PDA

View Full Version : USD at NDSU -Support your Team here.

Mfergy4
November 17th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Okay, starting my first thread.

Watched the second half of the SDSU and USD game. The USD QB is like a darned Timex Watch...takes a beating and keeps on ticking. Two big bullish backs look tough to bring down. This could be a huge challenge if the Bison come out flat as usual. Coaches have to start hyping the importance of these games better. I believe our Offense is beginning to gel and I saw nothing out of the ordinary about the USD defense. TR had better bring more than two pages of the play book this week though. He is looking overwhelmed as an OC for the Bison and the lack of a true O-Line coach is showing. Bison will prevail over the Coyotes....what say all you prognosticators?

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2021, 05:05 PM
For the verbal beating Bison OC Tyler Roehl and the O-line coach Dan Larson have taken on social media and message boards this year (and I admit that I've contributed to that as well) one thing I found pretty eye opening is that currently NDSU is leading the FCS in yards per carry, 2nd in rush yards per game, 3rd in yards per play, 5th in yards per pass attempt, and 6th in team passing efficiency. There are some things that need improvement like offensive redzone efficiency but I think we're being more than just a touch hypercritical of the Bison offense this year. Here's the full tale of the tape for this matchup:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51687921984_86ce5c77a5_z.jpg

I think USD's QB Carson Camp is the key for both sides. The Yotes need to keep him upright and clean, the Bison need to hit him early and often. USD's run defense has been pretty darn good this year so it'll put those numbers I listed above for the Bison offense to the test. Sounds like it'll be a good crowd as the students have sold out their tickets (which has been unheard of recently for a game at this time of year) and there's only a few hundred seats left for sale on NDSU's ticket site. Senior day for the Bison and they're busting out the yellow jerseys that they're 33-0 all-time in and the green harvest helmets that they're 20-0 all-time in for the first time since the 2019 title game vs JMU. Let's go!

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2021, 06:08 PM
For the verbal beating Bison OC Tyler Roehl and the O-line coach Dan Larson have taken on social media and message boards this year (and I admit that I've contributed to that as well) one thing I found pretty eye opening is that currently NDSU is leading the FCS in yards per carry, 2nd in rush yards per game, 3rd in yards per play, 5th in yards per pass attempt, and 6th in team passing efficiency. There are some things that need improvement like offensive redzone efficiency but I think we're being more than just a touch hypercritical of the Bison offense this year. Here's the full tale of the tape for this matchup:

I think USD's QB Carson Camp is the key for both sides. The Yotes need to keep him upright and clean, the Bison need to hit him early and often. USD's run defense has been pretty darn good this year so it'll put those numbers I listed above for the Bison offense to the test. Sounds like it'll be a good crowd as the students have sold out their tickets (which has been unheard of recently for a game at this time of year) and there's only a few hundred seats left for sale on NDSU's ticket site. Senior day for the Bison and they're busting out the yellow jerseys that they're 33-0 all-time in and the green harvest helmets that they're 20-0 all-time in for the first time since the 2019 title game vs JMU. Let's go!

This is why coaches say if you listen to the fans you’ll soon be sitting with em

semobison
November 17th, 2021, 07:13 PM

Thanks, the stat that caught my attention is the 97 ypg rushing yards allowed by the Yotes and 3.1 ypc. In order to beat the Herd you have to stop the run. USD has been doing that this year. Might need to loosen them up with play action.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2021, 06:34 AM
Should be a good game. Both teams have a lot to play for. Where USD has improved the most is on the defensive side. Much improved over Coyote teams of the past. That said, NDSU's OL needs to bring their A game. More than likely the Bison offense is going to see run blitzes in obvious running situations so they need to prepare. Don't know how much freedom Cam has in calling audibles but it the box is stacked or blitz coming, audible out of a run.

I think NDSU will wear them out in the 2nd half. The USD defense is good but NDSU's is better and will be able to slow down their offense.

If the Bison can get a lead they will pound out the running game. Now if they start slow and get behind then the game will be down to the wire.

Bison 28-13

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2021, 06:37 AM
Thanks, the stat that caught my attention is the 97 ypg rushing yards allowed by the Yotes and 3.1 ypc. In order to beat the Herd you have to stop the run. USD has been doing that this year. Might need to loosen them up with play action.

If Roehl keeps Cam under center and uses the FB to lead block, IMO, the Bison will have a better run game compared to the RPO crap that everyone else has run. Plus play action works a lot better when the formation is used the majority of the time. If you are in RPO shotgun all the time then occasionally bring in the I-back formation, might as well just tell the defense it is A gap power or play action.

MSUWineGuy
November 18th, 2021, 08:53 AM
I think ​NDSU will win. I WANT USD to win, for the share of the crown.

Uncle Rico
November 18th, 2021, 09:12 AM
Really hard to make a prediction on this one. I'd feel a lot better if the game was in Vermillion. Should be a good game between two good teams. It will come down to the running game on both sides of the ball for USD. They've done a great job of stopping the run so far this year even with the feature backs in the league like Strong. If they can make NDSU throw the ball, I like our chances. On the offensive side of the ball, we need to control the clock and run the ball effectively. We have about 3 RBs that can all take 20 or 30 carries a game if needed. And for the love of God keep Camp on his feet. Kids a warrior out there and we're really excited to see what his career is gonna look like. Big opportunity for him on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 18th, 2021, 09:15 AM
Really hard to make a prediction on this one. I'd feel a lot better if the game was in Vermillion. Should be a good game between two good teams. It will come down to the running game on both sides of the ball for USD. They've done a great job of stopping the run so far this year even with the feature backs in the league like Strong. If they can make NDSU throw the ball, I like our chances. On the offensive side of the ball, we need to control the clock and run the ball effectively. We have about 3 RBs that can all take 20 or 30 carries a game if needed. And for the love of God keep Camp on his feet. Kids a warrior out there and we're really excited to see what his career is gonna look like. Big opportunity for him on Saturday.

You don’t beat the Bison by running the ball. You need to spread the field. Go 5 wide and throw the ball 50 times and get the ball out quick, less that two seconds. That is how you beat them most of the time.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2021, 09:22 AM
Just don’t think South Dakota will be able to put up enough points to win this game

mvfcfan
November 18th, 2021, 09:26 AM
NDSU will likely win, but everyone in the MVFC and every FCS fan that is looking towards the playoffs is rooting for USD.

POD Knows
November 18th, 2021, 09:30 AM
NDSU will likely win, but everyone in the MVFC and every FCS fan that is looking towards the playoffs is rooting for USD.
Isn’t that always the case? 😁

POD Knows
November 18th, 2021, 10:19 AM
Here is a subject that is a little bit removed from the game itself but NDSU always does a 50/50 raffle for each home game. For some reason they had a carry over from last week so the payout on this one, depending on numbers sold, could pay out somewhere between 50k to 75k so don’t forget to get your tickets. And USD fans that are coming to the game, we will take your money as well. The team makers run this raffle.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2021, 10:26 AM
Here is a subject that is a little bit removed from the game itself but NDSU always does a 50/50 raffle for each home game. For some reason they had a carry over from last week so the payout on this one, depending on numbers sold, could pay out somewhere between 50k to 75k so don’t forget to get your tickets. And USD fans that are coming to the game, we will take your money as well. The team makers run this raffle.
Apparently the pot from the Indiana St game went unclaimed so that's why it's carrying over. Guessing somebody lost a slip of paper worth about $24K.

POD Knows
November 18th, 2021, 10:33 AM
Apparently the pot from the Indiana St game went unclaimed so that's why it's carrying over. Guessing somebody lost a slip of paper worth about $24K.
Yea. I was at the game and they never announced the winner. Probably some asshat that left the game at halftime but you can claim it later so it is sort of a head scratcher. I think they should draw the winner and announce it in the 4th quarter and you have to be present to win. We would have carryovers every home game.

Mfergy4
November 18th, 2021, 01:42 PM

Thanks for the stats Professor C! I guess we are spoiled from the Klieman era as he preached a 50/50 run to pass ratio which kept defenses guessing. Lots of I and split backs with QB under center for both pass and run. As pointed out, we have gotten to predicable and teams have picked up on that. The stats are good but given our talent level there is are a couple of games (UND and Illinois) where run blitzes were killing us badly in games we should have been over-whelming in. Wife, bless her soul, is not the best in football knowledge but has been calling the third down and 4 or shorter plays with about a 90% success rate. We have become too dependent on the QB run there. It has gotten better with CAM but still too predicable in certain situations. When it is a close game Tyler plays not to lose instead playing to win, IMHO.
O-Line play has slipped from the 2019 year. Some due to youth, but also some due to coaching. Too many missed reads or bad blocking schemes. O-Line coaching is one where you need to have a dedicate coach assigned to. Splitting between RB and O-line coaching is not a good decision for either position.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2021, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the stats Professor C! I guess we are spoiled from the Klieman era as he preached a 50/50 run to pass ratio which kept defenses guessing. Lots of I and split backs with QB under center for both pass and run. As pointed out, we have gotten to predicable and teams have picked up on that. The stats are good but given our talent level there is are a couple of games (UND and Illinois) where run blitzes were killing us badly in games we should have been over-whelming in. Wife, bless her soul, is not the best in football knowledge but has been calling the third down and 4 or shorter plays with about a 90% success rate. We have become too dependent on the QB run there. It has gotten better with CAM but still too predicable in certain situations. When it is a close game Tyler plays not to lose instead playing to win, IMHO.
O-Line play has slipped from the 2019 year. Some due to youth, but also some due to coaching. Too many missed reads or bad blocking schemes. O-Line coaching is one where you need to have a dedicate coach assigned to. Splitting between RB and O-line coaching is not a good decision for either position.
Larson is the dedicated O-line coach. In 2019 he was the RB coach. When Blazek left they hired Beschorner who took over as RB coach and Larson moved to O-line. I do think the o-line hasn't been consistent enough and maybe the fact that Larson has never been an O-line coach in almost 20 years of coaching is part of the issue. He has been an OC at the D2/D3 level and a head coach at the D3 level though.

Mfergy4
November 18th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Larson is the dedicated O-line coach. In 2019 he was the RB coach. When Blazek left they hired Beschorner who took over as RB coach and Larson moved to O-line. I do think the o-line hasn't been consistent enough and maybe the fact that Larson has never been an O-line coach in almost 20 years of coaching is part of the issue. He has been an OC at the D2/D3 level and a head coach at the D3 level though.

When did Beschorner get hired? Last I heard Larson was splitting the duties, but then that was back in August. Thank you for the correction and update.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2021, 03:21 PM
When did Beschorner get hired? Last I heard Larson was splitting the duties, but then that was back in August. Thank you for the correction and update.
That was back in January of this year so he's been RBs and Larson has been O-line since the spring season kicked off: https://gobison.com/news/2021/1/12/football-ndsu-hires-beschorner-as-running-backs-coach-larson-moves-to-offensive-line.aspx

Hammerhead
November 18th, 2021, 07:46 PM
The Bison are wearing the yellow (I say they are yellow, not gold) jerseys with the green harvest helmets for the Harvest Bowl and are undefeated in both. 33-0 in the yellow jerseys and 20-0 in the harvest helmets.

https://gobison.com/news/2021/11/15/coyotes-visit-for-harvest-bowl-saturday-looking-to-claim-share-of-valley-football-title.aspx

Mfergy4
November 19th, 2021, 10:30 AM
The Bison are wearing the yellow (I say they are yellow, not gold) jerseys with the green harvest helmets for the Harvest Bowl and are undefeated in both. 33-0 in the yellow jerseys and 20-0 in the harvest helmets.

https://gobison.com/news/2021/11/15/coyotes-visit-for-harvest-bowl-saturday-looking-to-claim-share-of-valley-football-title.aspx

Did you just do the "Jinx Them" stats report?! xeyebrowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2021, 05:27 AM
GameDay for the Bison

Both teams have a ton to play for today. Stand alone Valley title for the Bison or shared with USD/MSU and potentially SIU also.

For me it comes down to:

NDSU's defense is good enough to stop/slow down USD to win and USD's is not.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2021, 05:30 AM
GameDay for the Bison

Both teams have a ton to play for today. Stand alone Valley title for the Bison or shared with USD/MSU and potentially SIU also.

For me it comes down to:

NDSU's defense is good enough to stop/slow down USD to win and USD's is not.

South Dakota comes back down to earth today after being lifted on the wings on mother Mary last week.....

Bison 24
SD 10

Uncle Rico
November 20th, 2021, 05:33 AM
GameDay for the Bison

For me it comes down to:

NDSU's defense is good enough to stop/slow down USD to win and USD's is not.Not sure how I feel about the game today, but it's hard to say USDs defense isn't good enough to slow down the Bison. Outside of one drive in the 4th quarter, they basically held SDSU in check all day last week, something NDSU couldn't do the week before.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2021, 05:41 AM
Not sure how I feel about the game today, but it's hard to say USDs defense isn't good enough to slow down the Bison. Outside of one drive in the 4th quarter, they basically held SDSU in check all day last week, something NDSU couldn't do the week before.

We'll see. USD hasn't defended NDSU very well since joining the Valley and they do not play as well away from home. Going to be a totally different environment today compared to last week for the Coyotes.

No argument that USD is better defensively compared to the past but let's see it today for 4 quarters.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2021, 05:43 AM
South Dakota comes back down to earth today after being lifted on the wings on mother Mary last week.....

Bison 24
SD 10

Question is will USD come out flat after that huge win last week? Has to be some kind of let down initially but once the game gets rolling they will settle down.....they better or they will get bulldozed.

Uncle Rico
November 20th, 2021, 05:48 AM
We'll see. USD hasn't defended NDSU very well since joining the Valley and they do not play as well away from home. Going to be a totally different environment today compared to last week for the Coyotes.

No argument that USD is better defensively compared to the past but let's see it today for 4 quarters.Fair statement. This is without a doubt the best defense the coyotes have had since joining the valley. We'll see if it's good enough today.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2021, 05:53 AM
Fair statement. This is without a doubt the best defense the coyotes have had since joining the valley. We'll see if it's good enough today.

Actually, it is pretty darn cool USD is where they are at now. I remember watching them vs the Bison in the mid 80s when both were on top of D2.

USD was a doormat when they first entered the Valley but have made progress since then. Probably not as fast as Coyote fans would have wanted but they learned real fast that being successful in the Valley starts with both lines and they have improved both.

USD is in the playoffs and I suspect they will give any team all they can handle.

Uncle Rico
November 20th, 2021, 06:01 AM
Actually, it is pretty darn cool USD is where they are at now. I remember watching them vs the Bison in the mid 80s when both were on top of D2.

USD was a doormat when they first entered the Valley but have made progress since then. Probably not as fast as Coyote fans would have wanted but they learned real fast that being successful in the Valley starts with both lines and they have improved both.

USD is in the playoffs and I suspect they will give any team all they can handle.It'll be interesting to see if they can sustain the success they're seeing this year. I'm still trying to explain it, because nothing really changed from the doormat team we saw in the spring "season". Maybe mentality I guess. Whatever they're doing, it doesn't seem like they're letting old reputations and past performances get in their way this season.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:11 PM

Bison 24
SD 10
IMO - USD was very high after the game last week...lots of energy used up against SDSU - I see a let down in the 1 quarter.
Question is will NDSU come out with energy and urgency right away? Has not been their MO this season.

Its Senior Day; they are still playing for a play-off spot; and [playing for the out right MVFC Championship. I see a hyped up Bison.

NDSU - 35 USD - 17

Lorne_Malvo
November 20th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Hunter Luepke will not play for NDSU today. Hamstring.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:28 PM
Yep, Kobe and Williams are the 1 - 2 punch!!

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:29 PM
Nice Senior Day send-off today.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Nice 4th down stop by the Bison.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:42 PM
We are passing!!! Wow!

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Hot Fig! Bison are looking Hot!

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:46 PM
USD waiting for that up the middle play.

- - - Updated - - -

What. 3rd and 4 and QB keeper? Again, for the 100th time!

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Touchdown....Bison! Love the under Center work this whole drive.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:56 PM
Bison looking good on both sides of the ball right now.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Sproles burst of speed for the TD! Wow, we are looking good!

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:08 PM
Bam! Third TD for Bison in 1st Quarter!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone see the linebacker get pancaked on that last Williams run??

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:12 PM
21 to 0 Bison after 1 Quarter.

semobison
November 20th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Miller 8-9 in the 1st qtr. We got a new OC?

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:20 PM
This is a whooping of old fashion style....

- - - Updated - - -

Miller 8-9 in the 1st qtr. We got a new OC?

Maybe TR is sick or something....

dewey
November 20th, 2021, 03:23 PM
43 yard wide receiver reverse for a TD by Christian Watson. Great job using his fownfield blockers.

28-0 NDSU

Dewey

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:23 PM

Its a Bison stampede!!!!

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:34 PM
Great blocking at point of attack for Kobe's run

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Big hole for Kobe, again!

- - - Updated - - -

sophmore TE looked good on the catch

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Gindorf saves the drive.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:39 PM
Yikes, not good there....come on big D

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:41 PM
Okay....USD has quit...QB slides to avoid any contact before going out of bounds.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:45 PM
Good Defensive stand by NDSU......

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:49 PM
good first half for the Bison....just one mistake the fumble in the red zone but it did not hurt them.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:53 PM
Holy big upset...Youngstown upsets ISU...

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:56 PM
UND and SDSU tied in the 3rdQ... 14 to 14

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:10 PM
Stats at the half

USD NDSU
Total yds 172 271
Pass yds 89 146
Rush yds 83 122
Penalties 4-25 1 -10

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell.....did we change uniforms at the half???

dewey
November 20th, 2021, 04:10 PM
Big punt return for a TD by USD.

28-10 NDSU 1242 to go 3rd quarter.

Dewey

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:11 PM
USD fired up and NDSU is flat....gesh....

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:14 PM
Okay , good return by Raja. 8 yds by williams

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:16 PM
Review for the 12 defenders on field

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Heck of a play by Miller and Nelson

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Sproles looked good but Holding kills the highlight

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:22 PM
31 to 10 NDSU... with 10:02 left in the 3rd

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Review for ball on the ground on the screen.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:33 PM
OMG...Punter rambles for the 1st down....

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:37 PM
Back to back big holes for the runs!

- - - Updated - - -

TD Bison 38 to 10 Bison with 4:05 left in the 3rd

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:40 PM
nice RPO by USD on back to back plays......tip off Weber for the USD TD

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:41 PM
Bison 38 - USD 17 with 3:15 in the 3rd.....Weber crying because of the missed INT

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:46 PM
38 to 17 Bison lead and driving at the end of the 3rd

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Lots of chippy play by USD right now on Watson and Miller on the pass play.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:55 PM
Well blew my pick score of 31 - 17 Bison win....45 - 17 bison with 14 + left in the 4th

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 05:02 PM
Bison look to be peaking at the right time for fans and the wrong time for the rest of the FCS.....

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 05:03 PM
NDSU 52 USD 17 with about 11 minutes left in the 4th

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 05:07 PM
second string in on D for Bison

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 05:10 PM
second string looking good against the USD 1's except the penalties..

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 05:16 PM
So do we have the #2 seed after a Montana ST loss???

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 05:21 PM
Wife just pointed out....See what happens when all the helmets match in color

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 05:23 PM
That's a wrap 52 to 24 Bison win.

semobison
November 20th, 2021, 05:28 PM
300 yards rushing and 200 yards passing for NDSU against a playoff team. Bison playing their best football the last two weeks!

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 05:40 PM
Greats stats against a ranked team.....better play calling the last two weeks.

POD Knows
November 20th, 2021, 06:22 PM
Bison looked awesome. Game was not as close as the score. Two TDs called back on penalties and a fumble deep in the USD territory. Probably the best overall performance of the year by the Bison.

TennBison
November 20th, 2021, 07:07 PM
So do we have the #2 seed after a Montana ST loss???
Nope, should be #1, many folks were calling for MT St to be #1 if they won. But this NDSU win and the resume is way more impressive than JMU and SHSU. The NDSU loss to SDSU was comical considering the fact that NDSU shot themselves in the foot about 10 times that game and still only lost by 8. Start watching what side of the bracket that is loaded with MVFC teams, then you can most likely tell what spot NDSU is going to be in.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2021, 07:32 PM
Hats off to the OL for the Bison. A lot of hype on the USD run defense but the Bison OL mauled them the whole game. USD had only given up 6 rushing TDs for the season.....the Bison had 6 today.

Bison are peaking at the right time. This game wasn't even close. Bison domination.

Bison be at least a #2 seed and probably deserve the #1. We'll see.

With regionalization, I can almost guarantee some Valley team is going to be funneled thru Fargo for a 2nd round game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 06:36 AM
One thing that I want to add about this total beatdown. Hats off to Bison WR - Christian Watson. Seems like every time he had the ball USD players were baiting him with trash talking in his face to get him to respond, late hits and even trying to throw him down.....kudos to him for just walking away.

Oh ya, one more: USD was really proud of their run defense. I didn't see it yesterday.

I hope the committee funnels USD thru Fargo again so the Bison can beat them down again.

xnodx

POD Knows
November 21st, 2021, 08:48 AM
One thing that I want to add about this total beatdown. Hats off to Bison WR - Christian Watson. Seems like every time he had the ball USD players were baiting him with trash talking in his face to get him to respond, late hits and even trying to throw him down.....kudos to him for just walking away.

Oh ya, one more: USD was really proud of their run defense. I didn't see it yesterday.

I hope the committee funnels USD thru Fargo again so the Bison can beat them down again.

xnodxSo do I. Their D looked like crap. I rewatched the game, that PF that called back the Patterson run TD was weak as hell and the hold on the other TD that was called back must have been a longs ways away from the play as the play was on the Bison side of the field and the flag came from across the field. TV didn’t show a replay. But yea, the best game the Bison Oline played all year. They are a good D but looked bad on Saturday. We will get either SDSU or USD. Gimme USD all day long.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 08:57 AM
So do I. Their D looked like crap. I rewatched the game, that PF that called back the Patterson run TD was weak as hell and the hold on the other TD that was called back must have been a longs ways away from the play as the play was on the Bison side of the field and the flag came from across the field. TV didn’t show a replay. But yea, the best game the Bison Oline played all year. They are a good D but looked bad on Saturday. We will get either SDSU or USD. Gimme USD all day long.

Their defense is better than it has been but our OL is starting to play as a unit now and completely bulldozed USD's defense. If they continue this level of play (OL), the Bison are winning the title w/o much trouble because the defense is almost lights out now.....garbage TDs on the 2s and 3s do not count for me.

POD Knows
November 21st, 2021, 09:16 AM
Their defense is better than it has been but our OL is starting to play as a unit now and completely bulldozed USD's defense. If they continue this level of play (OL), the Bison are winning the title w/o much trouble because the defense is almost lights out now.....garbage TDs on the 2s and 3s do not count for me.
The one TD was a fluke. Should have been picked and if he doesn’t deflect it the throw is behind the receiver. And that punt return was the first one the Bison had given up in like 15 years or something. Fluke TDs. And the final TD by USD have three Bison penalties on the D.

Miller looked great yesterday. Hope he can keep it up. Our WR played great as well.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2021, 09:41 AM
South Dakota D went from scrappy to the scrap heap real quick

Bison vs Sammy in finals

Big Sky is kind of a subliminal joke

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 10:00 AM
South Dakota D went from scrappy to the scrap heap real quick

Bison vs Sammy in finals

Big Sky is kind of a subliminal joke

Depending on how the bracket shakes out, Sammy will have some trouble with good defensive teams like NDSU/SDSU/Montana State and even Missouri State. If SDSU ends up on their side, I bet the Jacks beat them. I haven't watched JMU enough but their defensive stats look pretty darn good but they will be on NDSU's side more than likely.

Chalupa Batman
November 21st, 2021, 10:08 AM
Depending on how the bracket shakes out, Sammy will have some trouble with good defensive teams like NDSU/SDSU/Montana State and even Missouri State. If SDSU ends up on their side, I bet the Jacks beat them. I haven't watched JMU enough but their defensive stats look pretty darn good but they will be on NDSU's side more than likely.

This field is more open than it's been in quite some time. The true title contenders are still limited to about 4 teams or so, but there are at least a dozen teams that are capable of going anywhere and winning a game, maybe even two.

Mfergy4
November 21st, 2021, 02:19 PM

xnodx

Agree, Watson played very classy against some very obvious chippy play by USD.

Bisonoline
November 21st, 2021, 02:57 PM
Agree, Watson played very classy against some very obvious chippy play by USD.

You would have thought we were playing against SDSU or UNI.