PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Boy at App/Mich game

AppGirl
September 4th, 2007, 08:30 PM
http://www.web.appstate.edu/victors.html

Just found this pic of my son from the pre-game photo gallery at appstate.edu. (He's pic #12, I couldn't figure out how to go straight to him, or how to copy and paste the pic here.xconfusedx ) Couldn't resist posting it here, with a little background. xsmiley_wix

App does a thing called Football 101 every year. It's just for women.xthumbsupx We get to have dinner from Outback, shopping, a fashion show, and then get to talk with coaches. It ends with us running onto the field as the band plays the fight song. This all happens about 10 days before the opening game. This year, I told several of the coaches that my son wanted a win for his 12th birthday, which just happens to be September 1st. And, by the way, he'll be at the game. The reply was "Thanks for the pressure!"

Anyway, this is a great picture of my son, on the best birthday of his life. (You should have seen his smile later!)

Mountain Panther
September 4th, 2007, 08:44 PM
9/1 is a good birthday.....I can say that the biggest college football upset ever happened on my 30th. The doctor thought is was funny that my mom was in the hospital over "labor" day.

Other notable people who have a bday on 9/1....

Comedian-actress Lily Tomlin (68)
Singer Barry Gibb (61)
Talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw (57)
Singer Gloria Estefan (50)

McNeese_beat
September 5th, 2007, 12:11 AM
http://www.web.appstate.edu/victors.html

Just found this pic of my son from the pre-game photo gallery at appstate.edu. (He's pic #12, I couldn't figure out how to go straight to him, or how to copy and paste the pic here.xconfusedx ) Couldn't resist posting it here, with a little background. xsmiley_wix

App does a thing called Football 101 every year. It's just for women.xthumbsupx We get to have dinner from Outback, shopping, a fashion show, and then get to talk with coaches. It ends with us running onto the field as the band plays the fight song. This all happens about 10 days before the opening game. This year, I told several of the coaches that my son wanted a win for his 12th birthday, which just happens to be September 1st. And, by the way, he'll be at the game. The reply was "Thanks for the pressure!"

Anyway, this is a great picture of my son, on the best birthday of his life. (You should have seen his smile later!)

By my count, picture #12 is of No. 2 scoring a touchdown.xsmileyclapx

If that's your 12-year-old son, he's pretty dang good for a pre-teen!xbowx

AppGirl
September 5th, 2007, 07:20 AM
By my count, picture #12 is of No. 2 scoring a touchdown.xsmileyclapx

If that's your 12-year-old son, he's pretty dang good for a pre-teen!xbowx

That's the game gallery, he's in the pre-game gallery. He's good, but not that good. Soccer is his sport, to play, anyway.

MarkCCU
September 5th, 2007, 07:22 AM
USC does a football 101 and has for years. The Charleston Riverdogs has had a baseball 101 for years as well.

Pards Rule
September 5th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I think he will be wearing #12 for App State in years to come. Congrats...the Pards were pulling for you!!

citdog
September 5th, 2007, 09:12 AM
That's the game gallery, he's in the pre-game gallery. He's good, but not that good. Soccer is his sport, to play, anyway.

soccer is for communists.

AppGirl
September 5th, 2007, 01:27 PM

I LOVE to watch football. If my son were on the field, I'd be too nervous that he'd get hurt. That's why they WATCH football, but play soccer. They have gone to ASU's football camp, the older one beat Coach Moore's grandson in a punt, pass and kick contest at a FanFest, but they haven't played on a FB team, yet.

citdog
September 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I LOVE to watch football. If my son were on the field, I'd be too nervous that he'd get hurt. That's why they WATCH football, but play soccer. They have gone to ASU's football camp, the older one beat Coach Moore's grandson in a punt, pass and kick contest at a FanFest, but they haven't played on a FB team, yet.

good for your boys!

appfan2008
September 5th, 2007, 01:40 PM
nice pic and congrats on the birthday on the our triumphant day

james_lawfirm
September 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM

Whoa! Where did THAT comment come from? Don't diss what you don't understand!

I have heard football coaches say they would rather have former soccer players because they are in great shape. FYI, Marques Murrell (ASU's DB last year) played soccer exclusively until his senior year in high school.

citdog
September 5th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Whoa! Where did THAT comment come from? Don't diss what you don't understand!

I have heard football coaches say they would rather have former soccer players because they are in great shape. FYI, Marques Murrell (ASU's DB last year) played soccer exclusively until his senior year in high school.

i played soccer............... when i was 10. go eat an orange!

mountain man
September 5th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I like pics 1 and 31 especially. Check out the UM fans expressions in the background of #31 - a picture is worth a 1000 words.