PDA

View Full Version : Cap'n Cat's "Count On 'Em" Week Two Gateway Purrrrdictions!

Cap'n Cat
September 5th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Missouri State @ Tennessee-Rowan & Martin:
Bears get on the bus and snake through the hollers of MO, IL, KY and TN to take on some team I've never heard of. If I never heard of it, it must be an OVC team, right?
This is the year Missouri State starts making low rumblings and gains some sorely-needed confidence before commencing a brutal Gateway schedule. I mean, heck, this ain't the Big Sky, you actually have to earn a title by playing some good teams! Anyway, Cap'n Cat knows that Terry Allen is building a good thing there and will have the Bruins ready for this one. *****, he's got half the UNI staff down there!

Missouri State 24
Tennessee-Rowan & Martin 17

Cap'n Cat's Upset Pick Of The Week:
South Dakota State @ Youngstown State:
The Penguins are a proud progam who, only in recent years, have made noises of a "comeback" from the abyss of I-AA. Their playoff appearances last year were honorable and we GFCrs watched with conference pride as they took on the division last year, losing finally to App State, late of Big House fame.
However, the Pens are playing an early game against a team with which they are wholly unfamiliar, that is, an FCS team with true cred. Clarion, Lock Haven, Slippery Rock, Millersburg and Pennsylvania School Of Mines are all previously engaged, so YSU was forced to sked a decent team on their level.
SDSU are a bit above. Despite their playoff appearance last season, the Pens still mewl about a so-so coach and pine, longingly, for the "glory" days of yester-century.

The Future Of FCS 23
The Past Of FCS 18

Cap'n Cat's GFC Pillow Fight Of The Week:
Austin Healey @ Indiana State
Cap'n Cat has actually heard of Austin Healey. It's a sports car from England, I think.
The Cap'n believes in revolution, that is, the overtaking of the powerful by the weak (except when any weak team tries to overtake UNI, of course). That's why He has become a closet Indiana State fan. The Sycs are into, what, their third year with their new head coach and they, like Missouri State, have shown signs of MAYBE becoming a decent football program.
Time was, everyone was contemplating Indiana State dropping their program due to decades of mediocrity and ugly "L's" to everyone. The Cap'n believes this tide will turn - painfully slow - but it will. This week they make baby steps in that direction.

Indiana State 42
Austin Healey 17

Cap'n Cat's FBS Drubbing Of The Week, #1:
Southern Illinois @ Northern Illinois
Cap'n Cat really hates SIU. He never did until they started beating us regularly now and then five or six years ago. Tough, tough, tough football under Coach Kill. But, he also likes SIU, His sister being a proud and successful graduate of Salukiville U.
This is the rare contest in which Cap'n Cat will be a radid Dog fan when they take on Cap'n Cat's first college, Northern Illinois. Cap'n Cat was recruited to NIU by current head coach, Joe Novak, a really decent man. However, NIU can kiss my fat azz now. They are the most arrogant school in Illinois and always treat the other "directional" schools there with the "redheaded, cerebal palsied, one-eyed little sister we don't talk about" mentality. No way should an FCS pissant from Macomb or Carbondale or Normal ever beat them - "why, we beat Maryland on national TV!!'' The very thought!!!
Woodshed:

Hounds of Carbonville 33
Huskheads 13

Murray Slaughter State @ Illinois State:
This game was Cap'n Cat's original choice for GFC Pillow Fight of The Week, but he opted, instead, to lay off the Crimson Crows as they recover from that PFL beeyotch-slappin' they took from Drake....which, by the way, guys, is in Iowa, did you know?
What to say, what to say, what to say......???
OK, who knows who Murray Slaughter is? First person from Youngstown to post the answer here gets a commemorative "Mark Farley 6-0 vs. Youngstown" t-shirt and, hell, I'll even put it in YSU colors!!! No fair going to Google, either, you dopes!
Cap'n Cat, true to form, knows virtually nothing about Murray Slaughter State, except that current ILSU coach, Cheyenne Johnson, alighted from there a few years ago. He also knows that their nickname is the "Racers". But Cap'n Cat does know Illinois State. They are an up and down conference performer who only in the last nine years have made any noise in the playoffs. To be fair, again, Cap'n Cat watched the Crimson Crows in the playoffs and cheered heartily for them, but when it was all over, they reverted in His twisted mind back to the status to which they have been relegated for decades - also rans.
Neverheless, the game with the Racers is the perfect tonic fer what ails the Birds. Smarting from the Drake smackdown, these boys will be ready to take it out on someone, so since Quincy College, St. Joseph's of Indiana and Palmer Chiropractic of Davenport are busy, they do it to the kids from Murray Slaughter. I have to, by conference affiliation bylaws, root for the Winged Ones in this one, but will forget who they were playing by my second beer at the ISU/UNI tailgater.

Crimson Crows 45
Murray Slaughter State 13

Western Illinois @ Illinois:
Western Illinois for years was the butt of Cap'n Cat vitriolic spiel, mostly because they were successful and contended with My Cats for titles back in the day. Those days are gone and a general malaise (apologies to Jimmy Carter) has set upon the LeatherNation for a good four or five years running, though the LeatherHeads do get silly mad props for taking it to the Panthers last year....and in the Dome, no less, combining with the North Dakota loss to keep my blessed Cats out of the playoffs. Temporarily, of course.
I always liked to play at Western Illinois, too. Their grass was perfect, high and thick, the weather was always perfect on gameday, and burying a parolee, girlfriend-beating Western JUCO tranfer DB on a sweep took on something more when they got up covered in mud and foliage and line chalk. As I say, though, those days have passed and the WIU-UNI rivalry has gone to the bench, ceding to burgeoning rivlaries in the conference like UNI vs.......... well everyone else. They all hate us, the *****ers.

Where the ***** was I going with all this?
Oh, yeah...

Illinois 56
LeatherNation 6

Cap'n Cat's FBS Drubbing Of The Week, #2!
Northern Iowa @ Iowa State
Cap'n Cat's paws tread lightly around this one as it is a litter box brimming with IECT's - Improvised Explosive Cat Turds. The PantherNation looks to Cap'n Cat, sometimes, to be a positve feline and, generally He is, but I wanna think with my head and not my schlerotic, slightly enlarged, artificially paced heart. Plus, I know Coach Farley reads this ***** and I may need sideline passes for me and D1B for the championship game versus Idaho State.
I want to call a UNI victory, but vital facts must be addressed. First, we have not beaten ISU in 13 years, even though almost every time we were "favored" to do so, only to limp away from a 20, 30 or 40 point pounding. Who in the "F" ever "favored" us is lost to time, but......
Second, the Cats, God love them, have been wildly inconsistent for the past several years - beating highly-ranked Illinois State and Younstown at times, but then losing to North Dakota and the LeatherNation, etc, etc. Down in even-numbered years, up in the odds.
ISU is in transition to a new coach and new ways of doing things. They lost to Kent, which could not have been pleasant, to either players, coaches, fans, alumni and boosters which makes me think that the heat will be turned WAAAAAY up for this one in Ames. Reading PantherNation, too, one might think we already won and we should be looking to Drake or whomever is next. That's not good.
This one will be a knock down, drag out, bloody war with many tangibles and intangibles on the line, one of the former of which is recruiting. Cap'n Cat subscribes to the notion that, if given a choice, high school recruits will choose the FBS school over an FCS institution. Sorry, Ralph and FCS homers, but it is true. No matter if we beat ISU or are "competitive" with Iowa, most Iowa kids will prefer to don the black and gold or red-and-whatever-other-color-ISU-plays-with. UNI has to work EXTRA hard in everything.
This week, though, I think they will. UNI is sick of losing to these BCS wannabes and it is about time the Cats got fired up enough to do so. Coach Farley, I remember from my playing days with him and knowing him, in general (God I hated practicing against him!), is a helluva motivator and he will have to be removed from the field kicking and screaming if the mighty Cats are not successful Saturday.
That said, and thinking with my heart,

UNI 23
Cyclowns 20

appfan2008
September 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
not bad but i dont think both uni and siu will win this week thought they both have a good shot

BlueHen86
September 5th, 2007, 01:52 PM
[INDENT]Murray Slaughter State @ Illinois State:
This game was Cap'n Cat's original choice for GFC Pillow Fight of The Week, but he opted, instead, to lay off the Crimson Crows as they recover from that PFL beeyotch-slappin' they took from Drake....which, by the way, guys, is in Iowa, did you know?
What to say, what to say, what to say......??? xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex
OK, who knows who Murray Slaughter is? First person from Youngstown to post the answer here gets a commemorative "Mark Farley 6-0 vs. Youngstown" t-shirt and, hell, I'll even put it in YSU colors!!! No fair going to Google, either, you dopes!
Cap'n Cat, true to form, knows virtually nothing about Murray Slaughter State, except that current ILSU coach, Cheyenne Johnson, alighted from there a few years ago. He also knows that their nickname is the "Racers". But Cap'n Cat does know Illinois State. They are an up and down conference performer who only in the last nine years have made any noise in the playoffs. To be fair, again, Cap'n Cat watched the Crimson Crows in the playoffs and cheered heartily for them, but when it was all over, they reverted in His twisted mind back to the status to which they have been relegated for decades - also rans.
Neverheless, the game with the Racers is the perfect tonic fer what ails the Birds. Smarting from the Drake smackdown, these boys will be ready to take it out on someone, so since Quincy College, St. Joseph's of Indiana and Palmer Chiropractic of Davenport are busy, they do it to the kids from Murray Slaughter. I have to, by conference affiliation bylaws, root for the Winged Ones in this one, but will forget who they were playing by my second beer at the ISU/UNI tailgater.
Crimson Crows 45
Murray Slaughter State 13

Wasn't Murray Slaughter the name Gavin McCleods character on the Mary Tyler Moore Show?
Oh wait, I'm not from Youngstown. Nevermind.

Cap'n Cat
September 5th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Wasn't Murray Slaughter the name Gavin McCleods character on the Mary Tyler Moore Show?

Oh wait, I'm not from Youngstown. Nevermind.

Quit givin' out the answers, you dope!!!!

Now you ruined it!!

xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

BlueHen86
September 5th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Quit givin' out the answers, you dope!!!!

Now you ruined it!!

xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx
C'mon, I saved you a shirt.

skinny_uncle
September 5th, 2007, 03:29 PM
not bad but i dont think both uni and siu will win this week thought they both have a good shot
It could happen. The last time they played their opponents for this they both had very close losses. I would be surprised if SIU won by the 20 the Cap'n predicted, but I would not be surprised by a win. Upsets over FBS teams usually come from ranked FCS teams. These could both happen.

ysuallthetime
September 5th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Cappys predictions last year about Youngstown State

Maine over YSU xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

U.C. Davis beats YSU xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Missouri State beats YSU xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You pick against YSU every week. Keep em comming

Cap'n Cat
September 5th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Cappys predictions last year about Youngstown State

Maine over YSU xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

U.C. Davis beats YSU xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Missouri State beats YSU xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You pick against YSU every week. Keep em comming

And don't forget the most important one from last year:

UNI over YSU....for the sixth time in a row!!!

Heavens, I'm flippin' clairvoyant!!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

igo4uni
September 5th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I like the predictions!!

appfan2008
September 5th, 2007, 11:43 PM
It could happen. The last time they played their opponents for this they both had very close losses. I would be surprised if SIU won by the 20 the Cap'n predicted, but I would not be surprised by a win. Upsets over FBS teams usually come from ranked FCS teams. These could both happen.

not saying they wont... just dont think they both will!

Keeper
September 6th, 2007, 05:04 AM
I say, that Cap'n Cat should have his own website.

That's powerrrrrrrful stuff he writes, and entertaining too.xthumbsupx

Cap'n Cat
September 6th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I say, that Cap'n Cat should have his own website.

That's powerrrrrrrful stuff he writes, and entertaining too.xthumbsupx

Cap'n Cat is now copyrighted!!!

ysubigred
September 6th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Cap'n Cat is now copyrighted!!!

I can think of other thing besides copyrighted

:D

Cap'n Cat
September 6th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I can think of other thing besides copyrighted

Like "cute"!

ysubigred
September 6th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Like "cute"!

And cuddly :pumpuke:

xlolx xshakingmadx

ShowMeBear2
September 6th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I am fired up for Bear game 2nite.

Cap'n Cat
September 6th, 2007, 02:38 PM
That's tonight????

Go Bears!!

xnodx xnodx xnodx

I am fired up for Bear game 2nite.

birdsflyhigh
September 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Good to have a Gateway prediction thread going! Thanx Cap'n Cat, and your game capsules were an entertaining read. I'm agreeing with you on most of your predictions with the exception of the NIU-SIU game...just not sure on that one. Here goes:

MSU 21-17 UTM....nice road upset win for the Bears to earn. Terry Allen already beginning to work his magic down in Springfield?

YSU 31-20 SDSU...The Guins bounce back as the Jacks get a second taste of things to come in the Gateway.

IN St. 34-28 Austin Peay...The Sycs took one on the chin last week and are ready to even their record against a similarly talented team.

NIU 35-34 SIU....Think the Huskies are going to go all out not to fall to 0-2 on the young season. Should be a great game and could go either way.

IL St. 38-17 Murray St...After the Bird's embarrassing debacle last week against Drake, I see them coming out with fire in their eyes for the rest of the season. There is NO room for error now the rest of the way.

DUI 42-31 WIU...Even though DUI looked MORE than competive last week in a sloppy game against a possibly overated MU Tiger team, there's a chance they'll be overlooking the Necks a bit here, and the game could be ALOT closer than many expect.

UNI 21-20 Cyclowns...This game will be as close as it can get. UNI has enough horses to send all those Clown fans homes crying about how their team could lose to a FCS team.

A tally of 5-2 against some pretty decent competition this week should help keep the Gateway's stock pretty high. COOL! xcoolx

Cap'n Cat
September 6th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Good to have a Gateway prediction thread going! Thanx Cap'n Cat, and your game capsules were an entertaining read. I'm agreeing with you on most of your predictions with the exception of the NIU-SIU game...just not sure on that one. Here goes:

MSU 21-17 UTM....nice road upset win for the Bears to earn. Terry Allen already beginning to work his magic down in Springfield?

YSU 31-20 SDSU...The Guins bounce back as the Jacks get a second taste of things to come in the Gateway.

IN St. 34-28 Austin Peay...The Sycs took one on the chin last week and are ready to even their record against a similarly talented team.

NIU 35-34 SIU....Think the Huskies are going to go all out not to fall to 0-2 on the young season. Should be a great game and could go either way.

IL St. 38-17 Murray St...After the Bird's embarrassing debacle last week against Drake, I see them coming out with fire in their eyes for the rest of the season. There is NO room for error now the rest of the way.

DUI 42-31 WIU...Even though DUI looked MORE than competive last week in a sloppy game against a possibly overated MU Tiger team, there's a chance they'll be overlooking the Necks a bit here, and the game could be ALOT closer than many expect.

UNI 21-20 Cyclowns...This game will be as close as it can get. UNI has enough horses to send all those Clown fans homes crying about how their team could lose to a FCS team.

A tally of 5-2 against some pretty decent competition this week should help keep the Gateway's stock pretty high. COOL! xcoolx

Good work, flier!!

Where Cap'n Cat is wordy and pejorative, you are succinct and respectful!!!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

dpd
September 6th, 2007, 07:37 PM
illinois state by 22 (or more, trying to compensate for last week's loss)
youngstown by 20
ut-martin by 7 (yes, that's tonight)
austin peay by 4
no. illinois by 8 (but i'm still rooting for the salukis - go dawgs!)
illini by 13
and - tada - northern iowa over iowa state by 5

This Week's D1 Prognostication (http://dpdsdogs.com/ncaa/cfprog.htm)

last week my gateway record was 6-1, missing only the drake upset

igo4uni
September 6th, 2007, 08:18 PM

There is only 1 thing worse than an ISU Cyclown...........an Iowa Squawkeye!!!

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2007, 08:28 PM
not saying they wont... just dont think they both will!
http://bestsmileys.com/clueless/1.gif
You may have a future in politics.

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2007, 08:58 PM
not saying they wont... just dont think they will!

Funny, I said the same thing 'bout Appy vs Michigan.

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Missouri State @ Tennessee-Rowan & Martin:
Bears get on the bus and snake through the hollers of MO, IL, KY and TN to take on some team I've never heard of. If I never heard of it, it must be an OVC team, right?
This is the year Missouri State starts making low rumblings and gains some sorely-needed confidence before commencing a brutal Gateway schedule. I mean, heck, this ain't the Big Sky, you actually have to earn a title by playing some good teams! Anyway, Cap'n Cat knows that Terry Allen is building a good thing there and will have the Bruins ready for this one. *****, he's got half the UNI staff down there!

Missouri State 24
Tennessee-Rowan & Martin 17

Well.
You got the margin right even if you were a bit low on the score.
Final
Missouri State 51 UTM 44

birdsflyhigh
September 6th, 2007, 09:48 PM
The MSU Bears get the Gateway off to a good start for the weekend's games with a road win against top 20 UTM. Good job Bears! xbeerchugx

MSUBear42
September 6th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I dont think ANYONE thought MO State would put up 51

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I dont think ANYONE thought MO State would put up 51
I might be a bit concerned about giving up 44, though. Still, it's a good win for the Bears.

MSUBear42
September 6th, 2007, 09:56 PM
No doubt about it, Our D really needs to work on not giving up the big play...

BTW, to anyone just looking at the final score. It really wasn't as close as it looks. MSU was leading all game.

ysuallthetime
September 6th, 2007, 10:32 PM
And don't forget the most important one from last year:

UNI over YSU....for the sixth time in a row!!!

Heavens, I'm flippin' clairvoyant!!!!

Wait wait more cappy predictions:

Illinois State over YSU xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Com eon man you pick against YSU every week and your wrong all but once.

Maine over YSU com eon man???
U.C. Davis over YSU come on man???

What were you thinking when you said Missouri State over YSU. Its's obvious you have a bias against YSU, Jealousy, or whatever. But it ruins your credibility when you make ridiculous prediction against them every week.

This is just the start of another year you show your bias to a fan group who has treated you fairly well. Now if you predict Stony Brook over YSU your just flat out getting blocked from me reading your posts.

Missouri State over YSU last season xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2007, 10:38 PM

Illinois State over YSU xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

What were you thinking when you said Missouri State over YSU. Its's obvious you have a bias against YSU, Jealousy, or whatever. But it ruins your credibility when you make ridiculous prediction against them every week.

This is just the start of another year you show your bias to a fan group who has treated you fairly well. Now if you predict Stony Brook over YSU your just flat out getting blocked from me reading your posts.

Missouri State over YSU last season xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Don't distract the Cap'n too much. He might forget his meds.

ysuallthetime
September 9th, 2007, 12:43 AM
[B]Cap'n Cat's Upset Pick Of The Week:
South Dakota State @ Youngstown State:
The Penguins are a proud progam who, only in recent years, have made noises of a "comeback" from the abyss of I-AA. Their playoff appearances last year were honorable and we GFCrs watched with conference pride as they took on the division last year, losing finally to App State, late of Big House fame.
However, the Pens are playing an early game against a team with which they are wholly unfamiliar, that is, an FCS team with true cred. Clarion, Lock Haven, Slippery Rock, Millersburg and Pennsylvania School Of Mines are all previously engaged, so YSU was forced to sked a decent team on their level.
SDSU are a bit above. Despite their playoff appearance last season, the Pens still mewl about a so-so coach and pine, longingly, for the "glory" days of yester-century.

The Future Of FCS 23
The Past Of FCS 18

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

igo4uni
September 9th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Don't distract the Cap'n too much. He might forget his meds.

That would be bad!!

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2007, 01:18 AM
As long as his YSU makes it 0-7 when they come to the Dome prediction comes true... xlolx

skinny_uncle
September 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM
The Cap'n picked five winners in seven games. Not bad.

Mountain Panther
September 9th, 2007, 10:35 AM

ALL HAIL THE CAP'N....AWWWWWWWWWWRIGHT!
http://www.panthermania.net/coppermine/albums/football/090807mp_uni_isu_fb_9.jpg

Cap'n Cat
September 9th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Hey, Mort - it's all humor! Run with it. And, yes, I will always pick against YSU - they're overrated.

Take this SDSU game - you guys are on the par with Western Illinois right now!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

You worship me at night and you know it, son!!

Cap'n Cat
September 9th, 2007, 11:53 AM

Thanky, Uncky - and, against everyone else's judgment, even picked TWO FCS > FBS games!!!

An' the YSU one doesn't even count because that's an obligatory loss pick!!!!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

BigApp
September 9th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Cap, looks like we both called the SIU and UNI wins! good job!

ysuallthetime
September 9th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Hey, Mort - it's all humor! Run with it. And, yes, I will always pick against YSU - they're overrated.

Take this SDSU game - you guys are on the par with Western Illinois right now!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

You worship me at night and you know it, son!!

Right just like when we went to the semi-finals last year. Just like when we won the Gateway back-to-back. Yea Cappy, your right. We played horrible against SDSU and we still won. We handed them the game for the taking and we still won. We got hosed on a fumble when we were driving, we still won. We are not on the same plain as Western Illinois because Western had to fight for the win. We however had to try to lose this game. We played bad, and still won.

skinny_uncle
September 9th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Right just like when we went to the semi-finals last year. Just like when we won the Gateway back-to-back. Yea Cappy, your right. We played horrible against SDSU and we still won. We handed them the game for the taking and we still won. We got hosed on a fumble when we were driving, we still won. We are not on the same plain as Western Illinois because Western had to fight for the win. We however had to try to lose this game. We played bad, and still won.
Chill. Don't get your blood pressure up like that over the Cap'n. He is just trying to get your goat (and apparently succeeding).

JackTwice
September 9th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Right just like when we went to the semi-finals last year. Just like when we won the Gateway back-to-back. Yea Cappy, your right. We played horrible against SDSU and we still won.xrolleyesx We handed them the game for the taking and we still won.xwhistlex We got hosed on a fumble when we were driving, we still won.xbawlingx We are not on the same plain as Western Illinois because Western had to fight for the win. We however had to try to lose this game.xoopsx We played bad, and still won.xrolleyesx xwhistlex

Dude, I am a pretty big homer myself but I am always willing to give the other team credit in a game. SDSU may have had something to do with YSU playing like crap. Last time I looked there were 2 teams on the field. It was a nice win by YSU in a tough game. Get the rest of your panties out of your crack.

ysuallthetime
September 9th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the Gateway is all I can say.

JackTwice
September 9th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the Gateway is all I can say.

I can tell you that many Jack fans are on the edge of their seat excited about joining the Gateway. Although, the stress of having 9 games that have gone like the last two (and I am sure the next one also) might force out more of the hair on the top of my head than I would like.xnodx

Cap'n Cat
September 10th, 2007, 07:05 AM

LMAO!!! "Gateway back-to-back"!?!?!!?!? You finished third in '05 and sat home....and STILL collected rings!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Looks like there's a little guy who needs a huggy-wuggy.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/61/78/23337861.jpg
"Cap'n Cat is a poopy doo-doo head and he makes me sad."

;) ;) ;) :D

ysubigred
September 10th, 2007, 07:11 AM
LMAO!!! "Gateway back-to-back"!?!?!!?!? You finished third in '05 and sat home....and STILL collected rings!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Looks like there's a little guy who needs a huggy-wuggy.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/61/78/23337861.jpg
"Cap'n Cat is a poopy doo-doo head and he makes me sad."

;) ;) ;) :D

Yep and laughed our arses off watching UNI get beat as usual in the big one xwhistlex

When you get 1 NC we'll talk, let alone 4 real rings xlolx

Cap'n Cat
September 10th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Yep and laughed our arses off watching UNI get beat as usual in the big one xwhistlex

When you get 1 NC we'll talk, let alone 4 real rings xlolx

Oh, you didn't laugh and you know it! And them YSU rings, I've seen three of them on eBay in the last month!

If the Pens ever beat UNI again (0-6 v Farley), we'll talk!

See, I can be petty, too!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ysubigred
September 10th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Oh, you didn't laugh and you know it! And them YSU rings, I've seen three of them on eBay in the last month!

See, I can be petty, too!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xbawlingx When's Farley going to 1BCS xnonono2x

Cap'n Cat
September 10th, 2007, 08:55 AM
xbawlingx When's Farley going to 1BCS xnonono2x

The same time Heacock takes over at Vermont.

ysuallthetime
September 10th, 2007, 09:16 PM

Rumor has it that the winning bidder resides in Cedar Falls Iowa. If you can't earn one, mine as well buy one.

GoGuins
September 10th, 2007, 09:22 PM

Fly you are back! Going for the 3 peat on being banned?

BearsCountry
September 10th, 2007, 10:27 PM

Wow I didnt know that, even Missouri State has beat UNI in that time frame.

Petrie Dish
September 10th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Wow I didnt know that, even Missouri State has beat UNI in that time frame.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Appstate29
September 10th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Nice pics capn, and UNI, SIU, you did us proud this week, but seriously, step up those schedules a 'lil bit, we learned with our debacle at UM, they are killing our SOS, but maybe we can step it up next year and play one or both of your great teams (or maybe in Chatty this year???)

skinny_uncle
September 11th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Nice pics capn, and UNI, SIU, you did us proud this week, but seriously, step up those schedules a 'lil bit, we learned with our debacle at UM, they are killing our SOS, but maybe we can step it up next year and play one or both of your great teams (or maybe in Chatty this year???)

Step up the schedule?
Northern Illinois has played in bowl games the last three years. Everybody doesn't get to play Michigan.