PDA

View Full Version : App Fans in I-A

89Hen
September 4th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Sorry if this has been posted, but have you seen the videos coming out of Penn State with the students packing the concourse level watching the ASU/UM game on the small TV's? It is absolutely priceless...

Part One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=397UrwydsC0&mode=related&search=)

Part Two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1czx8Db4IH0&mode=related&search=)

Part Three (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5a_50qzE3c&mode=related&search=)

turfdoc
September 4th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Sorry if this has been posted, but have you seen the videos coming out of Penn State with the students packing the concourse level watching the ASU/UM game on the small TV's? It is absolutely priceless...

Part One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=397UrwydsC0&mode=related&search=)

Part Two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1czx8Db4IH0&mode=related&search=)

Actually this is something that Penn State Fans are for notorious for....Being idiots that is.

Penn State plays Michigan. In college football you root for your conference mates (and teams you play) when they play non-conference games because it raises your strength of schedule.

All of us get this, and we even have a playoff (making it less important), the only time I know of a lower team and the conference getting a bid over a higher rated team in that conference was YSU getting in over UNI a few years back.

89Hen
September 4th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Ohio State fans love AppSt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOBjdka9uEw&mode=related&search=)

Peems
September 4th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Actually this is something that Penn State Fans are for notorious for....Being idiots that is.

Penn State plays Michigan. In college football you root for your conference mates (and teams you play) when they play non-conference games because it raises your strength of schedule.

All of us get this, and we even have a playoff (making it less important), the only time I know of a lower team and the conference getting a bid over a higher rated team in that conference was YSU getting in over UNI a few years back.

Exactly. What happens when Michigan beats Penn. St? They ruin their chances too. I know there are a lot of Griz fans who don't cheer for MSU no matter what, but I always cheer for the bobcats so when we beat em, it makes it all the more sweeter:D

GannonFan

That's silly, they hate Michigan - heck, if I lost 8 straight times to a team like Penn State has to Michigan I'd hate them too. Michigan flat out owns Penn St over the past decade so I'm sure that rankles the Nittany Lion fans quite a bit. And I agree with the other poster - Ohio St fans surely weren't pulling for Michigan either, and they come at it from a different angle having owned Michigan recently.

bandl

It's always enjoyable to see your arch rival lose, no matter the consequences or circumstance.

89Hen
September 4th, 2007, 02:16 PM
More Ohio State fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0jePmKPEM0&mode=related&search=)

GannonFan
September 4th, 2007, 02:17 PM
It's always enjoyable to see your arch rival lose, no matter the consequences or circumstance.

I agree - I'm happy when stinkin nova goes 0-11 - no problems with that at all!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

henfan
I don't watch much FBS ball but I'll be tuning in, pulling for Michigan to beat Penn State and Ohio State this year.xthumbsupx

OL FU

Go Lenoir Rhynexnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx

Time to get back to some sanity here. I am tired of loving App:p

and may I add Appy sucksxwhistlex

xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

turfdoc
September 4th, 2007, 02:22 PM

Emotion creating stupidity. The Big Ten is now the weakest conference in the BCS in many peoples eyes. and when PSU loses to Michigan there goes their chances for a an at large BCS bid even if it is their only loss. Most Ohio State fans I know initially rooted for ASU but when they actually won...they were sad for their conference.

It really hurts the strength of schedule. and eliminates The Big Ten from a one loss at large to the NC game.

Mountain Panther
September 4th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Had a job interview with two people this morning, one was a Clemson grad, one a Minnesota grad. The Minn grad couldn't believe ASU beat Michigan, but the Clem grad was quick to point out that ASU's starting O and D were just better than UM's. Pretty cool.

OL FU
September 4th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Had a job interview with two people this morning, one was a Clemson grad, one a Minnesota grad. The Minn grad couldn't believe ASU beat Michigan, but the Clem grad was quick to point out that ASU's starting O and D were just better than UM's. Pretty cool.

A Clemson gradxeekx Was he a football fanxeekx xeekx

Peems
September 4th, 2007, 02:28 PM
A Clemson gradxeekx Was he a football fanxeekx xeekx

probably after last night, what a game!!

bandl
September 4th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Emotion creating stupidity. The Big Ten is now the weakest conference in the BCS in many peoples eyes. and when PSU loses to Michigan there goes their chances for a an at large BCS bid even if it is their only loss. Most Ohio State fans I know initially rooted for ASU but when they actually won...they were sad for their conference.

It really hurts the strength of schedule. and eliminates The Big Ten from a one loss at large to the NC game.

Emotion has no place in football! xlolx xlolx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

UM losing to ASU is just the beginning of the Big Ten's problems if they really think one loss (albeit a huge one) makes or breaks the season for an entire conference. xnodx There is still a helluva lot more football to play...and guess what, that includes games outside the Big Ten too! xeekx The thought of it! xeekx

BearsCountry
September 4th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I wonder how much App State merchandise is being sent to Ohio.

Franks Tanks
September 4th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Do we have to remind you that a Big Ten school was in the BCS champ last year, althought they got crushed. Also Penn State beat Tenn. and Wisc beat ARk. in bowl games last year. The Big 10 may be down this year, but we all know conferences are cyclical and its a long season. Wisc or Penn State may have fine seasons

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2007, 04:29 PM

Yes, you may, as long as you don't start another d*mned thread about it! xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xmadx

:D

B&G
September 4th, 2007, 04:42 PM
We went to a sports bar in Livonia after the game and still had on our ASU jerseys. Every Michigan State fan that walked by stopped to talk to us and say how it made their season already. They all said that Michigan fans were a-holes who are rude as hell. We probably could have worn our jerseys to East Lansing and drank for free all night long.

For what it's worth, the Michigan fans were all really nice to us and the Spartan fans came off sounding like they were red-headed stepchildren. But I guess I can see both sides of the equation. I have to admit to taking some pleasure in seeing Georgia Southern losing to Central Conn last season yet I rooted for them to beat NDSU.

Go...gate
September 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM

I take issue with that as a Penn State graduate school alum! We are not idiots.

Michigan is not loved by much of the Big Ten because, since Chicago left what was then the Western Conference (the old name of the Big Six/Big Ten), they have appointed themselves the Harvard of the conference, which is a crock. A lot of Big Ten fans are broader-minded and realize that many Big Ten schools have fine academic programs (and are also realistic enough to know that Northwestern, a private school, is probably the best academic school in the conference). Accordingly, they root for "Meeechigan" to lose to anyone, except maybe the Rose Bowl.

phillyAPP
September 4th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I wonder how much App State merchandise is being sent to Ohio.

They are selling out !!

Orders from all over the north.

Its nuts in Boone and everything is sold out or being printed so fast that they can't keep up.

We are going Friday to try to get something for saturday's game.

JohnStOnge
September 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM

Ah, yes....a painful memory. The year was 1997. McNeese beat the second place team in the Gateway (UNI) at home during the regular season then beat the Gateway champ (Western Illinois) in the second round of the playoffs. But the Cowboys lost by one point to the third place team in the Gateway (YSU) in the championship game.

KAUMASS
September 4th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I'd like to see Michigan run the table as it will bring more praise to the FCS division and App. State. It will also make all of those other fans guilty by association, meaning that if Michigan beat Ohio State, than App. St. should be able to beat them. The old motto "be careful what you wish for" definately applies here.

BearsCountry
September 4th, 2007, 06:49 PM
They are selling out !!

Its nuts in Boone and everything is sold out or being printed so fast that they can't keep up.

Sounds like what happened up at Bucknell when they knocked off Kansas, Mizzou fans bought a ton of it. Bucknell bookstore said their top destination was the state of Missouri.

blukeys
September 4th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Great videos 89. You just can't make this stuff up!!!xsmiley_wix

blukeys
September 4th, 2007, 09:57 PM
They are selling out !!

Makes sense to me. Both Ohio State and Penn State play Michigan in Ann Arbor. Nothing would tick off the MU faithful than an ASU sweatshirt or hat at the Big House. Enjoy the notoriety. All fame is fleeting.

igo4uni
September 4th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Great videos 89. You just can't make this stuff up!!!xsmiley_wix

Yup, good stuff!!

proasu89
September 4th, 2007, 10:10 PM

You most certainly may:D Bout time things got back to normal around herexsmiley_wix I was gonna say something like Muck Fichigan about Furman and then realized I couldn't transpose the F in Furmanxoopsx :p Oh well FU you tooxsmiley_wix

HaveFunKc
September 4th, 2007, 10:12 PM

APP-solutely you may... That's why the color furple is such a lovely color. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I'm glad to see things are getting back to normal, I was beginning to wonder there for a while. xeyebrowx

RadMann
September 4th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Those fans are drunken fools. If they can't see that Michigan (the flagship program in their conference) losing to a team from the FCS hurts their conference at least a little, they are clueless.

89Hen
September 5th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Those fans are drunken fools. If they can't see that Michigan (the flagship program in their conference) losing to a team from the FCS hurts their conference at least a little, they are clueless.
But the best part... who cares? It's just fun to watch. xthumbsupx