PDA

View Full Version : Broadway Discusses Grambling vs Pitt

mikebigg
September 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Press Conference: 09/05/07

Coach Broadway discusses last weeks win against Alcorn and this week matchup against Pittsburg. Note: Pardon coach Broadway for the use of the term Division 1... he was at Div2 last year (before NCCU moved up to FCS).

Thanks Mach @ gogrambling.com for this youtube presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptePVYFz9SE

BlueHen86
September 5th, 2007, 09:31 PM

Coach Broadway discusses last weeks win against Alcorn and this week matchup against Pittsburg. Note: Pardon coach Broadway for the use of the term Division 1... he was at Div2 last year (before NCCU moved up to FCS).

Good luck with Pitt this weekend!xnodx xthumbsupx

mikebigg
September 5th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Good luck with Pitt this weekend!xnodx xthumbsupx

Thanks App State has inspired us all...but we're gonna have to play fundamental sound football, execute and hope our depth holds during the game. Coach Broadway talks the right way...hope the team reflects what he's saying. But we got a ways to go.

brownbear
September 5th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I believe the Pitt you are playing has an "h" on the end. Don't confuse it with D2 powerhouse Pittsburg State, Kansas or you'll be in trouble.

By the way, this is a possible upset since Pitt's QB is out, and Pitt has been awful since Dave Wannstedt arrived. When Walt Harris was coach, they had a game against Furman where they were down by 21 and had to come back and win in overtime to avoid a major upset. That year, they went on to the Fiesta Bowl, so it is very possible for them to lose to an FCS team this year.

mikebigg
September 5th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I believe the Pitt you are playing has an "h" on the end. Don't confuse it with D2 powerhouse Pittsburg State, Kansas or you'll be in trouble.

By the way, this is a possible upset since Pitt's QB is out, and Pitt has been awful since Dave Wannstedt arrived. When Walt Harris was coach, they had a game against Furman where they were down by 21 and had to come back and win in overtime to avoid a major upset. That year, they went on to the Fiesta Bowl, so it is very possible for them to lose to an FCS team this year.

Aren't they called the Gorillas? I hadn't heard much about them lately, but I know they used to be a beast (no pun).

McNeese_beat
September 5th, 2007, 10:30 PM

Leave it to an Ivy Leaguer to run the spell check. xsmiley_wix

Down here in Lewsyanna, it's all the same to us. Pittsburgh, Pittsburg, Pittsfield, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Patagonia, Piscataway. They're all the same place, aren't they? :o

downbythebeach
September 5th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I really wanted to go to this game :(

SoCon48
September 6th, 2007, 05:07 AM

Good luck vs Pitt from this App fan. Alwyas admired Grambling's program and pulling for them even more with Rod there now.

brownbear
September 6th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Aren't they called the Gorillas? I hadn't heard much about them lately, but I know they used to be a beast (no pun).

Yes, they are the Pitt State Gorillas.

They were 10-2 last year and played in the Mineral Water Bowl, which is a game between the top teams that don't make the D2 Playoffs.

In 2005, they made the quarterfinals of the D2 Playoffs, and in 2004, they lost to Valdosta State in the championship game.

They last won the D2 Football title in 1991 in just their third year playing in D2.