PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall Playoffs Round 1: Florida A&M @ Southeastern Louisiana

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 02:10 PM
Game kicks off at 6PM CT on 11/27. The winner goes to #3 James Madison.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51695947653_840dfc05ec_z.jpg

Who ya got?

putter
November 21st, 2021, 02:15 PM
Will go with SLU. I remember 2 years ago SLU came in after a close win over Villanova, had similar offensive numbers and got blasted by the Griz. Not sure but will take the offense in this game

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2021, 02:24 PM
Will go with SLU. I remember 2 years ago SLU came in after a close win over Villanova, had similar offensive numbers and got blasted by the Griz. Not sure but will take the offense in this game

you put up 70 on the Lions if my memory is correct

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2021, 02:49 PM

We didn't have anywhere close to the same numbers offensively, though we were pretty good on offense that year — just not as good as this year. But we were depleted by injury down the stretch defensively, especially in the secondary, and it showed in the playoffs. We're in a similar situation now, unfortunately, but do have more depth. We'll have to outscore people though — it is what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

you put up 70 on the Lions if my memory is correct

73 to be exact.

McCowboys
November 21st, 2021, 04:02 PM
Congrats to the Lions on making the field!

- - - Updated - - -

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2021, 04:06 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Cowboy!

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2021, 04:12 PM
Never in doubt LK2

interesting game with the SWAC team coming to Hammond

I hope they bring a lot of their fans but most of them probably had other plans for next weekend

I think you might hang 70 on em but they might score 45 themselves

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2021, 04:21 PM
Never in doubt LK2

I hope they bring a lot of their fans but most of them probably had other plans for next weekend

I will say this: They are talented on defense and have an outstanding pass rusher in Isaiah Land. I suspect we'll play a lot better on defense this week than last, but we have injuries and depth will be tested.

We need them to bring as many folks as possible to cover our bid, which was outrageous.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 04:53 PM
FAMU is third in the FCS in defensive pass efficiency and SLU is 2nd in the FCS in team passing efficiency. Something will have to give in this matchup.

ASU33
November 21st, 2021, 05:00 PM
Never in doubt LK2

FAMU will have a nice contingency in Hammond on Saturday. You'll get FAMU fans along with other HBCU fans to make that game.

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2021, 05:10 PM
FAMU will have a nice contingency in Hammond on Saturday. You'll get FAMU fans along with other HBCU fans to make that game.

Nice! We welcome all visitors to our humble, yet historic, Strawberry Stadium. We've even had Jackrabbits show up on a whim.

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2021, 05:13 PM
FAMU is third in the FCS in defensive pass efficiency and SLU is 2nd in the FCS in team passing efficiency. Something will have to give in this matchup.

Somebody's band will be playing every few plays, with our offense vs their style of defense. I can fit our band in my back pocket.

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 05:26 PM

Nice, should make for a fun environment!

mvemjsunpx
November 22nd, 2021, 03:25 AM
Surprised this one isn't in Tallahassee. Did FAMU not bid? Their fan support is way bigger than SELU's.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2021, 04:56 AM
Surprised this one isn't in Tallahassee. Did FAMU not bid? Their fan support is way bigger than SELU's.

not sure, but LK2 indicated that the SLA bid was huge

mvemjsunpx
November 22nd, 2021, 06:14 AM

Ah, OK. I think this game would be real interesting in Tallahassee, but SELU's a clear favorite in Hammond. The Rattler defense was a bit more dominant at home than on the road.

Professor
November 22nd, 2021, 07:34 AM
i'm very interested to see the offense of SLU vs the FAMU defense

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2021, 02:29 PM
SLU opens as 14 point favorites on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php). O/U of 65.5.

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2021, 02:36 PM
Extremely huge. Zero chance we were playing first round on the road, against anybody — unless the NCAA just doesn't want the money.

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2021, 02:39 PM
i'm very interested to see the offense of SLU vs the FAMU defense

No. 1 ranked offense vs the No. 1 ranked defense — something has to give.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2021, 03:51 PM
I am debating this one or the Bayou Classic. Probably end up at home. Lol

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2021, 04:01 PM

Come to Hammond, we'll take care of you.

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2021, 04:09 PM
At least the NCAA didn't send a team located 1000+ miles away to play Southeastern Louisiana in the first round. Yes, I'm still salty about 2019 (and some of the ridiculous officiating in that game).

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2021, 04:14 PM

It's a shame the game times aren't staggered such that you could attend both games.

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2021, 04:15 PM
At least the NCAA didn't send a team located 1000+ miles away to play Southeastern Louisiana in the first round. Yes, I'm still salty about 2019 (and some of the ridiculous officiating in that game).
You guys should have put in a bid.

ASU33
November 22nd, 2021, 04:19 PM

C'mon out to the Bayou Classic. You'll absolutely have a great time.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2021, 04:33 PM

Too bad the Classic can’t be incorporated into a playoff game somehow, and if that can’t work get an Ivy champ down to Louisiana to follow up the Classic

ysubigred
November 22nd, 2021, 05:58 PM
SELA FAMU coin flip.. tails SELA wins it.

I have great memories of the YSU FAMU match up in the playoffs in 99.. Great band, great fans.. Good luck to both team [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Daytripper
November 22nd, 2021, 06:40 PM

I will never forget a few years back my wife and I and some friends decided to drive to New Orleans over the Thanksgiving holiday. To this day I have never seen so much team spirit all over vehicles heading to a game. It was incredible.

McCowboys
November 23rd, 2021, 06:41 AM
I will never forget a few years back my wife and I and some friends decided to drive to New Orleans over the Thanksgiving holiday. To this day I have never seen so much team spirit all over vehicles heading to a game. It was incredible.

Same here. I live in the Houston area and I remember one Saturday a few years ago when I was driving to Lake Charles for a McNeese football game, and as I headed east on I-10, I encountered hundreds of vehicles heading west and so many of them had flags/pennants flying. It was incredible! I finally figured out that they were Southern Jaguar fans heading to a game at TSU or Prairie View. I will never forget that show of school spirit.

aceinthehole
November 23rd, 2021, 06:47 AM
Good luck Lions. CCSU fans are rooting for SLU to make some noise in the playoffs 👍

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2021, 08:40 AM
Good luck Lions. CCSU fans are rooting for SLU to make some noise in the playoffs 👍
Thanks Ace!

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2021, 11:11 AM
I watched the Florida classic replay last night

Bethune vs Florida A&M In Orlando

The crowd and bands were special, and I’m not even talking about the half time show

by the way, Sam Herder of Hero sports picked the Rattlers in this game

ming01
November 23rd, 2021, 11:21 AM
On paper it looks like SELA should win but would not be surprised one bit if FA&M gets this one.

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2021, 11:23 AM
On paper it looks like SELA should win but would not be surprised one bit if FA&M gets this one.

why?

ScrappytheOwl
November 23rd, 2021, 05:43 PM
As a KSU fan, this game will be interesting to follow given the ASUN rumors. From afar, it looks like SELA has a high powered offense but could improve on defense. I think KSU/SELA could be a fun rivalry in the future.

taper
November 23rd, 2021, 05:48 PM
Oh the horrors of traveling. UNI is traveling 1500 miles this weekend and UC Davis is going 1700. I doubt either would prefer to sit at home on the couch.

Chalupa Batman
November 23rd, 2021, 06:01 PM
Oh the horrors of traveling. UNI is traveling 1500 miles this weekend and UC Davis is going 1700. I doubt either would prefer to sit at home on the couch.

He’s not salty he had to travel, he’s salty they didn’t get Monmouth, Holy Cross, Albany, or Central Connecticut in the 1st and had to play a real team instead.

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2021, 06:53 PM
He’s not salty he had to travel, he’s salty they didn’t get Monmouth, Holy Cross, Albany, or Central Connecticut in the 1st and had to play a real team instead.

yea they sent all those delicious cupcakes to the Mid west or Pacific Northwest

Chalupa Batman
November 23rd, 2021, 06:58 PM
yea they sent all those delicious cupcakes to the Mid west or Pacific Northwest

In the 2nd yes. In the 1st round those 4 teams played amongst themselves, and Villanova was the odd man out so they got put on a plane. I’d probably have a gripe over that too.

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2021, 07:04 PM
In the 2nd yes. In the 1st round those 4 teams played amongst themselves, and Villanova was the odd man out so they got put on a plane. I’d probably have a gripe over that too.

ok, your memory is beating mine right now, but that Nova SLA game is what the playoffs should be about

travel

Chalupa Batman
November 23rd, 2021, 07:32 PM
ok, your memory is beating mine right now, but that Nova SLA game is what the playoffs should be about

travel

I agree

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2021, 08:50 PM

I could walk to the game from work, but it's going to be a busy work weekend. I'll probably make the call Friday night.

CHIP72
November 24th, 2021, 06:56 AM

Nope - salty about the travel. When you don't live in tumbleweed country like some of you do and there are various, other teams nearby also in the playoffs, you expect to play one of those teams, not get shuffled off to play 1000+ miles away.

I will say the 2019 Villanova/Southeastern Louisiana game was a really good game, even if the result wasn't what I wanted.

Panther88
November 24th, 2021, 07:30 AM
Okay Coach WS; time to make your case understood. No better opportunity than against the 6'7" big QB and his crew.

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2021, 11:37 AM
I could walk to the game from work, but it's going to be a busy work weekend. I'll probably make the call Friday night.

I've got a couple of tickets I'm not using for SLU/FAMU. If you want to make your way to Hammond, and want them, DM me.

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2021, 06:46 PM
Hearing FAMU isn't bringing their band.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2021, 06:52 PM

thats bad

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2021, 08:51 PM

That's a bummer

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2021, 09:28 PM
That's a bummer
Yes it is — we were looking forward to having them at Strawberry Stadium.

Not sure if you saw my previous post but I have 2 tickets for Saturday if you want them (no charge) — just DM me.

ElCid
November 24th, 2021, 10:43 PM
I watched the Florida classic replay last night

Bethune vs Florida A&M In Orlando

The crowd and bands were special, and I’m not even talking about the half time show

by the way, Sam Herder of Hero sports picked the Rattlers in this game

I pretty sure A&M is going to get rolled up. Anything can happen obviously, but this is a mismatch. I heard a lot of folks screaming about SOS and getting playoff spots, but it didn't seem be applied to A&M. I am sure they are a half descent team, but Massey had their SOS at #109/128. Their best win was #88/128. The next worse SOS for an at large was #44/128. Someone splain please why no consternation here. I'm glad for any team to get a chance, but not a lot of second guessing on this pick by those screaming about good wins and SOS. In any event, SELA by 3-4 scores.

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2021, 11:06 PM
I pretty sure A&M is going to get rolled up. Anything can happen obviously, but this is a mismatch. I heard a lot of folks screaming about SOS and getting playoff spots, but it didn't seem be applied to A&M. I am sure they are a half descent team, but Massey had their SOS at #109/128. Their best win was #88/128. The next worse SOS for an at large was #44/128. Someone splain please why no consternation here. I'm glad for any team to get a chance, but not a lot of second guessing on this pick by those screaming about good wins and SOS. In any event, SELA by 3-4 scores.

I don't care what their SOS is, the Rattlers have good players, are well-coached, won nine games, and deserve to be in. I do like our chances if we play to our capabilities but I expect a formidable opponent to show up on Saturday.

ElCid
November 24th, 2021, 11:11 PM
I don't care what their SOS is, the Rattlers have good players, are well-coached, won nine games, and deserve to be in. I do like our chances if we play to our capabilities but I expect a formidable opponent to show up on Saturday.

Like I said, I'm sure they do. I was just trying to rationalize the arguments made in other cases of wins/SOS. And I hope you don't underestimate them. I am almost always a fan of the underdog when my team is not playing so I will silently be routing for them, but I will probably be disappointed.

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2021, 11:33 PM
Like I said, I'm sure they do. I was just trying to rationalize the arguments made in other cases of wins/SOS. And I hope you don't underestimate them. I am almost always a fan of the underdog when my team is not playing so I will silently be routing for them, but I will probably be disappointed.

Trust me, we're not going to underestimate them. All you have to do is flip on the tape — they have difference makers on defense that we'll need to account for. That said, if we play to our capabilities, we can move the ball and score on anybody but they aren't going to rollover — they know how to play defense. At-large bids to the playoffs aren't accidents. Committees use a variety of instruments to evaluate teams, including schedule strength, but wins are important and the eyeball test has to fit. I think it does in FAMU's case.

GAD
November 25th, 2021, 08:01 AM
NCAA won't pay for thatxdontknowx

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2021, 08:02 AM
SLU will get their points but it'll be tougher sledding for them than usual. I still think they score 30+. Question is can the FAMU offense keep up?

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2021, 08:38 AM
NCAA won't pay for thatxdontknowx

ESPN?

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2021, 08:41 AM
SLU will get their points but it'll be tougher sledding for them than usual. I still think they score 30+. Question is can the FAMU offense keep up?

The SWAC is the great unknown, sure Florida A&M has some impact players on defense but the defense as a whole has not seen a passing game like this

I think SLA will win rather easily

GAD
November 25th, 2021, 08:57 AM
ESPN?
It won't hurt to ask

lionsrking2
November 25th, 2021, 09:38 AM
NCAA won't pay for thatxdontknowx They will but apparently couldn’t find enough hotel space for them, plus they’re flying team to Baton Rouge instead of busing to Hammond. Tallahassee is technically within the 400 mile bus ride distance from Hammond. Baton Rouge is another 40 miles to the west.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2021, 10:15 AM
They will but apparently couldn’t find enough hotel space for them, plus they’re flying team to Baton Rouge instead of busing to Hammond. Tallahassee is technically within the 400 mile bus ride distance from Hammond. Baton Rouge is another 40 miles to the west.

FEMA?

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2021, 10:39 AM

...2003....DELAWARE PAID FO' BAND...TA 'NOOGA.......2 PLANES.......GET DERE....HONK YER HORNS......RE-BOARD TA HOME....NO HOTEL.....AWK!

lionsrking2
November 25th, 2021, 10:55 AM
FEMA?
Possibly but find it hard to believe they couldn’t find something east of here.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2021, 11:21 AM

like Mr C said, just pull an all nighter..... load the bus after the game and hit the road.... be a blast for college kids as most ain’t gonna be doing much sleeping in the Hotel anyway

GAD
November 25th, 2021, 11:44 AM
Bills vs Saints
Texas A&M vs LSU and
Bayou Classic all this weekend

lionsrking2
November 25th, 2021, 12:12 PM
Bills vs Saints
Texas A&M vs LSU and
Bayou Classic all this weekend
Yeah but there are plenty enough rooms from Slidell/New Orleans to Baton Rouge to accommodate everybody. Heck, stay in Gulfport/Biloxi, MS — it’s an hour and half drive or less depending on traffic.

Chalupa Batman
November 25th, 2021, 12:53 PM
They will but apparently couldn’t find enough hotel space for them, plus they’re flying team to Baton Rouge instead of busing to Hammond. Tallahassee is technically within the 400 mile bus ride distance from Hammond. Baton Rouge is another 40 miles to the west.

When I looked at Google maps it’s 405 miles between the universities. I’m guessing that’s still close enough to bus but that the Rattlers would have the choice since it’s over 400 miles.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2021, 11:36 PM
Am i wrong to think there will be a lot of points in this one? I have SELA winning something like 52-41. I do feel like playoff experience counts for something.....

I'd love to see the Rattlers advance. It's been a long time since they nearly completed a magical run to 'Nooga.....

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2021, 12:21 AM
Am i wrong to think there will be a lot of points in this one? I have SELA winning something like 52-41. I do feel like playoff experience counts for something.....

I'd love to see the Rattlers advance. It's been a long time since they nearly completed a magical run to 'Nooga.....

Not going to be anything like that.

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2021, 04:08 PM
Tallahassee TV saying they may bring band. But they told our ops folks they’re not coming.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2021, 06:30 PM
Rattlers came to play

Mfergy4
November 27th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Rattlers are getting rolled

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2021, 06:58 PM

Yes

Mfergy4
November 27th, 2021, 07:06 PM
That was a ridiculous Targeting call....glad it got over turned

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 07:11 PM
Yes

It could a lot uglier before long. I said it earlier, not sure how A&M scored an at large. They did not warrant one. There are so many other better teams it isn't funny. But that was the constant mantra I heard from lots of posters who were being called out because some were supporting teams with worse records getting in over other teams who had "better records" but "were not as good," at least according to those defending their lesser records. Well this one got glossed over, and A&M's seriously weak SOS is showing, and to be honest, they really are not that good in the big picture. I watched another game of theirs earlier in the year was unimpressed. I think I underestimated SELA's MOV.

Mfergy4
November 27th, 2021, 07:15 PM
It could a lot uglier before long. I said it earlier, not sure how A&M scored an at large. They did not warrant one. There are so many other better teams it isn't funny. But that was the constant mantra I heard from lots of posters who were being called out because some were supporting teams with worse records getting in over other teams who had "better records" but "were not as good," at least according to those defending their lesser records. Well this one got glossed over, and A&M's seriously weak SOS is showing, and to be honest, they really are not that good in the big picture. I watched another game of theirs earlier in the year was unimpressed. I think I underestimated SELA's MOV.

xnodx

Mfergy4
November 27th, 2021, 07:22 PM
https://www.mysnakepet.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Can-You-Defang-A-Snake.png

Bison56
November 27th, 2021, 07:39 PM
Good game SLU.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2021, 08:13 PM
No targeting.

kdinva
November 27th, 2021, 08:22 PM
Mercer and URI fans steamed at FAMU and UNI......but every november we all argue this.....

apaladin
November 27th, 2021, 08:24 PM

Memo to committee, never ever give an at large bid to a SWAC or MEAC team whether it is poliitically correct or not. It is a wasted bid.

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 08:26 PM
Mercer and URI fans steamed at FAMU and UNI......but every november we all argue this.....

Yeah but this was fairly egregious. The UNI pick wasn't horrible based on outcome. This one looked bad on paper and in outcome. The UC Davis pick is somewhere in between.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2021, 08:31 PM
Actually SLA has looked better on offense than they have tonight

but everyone scores points on SLA and that tells the story about the SWAC

mvfcfan
November 27th, 2021, 08:50 PM
I don't know why they even consider MEAC / SWAC teams anyways. If they aren't sending their best teams to the playoffs then none of them deserve a spot. Either be all in or all out.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2021, 08:51 PM
It's a shame this is the nightcap. What a clunker.....

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 08:57 PM
SELA is throttling back. Almost half way through 4th and A&M with 134 yards of O.......

McNeese75
November 27th, 2021, 08:59 PM
Tallahassee TV saying they may bring band. But they told our ops folks they’re not coming.

They shoulda brought the band. They probably could have won that battle.

katss07
November 27th, 2021, 09:19 PM
This weekend I’m thankful for the Celebration Bowl. Imagine if we let in god awful teams from this conference like FAMU every year. Seriously, the PFL is better than the SWAC. FAMU and JSU should not be allowed to be ranked

Catbooster
November 27th, 2021, 09:48 PM
Meh. I like to see new teams in the playoffs. Would you rather have the 7th place MVFC team (Indiana State or North Dakota)? The 6th place Big Sky team (Weber State)? Maybe the 3rd place ASUN/WAC (EKU), 2nd Big South (Monmouth), 3rd CAA (Elon), 2nd MEAC (NCCU), 2nd NEC (Duquesne), 2nd OVC (SEMO), 2nd Patriot (Colgate), 2nd Pioneer (San Diego), 2nd SoCon (Mercer) or 3rd Southland (Nicholls)?

Some of those teams could make a decent argument that they should have been in ahead of FAMU (and I'd probably agree) but it's really just arguing over who should fill out the bracket. Ever since we expanded from 16 teams (especially since we expanded from 20 teams) I've felt that the last 4 in/out have nothing to complain about. If you make it, congratulations you get another week or two of football, but if you don't - you didn't prove that you have a shot at winning the national championship. Maybe it's better to let the teams from conferences that are lagging see how far behind they are.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2021, 09:52 PM
This weekend I’m thankful for the Celebration Bowl. Imagine if we let in god awful teams from this conference like FAMU every year. Seriously, the PFL is better than the SWAC. FAMU and JSU should not be allowed to be ranked

Patriot league better than SWAC... let’s no get crazy now

katss07
November 27th, 2021, 09:55 PM
Patriot league better than SWAC... let’s no get crazy now
Oh I meant Pioneer League. But the Patriot is better too. FAMU wouldn’t have beaten Sacred Heart.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2021, 10:02 PM
Oh I meant Pioneer League. But the Patriot is better too. FAMU wouldn’t have beaten Sacred Heart.

Sacred Heart is not in the Patriot League though

The Patriot League is horrific

I would love too see Fl A&M play Sacred Heart

ysubigred
November 27th, 2021, 10:03 PM

I would love too see Fl A&M play Sacred Heart16 teams stop the madness [emoji15]

katss07
November 27th, 2021, 10:10 PM

Yes, but Sacred Heart lost to a PL team today.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2021, 10:20 PM
Yes, but Sacred Heart lost to a PL team today.

who is next best Patriot League team?

katss07
November 27th, 2021, 10:44 PM
Idk. I don’t watch the PL. Fordham?

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2021, 10:46 PM
These guys???

http://www.assignmentpoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Roman-Republican-Constitution-1.jpg

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2021, 10:51 PM
I could name about 10-15 teams that didn't make the field that would have rolled FAMU today.

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2021, 10:56 PM
Nah…FUBeAR heard the FAMU AD talking about FAMU’s case for the Playoffs about a month ago. He said FAMU’s Student-Athletes deserved access and an equitable opportunity for historical participation in the FCS Playoffs. When they beat Southern on 11/6 to get to 7 D1 wins, FUBeAR inked the Rattlers into an At-Large bid. No way were they not going to be included in the field.

And…y’know…UNI lost only 4 MVFC games…which the Committee reasons is pretty much the same as winning 4 games in almost all other FCS Conferences…I mean, seriously, the Panthers lost to 3 other Playoff Teams, 2 of which also lost today…1 of which lost today to an OVC Team playing with a back-up QB. The Panthers were clearly one of the best losers available from the MVFC remaining in the At-Large pool.

FUBeAR is not salty at all. The Playoff Selection Committee was able to justify each of their selections with the logic they chose to use to justify those selections.

The real mystery is how the Selection Committee could not find the logic needed to include 5-6 North Dakota & 5-6 Indiana State in the field. The Hawks & the the Sycamores may have been even better losers than UNI.

ysubigred
November 27th, 2021, 11:13 PM
Nah…FUBeAR heard the FAMU AD talking about FAMU’s case for the Playoffs about a month ago. He said FAMU’s Student-Athletes deserved access and an equitable opportunity for historical participation in the FCS Playoffs. When they beat Southern on 11/6 to get to 7 D1 wins, FUBeAR inked the Rattlers into an At-Large bid. No way were they not going to be included in the field.

And…y’know…UNI lost only 4 MVFC games…which the Committee reasons is pretty much the same as winning 4 games in almost all other FCS Conferences…I mean, seriously, the Panthers lost to 3 other Playoff Teams, 2 of which also lost today…1 of which lost today to an OVC Team playing with a back-up QB. The Panthers were clearly one of the best losers available from the MVFC remaining in the At-Large pool.

FUBeAR is not salty at all. The Playoff Selection Committee was able to justify each of their selections with the logic they chose to use to justify those selections.

The real mystery is how the Selection Committee could not find the logic needed to include 5-6 North Dakota & 5-6 Indiana State in the field. The Hawks & the the Sycamores may have been even better losers than UNI.3-7 YSU.. .500 against playoff teams.. LOL

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2021, 11:17 PM
3-7 YSU.. .500 against playoff teams.. LOL

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkI know, right. That said, FUBeAR didn’t want to go too far in making the Committees’s completely logical case for including the Penguins in the field. Some people are kinda sensitive, y’know.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2021, 12:33 AM
Unpopular opinion time but I'm still glad the committee gave the invite to FAMU. We know how teams like Mercer, EKU, Monmouth, Weber St, and Rhode Island have fared against playoff caliber competition this year but we didn't know with FAMU. Now we do. They probably didn't do any favors for future SWAC teams that might be worthy of consideration but better to determine an unknown than to confirm what was already known IMHO. None of those teams were likely to make it past the 2nd round anyway.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 05:50 AM
Idk. I don’t watch the PL. Fordham?

Just wanted to get you on record admitting you don’t watch the Patriot league

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 06:00 AM
Unpopular opinion time but I'm still glad the committee gave the invite to FAMU. We know how teams like Mercer, EKU, Monmouth, Weber St, and Rhode Island have fared against playoff caliber competition this year but we didn't know with FAMU. Now we do. They probably didn't do any favors for future SWAC teams that might be worthy of consideration but better to determine an unknown than to confirm what was already known IMHO. None of those teams were likely to make it past the 2nd round anyway.

I generally agree with this, although I was pretty sure most forgot how bad SWAC was OOC

Florida A&M has several really good players on D, defense played well considering SLA routinely put up 50 points

but the offense is severely challenged and looked overmatched against a Defense that had struggled mightily

Mercer has the strongest case

Rhode Island? Florida A&M defense would make it a game.... a very low scoring game

kdinva
November 28th, 2021, 10:44 AM

Jay Walker on the telecast?

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 11:17 AM
Jay Walker on the telecast?

doesn't matter who the announcers are, I watch games with sound all the way down

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 28th, 2021, 11:56 AM
No more politically correct playoff picks please.

Pick the best teams. FAMU was from playoff worthy. If the MEAC and SWAC don't want to send their best then don't pick their leftovers.

crusader11
November 28th, 2021, 12:54 PM
No more politically correct playoff picks please.

Pick the best teams. FAMU was from playoff worthy. If the MEAC and SWAC don't want to send their best then don't pick their leftovers.

This is actually a thought that went through my mind, too...in the age of inclusion and political correctness, now was the time to invite FAMU into the field.

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2021, 01:29 PM
This is actually a thought that went through my mind, too...in the age of inclusion and political correctness, now was not the time to not invite FAMU into the field.
FYP

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2021, 01:46 PM
FYP
Who would you have replaced them with?

crusader11
November 28th, 2021, 01:52 PM
FYP

Ha, thank you. Any playoff eligible team from the CAA, Valley, or Big Sky would have been a better option than FAMU.

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Ha, thank you. Any playoff eligible team from the CAA, Valley, or Big Sky would have been a better option than FAMU. Who?

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Who?
Probably any playoff eligible team from the CAA, Valley, or Big Sky...

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2021, 02:14 PM
Probably any playoff eligible team from the CAA, Valley, or Big Sky...
Result wouldn't have been any different.

Chalupa Batman
November 28th, 2021, 02:22 PM

I'm pretty sure Weber State would've put up a much better fight. Just ask EWU.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Not the point. The point of the playoff is to have the best teams. It's not "we should have put X, Y, or Z in because they would have beat SLU", it's "we should have put X, Y, or Z in because they are better than FAMU"

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2021, 02:34 PM
Not the point. The point of the playoff is to have the best teams. It's not "we should have put X, Y, or Z in because they would have beat SLU", it's "we should have put X, Y, or Z in because they are better than FAMU"
The point of the playoffs is to take the best representation of each league from around the country. The Big Sky, CAA and MVFC are plenty well represented with zero chance of their best teams being left out. Jackson State beat FAMU by one-point, 7-6. There's plenty of argument to be made that FAMU is at least equal to JSU as the best representative of the SWAC. Furthermore, they went 9-2 with a respectable FBS loss. They earned their way in and lost, just like UNI did, Davidson, Missouri State, etc. To follow your line of argument, Nicholls State should have been in — they are a lot better than several teams who did get in.

Puddin Tane
November 28th, 2021, 03:07 PM
I was glad to see a team like famu. They, unlike uni, earned it

Puddin Tane
November 28th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Lionsr, any chance of scelfo to the cajuns?

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Lionsr, any chance of scelfo to the cajuns?
None IMO, but our previous head coach will be a prime candidate, as well as our former DBs coach.

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Not much better.

McCowboys
November 28th, 2021, 04:32 PM
The point of the playoffs is to take the best representation of each league from around the country. The Big Sky, CAA and MVFC are plenty well represented with zero chance of their best teams being left out. Jackson State beat FAMU by one-point, 7-6. There's plenty of argument to be made that FAMU is at least equal to JSU as the best representative of the SWAC. Furthermore, they went 9-2 with a respectable FBS loss. They earned their way in and lost, just like UNI did, Davidson, Missouri State, etc. To follow your line of argument, Nicholls State should have been in — they are a lot better than several teams who did get in.

Nicholls State!

ElCid
November 28th, 2021, 06:36 PM

There are about 10-15 teams with winning records since that seems to be the objective minimum this year, who would have done better than A&M. They were a good team in their conf, like Davidson was in it's. If they had won their conf and it sent a team to the playoffs, I would be fighting tooth and nail for them. But we are talking about an at large. Different ballgame altogether.

Nickels
November 28th, 2021, 09:14 PM
Sela fans keeping it trashy. Most god awful pieces of garbage I've ever encountered.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2021/11/28/behind-scenes-famu-playoff-quiet-bus-ride-taunts-sel-rattler-pride-hammond-football/8787263002/

By the start of the first quarter, SEL fans were holding up signs with crude messages. Some fans uttered the N-word to players.

During halftime, when many were taking a restroom break and patronizing the concession stand, a beer can apparently hurled from the SLU student section into the FAMU crowd strikes a child in his face, bloodying his nose. The child was trembling.

Instead of trying to subdue the tension, police officers at the stadium threatened to remove Rattler fans from the game.
Experienced all of this previously as well.

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2021, 09:57 PM
Sela fans keeping it trashy. Most god awful pieces of garbage I've ever encountered.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2021/11/28/behind-scenes-famu-playoff-quiet-bus-ride-taunts-sel-rattler-pride-hammond-football/8787263002/

Experienced all of this previously as well.

You didn't experience anything other than getting your asses whipped twice in one year and whining about it. Until now, Sam Houston is the only fan base that has ever complained about playing at Strawberry Stadium. Every fan base has asshole students who say things, including Sam Houston. As for FAMU, these are extremely serious allegations, and if true, need to be dealt with immediately. However, there's been no proof provided in the article that any of the allegations are true. Everybody has a cell phone, and I can promise you if something like this did take place, there's likely video or audio evidence. So far, none has been presented. Until there is, it's irresponsible journalism.

WileECoyote06
November 28th, 2021, 10:25 PM
You didn't experience anything other than getting your asses whipped twice in one year and whining about it. Until now, Sam Houston is the only fan base that has ever complained about playing at Strawberry Stadium. Every fan base has asshole students who say things, including Sam Houston. As for FAMU, these are extremely serious allegations, and if true, need to be dealt with immediately. However, there's been no proof provided in the article that any of the allegations are true. Everybody has a cell phone, and I can promise you if something like this did take place, there's likely video or audio evidence. So far, none has been presented. Until there is, it's irresponsible journalism.

Why would someone lie about their kid being hit by a beer can? SELA officials will be apologizing soon. Throwing beer is beyond the pale.

Racial slurs being hurled at HBCU players and fans isn't new, nor is it unique. xscanx

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2021, 10:57 PM
Why would someone lie about their kid being hit by a beer can? SELA officials will be apologizing soon. Throwing beer is beyond the pale.

Racial slurs being hurled at HBCU players and fans isn't new, nor is it unique. xscanx

People lie all the time. But if it did happen, I'm sure there is a police report and/or medical report on file with our university as well as security camera footage which will have no problem spotting an incident like that. And if true, I'll be the first one to hold our administration's feet to the fire to make sure it's swiftly handled and appropriately punished. There is no place for that type of conduct and behavior anywhere, and certainly not at Southeastern Louisiana University, which has an African-American student population of nearly 20 percent, and a minority population nearing 30 percent. But I've talked to a bunch of folks who would have been in vicinity to witness any problems coming from our student section and nobody noticed anything out of the ordinary. I walked by the FAMU buses after the game and everyone I encountered was cordial and congratulatory afterwards. I'm not saying nothing happened — college students can be brutal everywhere, even at HBCU's — but I'm just a bit skeptical without seeing some proof or at least some police reports.

Puddin Tane
November 28th, 2021, 11:30 PM
I think its all a crock of ****

CockyGeek
November 30th, 2021, 12:40 PM
SLU is the worst environment I've been in as a visitor. The staff sent us to the wrong entrance and then was hostile about it because they had to escort people across their precious premium endzone seating all first quarter. Then the student section had a few morons stand in front of us and mock us the whole time. Nobody was even really saying anything to them. It was mostly the parents of players. There's no reason for the student section to be right next to the visitors.

And finally, the bathrooms had toilet paper dispensers that extended past the doors so you couldn't even shut the door. Awful experience all around. And we lost badly so it made it worse.

lionsrking2
November 30th, 2021, 01:04 PM
SLU is the worst environment I've been in as a visitor. The staff sent us to the wrong entrance and then was hostile about it because they had to escort people across their precious premium endzone seating all first quarter. Then the student section had a few morons stand in front of us and mock us the whole time. Nobody was even really saying anything to them. It was mostly the parents of players. There's no reason for the student section to be right next to the visitors.

And finally, the bathrooms had toilet paper dispensers that extended past the doors so you couldn't even shut the door. Awful experience all around. And we lost badly so it made it worse.

Road environments tend to seem worse when you get your ass beat. It's happened to us plenty over the years.