PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall Playoffs Round 1: Stephen F Austin @ Incarnate Word

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 02:03 PM
Game kicks off at 2PM CT on 11/27. The winner goes to #1 Sam Houston.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51696562035_400b7afee7_z.jpg

Who ya got?

katss07
November 21st, 2021, 02:31 PM
Borderline hilarious that UIW, the main Southland school SFA fans dog on for not spending money or investing in athletics, outbid SFA for a home game.

SFA 93
November 21st, 2021, 02:58 PM
Could have come down to San Antonio over Nacogdoches in accessibility, airports for an ESPN crew.

katss07
November 21st, 2021, 03:07 PM
Could have come down to San Antonio over Nacogdoches in accessibility, airports for an ESPN crew.
Don't think so. If SFA had put down a larger bid than Word, they'd be hosting. NCAA wants their money and I doubt they'd let an ESPN+ broadcast get in the way.

Oh well, short trip and I'm sure there will be a decent contingent of purple there. UIW would be lucky to draw 4000. Only advantage is sleeping in their own beds. Pulling for you guys big time, I think you match up well with them. Hoping for a BOTPW 2.0 in Huntsville. Good luck!

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2021, 03:08 PM
Borderline hilarious that UIW, the main Southland school SFA fans dog on for not spending money or investing in athletics, outbid SFA for a home game.

SFA is struggling financially and have major issues in their administration. UIW probably has Benson money to help put up a good bid.

Daytripper
November 21st, 2021, 03:59 PM
SFA is struggling financially and have major issues in their administration. UIW probably has Benson money to help put up a good bid.

Yep. Their president's seat is the hottest of the hot.

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 05:35 PM
Expecting this to be the best game of this weekend. These two teams seem pretty evenly matched to me.

Daytripper
November 21st, 2021, 05:52 PM
Expecting this to be the best game of this weekend. These two teams seem pretty evenly matched to me.

Whoever can get that late 4th quarter defensive stop will win. It will probably be the only defensive stop of the game.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2021, 08:23 PM
Whoever can get that late 4th quarter defensive stop will win. It will probably be the only defensive stop of the game.

put your Money on Incarnate Ward, talent wins games

lion4life
November 21st, 2021, 10:27 PM
UIW will win this game. They’re almost unbeatable in San Antonio which is strange because they have no atmosphere but man are they good at Benson Stadium. Cameron Ward is a different player at home.

Puddin Tane
November 21st, 2021, 11:17 PM

indoor plumbing was a factor

mvemjsunpx
November 22nd, 2021, 07:34 AM
UIW's at home, they're underrated, and they have better wins than SFA. The Cardinals should get the victory.

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2021, 09:45 AM
UIW's at home, they're underrated, and they have better wins than SFA. The Cardinals should get the victory.

who did they play that actually could play defense? Because it wasn’t any team in the southland.

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2021, 09:46 AM

yeah they’re definitely gonna lose their ass when it comes to the money return on this. I bet they say only 500 attended

Daytripper
November 22nd, 2021, 09:49 AM

Disagree here. SFA is about a dozen points away from being undefeated. They've stayed with every team they have played. They can actually play defense, which I think is the difference. SFA will have the homefield advantage because the fans need to get out of Nacogdoches to experience some real Mexican food.

Rev, are you making the trip to SA? Of course if you guys win I know you will be coming to Huntsville.

McCowboys
November 22nd, 2021, 09:55 AM
who did they play that actually could play defense? Because it wasn’t any team in the southland.

McNeese did have its moments of playing defense, Rev. The Cowboys offense sucked for the most part.

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2021, 12:21 PM
Disagree here. SFA is about a dozen points away from being undefeated. They've stayed with every team they have played. They can actually play defense, which I think is the difference. SFA will have the homefield advantage because the fans need to get out of Nacogdoches to experience some real Mexican food.

Rev, are you making the trip to SA? Of course if you guys win I know you will be coming to Huntsville.

unfortunately I can’t make it to San Antonio. Prior obligation. I’m working on being able to go to Huntsville. December is a big month for me when it comes to volunteering so gotta move stuff around

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2021, 01:21 PM
Disagree here. SFA is about a dozen points away from being undefeated. They've stayed with every team they have played.

UIW is less than that from being undefeated. They had Youngstown beaten in regulation but made some stupid decisions to leave the door open and eventually lost in OT. They got help to beat us, but they did, and same with Nicholls. Cam Ward is capable of making throws that can't be defended and their receivers are outstanding — they're especially good at home.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2021, 02:24 PM
UIW opens as 2.5 point favorites on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php) (basically the typical margin for homefield). O/U of 58.5.

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2021, 03:19 PM
UIW opens as 2.5 point favorites on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php) (basically the typical margin for homefield). O/U of 58.5.

The most points SFA has given up this year is 28 (Texas Tech and JSU) I’d take the under but barely

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2021, 03:36 PM
The most points SFA has given up this year is 28 (Texas Tech and JSU) I’d take the under but barely

UIW should blow by that number, especially at home. Take the over.

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2021, 03:48 PM
UIW should blow by that number, especially at home. Take the over.

you should understand this better than anyone, that no one in the southland plays defense. That’s why Kelley is gonna get the Payton, and also why SLU will lose as soon as they meet a team who can play defense

SFA plays defense. That’s what Carthel recruited.

ysubigred
November 22nd, 2021, 04:57 PM
Big fan of UIW.. SFA is good also to me the game of the weekend..

UIW in a close one..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2021, 05:05 PM
you should understand this better than anyone, that no one in the southland plays defense. That’s why Kelley is gonna get the Payton, and also why SLU will lose as soon as they meet a team who can play defense

We play offense in our league and Cole will win the Payton because he's the best player. And SFA plays defense against bad offenses. Only good offense you faced was missing their starting QB.

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2021, 06:07 PM
We play offense in our league and Cole will win the Payton because he's the best player. And SFA plays defense against bad offenses. Only good offense you faced was missing their starting QB.

EB3 is actually the better QB and he put up insane stats against tougher opponents.

what defense has SELA or UIW played against again? Hmmmm.

oh yeah…none.

Daytripper
November 22nd, 2021, 06:32 PM
EB3 is actually the better QB and he put up insane stats against tougher opponents.

oh yeah…none.

SFA has an athletic defense that can get to the ball. I think they cause Ward some trouble. SFA in a close one.

Daytripper
November 22nd, 2021, 06:33 PM

Bet the house on the over.

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2021, 06:43 PM

oh yeah…none.
You know better.

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2021, 08:23 PM
You know better.

btw the highest ranked defense in the southland was McNeese at 65th for those playing at home.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2021, 09:24 PM

Florida A&M plays defense

are you saying the Rattlers will poison the Lions

TheRevSFA
November 22nd, 2021, 10:57 PM
Florida A&M plays defense

are you saying the Rattlers will poison the Lions

Perhaps. We shall see next weekend

lion4life
November 22nd, 2021, 11:12 PM

It’s hard to have a good defense in the Southland when the offenses are so good. Remember in the Spring when Cole Kelley threw for 450 yards and 4 TDs on the road against National Champion Sam Houston. The WAC/Asun league was atrocious. I hope you can play good Defense in that league. You haven’t seen a player all year like Cole Kelley or Cameron Ward. Good luck against Eric Morris’s scheme.

McCowboys
November 23rd, 2021, 06:48 AM
btw the highest ranked defense in the southland was McNeese at 65th for those playing at home.

65th is not that bad considering McNeese played LSU and both UIW and SLU and their high-scoring offenses twice each, Nicholls which put up lots of yards and points, plus the high-powered offense of #1 at the time Division II West Florida. I'm surprised at you trying to talk smack. Another reason for McNeese being "just 65th" is that our offense sucked and so our defense was on the field too much.

- - - Updated - - -

McNeese just fired its OC, and that should tell you something.

lionsrking2
November 27th, 2021, 02:23 PM
That was easy

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Wow what a punt! Hit the brakes at the half yard line.

Mfergy4
November 27th, 2021, 02:52 PM
Bummer no UIW or SFA people to chat with

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Bummer no UIW or SFA people to chat with

Right?

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 03:28 PM
Pretty good back and forth game brewing here. 14-14 at the half.

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Incarnate Word gets a TD, up 21-14 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd. They've traded scores all game so it's time for the Lumberjacks to answer

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 04:41 PM
SFA gets a TD with 8 minutes left in the 4th. 21-21 UIW about to get the kickoff.

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 04:47 PM
UIW returns the kickoff to the SFA 20 yard line. They don't get a first down and miss a FG. Still tied at 21, SFA ball with 6:46 left

Bison56
November 27th, 2021, 04:53 PM
The big man with the strip and TD. What a great play!

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 04:54 PM
SFA punts the ball away, but they get a defensive TD on the Cardinals' 1st play. 28-21 Lumberjacks with 5:16 left.

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 04:54 PM
Wow. SFA rips it out of IW runner's hands and returns it for TD. Crazy.

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Exciting finish brewing here. UIW driving, 4th & 1 inside the 10 with just under a minute left down 28-21

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 05:10 PM
Exciting finish brewing here. UIW driving, 4th & 1 inside the 10 with just under a minute left down 28-21

Ward throws a TD on 4th down, tied 28-28 with :38 left

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 05:10 PM
Barring a big play, going to OT 28 all.

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 05:13 PM
Barring a big play, going to OT 28 all.

There's the big play! SFA ball at UIW's 45 with :16 left and 1 timeout

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 05:15 PM
And we have OT after a horrible throw by SFA is intercepted. Free football in San Antonio!

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 05:19 PM
UIW gets the ball first in OT and scores a TD. 35-28 SFA starting their drive

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 05:24 PM
SFA throws incomplete on 4th down, UIW advanced for a shot at Sammy

acbearkat
November 27th, 2021, 05:25 PM
There will be no rematch. The winning streak against SFA stands at 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katss07
November 27th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Great job SFA. Even when we want you to win you lose!

acbearkat
November 27th, 2021, 05:53 PM
For those who don’t know, the broadcast crew was the exact same broadcast crew that called the Sam Houston/SFA game at NRG nearly two months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCowboys
November 28th, 2021, 07:25 AM

No one plays defense in the SLC. Well, I am scratching my head wondering why SFA didn't score 40 or 50 points on UIW like Southeastern and Nicholls did.
And the mighty SFA defense gave up 28 points to the Cardinals in regulation. McNeese held UIW to 31 and 20 points in their two meetings. Must have been luck. Couldn't have been defense.
One thing for certain: If Morris and Ward stick around, these UIW/SFA matchups in the WAC are going to be fun.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 07:46 AM
You know better.

No he really doesn’t