PDA

View Full Version : Coach Fobbs out at Grambling effective immediately

ASU33
November 15th, 2021, 06:40 PM
Broderick Fobbs was fired today after 8 seasons at Grambling. Coach Fobbs had a 54-32 overall record at Grambling with 2 conference titles, 2 Celebration Bowl appearances, and 1 HBCU National Title.

dgtw
November 15th, 2021, 07:00 PM
What happened? Looks like a pretty good record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASU33
November 15th, 2021, 07:04 PM
After the 2017 season Grambling has gone 10-15 in conference and 15-21 overall with zero wins vs Southern or Prairie View. Grambling hasn't finished better than 3rd in the division since 2017.

Go Green
November 16th, 2021, 04:47 AM
So it appears to be a case of "what have you done for me lately?"

ASU33
November 16th, 2021, 11:07 AM

Bingo!

McCowboys
November 16th, 2021, 11:09 AM
Bingo!

Was it last year, maybe even this past spring, that Fobbs fired his OC and maybe another coach and there was a big mess and infighting about all of this. I don't understand why he couldn't finish the season, and so it must be bad.

kdinva
November 16th, 2021, 11:09 AM

same deal just went down in Blacksburg....

Libertine
November 16th, 2021, 01:29 PM
same deal just went down in Blacksburg....

The difference there being that Fuente never really did anything lately or formerly.

Anthony215
November 16th, 2021, 01:35 PM
I'm surprised Grambling did it prior to the Bayou Classic Game against Southern. Maybe it was to avoid a mass exodus via the transfer portal after that game. Interim coach cleans up his mess this last 2 weeks and convinces kids to stick around for another year.?

As for the V-Tech situation, I believe they had to make the decision or risk being depleted via the portal next month. They have talent but he hasn't developed those good classes he brought in. I wonder if Blackshear leaves again for greener pastures?

Professor
November 16th, 2021, 02:58 PM
The Coach Prime effect in the SWAC is real. ( Coach Prime effect means changing a team in a short amount of time. Apparently people think it's easy) That's 3 coaches so far

1. Bama State
2. SU
3. Grambling

WestCoastAggie
November 16th, 2021, 04:58 PM
The Coach Prime effect in the SWAC is real. ( Coach Prime effect means changing a team in a short amount of time. Apparently people think it's easy) That's 3 coaches so far

1. Bama State
2. SU
3. Grambling

One of them will definitely be looking towards Greensboro, NC.

ASU33
November 16th, 2021, 10:02 PM

1. Bama State
2. SU
3. Grambling

The job openings have nothing to do with Deion. With Alabama State you had a coach who's contract expires in December and he wasn't being renewed. Southern has an interim Coach who's not being renewed for good reason, and Grambling had a coach who was already on the hot seat and was headed for another terrible season.

Professor
November 17th, 2021, 09:50 PM
The job openings have nothing to do with Deion. With Alabama State you had a coach who's contract expires in December and he wasn't being renewed. Southern has an interim Coach who's not being renewed for good reason, and Grambling had a coach who was already on the hot seat and was headed for another terrible season.

And at the same time , you have a coach take a program which was one of the worst in FCS and make it a top 15 program in less than a calendar year. And you think other schools aren't bothered by that , ok

Panther88
November 17th, 2021, 09:54 PM

1. Bama State
2. SU
3. Grambling
4. PVAMU

FYP. Don't forget PV's HC is in the final few months of his 4 year contract.

Bisonoline
November 17th, 2021, 11:04 PM
And at the same time , you have a coach take a program which was one of the worst in FCS and make it a top 15 program in less than a calendar year. And you think other schools aren't bothered by that , ok

Cause and effect????? Stretch.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2021, 03:30 AM
Let all of em enter the portal, how many will actually ever make it out..

WestCoastAggie
November 18th, 2021, 07:54 AM

Dooley will be coaching in the SWAC in 2022 and he will be getting a raise. The question is where that new contract is going to come from?

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2021, 09:02 AM

Tell me there’s a lot of genius unemployed coaches right now, but I guess you gotta keep the coaching caravan moving

Professor
November 18th, 2021, 11:31 PM
Cause and effect????? Stretch.

I hear ya