November 23rd, 2021, 12:56 PM
JSU- 16,808
EKU- 11,506
SFA- 8,349
UCA- 7,506
ACU- 7,415
SHSU- 7,333
LU- 5,747

While that's better than previous years, what the **** is wrong with your alumni?

You guys get pissed when I call out attendance but the proof is right there.

JacksFan40
November 23rd, 2021, 01:42 PM
Only 7,333 for the defending champions and a future FBS team? Especially in a football crazy state like Texas? That’s not good at all.

katss07
November 23rd, 2021, 02:16 PM
While that's better than previous years, what the **** is wrong with your alumni?

You guys get pissed when I call out attendance but the proof is right there.
Ehhhh idk it's not a fixable issue if the university doesn't put any resources into improving it and marketing the team. Don't care that you bash us on twitter honestly, the ones angry enough to respond show up at every game. It's the fans who stay at home to watch UT and A&M that need to hear it. That's on the U. I used to get worked up about how ****ty of support we get but it kinda is what it is at this point. We win the games whether there are 5k or 25k in the stands and that's what matters to me. Yeah, it sucks but what can you do if the school isn't working on it. I think you know the story.

We'll have big crowds if/when SFA comes to town and/or when we host the semis. The student tix line was out the door this morning. That'll be it for a while. Liberty and LaTech won't draw in the masses. CUSA should have gone with EKU.

MSUWineGuy
November 23rd, 2021, 03:00 PM
7,333 screams FBS to me!
AFTER a national championship?!

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2021, 03:40 PM
Only 16,808? Man it really was a down year for us.

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2021, 03:41 PM
Ehhhh idk it's not a fixable issue if the university doesn't put any resources into improving it and marketing the team. Don't care that you bash us on twitter honestly, the ones angry enough to respond show up at every game. It's the fans who stay at home to watch UT and A&M that need to hear it. That's on the U. I used to get worked up about how ****ty of support we get but it kinda is what it is at this point. We win the games whether there are 5k or 25k in the stands and that's what matters to me. Yeah, it sucks but what can you do if the school isn't working on it. I think you know the story.

We'll have big crowds if/when SFA comes to town and/or when we host the semis. The student tix line was out the door this morning. That'll be it for a while. Liberty and LaTech won't draw in the masses. CUSA should have gone with EKU.
We are in a state dominated by Bama and the Barn. Using UT and TAMU is a cop out excuse.

Daytripper
November 23rd, 2021, 03:42 PM
Sam Houston has the lowest ratio of wins to attendance in history.

SFA 93
November 23rd, 2021, 03:58 PM
It's a commuter school, where students go to learn and to get their degrees, not watch sports. That comes later after they graduate and attend the BOTPW in Houston.

Daytripper
November 23rd, 2021, 04:02 PM
It's commuter school, students there to learn and to get degrees, not watch sports. That comes later after they graduate and attend the BOTPW in Houston.

Actually, pretty accurate. xeyebrowx

Coogkat15
November 23rd, 2021, 05:30 PM
I’ll take National/Conference Championship wins over attendance. All we have to do is keep winning and that should fix itself, with time and proper financial investment. There’s teams with great attendance numbers and haven’t done or won anything. Clearly our recruits aren’t concerned because we keep reloading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puddin Tane
November 23rd, 2021, 09:06 PM
JSU- 16,808
EKU- 11,506
SFA- 8,349
UCA- 7,506
ACU- 7,415
SHSU- 7,333
LU- 5,747

all 5,000 of us deserve refunds.

ntxgamecock
November 24th, 2021, 09:30 AM
I guess this explains why Frisco is painted green and yellow every January instead of orange and white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEAR
November 24th, 2021, 08:19 PM
UCA home games:

UAPB: 11,527 (in-state game)
SHSU: 9457 (playing #1)
EKU: 5438
Texas Wesleyan: 7246 (homecoming)
SFA: 4115

Cocky
November 25th, 2021, 07:33 AM
Why would anyone stay home to watch Texas? Sam would beat Texas.

Does Sam sell beer at games or have a club level for liquor and food?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2021, 07:37 AM

They dont have a club level but they have a really cool track. TAMU and Texas don't have one of those. It's Uniqueness.

katss07
November 25th, 2021, 03:46 PM

Yeah, we have a few suites and a club/lounge. Also have a new beer garden/pavilion that serves bbq which is always packed. Hopefully FBS brings more amenities, that'll be the one positive of the move, though I'd rather us just stick to playing FCS football in our track stadium.

Panther88
November 25th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Yeah, we have a few suites and a club/lounge. Also have a new beer garden/pavilion that serves bbq which is always packed. Hopefully FBS brings more amenities, that'll be the one positive of the move, though I'd rather us just stick to playing FCS football in our track stadium.

Isn't your fanbase energized w/ the pending fundraising for the $300M-$475M new stadium, complete with 20 luxury suites, parking amenities, et al? Where will the new stadium be located (land-locked)? Plans to partner w/ CISD & use Woodforest stadium for a few years, in case the new stadium is in the same physical location as Bowers?

The thought of hosting ut-austin, tx tech, baylor, smu, tcu, utep, utsa, or txa&m on campus for a football game, doesn't that sound like an intriguing venture?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2021, 05:17 PM
Isn't your fanbase energized w/ the pending fundraising for the $300M-$475M new stadium, complete with 20 luxury suites, parking amenities, et al? Where will the new stadium be located (land-locked)? Plans to partner w/ CISD & use Woodforest stadium for a few years, in case the new stadium is in the same physical location as Bowers?

The thought of hosting ut-austin, tx tech, baylor, smu, tcu, utep, utsa, or txa&m on campus for a football game, doesn't that sound like an intriguing venture?
Wait is Sam actually looking at spending $400m on a stadium?

Panther88
November 25th, 2021, 05:39 PM
Wait is Sam actually looking at spending $400m on a stadium?

This is tx, JS. Financially rich schools like SHSU can easily afford. $$$ flows freely about the state schools like the purest water from the Rio Frio.

IMHO, they have to spend quite a bit of $$$$ to stay competitive w/ the other FBSers in-state and their revamped/new-like facilities in order to attract and retain higher-quality student-athletes.

katss07
November 26th, 2021, 01:17 PM

No, none of that sounds intriguing if we're going to play in CUSA.