PDA

View Full Version : What if Michgan Played in Boone?

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 11:18 AM
IMO, App St wins the rematch xthumbsupx

HaveFunKc
September 3rd, 2007, 12:23 PM
There's an interesting thought that is being discussed on others boards as well... Michigan alumni are not going to like the fact that they have on the record books a team that they have a losing record against (and at the Big House to boot) - even if it is 0-1. Eventually that may build pressure to reschedule App to 'correct the mistake' from their perspective. That could be parlayed by the folks in Boone into a trip from the Wolverines to Kidd Brewer (if you want something bad enough - you'll pay for it). Bootom line: who has the bigger perception problem: Michigan or Appalachian?

Obviously won't happen anytime soon, but... It is an interesting thought. And I agree - it would be another great game with the outcome "not what was expected by the experts". xthumbsupx

CID1990
September 3rd, 2007, 12:28 PM
That will never happen. They would rather call the whole thing a fluke and be done with it. If the Gamecocks refused to have a rematch with us for 15 years (and that game was very very embarrassing to USC), then I don't see Michigan scheduling ASU ever again, unless the Mountaineers are one day in FBS.

BlueHen86
September 3rd, 2007, 12:46 PM
I don't think there is anyway that Mich. would travel to Boone. They may invite App. St back to Ann Arbor, but I doubt that as well.
Imagine the build up to a rematch, all week every sports outlet would talk about the first game there would be endless replays of the blocked FG. Michigan fans would have to relive this loss over and over.

GGASU
September 3rd, 2007, 01:57 PM
ASU has an open date next year.....Let's play again in Charlotte!

75,000 tickets at $60 each.

The money made from that game, could kick start the seat expansion at Kidd Brewer.

xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
September 3rd, 2007, 02:00 PM

The money made from that game, could kick start the seat expansion at Kidd Brewer.

xthumbsupx That's a fairly vacant student section. lol

blueballs
September 3rd, 2007, 02:52 PM
Those Michigan folks would be in horror at having to use port-a-potties and having to walk all the way around the stadium to get a drink, and then not being served because they had on the wrong school's regalia.

I'm sure they would enjoy having their cars vandalized and their stuff stolen, while being verbally abused in obscene ways while walking to the stadium.

Heaven help 'em if they had the goalposts rammed through their bus and their postgame meals destroyed.

APP91
September 3rd, 2007, 11:03 PM
Those Michigan folks would be in horror at having to use port-a-potties and having to walk all the way around the stadium to get a drink, and then not being served because they had on the wrong school's regalia.

I'm sure they would enjoy having their cars vandalized and their stuff stolen, while being verbally abused in obscene ways while walking to the stadium.

Heaven help 'em if they had the goalposts rammed through their bus and their postgame meals destroyed.

Wow, I did not know Michigan had signed the contract to play in Gnatsboro!?xeekx

chattanoogamocs
September 3rd, 2007, 11:35 PM

xthumbsupx

ASU could offer them a check for $400K to come play a rematch in Charlotte. :p

GreatAppSt
September 4th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Those Michigan folks would be in horror at having to use port-a-potties and having to walk all the way around the stadium to get a drink

Porta potties were all over UM stadium and concessions were done country fair style under fold up tents.xnodx

ButlerGSU
September 4th, 2007, 06:22 AM
That will never happen. They would rather call the whole thing a fluke and be done with it. If the Gamecocks refused to have a rematch with us for 15 years (and that game was very very embarrassing to USC), then I don't see Michigan scheduling ASU ever again, unless the Mountaineers are one day in FBS.

I agree, FSU and Oregon State never called us back and we only 'Almost' won those games...

asu70
September 4th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Not to get in a pi$$ing contest here, but sounds like some of the problems that I've had at your house everytime I've been there, and I've only missed two games at your place during the modern era.

blueballs
September 4th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Not to get in a pi$$ing contest here, but sounds like some of the problems that I've had at your house everytime I've been there, and I've only missed two games at your place during the modern era.

No problem... while everything I wrote is true (although I understand they are fixing some of the things at the stadium) we must remember that while you did do all of us a great favor Saturday you are still APP ST and we are still GSU so we have to slap y'all around a bit and vice versa- the rivalry endures.:D

trusty
September 4th, 2007, 11:29 AM
There's an interesting thought that is being discussed on others boards as well... Michigan alumni are not going to like the fact that they have on the record books a team that they have a losing record against (and at the Big House to boot) - even if it is 0-1. Eventually that may build pressure to reschedule App to 'correct the mistake' from their perspective. That could be parlayed by the folks in Boone into a trip from the Wolverines to Kidd Brewer (if you want something bad enough - you'll pay for it). Bootom line: who has the bigger perception problem: Michigan or Appalachian?

Obviously won't happen anytime soon, but... It is an interesting thought. And I agree - it would be another great game with the outcome "not what was expected by the experts". xthumbsupx

That might happen but it will be during your next down season. Maybe after Edwards moves on.

GeeWiz
September 4th, 2007, 12:33 PM

xthumbsupx

To be serious, if Michigan ever did decide for a rematch Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte would be a scenario where they would play the game.

I'm sure Michigan would love the opportunity to beat down Appy. St. on their own turf so to speak.

They would NEVER play that kind of game in Boone.

SoCon48
September 4th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Is the NCAA still making GSU keep up those plywood barriers to protect the visting fans???xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

appfan2008
September 4th, 2007, 12:42 PM
never in boone but you never know... they may play in charlotte one day... that would be cool

walliver
September 4th, 2007, 01:29 PM
I don't think Michigan has any real incentive to play ASU anywhere except the Big House. Why travel to Charlotte to share the money from 75,000 tickets when you can stay home and keep almost all the money. The only way I can picture Michigan playing in Boone is if Michigan gets kicked out of FBS/I-A and gets selected for the FCS/I-AA playoffs (even then they could probably buy a home game).xnodx

I doubt they will schedule the Hillbillies anywhere unless Jerry Moore retires and is replaced by Brian van Gorder.:D

Mountaineer
September 4th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I doubt they will schedule the Hillbillies anywhere unless Jerry Moore retires and is replaced by Brian van Gorder.:D

All the other stuff in this thread can slide, but you sir, just crossed the line! xnonox xnonox xmadx

:p

blueballs
September 4th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Is the NCAA still making GSU keep up those plywood barriers to protect the visting fans???xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Those came down years ago...

blueballs
September 4th, 2007, 02:05 PM
All the other stuff in this thread can slide, but you sir, just crossed the line! xnonox xnonox xmadx

:pxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

jstate83
September 4th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Michigan/Big 10 won't EVER travel anywhere to play a FCS school.xnonox
They would be the laughing stock of BCS.

Don't care if Michigan want revenge next year in the Big House and Appy St. kick's their arse again.
If they play a 3rd time, it will be at Michigan again, and again, and again period.

Not even a consideration for a Michigan or any Big 10 school.
FCS school's are either gonna play on thier campus or play someone else.xnodx