PDA

View Full Version : Cat/Griz 2021

bob12
November 16th, 2021, 10:48 PM
Long time visitor of this forum, but first time posting. I really am just curious what the rest of the FCS fanbases think of what we, in Montana, think is the greatest rivalry in all of football? Also, please feel free to share your favorite rivalries and chime in during the game this weekend. Go Cats!

mvemjsunpx
November 16th, 2021, 11:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-YtP3s47KA

bob12
November 16th, 2021, 11:48 PM
Haha, that day marked the day I chose my side. As a young teen in Montana that was undecided at the time, that middle finger cowboy just stole my heart.

uofmman1122
November 16th, 2021, 11:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-YtP3s47KA
Always love watching this, but now they have 2018 to throw back at us. xlolx (xbawlingx)

bob12
November 17th, 2021, 12:08 AM
Always love watching this, but now they have 2018 to throw back at us. xlolx (xbawlingx)

Yeah, I didn't want to start a pissing match via videos, but 2018 was great! I have experienced some of the best times as a Cat fan, I have also been a witness to some big beat downs. I am just excited to spend the day sharing jabs and good times with fans of both teams.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2021, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I didn't want to start a pissing match via videos, but 2018 was great! I have experienced some of the best times as a Cat fan, I have also been a witness to some big beat downs. I am just excited to spend the day sharing jabs and good times with fans of both teams.

It is unfortunate but about 10 yrs. ago this place had some really great friendly style of game threads but lately it has died down quite a bit. Still good friendly jabs etc. but it is just not what it used to be with some of the old guard going away around AGS. Glad to have you here, hope you and others are a rebirth of what once was around here.

Even at a lower level it is still some of the most god damn fun you can have.

So, what is it that made you think it was 2022? The meth?:)

bob12
November 17th, 2021, 12:47 AM
Haha, no no, no meth. Probably my fat fingers on a new keyboard or just the excitement of starting a new topic thread for the first time. xoopsxIs there any way to edit the Title?

bob12
November 17th, 2021, 12:53 AM
It is unfortunate but about 10 yrs. ago this place had some really great friendly style of game threads but lately it has died down quite a bit. Still good friendly jabs etc. but it is just not what it used to be with some of the old guard going away around AGS. Glad to have you here, hope you and others are a rebirth of what once was around here.

I have been reading this forum for probably the last 8 or 9 years actually. I went to join a few years back and I think the membership was locked at the time or something, either way I wasn't able to join then and I just didn't try again until tonight. Some of my best friends are Griz fans actually. The banter is always good with them, I hope this can be too.

uofmman1122
November 17th, 2021, 01:39 AM

I do miss the old cat/griz avatar bets we used to do every year. That was always a fun time.

dewey
November 17th, 2021, 07:00 AM
The Brawl of the Wild is one of the best rivalries in college football.

Going to one of these games in Bozeman and Missoula is certainly on my bucket list.

The Grizzlies are my 2nd favorite team (NDSU 1st) thanks to some family that are Grizzly fans.

I am also cheering for the Grizzlies because I selfishly want NDSU to get a top 2 seed for the playoffs.

Though the thought of NDSU being a 3 seed and going to Bozeman for a national semifinal would be pretty awesome.

Go Griz!

Dewey

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2021, 09:10 AM
No argument from me

The state of Montana supports FCS football like no other, seeing the packed stadiums with fans having a great time is what it’s all about

100%GRIZ
November 17th, 2021, 10:29 AM

Old guy here! Who you calling old? xdrunkyx

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2021, 11:06 AM
I can't seem to find a video of the 2002 win led by true freshman, and future MSU legend, Travis Lulay, but it's one I'll always remember. I was a redshirt senior, not athletically but academically due to ridiculously excessive partying freshman year. I had a good feeling about that game, so I convinced some friends to cruise up there last minute. We naively thought we'd "figure it out when we get there" on the ticket front. We did not xlolx, so we were stuck watching from outside the stadium huddled up next to a building (Adams Center perhaps? Not familiar with the layout of campus back then). We were having a puff of the wacky tobacky when the bartender of... the Sky Club?? came out for a cigarette. After partaking in some of our Devil's Lettuce, he invited us up to the club, to which we informed him we were not even Griz fans, let alone VIPs. He cared not and brought us up out of the cold to watch on their TVs. Needless to say, there were a lot of older (to a 22 year old) Griz fans wondering how in the AF these Bobcat fans were in their club suite as we cheered one defensive stand after another in the 4th. As the team took over on downs for the last time, we made our way into the stadium to rush the field. After watching the first fan get absolutely LIT UP by security/police (dude could have played LB!), we decided that may not be the best course of action. Watching The Streak end from the seats would have been great, but somehow sneaking up, confusing the hell out of Griz fans, and watching the comfort of their own club was a pretty sweet memory.

2018 was obviously one that will forever live in Bobcat fans' minds after the epic stop. 2019 is significant due to finally giving a drubbing for the first time since 1985. Having moved to Montana as a HS junior in Nov. 1996, I didn't really know about the Brawl. In my frame of reference, the Griz domination is not nearly as bad as the entire history, with the Griz having a 12-9 edge (with one vacated) since I started school at MSU in 1998. As much as I want to beat the 16 year streak owned by the Griz (and boy do I!), I think it's better for the rivalry for it to have a lot of back and forth. The animosity grows with each consecutive loss, IMO.

Here's to a good game with no injuries. That said... ESG GCG!!

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2021, 11:08 AM

I think the departure of Alpha Griz greatly contributed to the decline in back-and-forth smack between fanbases. xtroublex

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2021, 12:10 PM
I have been reading this forum for probably the last 8 or 9 years actually. I went to join a few years back and I think the membership was locked at the time or something, either way I wasn't able to join then and I just didn't try again until tonight. Some of my best friends are Griz fans actually. The banter is always good with them, I hope this can be too.

Oh yes, I got pissed about spammers and just said screw it for a long time. Sorry about that in retrospect as I hate cutting any legit peops out of here for anything. It will be fun I think as I generally make sure we are all somewhat decent to each other.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2021, 12:23 PM
I think the departure of Alpha Griz greatly contributed to the decline in back-and-forth smack between fanbases. xtroublex

Sure, but there were a lot of Giz and Cat fans that are also gone or moved on that were good verbal jousters too. AZGriz, FTG, etc.

Roamingriz
November 17th, 2021, 12:37 PM
I can't seem to find a video of the 2002 win led by true freshman, and future MSU legend, Travis Lulay, but it's one I'll always remember. I was a redshirt senior, not athletically but academically due to ridiculously excessive partying freshman year. I had a good feeling about that game, so I convinced some friends to cruise up there last minute. We naively thought we'd "figure it out when we get there" on the ticket front. We did not xlolx, so we were stuck watching from outside the stadium huddled up next to a building (Adams Center perhaps? Not familiar with the layout of campus back then). We were having a puff of the wacky tobacky when the bartender of... the Sky Club?? came out for a cigarette. After partaking in some of our Devil's Lettuce, he invited us up to the club, to which we informed him we were not even Griz fans, let alone VIPs. He cared not and brought us up out of the cold to watch on their TVs. Needless to say, there were a lot of older (to a 22 year old) Griz fans wondering how in the AF these Bobcat fans were in their club suite as we cheered one defensive stand after another in the 4th. As the team took over on downs for the last time, we made our way into the stadium to rush the field. After watching the first fan get absolutely LIT UP by security/police (dude could have played LB!), we decided that may not be the best course of action. Watching The Streak end from the seats would have been great, but somehow sneaking up, confusing the hell out of Griz fans, and watching the comfort of their own club was a pretty sweet memory.

2018 was obviously one that will forever live in Bobcat fans' minds after the epic stop. 2019 is significant due to finally giving a drubbing for the first time since 1985. Having moved to Montana as a HS junior in Nov. 2016, I didn't really know about the Brawl. In my frame of reference, the Griz domination is not nearly as bad as the entire history, with the Griz having a 12-9 edge (with one vacated) since I started school at MSU in 1998. As much as I want to beat the 16 year streak owned by the Griz (and boy do I!), I think it's better for the rivalry for it to have a lot of back and forth. The animosity grows with each consecutive loss, IMO.

Here's to a good game with no injuries. That said... ESG GCG!!

Some strange Cat math going on in your post friend...... Or a time traveling Cat fan.... High school in 2016 and MSU in '98? 😂. Good story though

Roamingriz
November 17th, 2021, 12:49 PM
Being a Cat fan can have many negative long term effects.....

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2021, 01:55 PM
Sure, but there were a lot of Giz and Cat fans that are also gone or moved on that were good verbal jousters too. AZGriz, FTG, etc.

****ing quitters.....

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Some strange Cat math going on in your post friend...... Or a time traveling Cat fan.... High school in 2016 and MSU in '98? . Good story though

Bahahaha! Took me 2 years into the new millennium to get used to writing 20xx instead of 19xx. Apparently now everything comes out as "20" even if it happened in the 1900's. Thanks for catching the error!

Grizalltheway
November 17th, 2021, 02:01 PM
Meh. The game was over. You (generally) don't get to call timeout after the ball is snapped.

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Meh. The game was over. You (generally) don't get to call timeout after the ball is snapped.

Nope, you sure don't. Good thing Choate called it prior to the snap. xthumbsupx

Mfergy4
November 17th, 2021, 04:35 PM
I would love to watch one of these. I have an Uncle in Fort Benton, MT, who raves about this rivalry. Have never figured out which side he is actually on as he waffles every year about which team he supports.

I was at NDSU as a student in the early 80"s. Yes, there are people out there this old and still with good memories given the times and indulgences. The NDSU/UND Rivalry for the Nickle Trophy was then one of the oldest and most heated rivalries. I know someone made a documentary about it for ESPN. Never got to see it though. Pulling for the Cats as Griz actually chase down and eat Bison. Best reason I could come up with, lame, yes.

POD Knows
November 17th, 2021, 04:37 PM
Picked the Cats but want the Griz to win.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Picked the Cats but want the Griz to win.
#BookThatThingPOD

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2021, 05:18 PM
#BookThatThingPOD

Don't even think about it, POD!

Ahhh **** it... I clearly suck at embedding an image....

POD Knows
November 17th, 2021, 05:35 PM
#BookThatThingPOD
My karma is gone. All I can say is I would like MSU on our side of the bracket and have to come to Fargo. They don’t seem to do well here. 😁

POD Knows
November 17th, 2021, 05:37 PM
Don't even think about it, POD!

Ahhh **** it... I clearly suck at embedding an image....
Burned a ton of voodoo on the SDSU/NDSU game and it didn’t work. One of these years I need to plan a trip out there for this game. It would be cool.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Burned a ton of voodoo on the SDSU/NDSU game and it didn’t work. One of these years I need to plan a trip out there for this game. It would be cool.
I bet you could get your mojo back if you put money on the Cats.... ;)

POD Knows
November 17th, 2021, 07:42 PM
I bet you could get your mojo back if you put money on the Cats.... ;)
Oh yea. It would be all over for them. I haven’t won a football bet in forever.

Bobcat99
November 17th, 2021, 10:32 PM
I don’t see the Griz offense doing well against MSU’s defense.

Unfortunately, I don’t see the MSU offense doing great either. But, better than UM’s.

20-6, Cats win.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2021, 11:54 AM
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1461121984897581062

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2021, 12:13 PM
5dimes favors the Griz by 2.5 which is basically the typical homefield advantage with an O/U of 30.5 (predicting a very low scoring game): https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

Chalupa Batman
November 18th, 2021, 12:31 PM
5dimes favors the Griz by 2.5 which is basically the typical homefield advantage with an O/U of 30.5 (predicting a very low scoring game): https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

That’s as low a point total as I’ve ever seen. Thought it was a typo at first.

Mfergy4
November 18th, 2021, 01:48 PM

Thanks Ursus! I will dash home from the NDSU/USD game and watch!

Mfergy4
November 18th, 2021, 01:49 PM

Do not feel bad POD, everyone burned a ton of Voodoo, four leaf clovers, and rabbits feet on that game.

Catbooster
November 18th, 2021, 04:06 PM

Or watch it with some Montana/Montana State fans at one of the watch parties (assuming there's one near you):

https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx?sid=1584&gid=1&pgid=401 (https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx?sid=1584&gid=1&pgid=401)

Catbooster
November 18th, 2021, 04:28 PM

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtZcqNHlYFc

I was at that game in '97. Painful. Both were heartbreaking losses for their respective fan bases, but IMO '97 was worse. We were 11(?) years into the streak and wanted it ended so badly. xbowx

If anyone wants to watch the video above, I suggest just watching the 2nd half. It took us the first half to spot them 22 points. xcoffeex

This weekend should be a good game. I hope both teams are healthy going in and coming out of it.

I think the Cats will win, but you never know what will happen in Cat/Griz. xthumbsupx

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2021, 05:05 PM

That's good news! MT Sports Bet opened with the Bobcats being 3.5 pt favorites. I hope more money keeps coming in on the Griz, so I can get even better odds!

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2021, 05:11 PM
Thanks Ursus! I will dash home from the NDSU/USD game and watch!

I would just take your time getting home. The Brawl starts an hour and a half before the NDSU/USD game, so it's unlikely the game will still be going (not live at least). Buuuuuuuut.... if it IS still going, that will be a Brawl for the ages, going into the 27th OT, with 4th stringers and IR guys in walking casts and street clothes playing by then!

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2021, 06:31 PM
You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtZcqNHlYFc

I was at that game in '97. Painful. Both were heartbreaking losses for their respective fan bases, but IMO '97 was worse. We were 11(?) years into the streak and wanted it ended so badly. xbowx

If anyone wants to watch the video above, I suggest just watching the 2nd half. It took us the first half to spot them 22 points. xcoffeex

This weekend should be a good game. I hope both teams are healthy going in and coming out of it.

I think the Cats will win, but you never know what will happen in Cat/Griz. xthumbsupx
Yeah, I feel you. I was too young to remember the '97 game, since we didn't go.

We were honestly a garbage team in 2018, though, and played way above our heads in the first half.

I'd like our chances on Saturday a lot more if we weren't so banged up. I'm worried that Cam isn't gonna be able to move well because of his ankle, which is exactly what doomed Dalton Sneed in the game in 2019. If our offense can't move the ball, I'm afraid it's just gonna be a repeat of the last game.

I think we can win this game, but I don't think we will.

TennBison
November 18th, 2021, 07:02 PM
Do not feel bad POD, everyone burned a ton of Voodoo, four leaf clovers, and rabbits feet on that game.
I ran out of my lucky Raspberry Sherbet right after NDSU scored its first TD, that is why we lost, I take all the blame.xbangxxbangx

TennBison
November 18th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Just curious, what is the all time record between these two?

Catbooster
November 18th, 2021, 07:31 PM
Just curious, what is the all time record between these two?
All time it's 72-41-5

I'm not sure whether there were divisions or whatever in 1897 when it started, but until we both ended up in the Big Sky, they were effectively in a higher division than us. They were in conferences with Colorado, BYU, Stanford, Washington, Wyoming, UCLA while we were NAIA then D2.

Since we've both been in the Big Sky, Montana is ahead 30-26-0 including The Streak (16 years) that ended in 2002. It's dead even at 9-9 since the streak.

Catbooster
November 18th, 2021, 08:46 PM
I do miss the old cat/griz avatar bets we used to do every year. That was always a fun time.
I've missed them too - especially the last four years xsmiley_wix I think that was on CS, not here, but I'd be willing to do it here.

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2021, 11:26 PM
I've missed them too - especially the last four years xsmiley_wix I think that was on CS, not here, but I'd be willing to do it here.
I'm in! It's always a treat.

Catbooster
November 19th, 2021, 12:20 AM
OK. Avatar bet. What was it - have to use the avatar given through the end of the championship?

Maybe we can get a few more takers.

Chalupa Batman
November 19th, 2021, 07:42 AM

Just skimmed through last weeks Montana/NAU game on Youtube, this O/U seems about right though I'd probably still take the over if I was betting on it. Both teams are going to have a very difficult time scoring.

100%GRIZ
November 19th, 2021, 09:30 AM
Agree with no injuries on either side!

100%GRIZ
November 19th, 2021, 09:32 AM
I don’t see the Griz offense doing well against MSU’s defense.

Unfortunately, I don’t see the MSU offense doing great either. But, better than UM’s.

20-6, Cats win.
I would take that bet but never win bets so with me not taking that bet gives me mojo. Griz Win 3 - 2!

Mfergy4
November 19th, 2021, 10:25 AM
I ran out of my lucky Raspberry Sherbet right after NDSU scored its first TD, that is why we lost, I take all the blame.xbangxxbangx

xoopsxSo you are to blame....xlolxxlolxxlolx

JALMOND
November 19th, 2021, 01:18 PM
Many memories growing up in Montana of Cat/Griz, even if I never had a dog in the chase. They were always fun to watch, and even better if you were able to attend the game either in Missoula or Bozeman. My grandma graduated from UM in 1930 and always called the game "The Butte Game" as back then, the game was held in Butte (she always said it was held there because the visiting school would "trash" the home school's campus if it was ever held on campus xnodx).

I recall being out here and a Portland sports station interviewed Scott Gragg while he was with the 49ers. They asked him about the Civil War game (Ducks and Beavers at the time) and he said they were always fun growing up as a kid, but that they "don't come close to Griz Cat". Having seen both, I tend to agree with that assessment.

Catbooster
November 19th, 2021, 03:17 PM
I didn't realize Dennis' son is coaching at UM.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/well-known-former-bobcat-dennis-erickson-in-unique-situation-with-son-who-coaches-for-griz/article_fdf26bc9-6ef1-5459-8380-44fbf2e7a1ed.html

mvemjsunpx
November 19th, 2021, 05:45 PM
I recall being out here and a Portland sports station interviewed Scott Gragg while he was with the 49ers. They asked him about the Civil War game (Ducks and Beavers at the time) and he said they were always fun growing up as a kid, but that they "don't come close to Griz Cat". Having seen both, I tend to agree with that assessment.

To be fair, Gragg was growing up during the period Oregon State was a perennial doormat.

bob12
November 20th, 2021, 12:16 AM
Well we are a little less than 13 hrs away from kickoff and I for one can't wait. I hope everyone watching where they are or attending, have a safe and awesome weekend regardless of outcome! Go Cats!

Grizalltheway
November 20th, 2021, 12:17 PM
To be fair, Gragg was growing up during the period Oregon State was a perennial doormat.

He also played when the cats were one.xcoffeex

HensRock
November 20th, 2021, 01:34 PM
Sucks the ESPN Gameday is not at the Brawl of the Wild.
Instead, they are broadcasting from a game that is 49-0 at the half!

Good choice, ESPN !

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:24 PM
Sucks the ESPN Gameday is not at the Brawl of the Wild.
Instead, they are broadcasting from a game that is 49-0 at the half!

Good choice, ESPN !
Money, Money, Money!!!

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 02:35 PM
What's the score???

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 20th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Damn, the Bobcats look awful...

I could have sworn there numerous 'Griz fans saying their season was over at the Sac State loss.....

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:04 PM
Damn, the Bobcats look awful...

I could have sworn there numerous 'Griz fans saying their season was over at the Sac State loss.....

Score please?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 20th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Score please?

Griz 19-3 7:54 3Q

Bobcats have zero offense. Less than 50 yards passing iirc...

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Griz 19-3 7:54 3Q

Bobcats have zero offense. Less than 50 yards passing iirc...
WOW! Never thought that would be the case. The kitties have no claws or teeth today.

nevadagriz
November 20th, 2021, 03:39 PM
26-3 Griz

bonarae
November 20th, 2021, 04:14 PM
final score: 29-10 Griz

Grizalltheway
November 20th, 2021, 04:14 PM
Order has been restored in the universe.

Mfergy4
November 20th, 2021, 04:25 PM
Congrats to the Griz on the win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 20th, 2021, 04:30 PM
That was a thorough butt kicking by the Griz...

Whatever happened after the Sac State loss completely changed the Griz's fortunes. It certainly lit a fire under their ass....

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2021, 05:04 PM
That was a thorough butt kicking by the Griz...

Whatever happened after the Sac State loss completely changed the Griz's fortunes. It certainly lit a fire under their ass....

It was a motivation to get healthier? I mean I'm sure it was motivating but we still have the same problems we had in that series of gaems after the EWU game...we just have the issues with a bit healthier team now.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Cats had a tough day. They are a damn good team and I would not expect to see them having a struggle like this again until late in the playoffs.

They have some real talent on defense as I think we've all seen over the course of this year. Really glad to get that win today against a solid opponent.

Roamingriz
November 20th, 2021, 05:11 PM
The griz d looked great but it wasn't a steamrolling by any stretch by the offense. The o had it's problems and a lot of credit to the cats. It was tough rowing today and I think any team should have a tough time rolling against either of these teams.

Roamingriz
November 20th, 2021, 05:13 PM
It was a good game plan stopping Ifanse and Mellott when he was thrown in and challenged the cat o to look elsewhere and it didn't work.

Catbooster
November 20th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Congrats Griz - you were clearly the better team today.

uofmman1122
November 20th, 2021, 05:59 PM
I was not expecting this.

That said,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

putter
November 20th, 2021, 06:02 PM
The griz d looked great but it wasn't a steamrolling by any stretch by the offense. The o had it's problems and a lot of credit to the cats. It was tough rowing today and I think any team should have a tough time rolling against either of these teams.

I agree. Cats have athletes on D for sure and are a good defense. Montana O continues to struggle and Bad Cam showed up a few times today. Can't happen in the playoffs and need to turn FG's to TD's

wapiti
November 20th, 2021, 06:21 PM
Good game planning by the griz.

The cat's had an off day, but credit goes to the griz and the cat's did not adjust very well.

uofmman1122
November 20th, 2021, 06:36 PM
McKay might be the worst QB I've watched all season.

It was clear the cats weren't ready for UM's defense.

Gonna enjoy this one a whole lot! Great day to be a Griz. xthumbsupx

MSUBobcat
November 20th, 2021, 06:50 PM

Agreed on McKay. MSU is a paper tiger. They should not be in a playoff, but with 24 teams, I guess someone has to fill the spots.

Catbooster
November 20th, 2021, 06:58 PM
I agree. Cats have athletes on D for sure and are a good defense. Montana O continues to struggle and Bad Cam showed up a few times today. Can't happen in the playoffs and need to turn FG's to TD's
Your O might have struggled against a good D today, but we didn't appear to have an Offense. Griz D did a great job today.

Catbooster
November 20th, 2021, 06:59 PM

I think you have to find me an avatar. xsmhx

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 07:05 PM
Agreed on McKay. MSU is a paper tiger. They should not be in a playoff, but with 24 teams, I guess someone has to fill the spots.

Holy overreaction!

Roamingriz
November 20th, 2021, 07:10 PM
Gotta say for the cats d, the play where it was eternally read and troy blasted up the middle for the sack had me feeling impressed about our Montana kids. One of the best sacks of the year. Even if it was against my bear team.

putter
November 20th, 2021, 07:10 PM
If you just looked at the offensive statistics you would have thought the Cats won 17-14

uofmman1122
November 20th, 2021, 07:11 PM
I'll find something, don't worry. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2021, 07:13 PM
Gotta say for the cats d, the play where it was eternally read and troy blasted up the middle for the sack had me feeling impressed about our Montana kids. One of the best sacks of the year. Even if it was against my bear team.

I had mentioned that during the game too that there was a ton of Montana talent out there on those D's. Montana born kids battling for the Buck...3 of them...all the other guys out there too is pretty unreal to see.

Grizalltheway
November 20th, 2021, 07:25 PM
Holy overreaction!

I mean...I don't think he's totally wrong. That being said, I still don't see this Griz team going further than the QF, maybe SF if things break the right way.

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 07:27 PM
I mean...I don't think he's totally wrong. That being said, O still don't see this Griz team going further than the QF, maybe SF if things break the right way.

Bobcats are still really good. Sure maybe the ceiling is only QF but to say they aren’t playoff caliber is a gross overreaction.

fencer24
November 20th, 2021, 07:43 PM
I watched the Cat Idaho game, and saw the Cat Offensive line doing things that I didn't see today. There was almost no pulling, and it seemed as if they were just reacting to pressure rather than creating situations.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2021, 08:07 PM
Bobcats are still really good. Sure maybe the ceiling is only QF but to say they aren’t playoff caliber is a gross overreaction.

I think he was kidding a little and I totally agree with you. BTW, their QB is not great but he is much better than what he showed today...not great, I repeat but if the team they face does not have great corners then he will get his fair share in on the other team.

You never know, I thought they were gonna put TA in at one point and that guy might pull em' back from the brink in any game. xlolx

Chalupa Batman
November 20th, 2021, 08:51 PM
I think he was kidding a little and I totally agree with you. BTW, their QB is not great but he is much better than what he showed today...not great, I repeat but if the team they face does not have great corners then he will get his fair share in on the other team.

You never know, I thought they were gonna put TA in at one point and that guy might pull em' back from the brink in any game. xlolx

We all need to be talked off the ledge after a bad loss. xnodx

McKay is the first Griz opponent in over 2 months to throw a pass that didn't end up in Justin Ford's arms so he can't be that bad! xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2021, 09:23 PM
We all need to be talked off the ledge after a bad loss. xnodx

McKay is the first Griz opponent in over 2 months to throw a pass that didn't end up in Justin Ford's arms so he can't be that bad! xlolx

No doubt. All of it.:D

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2021, 01:12 AM
Here you go! :D

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2021, 01:56 AM
Playing the Bobcats, as always, means the most to the Grizzly faithful.

26,856 in attendance. Largest crowd in history. Beat the record set in 2018...you guessed it Bobcats were the opponent.