PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston State

Lumberjacks76
August 30th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Looking at their roster, they look fairly loaded this year. Could be a good season for them. I heard a good Division I-A QB transfered to SHS.

Paul

Cat79
August 30th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Sam Houston should have a winning season. They lost all of their receivers (except tight end) last year. I see this as being their largest issue. They lost their starting QB also. The other QB's had very little playing time.

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
August 30th, 2005, 04:10 PM
They got a good, young QB transfer from Oklahoma before last season. They also somehow stole a big-potential kid out from under LSU or Texas or something earlier this year.
But losses of Dustin Long, Jason Mathenia and Vince Cartwright, big-time guys on both lines, and the head coach will probably prove a bit much to overcome this year.

On the positive side for them, it looks like all the other perennial Southland powers (aside from Northwestern St) will be struggling to put the pieces back together this year also. Should be interesting, with possibly some new and previously unknown teams still standing down there come Thanksgiving.

blackfordpu
August 30th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Looking at their roster, they look fairly loaded this year. Could be a good season for them. I heard a good Division I-A QB transfered to SHS.

Paul

Yes, we are anticipating a winning season this year. There is a small question at the QB position but we are pretty confident that Allen can step up and get the job done. The WR position is really the only question we have on the roster and from what I have heard, we should be good there as well.

TexasTerror
August 30th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Many in Bearkat nation would love an 8-3 record but we realize there's a big difference between 7-4 and 8-3, the two record predicted the most. With 8-3 comes a playoff berth. 7-4 means on the outside looking in.

kats89
August 30th, 2005, 10:10 PM
They got a good, young QB transfer from Oklahoma before last season. They also somehow stole a big-potential kid out from under LSU or Texas or something earlier this year.
But losses of Dustin Long, Jason Mathenia and Vince Cartwright, big-time guys on both lines, and the head coach will probably prove a bit much to overcome this year.

On the positive side for them, it looks like all the other perennial Southland powers (aside from Northwestern St) will be struggling to put the pieces back together this year also. Should be interesting, with possibly some new and previously unknown teams still standing down there come Thanksgiving.

My prediction is at least 8-3. (5-0 at home, 3-3 on road) and make it with at least an at large bid.

Yes we are very deep at QB. You are talking about a freshman redshirt Jordan Reever (LSU). We alson picked up a very good QB from Tx Tech just in the last month Philip Daugherty (Soph). This kid looks VERY good. He was Texas Class 3A player of the year in high school throwing for almost 11,000 yds in his high school career. He has only been in camp an short time and is already listed at 3rd string QB. From what I have heard, he is turning some heads.
First test is Thursday night at home.

HPCAT
August 30th, 2005, 11:26 PM
My prediction is at least 8-3. (5-0 at home, 3-3 on road) and make it with at least an at large bid.

Yes we are very deep at QB. You are talking about a freshman redshirt Jordan Reever (LSU). We alson picked up a very good QB from Tx Tech just in the last month Philip Daugherty (Soph). This kid looks VERY good. He was Texas Class 3A player of the year in high school throwing for almost 11,000 yds in his high school career. He has only been in camp an short time and is already listed at 3rd string QB. From what I have heard, he is turning some heads.
First test is Thursday night at home.

Just curious, but do you really believe you will beat McNeese in LC ?

beerkat
August 30th, 2005, 11:47 PM
can we do it ? sure

will we do it ? who knows

kats89
August 31st, 2005, 07:15 AM
Just curious, but do you really believe you will beat McNeese in LC ?

I predict (for what they are worth):

Home:
Bacone...W
Mizzou St..W
NW St....W
SFA...W
SE La..W

Road
UH..Predicting upset
TT..L
Nicholls ST...W
McNeese St.. Toss up, but a L
No Colorado..W
Tx State... W

If we upset UH, I am saying 9-2. If we lose UH 8-3. TSU-SM and SHSU is really a toss up at this point, but I really feel SHSU will pull this one out and gain the conference championship. I see Tx St-SM and SHSU both in the playoffs with NW St on the outside looking in.

But, it is all opinion!!!! :nod:

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
August 31st, 2005, 12:57 PM

Yes we are very deep at QB. You are talking about a freshman redshirt Jordan Reever (LSU). We alson picked up a very good QB from Tx Tech just in the last month Philip Daugherty (Soph).

Yep, Reever's who I was thinking of. Thanks for the clarification. You guys look great at QB in years to come. I'm another Big Sky guy who's a fan of the Southland, so g'luck in the coming year! Hope to see you guys (as long as it's in Missoula in November, instead of Huntsville in September ;) ) again soon!