PDA

View Full Version : SELECTION SUNDAY 2021

Pages : [1] 2

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2021, 05:51 PM
Man, this is gonna be something ladies and gents. LET'S GET READY!

The NCAA Info.

https://www.ncaa.com/live-updates/football/fcs/2021-fcs-football-championship-selection-show-date-time-how-watch

The rules etc. and **** you ought to know about before opening your yapper about conspiracy crap you and the rest of your homer friends have all stated enough that now you believe it. Well, that is very few of you but I know you'll be here.:D

This thread (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?238904)from a couple of years ago is a great resource. It has text on the rules, video on the process, and we even did a podcast with Kent Haslam (Selection Committee) where he involves us all in what the process is for the members over the course of a season. I don't know if you can do better than thread for brushing up on your playoff knowledge.

Man, this is such a great couple of days around here. Let's have some fun and celebrate friends!

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 06:02 PM
UNI’s chances looking pretty good as almost every bubble team lost today.

katss07
November 20th, 2021, 06:07 PM
Death, Taxes and Moral Victory Football Conference fans vouching for a 5 loss team to make the playoffs.

putter
November 20th, 2021, 06:10 PM
I just can't see letting a 6-5 team into the playoffs. Yes they have 3 good wins but finishing just over .500 doesn't do it for me.

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Death, Taxes and Moral Victory Football Conference fans vouching for a 5 loss team to make the playoffs.

I’m not vouching for them, just saying they are in the mix after all the chaos today. I can tell you if they do sneak in whoever’s part of the bracket they get in are not going to be too happy about it.

atthewbon
November 20th, 2021, 06:14 PM
Obviously not all of the games are over but this is what I see the playoffs looking like (assuming EWU and Missouri st win).

Seeds:

Sam Houston
NDSU
JMU
Montana
Villanova
Montana st
Eastern Washington
ETSU

Rest of the field (* is autobid)

MVFC: (5 total)
SDSU
Missouri st
SIU
USD

Big Sky: (5 total)
Sacramento st
UC Davis

CAA: (2 total)
No other teams

AQ7: (2 total)
Stephen F Austin

Big South: (1 total)
Kennesaw st

NEC: (1 total)
Sacred Heart

OVC: (1 total)
UT Martin

Patriot: (1 total)
Holy Cross

Pioneer: (1 total)
Davidson

SOCON: (2 total)
Mercer

Southland: (2 total)
UIW
SELA

I think the last place either goes to FAMU or UNI my guess is they go with FAMU. Rhode Island could also make a case but I think they get left out. It's also possible Mercer won't make it because they only have 6 D1 wins if they don't than 2 of FAMU, UNI, or Rhode Island make it. Let me know if I missed anything.

atthewbon
November 20th, 2021, 06:17 PM
I didn't have them as a seed, but looking at it again Sacramento st could very easily end up being a seed. (pretty big oversight on my original post).

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Sac. State is getting seeded. #bookit

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 06:20 PM
KSU has owned everyone with a SoCon on their jersey. I see them ahead of ETSU but I’m 100% biased soooo

atthewbon
November 20th, 2021, 06:22 PM
KSU has owned everyone with a SoCon on their jersey. I see them ahead of ETSU but I’m 100% biased soooo

I can see the argument I just think the committee seeds the team with the SEC win (even if it was Vanderbilt). Though its possible neither get seeded as I forgot about Sac st. KSU and ETSU better be rooting for Portland st.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 06:25 PM
I can see the argument I just think the committee seeds the team with the SEC win (even if it was Vanderbilt). Though its possible neither get seeded as I forgot about Sac st.
Fair! I saw they beat Vandy which is a huge accomplishment. After today I’m sure Sac St is in. Not sure we have any leverage over EWU other than the committee wants to kiss us on the mouth

OrangeAndBlack
November 20th, 2021, 06:25 PM

Are you talking about beating last place Wofford? Or are you asking the committee to consider previous years results? A single SoCon win over Wofford who was 0-8 in the SoCon is a stretch.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 06:29 PM
Are you talking about beating last place Wofford? Or are you asking the committee to consider previous years results? A single SoCon win over Wofford who was 0-8 in the SoCon is a stretch.
Mercer is the least of my worries. Stick to basketball.

We have consistently made your conference look like crap in football. ETSU beat us in overtime like 5 years ago? Samford beat us in the first game of the year 4 years ago and won the SoCon to lose to us in the first round. If you weren’t Mercer I’d be nice but eff off with whatever crap you are trying to dream up. SoCon is > Big South but much less than KSU year after year and it’s on paper for you to learn on your own. I can’t help the the unwilling.

MUHAWKS
November 20th, 2021, 06:29 PM
where is this "SRS" simple rating system this year? Last thing i found was from 2019? How can committee use something that does not exist? or does it come out tomorrow?

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 06:35 PM

We have consistently made your conference look like crap in football. ETSU beat us in overtime like 5 years ago? Samford beat us in the first game of the year 4 years ago and won the SoCon to lose to us in the first round. If you weren’t Mercer I’d be nice but eff off with whatever crap you are trying to dream up. SoCon is > Big South but much less than KSU year after year and it’s on paper for you to learn on your own. I can’t help the the unwilling.

You know I like Kennesaw. My brother is a junior there.

But you guys struggled with Gardner Webb and UNA in recent weeks. Both of whom are terrible.

Take it from a fan of a team that's got a winning streak against SoCon champions (read: not 1-10 Wofford) a mile long and lost in the second round consistently...

Kennesaw isn't going deep in the playoffs unless they get some really really favorable matchups.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 06:35 PM
where is this "SRS" simple rating system this year? Last thing i found was from 2019? How can committee use something that does not exist? or does it come out tomorrow?
I hope y’all get in. I know today didn’t help but I would love to see you beat someone like Mercer in the first round.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2021, 06:36 PM
Obviously not all of the games are over but this is what I see the playoffs looking like (assuming EWU and Missouri st win).

<Took the quoted stuff away since it was all goofed up.>

Good breakdown! I think there's 23 of 24 spots claimed as you laid out. I think EKU and Monmouth are in contention for that last spot as well as FAMU and UNI but I like UNI to get it. Would not be surprised to see FAMU get it though. I'd kinda like to see them give the SWAC a spot just to encourage SWAC teams to finish their schedule by Thanksgiving so if they don't make the SWAC title game they have a shot at the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2021, 06:36 PM
Nicholls St is a better football team than UC Davis

OrangeAndBlack
November 20th, 2021, 06:38 PM

You need better arguments. It's about you vs. ETSU, nothing to do with Mercer. You want to use past results against SoCon teams but you want to throw out the head to head loss with ETSU. The last relevant SoCon win was 2019 for KSU. You're reaching big time.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 06:39 PM

But you guys struggled with Gardner Webb and UNA in recent weeks. Both of whom are terrible.

Take it from a fan of a team that's got a winning streak against SoCon champions a mile long and lost in the second round consistently...

Kennesaw isn't going deep in the playoffs unless they get some really really favorable matchups.
Yea not taking any advice from you and your trash team. If y’all were half decent we’d be a guaranteed seed, but no we set a “tough” schedule to have all the respectable teams from 3 years ago ***** the bed.

We’re not known for losing in the second round like you.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2021, 06:40 PM
They typically don't release it until after the bracket has been released. Convenient huh???

Best you can look as Massey (https://masseyratings.com/cf2021/fcs/ratings) or Sagarin (https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2021-2/college-football-team-ratings-2021/) to get a gauge for it. Both should be updated by early tomorrow morning with today's results.

Preferred Walk-On
November 20th, 2021, 06:42 PM

It is my hope that that 5-loss team is sent through Bowers. You should want that too, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 06:43 PM
You need better arguments. It's about you vs. ETSU, nothing to do with Mercer. You want to use past results against SoCon teams but you want to throw out the head to head loss with ETSU. The last relevant SoCon win was 2019 for KSU. You're reaching big time.
I believe my comment was that we’ve never folded to the SoCon, ever, including this year and any of the former 6 years we’ve been a team.

Geographically I’d assume we meet ETSU in the playoffs and we won’t have to argue long to figure out who is better. Mercer is trash and if you find joy in hiding behind your conference imagine how great I feel with my team running ours and consistently making yours look like trash.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 06:43 PM

Take it from a fan of a team that's got a winning streak against SoCon champions (read: not 1-10 Wofford) a mile long and lost in the second round consistently...

I'm so tired of this patronizing crap. "take it from us". No i will not take it from JSU. You guys always choke in the playoffs. We have beaten you every time we have played you. KSU fans actually have more experience winning in December than you do. Have fun in the Cure Bowl playing Western Michigan.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 06:46 PM
Yeah you're right. You're known for being overhyped and getting **** kicked by Monmouth late in the year and missing entirely because you play no one.

I get it. I was once oblivious to my teams postseason irrelevance. Maybe you'll start to understand your irrelevance after your early exit this year.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 06:47 PM
I'm so tired of this patronizing crap. "take it from us". No i will not take it from JSU. You guys always choke in the playoffs. We have beaten you every time we have played you. KSU fans actually have more experience winning in December than you do. Have fun in the Cure Bowl playing Western Michigan.

I mean I live 35 miles north of Kalamazoo. That'd be great for me.

SFA 93
November 20th, 2021, 06:48 PM
https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/status/1462216103783026689?s=20

HootyHoo

Wow Sherlock. Hoow did you figure that out? The last relevant win was the 2019 playoff win vs Wofford, which was literally the last game we played vs SOCON competition before Wofford this season. Duh, did you forget no one pklayed in 2020?

MUHAWKS
I hope y’all get in. I know today didn’t help but I would love to see you beat someone like Mercer in the first round.

Thx dude-- I am not hopeful.. had we not blown the Princeton game I would say we would be 60/40.. The ONLY chance we have at all is if they overlook teams who are clearly better than us who have worse or same record (northern iowa, weber state, Mercer) we are jekyl and hyde. have looked great at times against bad and average teams, looked decent at times against some good teams and looked awful against some decent teams..I did the following just real quick for my Monmouth people on FB page so it was rushed and not great info but FWIW this is what I came up with: so basically I see us with an outside chance only if URI and Florida A&M are out.. If they are out its Stepehen Austin, Mercer and prob Northern iowa.. we would have to make it aboce one of those schools which would be ....well... a miracle.

Here are the 11 auto bids by conference champion -These are a done deal.

Big Sky- Sacramento State
Big South- Kennesaw
CAA- Villanova
MVFC- ND State
NEC- Sacred Heart
OVC- UT Martin
Patriot- Holy Cross
Pioneer- Davidson
Socon- ETSU
Southland- Incarnate Word
AQ7- Sam Houston

This leaves 13 teams for at large bids.

Here are the teams that are essentially guaranteed to be selected (in no particular order)

1. Montana
2. Montana State
3. James Madison
4. Eastern Washington
5. UC Davis
6. South Dakota
7. South Dakota State-

Here are teams that "should" be in but just not as guaranteed as the above (also in no order)

1. Missouri State 8-2 plays tonight against awful team should be in
2. Southern Illinois7-4 (lost today but decent resume they "could" be on the bubble but are prob in
3.. SE Louisiana- 8-3 lost last night to a bad team, no real good wins but should be in anyway

That leaves 3 more teams to get in as an at large and the way I see it- they come from the following group- (bubble teams)

1. Mercer - Lost today - 7-3 but only 6-2 FCS record- competitive team with some "good" losses as well
2. William And Mary- Just lost today, 6-5- they beat Nova but lost last 3 of year and 2 of them were average teams
3. Rhode Island- Lost today- 7-4- best win against 5-6 Delaware and FBS UMASS who sucks- prob does not deserve it but possible
4. Florida A&M- won today but very weak schedule- if these guys get in we have no shot. 9-2 but VERY WEAK schedule and winner of this conf goes to a bowl game so as 2nd place are eligible for playoffs. feels like committee wants them in.
5. Stephen F. Austin- will win today but no "good " wins will be 8-3 close fbs loss. close loss to # 1team- will prob be in
6. Monmouth- all losses to playoff/ranked. 7 wins. Big margin of victory against comparable teams to possibly seeded Kennesaw. No good wins, 2 blowout losses. would need committee to remember last year and hate some other schools.
7. Northern Iowa- only 6-5 but 3 very good wins. close FBS loss. good team.
8. Weber State- also 6-5 but 1 great win and tough schedule.
9. Chatantooga- lost today 6-5 also lost to VMI and Mercer who are bubble teams
10. VMI- lost today 6-5
11. Eastern Kentucky 7-4- won today in OT so so schedule
12. Elon won today 6-5 but CAA weak this year
13. Maine won today 6-5 but CAA weak this year

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Yeah you're right. You're known for being overhyped and getting **** kicked by Monmouth late in the year and missing entirely because you play no one.

I get it. I was once oblivious to my teams postseason irrelevance. Maybe you'll start to understand your irrelevance after your early exit this year.

lol we just beat Monmouth by 25. So there you go. Congrats on the Hawks winning in the BS spring season. Fluke.

KSU is going to be the next James Madison, not JSU.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 06:53 PM
lol we just beat Monmouth by 25. So there you go. Congrats on the Hawks winning in the BS spring season. Fluke.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Okay bud.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 06:54 PM

Check that, KSU won by 32. Even better.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 06:57 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Okay bud.

Let's be real, you bailed on the ASUN because you knew that KSU was going to own you for the next decade.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Let's be real, you bailed on the ASUN because you knew that KSU was going to own you for the next decade.
You guys know JMU doesn't play in a high school soccer stadium and has more than 35 fans at their games, right?

POD Knows
November 20th, 2021, 06:58 PM
Maybe 3 or 4 seeds from the BSC? They can shove these unbalanced conferences right up there where the sun doesn’t shine

OrangeAndBlack
November 20th, 2021, 07:00 PM
Wow Sherlock. Hoow did you figure that out? The last relevant win was the 2019 playoff win vs Wofford, which was literally the last game we played vs SOCON competition before Wofford this season. Duh, did you forget no one pklayed in 2020?

Let me spell it out for you. Your boy was using that as an argument to get a higher position in the 2021 playoffs. It's ridiculous.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 07:01 PM
You guys know JMU doesn't play in a high school soccer stadium and has more than 35 fans at their games, right?
Update: number of fans at game does not equal success on the field. Lol leave it to JSU to hunt out moral victories.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Let me spell it out for you. Your boy was using that as an argument to get a higher position in the 2021 playoffs. It's ridiculous.

I was using the fact that there have been zero SoCon challenges to KSU. We’ve beat every champ you’ve produced in the same season we have played them. Is that hard to understand? You must be a fan not a student. I actually respect y’all, academically.

MUHAWKS
November 20th, 2021, 07:04 PM
Why is Mercer a definite? I do not get that? and folks, I am NOT a hater of any team or league. A win against a non NCAA team or whatever "Point" is.. FBS loss = neutral. Beat Furman, Samford (by 3) WCU, got absolutely smoked by VMI then beat Wofford citadel and Chatanooga .. sure they were competitive against ETSU but 6 fcs wins a blowout loss to VMI and maybe an average to decent win tossed in there? 145 in Sagarin before today-- I am not saying they are not good or capable or even deserving but how is this a foregone conclusion? Teams LIke Citadel, VMI, Wofford this year are not very good.

EU2000
November 20th, 2021, 07:05 PM
So, question about the CAA.

Elon finishes in sole possession of 3rd place in the CAA, behind only Nova and JMU. Elon won fairly convincingly over Rhody today and lost a close one to W&M earlier in the season. If (big of) there is any consideration for these teams for a last playoff spot, does Elon now have the edge over both W&M and Rhody?

Elon finishes alone in 3rd (Behind only Nova/JMU
Won big over Rhody today
Finished the season fairly strong
One of the nation’s top QBs with Davis Cheek

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Maybe 3 or 4 seeds from the BSC? They can shove these unbalanced conferences right up there where the sun doesn’t shine

I'm with you. I love a 9 team conference and hope we can get back to that someday soon.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 07:09 PM

No matter. Just come on up to Kennesaw next week and we will teach you how to play football. Hopefully we go to Johnson City after that to get the complete set.

ksu_owls
Why is Mercer a definite? I do not get that? and folks, I am NOT a hater of any team or league. A win against a non NCAA team or whatever "Point" is.. FBS loss = neutral. Beat Furman, Samford (by 3) WCU, got absolutely smoked by VMI then beat Wofford citadel and Chatanooga .. sure they were competitive against ETSU but 6 fcs wins a blowout loss to VMI and maybe an average to decent win tossed in there? 145 in Sagarin before today-- I am not saying they are not good or capable or even deserving but how is this a foregone conclusion? Teams LIke Citadel, VMI, Wofford this year are not very good.

In my bias opinion y’all would smoke Mercer

JSUSoutherner
Update: number of fans at game does not equal success on the field. Lol leave it to JSU to hunt out moral victories.

Just pointing out why you guys have reached your program's peak.

You just don't realize it yet. Why do you think we got called for the FBS and you didn't? Because we have upside, a fanbase, and facilities that are better than McEacherns.

Nobody cares about our record against Kennesaw. Because no one cares about Kennesaw.

Just for the record I think it's hilarious you're trying to dog JSU to a guy who spent a majority of the season lobbying for them to be dropped out of the poll. I'm really just here because you guys are soft and your reactions to anyone telling you the reality of your situation is hilarious.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 07:11 PM

GO BACK TO YOUR SHANTY PEASANT. I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO SPEAK!

atthewbon
November 20th, 2021, 07:12 PM

I don’t think they are definite, especially with only 6 FCS wins but with how many bubble teams lost I think they have a pretty good chance.

katss07
November 20th, 2021, 07:13 PM
Shades of 2016 Sammy. Never ends well.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 07:14 PM
Shades of 2016 Sammy. Never ends well.
What's up with your team and pic? Who did you lose a bet to?

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 07:14 PM

You just don't realize it yet. Why do you think we got called for the FBS and you didn't? Because we have upside, a fanbase, and facilities that are better than McEacherns.

Nobody cares about our record against Kennesaw. Because no one cares about Kennesaw.

Just for the record I think it's hilarious you're trying to dog JSU to a guy who spent a majority of the season lobbying for them to be dropped out of the poll. I'm really just here because you guys are soft and your reactions to anyone telling you the reality of your situation is hilarious.
You’re here because your football team can’t make up for the deficit you carry in your pants. We share 100 miles with 3 FBS teams, one of which is #1 in the nation. We are a 7 year old program that has consistently found more and more air time in the Atlanta market. I’m sorry we don’t sit around on Saturdays deciding if we want to kiss our cousin or go watch the cocky-sucks at football-gamecocks. Try starting a football program in a more entertainment competitive region of the country and let me know if you find half the success of KSU.

*Edited because I haven’t had enough alcohol not to noticed my typo, yet

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 07:15 PM

You lobbied because you knew your team sucked. End of story. At least you were right. Your program has a lot in common with Auburn. Always thinking you are better than you actually are.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 07:17 PM
Your here because your football team can’t make up for the deficit you carry in your pants. We share 100 miles with 3 FBS teams, one of which is #1 in the nation. We are a 7 year old program that has consistently found more and more air time in the Atlanta market. I’m sorry we don’t sit around on Saturdays deciding if we want to kiss our cousin or go watch the cocky-sucks at football-gamecocks. Try starting a football program in a more entertainment competitive region of the country and let me know if you find half the success of KSU.

Oh wow. You guys are near 3 FBS team? That's insane. I have so much more respect for you guys now. It must be hard to get respect when you are getting overshadowed and losing to Georgia State.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 07:18 PM
Oh wow. You guys are near 3 FBS team? That's insane. I have so much more respect for you guys now. It must be hard to get respect when you are getting overshadowed and losing to Georgia State.
I’ll pay you attention next time y’all beat us… lol

Who’s next?

POD Knows
November 20th, 2021, 07:23 PM
You lobbied because you knew your team sucked. End of story. At least you were right. Your program has a lot in common with Auburn. Always thinking you are better than you actually are.
“Always thinking you are better than you are” Hooty 😂

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 07:23 PM
I’ll pay you attention next time y’all beat us… lol

Who’s next?

Don't care to beat you. Rather be beating teams like Florida State. We've beaten more FBS teams in the past 2 seasons than Kennesaw has wins over teams that finished the year ranked.

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 07:25 PM
Watching JSUSoutherner’s back and forth with the parliament of Owls.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/O8Wh4Ebo7Db3y/giphy.gif

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Don't care to beat you. Rather be beating teams like Florida State. We've beaten more FBS teams in the past 2 seasons than Kennesaw has wins over teams that finished the year ranked.

Congratulations? You have to understand how dumb you sound. Wait, no, you’re a JSU fan lol

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 07:27 PM
Watching JSUSoutherner’s back and forth with the parliament of Owls.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/O8Wh4Ebo7Db3y/giphy.gif

I'm honestly just here because I have nothing better to do.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 07:28 PM
“Always thinking you are better than you are” Hooty 😂

10-1, 9-0 vs FCS, Big South Champs. Was i wrong?

lionsrking2
Nicholls St is a better football team than UC Davis
100%. They’re better than several that will get in. Nicholls has two FBS losses — one a 3-point loss at FBS ranked ULL — two losses to UIW — should have at least split — and lost to us. Unfortunately a victim of scheduling 2 FBS and having to double up in conference play due to defections. Like any team with 5 losses, they didn’t earn their way in, but I would bet on them vs several that will make the field.

JSUSoutherner
Congratulations? You have to understand how dumb you sound. Wait, no, you’re a JSU fan lol
You really have to come up with better than this. Use some imagination.

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 07:29 PM
I'm honestly just here because I have nothing better to do.

It’s very entertaining. And I agree with you (for this year anyway) about the Owls.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 07:31 PM
It’s very entertaining. And I agree with you (for this year anyway) about the Owls.
I'm interested to see the bracket tomorrow. I think theres a couple teams that they could win a game against but I don't see the bracket treating them well unless they get someone like FAMU or Davidson in the first round. If they draw the short stick and end up getting shipped to Brookings or Cedar Rapids they're done for.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2021, 07:32 PM
So, question about the CAA.

Elon finishes in sole possession of 3rd place in the CAA, behind only Nova and JMU. Elon won fairly convincingly over Rhody today and lost a close one to W&M earlier in the season. If (big of) there is any consideration for these teams for a last playoff spot, does Elon now have the edge over both W&M and Rhody?

Elon finishes alone in 3rd (Behind only Nova/JMU
Won big over Rhody today
Finished the season fairly strong
One of the nation’s top QBs with Davis Cheek

No to all three

Rhode Island keeps losing football games and just not a good football team

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 07:32 PM
I'm interested to see the bracket tomorrow. I think theres a couple teams that they could win a game against but I don't see the bracket treating them well unless they get someone like FAMU or Davidson in the first round.

To me it’s between KSU and ETSU for the final seed. Maybe they’ll screw both of them and give it to someone like EWU but I doubt it, or at least hope not.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 07:33 PM
I love how Nicholls state gets more respect for a 6-5 season than KSU has gotten in the last 6 years.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 07:35 PM
To me it’s between them and ETSU for the final seed. Maybe they’ll screw both of them and give it to someone like EWU but I doubt it, or at least hope not.
I really don't see them getting it over ETSU. Mercer, VMI, UTC, and even Vandy were better wins than anyone else Kennesaw played this season.

EU2000
November 20th, 2021, 07:35 PM
No to all three

Rhode Island keeps losing football games and just not a good football team

Pretty sure that’s likely to be the outcome as well. Cheers :)

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 07:36 PM
I really don't see them getting it over ETSU. Mercer, VMI, UTC, and even Vandy were better wins than anyone else Kennesaw played this season.

I agree, but the committee loves KSU like they used to love JSU a few years ago.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2021, 07:40 PM
I love how Nicholls state gets more respect for a 6-5 season than KSU has gotten in the last 6 years.

Well, go into your corner and have a tantrum then....xlolx

If KSU wins 1 game in this tourney, I'll be surprised.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 07:41 PM
I agree, but the committee loves KSU like they used to love JSU a few years ago.
Don’t remind him or his cousin will have no juice left to suck

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 07:43 PM

Sure but with JSU we always had something the comittee put way too much emphasis on. Like OT with Auburn. Beating EWU. The fact we were a top 10 staple for a long time helped JSU with that. Kennesaw doesn't have the track record with being ranked that we used to have during that time. Again. Not that we should have gotten as much love from the comittee but we had a couple things going for us. Kennesaw doesn't have that right now because if they did they would have gotten the benefit of the doubt for the postseason last year. They only had one loss and the comittee kept them out.

Although thinking back, I don't remember what the win requirement for an at large was last year so maybe that's what kept them out. Not sure.

Regardless, I think the comittee will favor ETSU based on their schedule and the fact they won a conference with a history of multiple postseason bids.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 07:44 PM
Don’t remind him or his cousin will have no juice left to suck
You over here fantasizing about my cousin is pretty weird.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 07:46 PM
Sure but with JSU we always had something the comittee put way too much emphasis on. Like OT with Auburn. Beating EWU. The fact we were a top 10 staple for a long time helped JSU with that. Kennesaw doesn't have the track record with being ranked that we used to have during that time. Again. Not that we should have gotten as much love from the comittee but we had a couple things going for us. Kennesaw doesn't have that right now because if they did they would have gotten the benefit of the doubt for the postseason last year. They only had one loss and the comittee kept them out.

Although thinking back, I don't remember what the win requirement for an at large was last year so maybe that's what kept them out. Not sure.

Regardless, I think the comittee will favor ETSU based on their schedule and the fact they won a conference with a history of multiple postseason bids.

In a 24 team playoff the Owls get an at large in the “2020” season. These guys have no common sense

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 07:53 PM

Not really, the committee has seeded us once, 4th in 2018. Which we deserved. They gave us the benefit of the doubt in 2019. However, we responded by winning a game and then lost a close one to Weber. I say we earned that berth as well. Like it or not, KSU is pretty freaking good. The record the last 4 fall seasons speaks for itself:

12-2, BSC, 2-1 PR
11-2, BSC, 1-1 PR
11-3, 2nd in BS, 1-1 PR
10-1. BSC, TBD...

KSU has rewarded the Committee's confidence by winning a game eech year. This is only the beginning. We will make the ASUN into a power conference. The Monmouth game film should be donated to the National Archives in the Library of Congress under the heading: "The Epitome of Football".

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 07:55 PM
Not really, the committee has seeded us once, 4th in 2018. Which we deserved. They gave us the benefit of the doubt in 2019. However, we responded by winning a game and then lost a close one to Weber. I say we earned that berth as well. Like it or not, KSU is pretty freaking good. The record the last 4 fall seasons speaks for itself:

12-2, BSC, 2-1 PR
11-2, BSC, 1-1 PR
11-3, 2nd in BS, 1-1 PR
10-1. BSC, TBD...

KSU has rewarded the Committee's confidence by winning a game eech year. This is only the beginning. We will make the ASUN into a power conference. The Monmouth game film should be donated to the National Archives in the Library of Congress under the heading: "The Epitome of Football".

I want to buy you so many beers. Meet me in section 109 during the playoff game we host.

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 07:56 PM

12-2, BSC, 2-1 PR
11-2, BSC, 1-1 PR
11-3, 2nd in BS, 1-1 PR
10-1. BSC, TBD...

Here you were making a great post, presenting a great argument for your team, and then you go and throw in that last quote which almost ruins everything you said previously.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2021, 08:01 PM

12-2, BSC, 2-1 PR
11-2, BSC, 1-1 PR
11-3, 2nd in BS, 1-1 PR
10-1. BSC, TBD...

without that last sentence this post would just be more AGS drivel

You better get all your good stuff on the board before you migrate for the winter

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2021, 08:03 PM
I'm interested to see the bracket tomorrow. I think theres a couple teams that they could win a game against but I don't see the bracket treating them well unless they get someone like FAMU or Davidson in the first round. If they draw the short stick and end up getting shipped to Brookings or Cedar Rapids they're done for.

If they get sent to Cedar Rapids does that mean they missed the playoffs? xlolx

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 08:05 PM
Here you were making a great post, presenting a great argument for your team, and then you go and throw in that last quote which almost ruins everything you said previously.

I truly can't help myself.

katss07
November 20th, 2021, 08:06 PM
What's up with your team and pic? Who did you lose a bet to?
I was throwing a virtual fit after our AD announced that we’d be transitioning to eternal irrelevance and the Chattanooga people offered drinks if I’d convert my fandom. Glad you reminded me, needs to be Bomar for playoff season.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 08:07 PM

Truth be told I can never keep the two straight. Seems like everything in the upper Midwest is Something Rapids or Something Falls.

Bison56
November 20th, 2021, 08:08 PM
I'm going to miss the KSU fans after next weekend. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
I was throwing a virtual fit after our AD announced that we’d be transitioning to eternal irrelevance and the Chattanooga people offered drinks if I’d convert my fandom. Glad you reminded me, needs to be Bomar for playoff season.
Ehh. I'm actually not as mad about the move since MTSU and WKU are sticking around.

ksu_owls

You better get all your good stuff on the board before you migrate for the winter

I’ll say it now. I think we have a quarter final team that could compete with and beat any team on the right night. To the general consensus of AGS, I agree that it’s tough for even a good team like us to run the gauntlet of the playoffs after playing a cupcake schedule. I get that. We just seem more confident than we have in years past and there isn’t a team more athletic than us in FCS. @ me

katss07
November 20th, 2021, 08:09 PM
Well it looks like the people of AGS, the most knowledgeable group of FCS football minds to walk the face of this earth, are all in agreement; Kennesaw State should be forced to give up their AQ to 6-5 Nicholls. Count them N.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 08:10 PM
I'm going to miss the KSU fans after next weekend. xlolx
With our luck they'll pull Davidson next week and we'll have to hear from them for another week after that.

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 08:11 PM
Truth be told I can never keep the two straight. Seems like everything in the upper Midwest is Something Rapids or Something Falls.

Just like everything in Virginia is somethingburg or somethingville

katss07
November 20th, 2021, 08:11 PM
Ehh. I'm actually not as mad about the move since MTSU and WKU are sticking around.
I’m still pissed. Unfortunate that we were picked over Kennesaw, clearly a great FBS candidate. But there’s enough crying from Sam fans across the internet and twittersphere about the move that I decided to just give it a rest and focus on the playoffs.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 08:14 PM
I’m still pissed. Unfortunate that we were picked over Kennesaw, clearly a great FBS candidate. But there’s enough crying from Sam fans across the internet and twittersphere about the move that I decided to just give it a rest and focus on the playoffs.
Kennesaw trash talk aside, I think one day they'll be a great candidate for the FBS and I'm hopeful they come up to CUSA with us, but their facilities are terrible. But truth be told, so is Bowers so idfk. At least Sam has plans to upgrade.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 08:16 PM

I'lm not going anywhere. All of you are sleeping on Xavier Shepherd. Well wake up because the bacon is sizzling. An FCS leading 19 rushing TDs. A school record 14 passing TDs. 2,000 total yards. One of the best Sophomores in FCS coming to a stadium near you.

mvfcfan
November 20th, 2021, 08:19 PM
Here's my field. I only included teams with at least 7 D1 wins because I feel that what the committee will do.

Should Be In (22 total):
AQ7= SHSU, SFA
BSKY= SAC, MTST, EWU, MT, UCD
BSOUTH= KENN
CAA= NOVA, JMU
MVFC= NDSU, MOST, USD, SIU, SDSU
NEC= SHU
OVC= UTM
PAT= HC
PION= DAVID
SOCON= ETSU
SLAND= UIW, SELA

BUBBLE with 7 overall wins from multi-bid leagues= URI, EKU, MONM, MER

Last 2 IN: URI and EKU
First 2 OUT: MONM and Mercer (Mercer only has 6 D1 wins)

Notes: I could easily see UNI leapfrogging EKU and making the field. Everything kind of worked out perfect for them to at least have a chance. UNI has two good wins against playoff teams, while EKU and honestly URI too have zero.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 08:19 PM
Just like everything in Virginia is somethingburg or somethingville

I'm pretty sure that's just the entire south. At least as far as -villes are concerned.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 08:22 PM
Here's my field. I only included teams with at least 7 D1 wins because I feel that what the committee will do.

Should Be In (22 total):
AQ7= SHSU, SFA
BSOUTH= KENN
CAA= NOVA, JMU
NEC= SHU
OVC= UTM
PAT= HC
PION= DAVID
SOCON= ETSU
SLAND= UIW, SELA

Notes: I could easily see UNI leapfrogging EKU and making the field. Everything kind of worked out perfect for them to at least have a chance. UNI has two good wins against playoff teams, while EKU and honestly URI too have zero.
EKU needed a string of miracles tonight to beat us. If the committee puts them in I will be incredibly shocked.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 08:24 PM

Should Be In (22 total):
AQ7= SHSU, SFA
BSOUTH= KENN
CAA= NOVA, JMU
NEC= SHU
OVC= UTM
PAT= HC
PION= DAVID
SOCON= ETSU
SLAND= UIW, SELA

Let it be known that since Sam Houston (State?) and Southeastern Louisiana can have the acronym they want. The appropiate nomenclature for Kennesaw State University is KSU. No more of this Kenn or Kenny state crap.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Let it be known that since Sam Houston (State?) and Southeastern Louisiana can have the acronym they want. The appropiate nomenclature for Kennesaw State University is KSU. No more of this Kenn or Kenny state crap.

Already taken by Kent State. You guys had your chance to assert your dominance in 2019 and **** the bed.

Therefore you get what you get.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2021, 08:35 PM

xbawlingx

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2021, 08:36 PM

what about Barbiesaw State

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 08:37 PM
what about Barbiesaw State
Hooter U.

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2021, 08:37 PM

Should Be In (22 total):
AQ7= SHSU, SFA
BSOUTH= KENN
CAA= NOVA, JMU
NEC= SHU
OVC= UTM
PAT= HC
PION= DAVID
SOCON= ETSU
SLAND= UIW, SELA

RHODE ISLAND HAS UMA$$.....NO MATTER HOW BAD UH FBS....IT'LL MATTER TA COMMITTEE...NEW HAMPSHIRE BEAT OUT DELAWARE....BOTH 7-4...NH HAD UH FBS WIN OVER BAD 2 WIN GA. SOUTHERN & HENS HAD THE BETTER STRENGTH OF SKED....BRAWK!

mvfcfan
November 20th, 2021, 08:39 PM
I didn't even consider 9-2 FL A&M, but I guess that's possible too. My view is if the SWAC / MEAC won't send their best teams to the playoffs, then none of them deserve to go. I hope FAMU doesn't make it, but it wouldn't completely shock me either.

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2021, 08:42 PM
...AH THINK FLA A&M IS A GOOD POSSIBILITY...IFIN' COMMITTEE WANTS BE "ALL INCLUSIVE"........BRAWK!

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 08:46 PM
Here's my rudimentary crack at the bracket that probably won't be close to the actual one. In the end it came down to 3 teams for the final 2 spots: EKU, FAMU, & UNI. I went with EKU & UNI.

Incarnate Word/Stephen F. Austin @ #1 Sam Houston
Davidson/Kennesaw State @ #8 East Tennessee State

Eastern Kentucky/Southern Illinois @ #4 JMU
UT Martin/Missouri State @ #5 Sac State

Sacred Heart/Holy Cross @ #3 Villanova
South Dakota/Eastern Washington @ #6 Montana

UC Davis/South Dakota State @ #2 North Dakota State
Southeastern Louisiana/Northern Iowa @ #7 Montana State

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2021, 08:47 PM

Should Be In (22 total):
AQ7= SHSU, SFA
BSOUTH= KENN
CAA= NOVA, JMU
NEC= SHU
OVC= UTM
PAT= HC
PION= DAVID
SOCON= ETSU
SLAND= UIW, SELA

Rhode Island beat every really bad football team they played

Preferred Walk-On
November 20th, 2021, 08:50 PM

So did North Dakota. ;)

Preferred Walk-On
November 20th, 2021, 08:52 PM

So did Nicholls. ;)

JSUSoutherner
Here's my rudimentary crack at the bracket that probably won't be close to the actual one. In the end it came down to 3 teams for the final 2 spots: EKU, FAMU, & UNI. I went with EKU & UNI.

Davidson/East Tennessee State @ #8 Kennesaw State

Swap ETSU and Kennesaw and I think it's close.

caribbeanhen

you still have UC Davis in .. they have been totally exposed and Im thinking the Big Sky is like a pyramid scheme.....very skeptical right now and ready to watch it come crumbling down

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2021, 08:53 PM
So did North Dakota. ;)

but nobody is advocating for North Dakota

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 08:54 PM
you still have UC Davis in .. they have been totally exposed and Im thinking the Big Sky is like a pyramid scheme.....very skeptical right now and ready to watch it come crumbling down

I can't see an 8-3 Big Sky team with an FBS win getting left out. Agree that they won't be around for the playoffs very long though

Preferred Walk-On
November 20th, 2021, 08:55 PM

Yeah, UC Davis was exposed their last two games, AND they got to miss both Montana and Montana State.

caribbeanhen
So did Nicholls. ;)

the difference is Nicholls actually beat a good team, Rhode Island did not

Chalupa Batman
Swap ETSU and Kennesaw and I think it's close.

You're right. I was going with what I think should happen but with them I went with what I think the committee will do. The KSU/ETSU/Davidson trio will most likely be podded together though I think.

Preferred Walk-On
November 20th, 2021, 08:57 PM
but nobody is advocating for North Dakota

No, I was just pointing out that there were other teams that beat all their bad teams. The difference, North Dakota had to play 5 AGS-ranked (and playoff-bound) MVFC teams. Just sayin'. No, they should not be in the playoffs, but neither should Rhode Island.

- - - Updated - - -

the difference is Nicholls actually beat a good team, Rhode Island did not

Agreed.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 08:57 PM

May I request North Dakota State in the 2nd round? It's time to end the dynasty.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2021, 08:58 PM
No, I was just pointing out that there were other teams that beat all their bad teams. The difference, North Dakota had to play 5 AGS-ranked (and playoff-bound) MVFC teams. Just sayin'. No, they should not be in the playoffs, but neither should Rhode Island.

I agree and think North Dakota beats several playoff teams

Preferred Walk-On
November 20th, 2021, 08:59 PM
May I request North Dakota State in the 2nd round? It's time to end the dynasty.

You may request that matchup...please and thank you.

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 09:00 PM

I would much, much, much rather prefer you to SDSU. Not that I don't think we can't or won't beat SDSU but they do match up well with us. Get you guys in the dome for the first time and it will get ugly for the Owls very quickly. For any smack I may talk about the Owls I do think you have a good team, but not one that would stand up well in the Fargodome.

kalm
November 20th, 2021, 09:03 PM

EWU has more quality wins and a higher SoS schedule than MSU and the Griz. We also have the worst loss of the three. Also also higher in the Massey Composite. Then there’s also SAC.

I think I there’s a decent chance that all 4 get seeded. ETSU is the biggest threat to that.

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2021, 09:04 PM
I would much, much, much rather prefer you to SDSU. Not that I don't think we can't or won't beat SDSU but they do match up well with us. Get you guys in the dome for the first time and it will get ugly for the Owls very quickly. For any smack I may talk about the Owls I do think you have a good team, but not one that would stand up well in the Fargodome.

..OWLS WOOD NEED TA PRACTICE IN DUH BATHROOM WHIFF AC/DC CRANKED TA ELEVEN.....TA SIMULATE NOISE.....AWK!

....WHEN BIZONZZZZZ FANS TURN 65.....DEY'LL ALL NEED HEARIN' AIDS...FROM DAT NOISE EXPOSURE....AWK!

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 09:05 PM
EWU has more quality wins and a higher SoS schedule than MSU and the Griz. We also have the worst loss of the three. Also also higher in the Massey Composite. Then there’s also SAC.

I think I there’s a decent chance that all 4 get seeded. ETSU is the biggest threat to that.

Yeah in my mind there's 3 teams fighting for the #8 seed: EWU, KSU, & ETSU

UNI Pike
November 20th, 2021, 09:05 PM
Really hope that UNI doesn't steal a bid. That loss at Illinois State was worthy of an Amish shaming.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 09:06 PM
I'm sure they'd appreciate the second bye week.

Daytripper
November 20th, 2021, 09:09 PM
This will be one of the most interesting and debated selection Sundays.

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 09:11 PM
This will be one of the most interesting and debated selection Sundays.

Which teams the seeded teams get are going to be very interesting. There are a lot of unseeded dangerous teams waiting in the wings.

WestCoastAggie
November 20th, 2021, 09:14 PM
IMHO, these are the bubble teams:

Chattanooga
Elon
EKU
FAMU
Mercer
Monmouth
Northern Iowa
Nichols
Rhode Island
SFA
SLU
Weber State

The Big Sky and MVFC will each have at least 4 at-large bids while the CAA will only one (JMU).

I think the last 4 in will be:

SFA
SLU
Northern Iowa
FAMU

NOLA
November 20th, 2021, 09:16 PM
Kinda sucks knowing the Colonels won't be in the playoffs this year but really sucks knowing we are better than some of the teams that will get in. Such a frustrating season.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 09:19 PM

If we play in Fargodome I’ll be there

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 09:23 PM
If the bubble was stronger Southern Illinois might be in some serious trouble with their late season slide, losing 3 of 4 including todays bad loss to Youngstown State. They are still comfortably in this year.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll be treated very well and have a good time regardless of how your team is doing xbeerchugx

Bisonoline
November 20th, 2021, 09:28 PM

Youre invited to our tailgate. If it happens shoot me a PM and I will give you the particulars.

ElCid
November 20th, 2021, 09:29 PM
To me it’s between KSU and ETSU for the final seed. Maybe they’ll screw both of them and give it to someone like EWU but I doubt it, or at least hope not.

If it is between ETSU and KSU, and I'm not sure it is, then it's easily ETSU based on SOS and FBS games.

katss07
November 20th, 2021, 09:30 PM
I didn't even consider 9-2 FL A&M, but I guess that's possible too. My view is if the SWAC / MEAC won't send their best teams to the playoffs, then none of them deserve to go. I hope FAMU doesn't make it, but it wouldn't completely shock me either.
I strongly disagree here. I think leaving out FAMU simply because they play in one of the HBCU conferences that doesn’t have an AQ would be irresponsible on the committee’s part. Sure the SWAC and MEAC don’t have AQs but if one of their second place teams is good enough to get a bid and has a resume that matches up, why should they be left at home? Because of the decisions of people in suits and ties in the MEAC or SWAC office? They’re as FCS Playoff eligible as anyone else is.

Not too concerned this would happen. NC A&T made it a couple of years back as MEAC runner up I think. And FWIW I don’t believe FAMU should be in/will be in. A SOS in the 100s and a sub-D1 win are not good for a team vying for a bid.

katss07
November 20th, 2021, 09:33 PM
Now sit back and imagine what this thing would look like if expansion to 32 goes through.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 09:33 PM
Youre invited to our tailgate. If it happens shoot me a PM and I will give you the particulars.
Love it! Hope it happens, except for the near impossible odds of winning, I can’t wait lol

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 09:44 PM
Love it! Hope it happens, except for the near impossible odds of winning, I can’t wait lol

Do not fear the Bison. They actually have a crap QB and can’t throw. It’s great.

semobison
November 20th, 2021, 09:49 PM
Do not fear the Bison. They actually have a crap QB and can’t throw. It’s great.

Our QB today was 19-23 219 yards 1 TD. He also ran for a TD.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 09:52 PM
Our QB today was 19-23 219 yards 1 TD. He also ran for a TD.
Not that it matters. NDSU could run halfback dive 85 times and win by 38.

MUHAWKS
November 20th, 2021, 09:56 PM
I strongly disagree here. I think leaving out FAMU simply because they play in one of the HBCU conferences that doesn’t have an AQ would be irresponsible on the committee’s part. Sure the SWAC and MEAC don’t have AQs but if one of their second place teams is good enough to get a bid and has a resume that matches up, why should they be left at home? Because of the decisions of people in suits and ties in the MEAC or SWAC office? They’re as FCS Playoff eligible as anyone else is.

Not too concerned this would happen. NC A&T made it a couple of years back as MEAC runner up I think. And FWIW I don’t believe FAMU should be in/will be in. A SOS in the 100s and a sub-D1 win are not good for a team vying for a bid.

I know you said you do not think they should or will but if somehow Florida A&M gets a bid it will fly in the face of what 90% of every fan of a major conf team has said for years on this board. It would be shameful and clearly for optics only.. 175 Sagarin and 65 massey with one of the worst SOS- all i do is hear how bad the big south, nec and patriot league are. I am told 7-4 Monmouth has no right getting a bid yet had we scheduled Bucknell instead of Holy Cross and played Lehigh instead of an FBS we would be 9-2 as well and everyone would be saying "the big south sucks you got blown out by HC and Kennesaw"---

semobison
November 20th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Not that it matters. NDSU could run halfback dive 85 times and win by 38.

if you asked me a couple of weeks ago about our chances this year I would have told you we would be fortunate to make the semi’s because of our offense. The offense has been clicking the last two weeks, put up 500 yards against a playoff team today. We look like a contender again!

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2021, 10:05 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned but don't underestimate the fact that UNI blew out the Big Sky outright champ on Sac St's home field. UNI has 3 wins that blow away anything FAMU, EKU, or Monmouth have. Gonna be hard to make an argument for any of them over UNI.

MUHAWKS
November 20th, 2021, 10:17 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned but don't underestimate the fact that UNI blew out the Big Sky outright champ on Sac St's home field. UNI has 3 wins that blow away anything FAMU, EKU, or Monmouth have. Gonna be hard to make an argument for any of them over UNI.

Agree 100%- I was going to make a post on that - Northern Iowa should be in over- URI, Monmouth, F A&M, EKU and Mercer too.

neverobeyed
November 20th, 2021, 10:21 PM

Anyone who has driven through Cedar Rapids with the windows down will never make that mistake again.

WestCoastAggie
November 20th, 2021, 10:26 PM
FAMU and UNI are in, imho.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2021, 10:28 PM

All I say is be careful what you wish for. ETSU has a tendency of showing up when you least expect them.

ksu_owls
November 20th, 2021, 10:43 PM
All I say is be careful what you wish for. ETSU has a tendency of showing up when you least expect them.
ETSU is a great team. Mercer is trash. Agree or disagree, the SoCon championship hasn’t meant much more than the Big South championship the last 5 years… pretty fair statement.

HootyHoo
November 20th, 2021, 10:48 PM

KSU and ETSU have been on a collision course all season. The Owls have grown accustomed to paying attention to SOCON standings to see which lamb will be led to slaughter in the first(or second) round of the playoffs. I’ll volunteer for a first round matchup vs Mercer with the winner going to ETSU. That way, KSU can get two SOCON scalps along our path to glory.

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 11:01 PM
KSU and ETSU have been on a collision course all season. The Owls have grown accustomed to paying attention to SOCON standings to see which lamb will be led to slaughter in the first(or second) round of the playoffs. I’ll volunteer for a first round matchup vs Mercer with the winner going to ETSU. That way, KSU can get two SOCON scalps along our path to glory.

You should really stick around even after your team loses. Makes this place pretty entertaining.

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 11:04 PM
You should really stick around even after your team loses. Makes this place pretty entertaining.
No ways he's the type of person to eat his crow. He's more like Chattown. Talk major crap, look like an idiot, and leave until everyone forgets.

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2021, 11:09 PM
Anyone who has driven through Cedar Rapids with the windows down will never make that mistake again.Especially on a hot summer day. The smell is enough to make you want to vomit.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2021, 11:39 PM
Well, I think I am ready for the selection show. Crazy to think the Big Sky could get 4 seeds, MVFC could get 2, CAA will get 2 and AQ7 will get 1. I wouldn't be shocked if the committee takes 3 Big Sky, 1 MVFC, 2 CAA, 1 AQ7 and ETSU though.

Personally I see it as such, in order:

SHSU
NDSU
Villanova
JMU
Sac St
Montana
Montana St
Missouri St

I just cant see 4 teams getting seeds and whoever gets EWU in the 2nd round, most like Sac St since they didn't play in the regular season, is going to be extremely unlucky. Then again, the only "lock", for a seed, is Sac St since they won the Big Sky.

-EWU beat Montana but lost to Montana St
-Montana beat Montana St but lost to EWU
-Montana St beat EWU but lost to Montana

Sac St beating Montana is huge but that ugly loss to UNI cannot be missed.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 12:03 AM
This is that I came up with.

MVFC
Things couldn't have gone much better for UNI today other than SIU not taking an embarrassing loss to Youngstown St which devalued one of their better wins but I think the MVFC has a real shot at 6 teams in the playoffs given what else happened around the subdivision.

Locks (3):
NDSU (10-1, 7-1)
Missouri St (8-3, 6-2)
SDSU (8-3, 5-3)

Should be in (2):
SIU (7-4, 5-3)
South Dakota (7-4, 5-3)

On the bubble (1):
UNI (6-5, 4-4)

Big Sky
All these teams were already locked in but Montana's win today seriously shook up the seeds. I think Sacramento St was the biggest beneficiary followed by the Griz for their convincing win over Montana St. The Big Sky will get at least 3 seeds and possibly 4 (again!!!).

Locks (5):
Sacramento St (9-2, 8-0)
Montana (9-2, 6-2)
Montana St (9-2, 7-1)
EWU (9-2, 6-2)
UC Davis (8-3, 5-3)

CAA
JMU and Nova are in. After that URI is on the wrong side of the bubble IMO and that's really all there is to even contemplate in the CAA... quite the fall from grace for what used to be the best conference in the FCS.

Locks (2):
JMU (10-1, 7-1)
Villanova (9-2, 7-1)

On the bubble:
Rhode Island (7-4, 4-4)

SOCON
ETSU has a great argument for a seed but I think Montana's win might've squeezed them out and I think Mercer is in easily given what else happened amongst their SOCON brethren today and elsewhere across the bubble. Other than that there's not much else to say.

Locks (1):
ETSU (10-1, 7-1)

Should be in (1):
Mercer (7-3, 6-2)

AQ7
Sam Houston is locked in and a likely top 2 seed and SFA should be in easily. The bubble implosion brings EKU back into the picture at 7-4 but I don't think they've got enough to get all the way back.

Locks (1):
SHSU (10-0, 6-0)

Should be in (1):
SFA (8-3, 4-2)

On the bubble (1):
EKU 7-4 (4-2)

Southland
UIW locked up the autobid and SLU was on shaky ground before Saturday's bubble implostion happened. Now it's pretty much gauranteed that the SLC gets 2 bids and Nicholls is left wondering what could've been if they would've picked up one more win.

Locks (2):
UIW (9-2, 7-1)
SLU (8-3, 6-2)

Others
KSU winning in the Big South title game softened the bubble although I don't think Monmouth is dead... they're just on life support. Elsewhere FAMU has a strong case for an at-large bid given their 9-2 record and turmoil elsewhere on the bubble. If there ever was a year for the SWAC to snag an at-large this might be it...

On the bubble:
SWAC - FAMU (9-2, 7-1)
Big South - Monmouth (7-4, 6-1)

Projected bracket

So for locks and teams that should be in I've got 4 at-large from the MVFC, 4 from the Big Sky, and 1 each from the CAA, SOCON, AQ7, and Southland. That leaves only 1 left and like atthenewbon pointed out several pages ago it probably comes down to UNI or FAMU. I think EKU and Monmouth are in the picture as well but it will boil down to W/L record vs SOS and quality wins. Personally I think quality wins and UNI take that last spot but we shall see. I've seen talk on this thread that Mercer at 7-3 with a D2 win may be on the bubble as well but I think they're safely in. Here's what I have for a projected bracket (autobid denoted with an *):

Northern Iowa (6-5) @ Southeastern Louisiana* (9-2) to #1 Sam Houston* (10-0)
Sacred Heart* (8-3) @ Holy Cross* (9-2)to #8 Villanova* (9-2)

Missouri St (8-3) @ South Dakota St (8-3) to #5 Sacramento St* (8-3)
UT-Martin* (9-2) @ Southern Illinois (7-4) @ to #4 Eastern Washington (9-2)

Davidson* (8-2) @ East Tennessee St* (10-1) to #3 James Madison (10-1)
UC Davis (9-2) @ Incarnate Word (9-2) to #6 Montana (9-2)

Mercer (7-3) @ Kennesaw St* (10-1) to #7 Montana St (9-2)
Stephen F Austin (8-3) @ South Dakota (7-4) to #2 North Dakota St* (10-1)

My last 4 in, in no particular order would be Mercer, Northern Iowa, Southeastern Louisiiana, and Stephen F Austin. My first four out, in no particular order, would be EKU, FAMU, Monmouth, and Rhode Island.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 12:09 AM
I assume that means Mercer is out. We shall see but I think the SOCON gets a second bid this year. The committee shouldn't look at X bids per Y conference but I I don't think you can prevent those politics no matter how hard you try.

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 12:17 AM

Missouri St (8-3) @ South Dakota St (8-3) to #5 Sacramento St (8-3)

My last 4 in, in no particular order would be Mercer, Northern Iowa, Southeastern Louisiiana, and Stephen F Austin. My first four out, in no particular order, would be EKU, FAMU, Monmouth, and Rhode Island.

Do you think the committee would potentially send USD right back to Fargo after finishing the regular season there? When I took my stab at the bracket I funneled SDSU to Fargo instead of the Coyotes because we just played the Coyotes. But maybe they ignore that.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 12:20 AM
Do you think the committee would potentially send USD right back to Fargo after finishing the regular season there? When I took my stab at the bracket I funneled SDSU to Fargo instead of the Coyotes because we just played the Coyotes. But maybe they ignore that.
Who knows... it pretty much has to be one of those two. NDSU AD Matt Larsen is on the committee and I'm guessing he'll make it known that NDSU and SDSU have met in the playoffs 4 time in the last 9 years so I'm going to guess that if they set up a conference rematch in the 2nd round they go for one that is the 1st time rather than the 5th time they've matched up in the playoffs in the last decade.

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 12:25 AM
Who knows... it pretty much has to be one of those two. NDSU AD Matt Larsen is on the committee and I'm guessing he'll make it known that NDSU and SDSU have met in the playoffs 4 time in the last 9 years so I'm going to guess that if they set up a conference rematch in the 2nd round they go for one that is the 1st time rather than the 5th time they've matched up in the playoffs in the last decade.

If it is the Coyotes there are going to be a lot of people in both Fargo and Brookings pretty happy about it me thinks.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 12:30 AM
If it is the Coyotes there are going to be a lot of people in both Fargo and Brookings pretty happy about it me thinks.
I will readily admit there's a fair amount of bias in my opinion that I would prefer not to see the one team that beat NDSU in the regular season to face them in their first playoff game. I would not be surprised at all to see, once again, SDSU vs somebody-or-other for the right to go to the Fardodome but at least this year there is another team in USD that makes it so the committee doesn't say they "have to" put SDSU in NDSU's pod.

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 12:36 AM
I will readily admit there's a fair amount of bias in my opinion that I would prefer not to see the one team that beat NDSU in the regular season to face them in their first playoff game. I would not be surprised at all to see, once again, SDSU vs somebody-or-other for the right to go to the Fardodome but at least this year there is another team in USD that makes it so the committee doesn't say they "have to" put SDSU in NDSU's pod.

Is bias also why you funneled the UNI/SLU winner to SHSU? :D

I don't see that one happening as I think one of the obvious first round matchups is SFA playing UIW with the winner playing SHSU.

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 12:39 AM

Here's a bracket where you get your wish

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2021-final-playoff-predictions-bzbz/

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 01:04 AM
Is bias also why you funneled the UNI/SLU winner to SHSU? :D

I don't see that one happening as I think one of the obvious first round matchups is SFA playing UIW with the winner playing SHSU.
That's more of a "what I would do if I was the committee to avoid conference rematches until the quarters" bias. If Mr NCAA wants to bitch about me making them pay for an extra charter flight I'd simply say SLU is a bus ride from Huntsville just like SFA or UIW would be and I can't predict how the first round will go. There's plenty of precedent for the commitee to show some liberty in where they send teams in the 2nd round. Take the 2013 bracket, for instance, where SDSU went to NAU in the first round and the winner went to Eastern Washington while the winner of Furman/South Carolina St went to Fargo. Only 2 of those 6 teams were within bus distance of each other and they weren't podded together.

MSUWineGuy
November 21st, 2021, 02:49 AM
Sac. State is getting seeded. #bookit
Comical.

19-7 win at Dixie State Week 1
34-16 loss at home to UNI Week 2

I'm still not sure why people have them as a lock to be seeded over MSU who absolute demolished Dixie State (their scores were in garbage time and we could have scored another but let time run out when we were on the two about to score). How Sac State could only score 19 against them is hilarious.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 03:08 AM
Comical.

I'm still not sure why people have them as a lock to be seeded over MSU who absolute demolished Dixie State (their scores were in garbage time and we could have scored another but let time run out when we were on the two about to score). How Sac State could only score 19 against them is hilarious.
It's because they're the outright Big Sky champs with wins over Montana and UC Davis.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2021, 04:27 AM
if you asked me a couple of weeks ago about our chances this year I would have told you we would be fortunate to make the semi’s because of our offense. The offense has been clicking the last two weeks, put up 500 yards against a playoff team today. We look like a contender again!

contender? The Bison are the favorites again!

Only team that can beat you is Sam Houston

The Big Sky is falling in my skeyes

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2021, 05:46 AM

Agreed. FAMU checks a few boxes. . regionalization, a strong brand/ticket sales, and they are in the Massey Composite Top 40. They make a nice regional pod with either Mercer, Kennesaw State, or Southeastern Louisiana.

Hard to ignore the UNI win over Sac. State. They're in.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 05:58 AM

xlolx

Just say no to drugs.....xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 06:04 AM
Agreed. FAMU checks a few boxes. . regionalization, a strong brand/ticket sales, and they are in the Massey Composite Top 40. They make a nice regional pod with either Mercer, Kennesaw State, or Southeastern Louisiana.

IMO, FAMU is in today. Mediocre schedule and SOS aside, they drew something like 60K for the Bethune-Cookman and are 8-1 versus the FCS. I think they are in.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2021, 06:28 AM

I agree with you on FAMU

send them to Hammond, La

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2021, 06:30 AM
xlolx

Just say no to drugs.....xnodx

maybe Hooty didn’t hear that guy got benched

WeAreThePride
November 21st, 2021, 06:31 AM
I'm only on page 6, and this is already an awesome thread.

mvfcfan
November 21st, 2021, 06:38 AM
Selfishly hoping that JMU is the 2 and NDSU is the 3. I've always wanted to see a NDSU @ JMU playoff game and this is the last season it could ever happen since JMU is going FBS.

CockyGeek
November 21st, 2021, 07:08 AM
We're going to start our own tournament with blackjack and hookers!

THINICE
November 21st, 2021, 07:20 AM
If FAMU gets in and bid to host, they could have a huge crowd and make some good $$$

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2021, 08:11 AM
Selfishly hoping that JMU is the 2 and NDSU is the 3. I've always wanted to see a NDSU @ JMU playoff game and this is the last season it could ever happen since JMU is going FBS.

......DID YOUSE SLEEP THRU 2016/2017/2019.................BRAWK!

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 08:15 AM

We're going to start an online campaign to get them to pay us to come to Bridgeforth and then call them cowards when it doesn't happen. :D

kalm
November 21st, 2021, 08:19 AM

MVFC
Things couldn't have gone much better for UNI today other than SIU not taking an embarrassing loss to Youngstown St which devalued one of their better wins but I think the MVFC has a real shot at 6 teams in the playoffs given what else happened around the subdivision.

Locks (3):
NDSU (10-1, 7-1)
Missouri St (8-3, 6-2)
SDSU (8-3, 5-3)

Should be in (2):
SIU (7-4, 5-3)
South Dakota (7-4, 5-3)

On the bubble (1):
UNI (6-5, 4-4)

Big Sky
All these teams were already locked in but Montana's win today seriously shook up the seeds. I think Sacramento St was the biggest beneficiary followed by the Griz for their convincing win over Montana St. The Big Sky will get at least 3 seeds and possibly 4 (again!!!).

Locks (5):
Sacramento St (9-2, 8-0)
Montana (9-2, 6-2)
Montana St (9-2, 7-1)
EWU (9-2, 6-2)
UC Davis (8-3, 5-3)

CAA
JMU and Nova are in. After that URI is on the wrong side of the bubble IMO and that's really all there is to even contemplate in the CAA... quite the fall from grace for what used to be the best conference in the FCS.

Locks (2):
JMU (10-1, 7-1)
Villanova (9-2, 7-1)

On the bubble:
Rhode Island (7-4, 4-4)

SOCON
ETSU has a great argument for a seed but I think Montana's win might've squeezed them out and I think Mercer is in easily given what else happened amongst their SOCON brethren today and elsewhere across the bubble. Other than that there's not much else to say.

Locks (1):
ETSU (10-1, 7-1)

Should be in (1):
Mercer (7-3, 6-2)

AQ7
Sam Houston is locked in and a likely top 2 seed and SFA should be in easily. The bubble implosion brings EKU back into the picture at 7-4 but I don't think they've got enough to get all the way back.

Locks (1):
SHSU (10-0, 6-0)

Should be in (1):
SFA (8-3, 4-2)

On the bubble (1):
EKU 7-4 (4-2)

Southland
UIW locked up the autobid and SLU was on shaky ground before Saturday's bubble implostion happened. Now it's pretty much gauranteed that the SLC gets 2 bids and Nicholls is left wondering what could've been if they would've picked up one more win.

Locks (2):
UIW (9-2, 7-1)
SLU (8-3, 6-2)

Others
KSU winning in the Big South title game softened the bubble although I don't think Monmouth is dead... they're just on life support. Elsewhere FAMU has a strong case for an at-large bid given their 9-2 record and turmoil elsewhere on the bubble. If there ever was a year for the SWAC to snag an at-large this might be it...

On the bubble:
SWAC - FAMU (9-2, 7-1)
Big South - Monmouth (7-4, 6-1)

Projected bracket

So for locks and teams that should be in I've got 4 at-large from the MVFC, 4 from the Big Sky, and 1 each from the CAA, SOCON, AQ7, and Southland. That leaves only 1 left and like atthenewbon pointed out several pages ago it probably comes down to UNI or FAMU. I think EKU and Monmouth are in the picture as well but it will boil down to W/L record vs SOS and quality wins. Personally I think quality wins and UNI take that last spot but we shall see. I've seen talk on this thread that Mercer at 7-3 with a D2 win may be on the bubble as well but I think they're safely in. Here's what I have for a projected bracket (autobid denoted with an *):

Missouri St (8-3) @ South Dakota St (8-3) to #5 Sacramento St* (8-3)

Not much love for EWU’s seeding possibilities so thank you. I’ll throw on my homer hat and annoy MtGrizfan in support of this…

Compared to:

JMU
Nova
Montana
MSU
SAC…

EWU has a stronger SoS, most quality wins, highest computer rankings (before yesterday), no bad losses (both good teams and a combined 4 points.) UNLV is ranked 1 ahead of Vandy in Massey this week. The only actual metrics working against us are the H2H against the cats, and longer win streaks.

I’m not saying EWU will get the three or four, but there’s a case for it and no way in hell we should be unseeded.

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 08:25 AM
Comical.

I admit I don't really know anything about Dixie State, but I would bet that they don't have the depth needed to withstand a FCS schedule yet, especially one as BRUTAL as they put together. I would guess if they played MSU in the season opener, while they would still lose, it would be a more competitive game than last nights. Also keep in mind that Sac State didn't play in the spring so the first few games were their first games since 2019 and it's likely it took them a game or two to round into form. Yes they didn't play EWU or Montana State, but they did win on the road against 2 playoff teams (1 likely seeded) and they mostly easily dispatched the lesser competition they played in the BSC.

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 08:31 AM
Not much love for EWU’s seeding possibilities so thank you. I’ll throw on my homer hat and annoy MtGrizfan in support of this…

Compared to:

JMU
Nova
Montana
MSU
SAC…

EWU has a stronger SoS, most quality wins, highest computer rankings (before yesterday), no bad losses (both good teams and a combined 4 points.) UNLV is ranked 1 ahead of Vandy in Massey this week. The only actual metrics working against us are the H2H against the cats, and longer win streaks.

I’m not saying EWU will get the three or four, but there’s a case for it and no way in hell we should be unseeded.

There's going to be some really good teams that in a lot of years would be seeded playing next weekend.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2021, 08:32 AM

lol

ksu_owls
November 21st, 2021, 08:55 AM
Hope the selection committee had a dirty wet dream about us last night…. It’s our only chance at a seed.

POD Knows
November 21st, 2021, 08:55 AM
KSU is the new JSU or NH.

POD Knows
November 21st, 2021, 08:56 AM
Really hope that UNI doesn't steal a bid. That loss at Illinois State was worthy of an Amish shaming.
The term is “shunning” and I agree they deserve one.

POD Knows
November 21st, 2021, 08:58 AM
I'm sure they'd appreciate the second bye week.
Yes. Please send them up here.

POD Knows
November 21st, 2021, 09:00 AM
You must not really follow anything outside of your own little world.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2021, 09:02 AM
KSU is the new JSU or NH.

actually they are the last lil darlin alive of the that loveable Mickey Mouse club trifecta

POD Knows
November 21st, 2021, 09:02 AM
Our QB today was 19-23 219 (tel:19-23 219) yards 1 TD. He also ran for a TD.
Plus he is completing something like 72% of his passes this year to date

POD Knows
November 21st, 2021, 09:09 AM
It's because they're the outright Big Sky champs with wins over Montana and UC Davis.
Yea. It is the same scenario that UND had that one year in the BSC. Don’t play anybody in the conference, win the conference and exit the playoffs. 😀

CHIP72
November 21st, 2021, 09:09 AM
I agree with you on FAMU

send them to Hammond, La

I’m still salty Villanova was sent to Hammond, LA two years ago.

CHIP72
November 21st, 2021, 09:13 AM

DID YOUSE REED YUR BOLD PART…NDSU AT JMU…NOT DAT DEY PLAYED…BUT PLAYED AT JMU…BRAWK!!!

NOTE: ON TRAIN TO PHILLY…TO SEE IGGLES PLAY NEW AWLINS…CAN’T BOLD TEXT…WORD “AT” EASY…BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2021, 09:16 AM
I’m still salty Villanova was sent to Hammond, LA two years ago.

that was a very entertaining playoff game and the bad call on the TD reception by WR Hayek who is a stud

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 09:21 AM

Compared to:

JMU
Nova
Montana
MSU
SAC…

Yeah, I might be being overly generous to EWU but I see it similarly to you.

There's going to be some really good teams that in a lot of years would be seeded playing next weekend.
Definitely. ETSU being a 10-1 outright SOCON champ with a win over an SEC team would be easily in the seeds most years. I think the Montana and Sac St wins might've squeezed them out.

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2021, 09:34 AM
Hope the selection committee had a dirty wet dream about us last night…. It’s our only chance at a seed.

In any other season, a seed for a team with no FCS losses wouldn't even be a discussion. Also, I think the win against Jacksonville State may be very helpful to your argument. If they'd defeated EKU yesterday, I think they would have been a point of discussion at the round table.

- - - Updated - - -

In any other season, a seed for a team with no FCS losses wouldn't even be a discussion. Also, I think the win against Jacksonville State may be very helpful to your argument. If they'd defeated EKU yesterday, I think they would have been a point of discussion at the round table.

kalm
November 21st, 2021, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I might be being overly generous to EWU but I see it similarly to you.

Definitely. ETSU being a 10-1 outright SOCON champ with a win over an SEC team would be easily in the seeds most years. I think the Montana and Sac St wins might've squeezed them out.

And as good as the Vandy win was they entered yesterday below UW and and one behind UNLV. ETSU’s SoS was 72. Like EWU, they also have a DII win.

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2021, 09:44 AM
Kennesaw State's AD is Milton Overton (former FAMU AD)? Oh it's written in the stars. . .

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2021, 09:50 AM

- - - Updated - - -

No way in blue hell even if we beat EKU we were getting in.

Daytripper
November 21st, 2021, 09:54 AM

Agree. Can't wait to go against you guys every season in the CUSA.

clawman
November 21st, 2021, 09:54 AM
When the Bobcats took the day off yesterday it affected the entire Sky.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2021, 09:56 AM

I'm just hopeful we get a good hire in here.

clawman
November 21st, 2021, 09:56 AM
My hope is EWU gets the 8 seed so we can go to SH and eliminate that paper tiger.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2021, 09:57 AM
Here's the AGS consensus field based on the newest poll that just dropped.

Autos
1. SHSU (1)
2. NDSU (2)
3. Villanova (5)
4. ETSU (7)
5. Sac St (9)
6. Kennesaw St (12)
7. UIW (13)
8. UTM (20)
9. Holy Cross (24)
10. Sacred Heart (33T)
11. Davidson (36)

At-large
1. JMU (3)
2. EWU (4)
3. Montana (6)
4. Montana St (8)
5. Missouri St (10)
6. SDSU (11)
7. UC Davis (14)
8. South Dakota (15)
9. SLU (17)
10. SIU (19)
11. SFA (21)
12. Mercer (24)
13. UNI (25)

First 4 out
FAMU (27)
EKU (28)
Weber St (29)
URI (30)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2021, 09:57 AM

The committee does not pick teams based on their location. The NCAA takes the picks after the fact and asks that the committee limit travel.

Daytripper
November 21st, 2021, 09:58 AM
My hope is EWU gets the 8 seed so we can go to SH and eliminate that paper tiger.

That's rich coming from a team with no defense... The paper tiger argument ended in the spring.

clawman
November 21st, 2021, 10:01 AM
Defense is overrated, we like offense. Easy to say when we have, #3, the best player in all of FCS.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 10:02 AM

I'm jealous of this statement....:(

Wish NDSU wasn't such an outlier and not in the tundra for a FBS move....:(

Daytripper
November 21st, 2021, 10:05 AM
Defense is overrated, we like offense. Easy to say when we have, #3, the best player in all of FCS.

Yeah...good luck with that.

POD Knows
November 21st, 2021, 10:09 AM
Yeah...good luck with that.
Yea. Agree. Watch the EWU NDSU playoff game this past spring with a very average Bison team.

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 10:11 AM
I can see EWU going down to SHSU and winning, but I wouldn't be picking it to happen.

Daytripper
November 21st, 2021, 10:12 AM
Yea. Agree. Watch the EWU NDSU playoff game this past spring with a very average Bison team.

Yup. We learned from experience that just offense will only get you so far.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 10:13 AM

xnodx

I hope NDSU sees EWU again this fall. It will be a total running bulldozing for the Bison....xlolx

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2021, 10:15 AM

Not getting in, but still eligible and would be discussed. Some blowout losses, but you'd have two great wins, and a good one (FSU, SFA, EKU).

Just my opinion though.

TheKingpin28
Defense is overrated, we like offense. Easy to say when we have, #3, the best player in all of FCS.Jason Shelley and Pierre Strong Jr would like a word with you.

WileECoyote06
The committee does not pick teams based on their location. The NCAA takes the picks after the fact and asks that the committee limit travel.

Well then FAMU has no shot at all. :)

ysubigred
November 21st, 2021, 10:18 AM
Is the selection show on TV?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Daytripper
November 21st, 2021, 10:19 AM
Is the selection show on TV?

Thanks.

ESPNU it think.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2021, 10:20 AM
My hope is EWU gets the 8 seed so we can go to SH and eliminate that paper tiger.LOl.. I sent coffee though my nose reading this..[emoji106]

ysubigred
November 21st, 2021, 10:22 AM
ESPNU it think.Thanks..

Daytripper
November 21st, 2021, 10:24 AM
Jason Shelley and Pierre Strong Jr would like a word with you.

As would #12 from Huntsville.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2021, 10:24 AM
I'm jealous of this statement....:(

Wish NDSU wasn't such an outlier and not in the tundra for a FBS move....:(
Just take Fargo and move it somewhere else

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2021, 10:27 AM
Just take Fargo and move it somewhere elseWell, it is transplanted to Frisco almost every year... xcoffeex

ysubigred
November 21st, 2021, 10:28 AM
As would #12 from Huntsville.How about the QB from UIW?

POD Knows
November 21st, 2021, 10:29 AM
Just take Fargo and move it somewhere else
What, and lose all of that charm of the Red River Valley. Surely you jest.

Schism55
November 21st, 2021, 10:30 AM
One hour to go fellas! Fire up your bongs and coffee pots!
Go Bison!

Daytripper
November 21st, 2021, 10:32 AM
How about the QB from UIW?

Yes.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2021, 10:39 AM
Go Bison!He said bongs [emoji2960]

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2021, 10:56 AM
What, and lose all of that charm of the Red River Valley. Surely you jest.
Yeah no idea what you guys would do without your intricate and majestic landscapes.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2021, 10:56 AM
Go Bison!
Coffee bong?

Preferred Walk-On
November 21st, 2021, 11:11 AM
Yeah no idea what you guys would do without your intricate and majestic landscapes.

Exactly. This poster gets it. Welcome to God's country.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2021, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=Schism55;3017245]One hour to go fellas! Fire up your bongs and coffee pots!

....CHILL PILLS/MOTION PILLS/ASPIRIN/XANEX.....MO' DUH ORDER........KEEP....PHONE #998....HANDY..........IFIN' INCLINED....BAH COMMITTEE RESULTS.......AWK!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2021, 11:27 AM
any link to the selection show? I'm stuck at work and didn't see anything listed for ESPN+...

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2021, 11:28 AM
ESPNU !

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 11:32 AM
Here we go!!!

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2021, 11:32 AM
Jay Walker wearing "FAMU gear". He will be irate if they are left out

mvfcfan
November 21st, 2021, 11:33 AM
Most of us agree there are 22 teams solidly in. My guess is that UNI and FAMU get the last two spots. Mercer first team out IMO.

mvfcfan
November 21st, 2021, 11:34 AM
Is this on a radio broadcast anywhere I could stream on my phone? Or just stay here and see what people post lol?

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2021, 11:35 AM
SHSU
NDSU
JMU
Sac St

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2021, 11:35 AM
Well, so far Sac St at 4 is a reach IMO

UNHWildcat18
November 21st, 2021, 11:36 AM
How does JMU get a 3 seed when NDSU lost 2 weeks ago….

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2021, 11:37 AM
Villanova
Montana
ETSU
Montana St

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 11:37 AM

NDSU has an infinitely better resume compared to JMU

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2021, 11:38 AM
How does JMU get a 3 seed when NDSU lost 2 weeks ago….SOS

Jmu lost to the only good team they played.

TheKingpin28
The seeds are actually balanced. I am quite shocked. I thought it would be top heavy again.

ysubigred
Wow only 1 top 8 seeds for the MVFC..

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 11:39 AM

NDSU is 2-1 against playoff teams, JMU is 0-1.

mvfcfan
Guess I won't get that NDSU @ JMU game I wanted.

UNHWildcat18
NDSU has an infinitely better resume compared to JMU

JMU has a loss to the 5 seed. Blew out almost everyone else just like the bison. You can argue an OOC game is better for NDSU but you lost 2 weeks ago and JMU has been rolling since their loss. Sorry but I just don’t see it really.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 11:40 AM
SDSU down to Missouri State.....?

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2021, 11:40 AM
So far, the bottom half is a little heavier than the top, which it should be, but I think Villanova should have been 3 JMU should have been 4 and Sac St should have been 5.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2021, 11:41 AM
NDSU is 2-1 against playoff teams, JMU is 0-1.YSU is 3-0.. sorry couldn't resist.

mvfcfan
SDSU down to Missouri State.....?

Who does winner play?

Bison Fan in NW MN
JMU has a loss to the 5 seed. Blew out almost everyone else just like the bison. You can argue an OOC game is better for NDSU but you lost 2 weeks ago and JMU has been rolling since their loss. Sorry but I just don’t see it really.

JMU hasn't beaten a ranked team all year and when they played a ranked team they lost.

Bison resume infinitely better

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2021, 11:42 AM
JMU has a loss to the 5 seed. Blew out almost everyone else just like the bison. You can argue an OOC game is better for NDSU but you lost 2 weeks ago and JMU has been rolling since their loss. Sorry but I just don’t see it really.JMU lost to the only good team on their schedule. NDSU lost to possibly the 2nd best team in the country on the road and came back and obliterated their opponents. If JMU played NDSUs schedule, do you really think they are 10-1? I know if NDSU played JMUs schedule, they would be at least 10-1 and possibly/probably 11-0

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 11:42 AM
Who does winner play?

ETSU?
Montana State?
NDSU?

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 11:43 AM
Why do all CAA fans like to compare losses and ignore who teams have actually beaten?