... in their last game of this season. xmadx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bziicO8Iy_w&feature=share

What are your thoughts on this?

crusader11
November 23rd, 2021, 06:32 AM
A total embarrassment.

ASU33
November 23rd, 2021, 06:38 AM
I don't understand why Virginia-Lynchburg keep ending up on schedules. Smh!

Laker
November 23rd, 2021, 06:57 AM

Exactly. An FCS team playing a NCCAA school- 56-6 in the second quarter- a mismatch.

DFW HOYA
November 23rd, 2021, 09:05 AM

The same reason why the University of Ft. Lauderdale and North American University were on schedules this year: 1) they'll play on the road, 2) it's a win, and 3) little or no guarantee required, and 4) it's a win.

VUL is historically black (though it was only a university recently) and can appeal to more established HBCU's to give them a chance. With the defections from the MEAC this year, there were more teams looking to fill dates this season and VUL also played (and lost badly to) Delaware State (56-6) and Norfolk State (42-14) in addition to games versus Duquesne (56-6) and Tennessee Tech (56-13).

https://www.dailypress.com/sports/college/hampton/dp-spt-lynchburg-university-football-granby-hampton-1027-story.html

JayJ79
November 23rd, 2021, 09:23 AM
looks like the initial scuffle began after VL #71 was blocking HU #8 (or perhaps #9, I can't tell) and sustained the block after the ballcarrier was well by and the pair were off the field and onto the track. The Howard player had grabbed onto the VL player as well, but then they both went out of frame (as the camera was following the ballcarrier)
Those sort of scuffles aren't uncommon, but then it looks like a number of VL bench players ran across the field from their (opposite) sideline and things started escalating.

side note/question: Is Howard one of those schools whose marching band is well known? (I don't really follow marching bands), and if so were they still able to do their "halftime show" even if the football game was ended early because of the fight?

ASU33
November 23rd, 2021, 10:38 AM
looks like the initial scuffle began after VL #71 was blocking HU #8 (or perhaps #9, I can't tell) and sustained the block after the ballcarrier was well by and the pair were off the field and onto the track. The Howard player had grabbed onto the VL player as well, but then they both went out of frame (as the camera was following the ballcarrier)
Those sort of scuffles aren't uncommon, but then it looks like a number of VL bench players ran across the field from their (opposite) sideline and things started escalating.

side note/question: Is Howard one of those schools whose marching band is well known? (I don't really follow marching bands), and if so were they still able to do their "halftime show" even if the football game was ended early because of the fight?

No. The halftime show was also canceled.

kdinva
November 23rd, 2021, 11:22 AM
QB is athletic, no doubt, just bad ending.

DFW HOYA
November 23rd, 2021, 12:14 PM
Howard's web site calling this a W. Not sure if the NCAA can rule this a "no-contest" when the opponent is not an NCAA member.

https://hubison.com/sports/football/schedule

ngineer
November 23rd, 2021, 05:24 PM
... in their last game of this season. xmadx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bziicO8Iy_w&feature=share

What are your thoughts on this?

It appeared that two players started fighting about the time they left the bottom of the screen while the camera was following the QB running. Obviously, whatever happened resulted in others getting involved with fisticuffs and helmet swinging. With the game being "called", does the team who was 'flagged' become the loser? or since Howard was ahead (huge lead only in second quarter) do they win the game if Lynchburg was guilty of an infraction?

taper
November 23rd, 2021, 05:32 PM
It appeared that two players started fighting about the time they left the bottom of the screen while the camera was following the QB running. Obviously, whatever happened resulted in others getting involved with fisticuffs and helmet swinging. With the game being "called", does the team who was 'flagged' become the loser? or since Howard was ahead (huge lead only in second quarter) do they win the game if Lynchburg was guilty of an infraction?
The NCAA website shows Howard at 2-8 in the MEAC standings, so it looks like this game didn't count at all.

Bisonoline
November 23rd, 2021, 06:38 PM
If you cant behave yourself you dont deserve to play this great game. You want to act like youre in the hood go back to the hood. There is no place in the game for **** like that.

JayJ79
November 23rd, 2021, 08:50 PM
If you cant behave yourself you dont deserve to play this great game. You want to act like youre in the hood go back to the hood. There is no place in the game for **** like that.

I've seen at least one NDSU player get ejected for throwing punches in a game

Libertine
November 24th, 2021, 12:10 AM
Obviously, whatever happened resulted in others getting involved with fisticuffs and helmet swinging. With the game being "called", does the team who was 'flagged' become the loser? or since Howard was ahead (huge lead only in second quarter) do they win the game if Lynchburg was guilty of an infraction?

The game was ruled a "No contest" meaning literally that. There's no winner or loser regardless of who started it or who got flagged. It's as if the game didn't happen.

JayJ79
November 24th, 2021, 10:25 AM
The game was ruled a "No contest" meaning literally that. There's no winner or loser regardless of who started it or who got flagged. It's as if the game didn't happen.
I don't like that. Unless something big happened that wasn't shown in the video, I didn't really see the Howard players do anything wrong other than maybe the one guy involved in the initial fight.
The on-field results were quite conclusive, so I think they should just let the score as it was at the time of the game stand in this case.

Not that it really matters one way or the other as far as either teams W/L record this season.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2021, 10:33 AM

32309.....SKIRMISHES.....ARE UH BONUS.....LIKE NASCAR CAR CRASHES...........BRAWK!

Mfergy4
November 24th, 2021, 10:49 AM
This looks like a football game that broke out into a Hockey Brawl....not classy, not classy at all.

Bisonoline
November 24th, 2021, 11:33 AM
I've seen at least one NDSU player get ejected for throwing punches in a game

One ****ing player???? JFC