SDSU DB's made two great plays on that drive. Interested to see if Sac State's defense can keep them in this during the first half. Still think they can move ball....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 09:00 PM
Whelp, the 8-0 Big Sky Champs aren't looking so good at home....

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 09:00 PM
17-0 with Davis powering it in.
Oladokun had a great scramble that set up that score.

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 09:02 PM
If the Jacks score a TD on this drive this game will be over.

It’s your best offense, plus if you want to navigate the next 3 games you’ll want to control the clock to keep the defense fresh.

They are getting a chance to work on the passing game this week. Last week it was the running game. Big Fluff giving them some good reps to improve

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 09:02 PM
Whelp, the 8-0 Big Sky Champs aren't looking so good at home....

and this team beat Montana at Griz

ysubigred
December 4th, 2021, 09:04 PM
They are getting a chance to work on the passing game this week. Last week it was the running game. Big Fluff giving them some good reps to improveI'm impressed with Sacramento's tackling.. might be 31-zip right now..

ysubigred
December 4th, 2021, 09:07 PM
and this team beat Montana at GrizI have JMU skull dragging the Griz..

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 09:08 PM
Big man interception by the Jacks. Sac State not looking great.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 09:08 PM
SDSU with a big man INT! Another promising drive ends with a pick....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2021, 09:09 PM
This game is over!!

xnodx

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 09:10 PM
This game is over!!

xnodx

Yep. SDSU goes to Villanova and wins next week. That should set up a nice SDSU at SHSU semifinals game at SHSU.

Dewey

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 09:13 PM
Now the worry for us fans changes from winning the game to making sure nobody gets injured
After blowing a 20-0 lead against SIU I’m still worried.

semobison
December 4th, 2021, 09:15 PM

And, got man handled by UNI at home!

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 09:15 PM

SIU would roll these guys. If they had blown a 20-0 lead against Western, I'd be worried

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 09:16 PM
Yep. SDSU goes to Villanova and wins next week. That should set up a nice SDSU at SHSU semifinals game at SHSU.

Dewey

'Nova is a physical team at least. Heck, Holy Cross put up a better fight in the spring against SDSU in Brookings. Sac State's defense looks awful. The Hornets offense has moved the ball but their defense is weak....

bonarae
December 4th, 2021, 09:16 PM
Sac is gone.... this early.... xbawlingx

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 09:17 PM
When we were more injured than at any point this season and our backup QB played his worst game.

We would roll them now. They’re easily the 4th best team in the Big Sky.

Chalupa Batman
'Nova is a physical team at least. Heck, Holy Cross put up a better fight in the spring against SDSU in Brookings. Sac State's defense looks awful. The Hornets offense has moved the ball but their defense is weak....

Much like Holy Cross put forth a much better effort against Villanova than against Sacred Heart, I expect Villanova to put forth a much better effort next week against the Jacks.

dewey

Montana's starting QB was out with an injury. Sacramento State found a way to win the the MT team last night was a world different than the one the Hornest saw earlier this season.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 09:21 PM
When we were more injured than at any point this season and our backup QB played his worst game.

They're the 4 seed in the entire playoffs! Hindsight is always 20/20 but c'mon! This is a terrible showing by the conference champ and overall top 4 seed! Not the 4th place team in the BSC....

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 09:23 PM
Much like Holy Cross put forth a much better effort against Villanova than against Sacred Heart, I expect Villanova to put forth a much better effort next week against the Jacks.

Well, if the put up less if an effort I feel bad for the fans and TV crew

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 09:23 PM
They're the 4 seed in the entire playoffs! Hindsight is always 20/20 but c'mon! This is a terrible showing by the conference champ and overall top 4 seed! Not 4th place team in the BSC....

I agree with others. Sacramento State is/was the 4th best team in the Big Sky behind EWU, MT (I know they beat the injury riddled Grizzlies) and MSU.

EWU should have been a seed instead of Sacramento State. Sacramento State benefited from the schedule fairy.

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 09:24 PM
They're the 4 seed in the entire playoffs! Hindsight is always 20/20 but c'mon! This is a terrible showing by the conference champ and overall top 4 seed! Not the 4th place team in the BSC....

I would favor the current versions of Montana, Montana State, and EWU over the Hornets

uofmman1122
They didn't play EWU or MSU and got the Griz when we were missing 7-8 starters, including our QB.

All three of those other teams are better than Sac.

This is exactly why the unbalanced Big Sky schedule sucks so much. There's almost always a team that wins/shares the title because they didn't play anyone else.

Bison Fan in NW MN

At least Villanova has a heartbeat on defense.

Good run defense, total defense and scoring defense.

Sac State looks like crap.

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 09:27 PM
At least Villanova has a heartbeat on defense.

Good run defense, total defense and scoring defense.

Sac State looks like crap.

Will be interning to see if Villanova can score enough against a good SDSU defense.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 09:28 PM
The same thing happened to Sac State in 2019 though. They entered the playoffs on a roll got the 4 seed only to get outscored 21-0 in the first quarter by Austin Peay......

mmiller_34
December 4th, 2021, 09:29 PM

This guy and I are on the same page.

BNATION
December 4th, 2021, 09:30 PM
The Big Lie. And looks like SDSU hitting stride at right time.

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 09:31 PM
Will be interning to see if Villanova can score enough against a good SDSU defense.

Dewey

The running game for SDSU is almost like another defender. They just keep the ball for so long, it forces other teams to convert on almost every possession.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 09:33 PM
The same thing happened to Sac State in 2019 though. They entered the playoffs on a roll got the 4 seed only to get outscored 21-0 in the first quarter by Austin Peay......

I thought that would motivate Sac St. quite a bit, along with the fact the only thing they’ve been hearing for 2 weeks is how unlucky they were to draw SDSU. Plus the fact that they got 2 weeks to prepare for SDSU since there was no need for them to prepare UC Davis would be an advantage as well.

Maybe SDSU is just on that much of a roll that all of the above didn’t matter.

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 09:33 PM
At least last year they played the other top teams and had a good argument for the 4 seed, and their conference MVP QB was hurt in that game.

Anyone that watched closely could see they beat a shell of a Griz team in October this year, and their only other good win was an even more horribly overrated UC Davis team.

Bison56
December 4th, 2021, 09:36 PM
Maybe Sac State is the new JSU, get a high seed and get rolled.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 09:37 PM
They didn't play EWU or MSU and got the Griz when we were missing 7-8 starters, including our QB.

All three of those other teams are better than Sac.

This is exactly why the unbalanced Big Sky schedule sucks so much. There's almost always a team that wins/shares the title because they didn't play anyone else.

Yep, like UND

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 09:39 PM
The running game for SDSU is almost like another defender. They just keep the ball for so long, it forces other teams to convert on almost every possession.

I am very familiar with that style of footballxnodx

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 09:40 PM

Dewey

SDSU won 10-7 the last time 'Nova visited Brookings for a playoff game. Could be a similar game?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 09:42 PM
At least last year they played the other top teams and had a good argument for the 4 seed, and their conference MVP QB was hurt in that game.

Anyone that watched closely could see they beat a shell of a Griz team in October this year, and their only other good win was an even more horribly overrated UC Davis team.

I watched that Sac State vs Montana game and while Montana was beat that Saturday both teams took off after that game. It's not like the Griz were a complete dumpster fire. The Hornets still had to go into Missoula and win. Never easy no matter how "bad" the Griz are. And a wounded Griz is still a dangerous Griz....

CobbFC09
December 4th, 2021, 09:46 PM
Need to ban Sacramento State from receiving a seed if this is what's going to happen. Looking like a repeat of 2019 when Austin Peay was up 21-0 at the half.

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 09:47 PM
SDSU won 10-7 the last time 'Nova visited Brookings for a playoff game. Could be a similar game?
No. This is a better SDSU team.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 09:51 PM
Maybe Sac State is the new JSU, get a high seed and get rolled.

Yeah Gamecocks were allergic to the 3 seed, these guys are allergic to the 4 seed

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 09:54 PM
I watched that Sac State vs Montana game and while Montana was beat that Saturday both teams took off after that game. It's not like the Griz were a complete dumpster fire. The Hornets still had to go into Missoula and win. Never easy no matter how "bad" the Griz are. And a wounded Griz is still a dangerous Griz....
It was absolutely a dumpster fire, especially compared to how we're playing now. Our inexperienced backup QB couldn't run the offense, went 3-and-out 7 times and had two awful turnovers.

Despite all of that, they only won by a single score.

I'm not saying Sac is bad, but I stand by my assertion that they aren't better than EWU, MSU or Montana right now.

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 09:58 PM
Sac finally looking like they want to play football.

mmiller_34
December 4th, 2021, 10:00 PM
No. This is a better SDSU team.

Wrong. Sac State rolling now. Here comes the collapse.

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 10:00 PM

I hope you are right:-)

Sacramento State now 2nd and goal at the bunny 2. Midway through the 3rd quarter.

Dewey

mmiller_34
December 4th, 2021, 10:04 PM
I hope you are right:-)

Dewey

I'm always right. That's why POD has an SHSU avatar.

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 10:05 PM
I'm always right. That's why POD has an SHSU avatar.

You 2 are the sandbag kings. Even displacing the McNeese fan here:-)

Dewey

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Touchdown Hornets!

SDSU leads 24-10 527 to go 3rd quarter.

Dewey

CobbFC09
The reverse jinx nearly worked!

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD Hornets....like in 2019 they're putting up a second half fight. Can they make it legitimately interesting?

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 10:08 PM
TD Hornets....like in 2019 they're putting up a second half fight. Can they make it legitimately interesting?

Doesn't bode well if it takes them that long to score each time

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 10:14 PM
Love these camera angles lol

Go Lehigh TU owl
Great special teams play by the Jacks!

JacksFan40
Quit passing the damn ball on first down Jesus Christ.

dewey
Sacramento State gets a big stop but the Hornets take over at their own 3 yard line.

Dewey

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 10:19 PM
Damn, that should've been a TD.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 10:20 PM
Huge missed opportunity for the Hornets there.

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 10:24 PM
Damn, that should've been a TD.
And then they get stopped on 4th down. Woof.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 10:24 PM
And then they get stopped on 4th down. Woof.

SDSU needs to get smart and hand the ball off now.

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 10:25 PM
Love these camera angles lol

I enjoy hearing the McDonald's drive-thru quality audio from the PA

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 10:27 PM
What in the world is SDSU doing? You have one of the best RB in FCS and a huge lead, and you're passing it?

Bison56
Why does SDSU always go away from what is working on offense?

JacksFan40
This is why I hate this damn coaching staff. Run the damn ball!!!

SoDakSA
Remember when I complimented the play calling? Ya, those feelings are long gone.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 10:28 PM

And of course they call pass plays the first two plays xcrazyx

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 10:28 PM
lmao they didn't listen.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 10:29 PM
What in the world is SDSU doing? You have one of the best RB in FCS and a huge lead, and you're passing it?
You are seeing why this team constantly disappoints.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 10:29 PM
lmao they didn't listen.

Lining up and telling the Hornets exactly what hole you're going to try and run through is a better idea than that ****

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 10:30 PM
You are seeing why this team constantly disappoints.

The disappointment is never because of the actual in-field team. It's always the coaching staff.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 10:32 PM
The disappointment is never because of the actual in-field team. It's always the coaching staff.
That’s what I mean. Averaging 6.2 YPC and they keep throwing it with a QB who couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn. If Sac State comes back to win Stig needs to pack up and get the hell out.

uofmman1122
I'll be shocked if that isn't targeting.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Damn! That was one helluva hit!

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 10:34 PM

Unfortunate but I think your right. #2 led with the shoulder but the helmets also contacted.

dewey

Agreed. That seems like targeting. Who knows with this rule interpretation.

Edit. No targeting. God I don't get that rule.

Dewey

Bison56
It’s football.

uofmman1122
Oh wow, color me surprised.

mmiller_34
QBs head went into the hit. This is BS. I hate targeting.

Thank God they made the right call.

Professor Chaos
Commentators don't know what targeting is. That's a legal hit. Player was a runner so defender has to lead with the crown for it to be targeting. Doesn't matter whether he hits the runner in the chest or above.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 10:35 PM
Targeting rule is so subjective. I mean it literally comes down to the crew like everything else....

ysubigred
WTF did SDSU pack it in and quit playing?

uofmman1122
SDSU has lost all the momentum now.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 10:36 PM
Blindside block on Sac State...could be a drive killer...

mmiller_34
December 4th, 2021, 10:37 PM
Welp. This is what SDSU has been this year. Either really good or really bad.

uofmman1122
Despite my feelings on the Hornets, I really hope they win.

Gonna have to do better than that last play. Oof.

SoDakSA
That’s what I mean. Averaging 6.2 YPC and they keep throwing it with a QB who couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn. If Sac State comes back to win Stig needs to pack up and get the hell out.

They cost us the USD game, and they are trying their best to lose this one. Maybe the staff took the points?

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2021, 10:39 PM
Targeting rule is so subjective. I mean it literally comes down to the crew like everything else....
You have to understand the difference between a defenseless player and a runner. If that hit was on a defenseless player (for instance on a sliding QB or a receiver trying to bring in a catch) it's targeting since it's forcible contact up high. In this case the QB had become a runner so the only way it can be targeting is if the defender leads with the crown of the helmet (doesn't even have to be to the head/neck area of the runner).

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 10:40 PM
Not sure I like the FG there, especially if SDSU gets their heads out of their asses and actually starts running the ball again.

SoDakSA
Some great color commentary in this game. 😒

Chalupa Batman
If the first play on this drive isn’t a run play the SDSU AD shouldn’t allow Stig & Eck to get on the team plane.

Go Lehigh TU owl
You have to understand the difference between a defenseless player and a runner. If that hit was on a defenseless player (for instance on a sliding QB or a receiver trying to bring in a catch) it's targeting since it's forcible contact up high. In this case the QB had become a runner so the only way it can be targeting is if the defender leads with the crown of the helmet (doesn't even have to be to the head/neck area of the runner).

It's still subjective. I thought the SDSU player did lower and "potentially" lead with his head. It's just funny to watch it play out. There was one today in the JMU game where it was based on intent rather than actual contact....

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 10:41 PM
Despite my feelings on the Hornets, I really hope they win.

Gonna have to do better than that last play. Oof.

Agreed. Go Hornets.

Dewey

Bison56
December 4th, 2021, 10:41 PM
2 potato heads calling this game.

Houndawg
December 4th, 2021, 10:42 PM
It's still subjective. I thought the SDSU player did lower and "potentially" lead with his head. It's just funny to watch it play out. There was one today in the JMU game where it was based on intent rather than actual contact....

Was it an MVFC crew? Thats the kind of idiotic **** they would come up with

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 10:42 PM
Feldcamp has the yips. Get him out of there for the rest of the season

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 10:44 PM
This is more like it.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 10:44 PM
Davis can turn a three yard loss into a five yard gain. Maybe keep feeding him the damn ball.

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 10:46 PM
WHY EVEN PLAY ACTION???? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? lmao

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 10:47 PM

Welcome to the life of a Jackrabbit fan. If you want to slow them down, then at least run a draw

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 10:47 PM
2nd and 8 and SDSU passes? WTF! Keep running the ball.

Boy the SDSU coaches must be maddening to watch weekly.

Dewey

Bison56
December 4th, 2021, 10:48 PM
It’s unexplainable.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 10:48 PM
Welcome to SDSU football. You’ll watch national championship caliber teams get ousted in the playoffs in disappointing fashion. I’ve never seen a coaching staff do so little with so much talent. *Cough* 2014 & 2017 *cough*

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 10:49 PM
I do not get SDSU they are clearly the better team here and they are letting these guys hang around.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Sac State will get the ball back.....

ysubigred
Welcome to SDSU football. You’ll watch national championship caliber teams get ousted in the playoffs in disappointing fashion. I’ve never seen a coaching staff do so little with so much talent. *Cough* 2014 & 2017 *cough*I was going to mention that.. love to have SDSUs players in red Y helmets..

ysubigred
December 4th, 2021, 10:50 PM
I do not get SDSU they are clearly the better team here and they are letting these guys hang around.Coaching..

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 10:52 PM
Coaching..

Absolutely 100% agreed!

Dewey

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2021, 10:53 PM
Dunniway is really impressive standing in the pocket.

Bison56
December 4th, 2021, 10:54 PM
Who are these 2 idiots calling this game? They should be fired immediately. You can see the guy take a knee to the back plain as day.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 10:56 PM
The Hornets need to pick up the pace now....

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 11:01 PM
LMFAO at the “Balls to the wall” comment from the color guy

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 11:01 PM
#12 just took another shot to the head. This time it looked like a forearm....

Bison56
December 4th, 2021, 11:03 PM
LMFAO at the “Balls to the wall” comment from the color guy
I love when he predicts the plays and he isn’t even close.

JacksFan40
This game should be like 45-13 and somehow Sac State is going to make it a one possession game.

If you need a comparison of the coaching between these two teams, Stig has three conference titles in 25 years. Taylor has two conference titles in two years.

SoDakSA
#12 just took another shot to the head. This time it looked like a forearm....

If he keeps running like that, he's not going to last an entire season

dewey
Touchdown! Sacramento State!

24-19 233 to go 4th quarter.

Dewey

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 11:04 PM
Let’s go Sac State.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 11:04 PM
This has been a fascinating game. I believe there's something to Sac State's slow start/better second half in the playoffs coaching deal. Likewise, SDSU never makes things easy when the opportunity is there. These are two very talented teams with a case of "enigma"...

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 11:05 PM
Go for 2

Bison56
December 4th, 2021, 11:06 PM
SDSU will have 3 incomplete passes and punt, Stig is an idiot.

mmiller_34
Yall still think SDSU is good?

uofmman1122
Ballgame right here.

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 11:07 PM
SDSU will have 3 incomplete passes and punt, Stig is an idiot.
Don't forget a trick play

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 11:07 PM
3rd and 1...with that OL two QB sneaks should get 3 feet....

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 11:08 PM
OMG horrible spot!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
That seemed like a bad spot?

uofmman1122
Uuuuhhhhhh, that was an interesting spot.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 11:09 PM
OMG horrible spot!!!

That has to be reviewed! I mean it might be off by 2 yards!

dewey
What a TERRIBLE spot.

Kick the ball!

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
Go for it

JacksFan40
First our coaches are trying to screw us and now the refs. Great….

mmiller_34
Are they not able to review?

Bison56
About a yard short on the spot. Fog must be real thick at field level.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 11:10 PM
They ran the "Angry Brady"! for the first down!

uofmman1122
lol that was the most obvious direct snap I've ever seen.

Good game, bunnies! xthumbsupx

Chalupa Batman
I could see that coming from a mile away as soon as Oladokuns over acting job [emoji23]

Christiank22
I’ve never seen a play that has made me physically cringe, but SDSU managed to do it lmao god damn I hate that team

JacksFan40
I could see that trick play from a mile away but credit for doing it.

mmiller_34
December 4th, 2021, 11:11 PM
Yall think we still favored next week 🤔

Both SDSU teams were on display today. The good one and the one that falls asleep.

Bison56
December 4th, 2021, 11:11 PM
Don't forget a trick play
There it is.

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 11:12 PM
Well, the staff kept it close. The bets paid off.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Fun game! Sacramento State is a damn good team that needs to learn that playoff games are 60 minutes! SDSU is very talented but how much can you honestly trust them as they advance?

Really looking forward to 'Novs vs SDSU on the Main Line. I think it's going to be a war....

UNHWildcat18
SDSU heading out to Villanova! Should be a good CAA vs MVFC matchup

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 11:13 PM
Most underwhelming playoff win since 2016 against Villanova. This team has way to much talent to let these idiot coaches ruin them.

Hammersmith
December 4th, 2021, 11:15 PM
I’ve never seen a play that has made me physically cringe, but SDSU managed to do it lmao god damn I hate that team

Jacks are one step away from that Geico ad with the stroller.

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2021, 11:15 PM
Yall think we still favored next week 🤔

Both SDSU teams were on display today. The good one and the one that falls asleep.
Yep, you will be. :)

Gonna guess by 7-8 or so. As ugly as SDSU made their win look Nova made theirs look uglier.

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 11:17 PM
Clown show on that 4th down play. Do they actually practice that ****. Do they bring the head of the drama department in for assistance and critique.

Bison56
December 4th, 2021, 11:19 PM
Clown show on that 4th down play. Do they actually practice that ****. Do they bring the head of the drama department in for assistance and critique.
Only people fooled where the 2 idiots in the booth calling the game.

SoDakSA
December 4th, 2021, 11:20 PM
Jacks are one step away from that Geico ad with the stroller.

Shh...you are gonna give away our entire playbook for next week

JayJ79
December 4th, 2021, 11:20 PM
that spot after the 3rd and 1 play was atrocious and I can't believe they didn't buzz the officials to review it
but that trick play was hilarious (and obvious what was going to happen), though I'm surprised the officials didn't try to screw them with the spot of that play too

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2021, 11:22 PM

The Pats and Brady used that "play" for years! Brady would change up his antics to keep the defense "guessing"...lol. They used one version of it in the Super Bowl comeback against the Falcons. Of course it worked....

mmiller_34
December 4th, 2021, 11:23 PM

Avatar bet. You keep SHSU avatar another year. SDSU ****s it up against Nova next week. #BookIt

BlueGoldAg
December 4th, 2021, 11:36 PM
Troy Taylor is a great coach. Sac dominated the second half after he made some adjustments and Sac shredded the Jacks' secondary. I think that final series by the Jacks was the first time they crossed mid-field in the second half also.

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2021, 11:38 PM
Troy Taylor is a great coach. Sac dominated the second half after he made some adjustments and Sac shredded the Jacks' secondary. I think that final series by the Jacks was the first time they crossed mid-field in the second half also.
If SDSU would’ve kept pounding it down their throat they would’ve ended that game much sooner. Taylor is a great coach but this final score had more to do with SDSU’s coaching ineptitude.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 11:38 PM

Sac State played better but they were helped immensely by SDSU's piss poor play selection in the 2nd half. Averaging 6 yards a clip and they keep throwing on 1st and 2nd down.

dewey
December 4th, 2021, 11:57 PM
If SDSU would’ve kept pounding it down their throat they would’ve ended that game much sooner. Taylor is a great coach but this final score had more to do with SDSU’s coaching ineptitude.

Absolutely agreed! Run the dang ball! With Davis, Strong and that o-line. I just don't get it.

Coaches getting too cute.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2021, 06:58 AM

xnodx

100% agree

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2021, 07:00 AM
Only people fooled where the 2 idiots in the booth calling the game.

lol

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2021, 07:06 AM

good reminder

BisonBacker
December 5th, 2021, 08:41 AM

Dewey
SHSU is going to get a beatdown.

Houndawg
December 5th, 2021, 09:29 AM
Sac State played better but they were helped immensely by SDSU's piss poor play selection in the 2nd half. Averaging 6 yards a clip and they keep throwing on 1st and 2nd down.

Thats what I kept yelling at SIU through the radio xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2021, 10:38 AM

but their playing Villanova

dewey
December 5th, 2021, 10:48 AM

I am not so sure about that. SHSU is very good and being the defending Champions at home is a big deal.

Dewey

ysubigred
December 5th, 2021, 11:00 AM
I am not so sure about that. SHSU is very good and being the defending Champions at home is a big deal.

DeweyI agree.. watching SDSU's 2nd half performance last night me thinks they might be in trouble at Nova..

Chalupa Batman
December 5th, 2021, 03:23 PM
The Jacks ended up with just over 32 minutes TOP last night, and they really should've had at least 34-35 minutes and probably more if they would've stuck to running the ball in the 2nd half. That's a lot of extra reps on the defense that will need as much rest as possible as they try to navigate the road to Frisco. I'd say the defense was on the field for a minimum of 8-10 plays they didn't really need to be, which could be a big factor next week.

KPSUL
December 5th, 2021, 04:04 PM
I agree.. watching SDSU's 2nd half performance last night me thinks they might be in trouble at Nova..

If you watched Villanova in the 1st and 2nd half vs Holy Cross you'd be less troubled. But having said that, I think both teams can play a whole lot better than they did in their 2nd round games.

mvemjsunpx
December 5th, 2021, 04:47 PM
The Jacks ended up with just over 32 minutes TOP last night

That stat surprised me when I saw it. It didn't seem like their offense was on the field at all in the second half.

Chalupa Batman
December 5th, 2021, 04:53 PM
That stat surprised me when I saw it. It didn't seem like their offense was on the field at all in the second half.

I'm not sure exactly how TOP broke down by half but I would say the 2nd half was just the opposite of the 1st when SDSU's offense was on the field for the entire half.

SoDakSA
December 5th, 2021, 06:33 PM

Dewey

In the spring season, SDSU was one defensive stand away from winning with their backup QB. And, Davis shredded them even after playing a full season. Imagine what he can do fully rested and healed.

Playing at their place will make it difficult, but I actually prefer that to having them in Brookings. SDSU just does not play well at home in big games that don't involve NDSU.

dewey
December 5th, 2021, 07:05 PM
In the spring season, SDSU was one defensive stand away from winning with their backup QB. And, Davis shredded them even after playing a full season. Imagine what he can do fully rested and healed.

Playing at their place will make it difficult, but I actually prefer that to having them in Brookings. SDSU just does not play well at home in big games that don't involve NDSU.

You would really rather play SHSU at their pace than Brookings in mid to late December? Come on. The weather would be a HUGE advantage for SDSU in that game.

Dewey

Daytripper
December 5th, 2021, 07:41 PM

You just might get your wish. But first we both need to win this weekend. It's never wise to look past the opponent that is in front of you.

SoDakSA
December 5th, 2021, 08:18 PM
You just might get your wish. But first we both need to win this weekend. It's never wise to look past the opponent that is in front of you.

Agreed.

It would be nice to see SDSU play with their starting QB for the entire game this time. Ha

Chalupa Batman
December 5th, 2021, 08:51 PM
You would really rather play SHSU at their pace than Brookings in mid to late December? Come on. The weather would be a HUGE advantage for SDSU in that game.

Dewey

I think people make too much of the weather being an advantage when teams from the south visit teams from the north. Coastal Carolina has gone into WaGriz and won, SHSU went to Eastern Washington and won. But yeah I would think any team would want to be at home regardless so you don't have to travel, you're more used to your routine, etc. Of course going on the road can galvanize a team and get rid of distractions you might have at home, so that can be a good thing too.