PDA

View Full Version : So...SWAC (Jackson State) fans?

JohnStOnge
September 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
I remember we had a thread on Delta State at Jackson State.

The outcome was:

Delta State 27, Jackson State 15

Looked at the stats. Delta State rushed for 262 yards and Jackson State had -29 on the ground. Jackson State was held to 8 first downs and 122 total yards.

Yeah, I know, I'm ragging you a bit. I was reminded to check on this because of other discussions about D-IIs.

Anyway, like I said, an FCS fan who thinks there's a huge difference between D-II and FCS and who thinks playing a D-II means an automatic win might often be in for an upleasant surprise.

McTailGator
September 2nd, 2007, 10:41 PM

The outcome was:

Looked at the stats. Delta State rushed for 262 yards and Jackson State had -29 on the ground. Jackson State was held to 8 first downs and 122 total yards.

Yeah, I know, I'm ragging you a bit. I was reminded to check on this because of other discussions about D-IIs.

Anyway, like I said, an FCS fan who thinks there's a huge difference between D-II and FCS and who thinks playing a D-II means an automatic win might often be in for an upleasant surprise.

The SWAC is just BAD. Period.

Great individual athletes, but horrible coaching for the most part.

The best thing they could do for themselves is quit playing themselves.

SU Jag
September 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
The SWAC is just BAD. Period.

Great individual athletes, but horrible coaching for the most part.

The best thing they could do for themselves is quit playing themselves.

What about Alabama State, a team who is predicted to finish near the bottom of the league beating an OVC power by the name of Jacksonville State? Didnt a few of the Southland teams loose to D-2s?

JohnStOnge
September 2nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
What about Alabama State, a team who is predicted to finish near the bottom of the league beating an OVC power by the name of Jacksonville State? Didnt a few of the Southland teams loose to D-2s?

If I remember the scoreboards right the SWAC was 3-0 against other FCS leagues this past weekend...2-0 against the OVC and 1-0 against the MEAC (one you must've particularly enjoyed...by the way I called the Jaguar Journal and picked your boys to beat Florida A&M 34-31).

Losing to a D-II is not a big disagrace...as I've said in other threads. One Southland team...SFA...did lose to Tarleton State. All I know about Tarleton State right now is that it won its first game by 44-7 then beat SFA in overtime to go 2-0.

gram4life
September 2nd, 2007, 11:15 PM
I'm glad you notice unlike someone else. smh.

Za-KEE-uS
September 2nd, 2007, 11:15 PM

only SFA, they lost to Tarlenton, which is the team most people here want to move into the southland if UTSA moves up. I'm not sure how much of an power JSU is anymore, CSTV had them 49th in votes in their preseason poll.

SU Jag
September 2nd, 2007, 11:22 PM
only SFA, they lost to Tarlenton, which is the team most people here want to move into the southland if UTSA moves up. I'm not sure how much of an power JSU is anymore, CSTV had them 49th in votes in their preseason poll.

Delta State is a legit top 10 d2 football team. If my memory serves me correctly they went to the semis last year and they won the National Championship a few years back. JSU was ranked higher in the OVC than Bama State was in its own Division.

McNeese_beat
September 2nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
JSU's strongest teams were right after they left the Southland. I would argue their best teams might have been when they were in the Southland, but not winning (because they were in the Southland). The longer they've been in the OVC, the more they have sunk to the OVC level.

Za-KEE-uS
September 2nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
Delta State is a legit top 10 d2 football team. If my memory serves me correctly they went to the semis last year and they won the National Championship a few years back. JSU was ranked higher in the OVC than Bama State was in its own Division.
lol wow, the way people were talking about Delta State last week I thought they weren't any good. I guess that was the pre App State - Michigan Logic xthumbsupx

McTailGator
September 3rd, 2007, 05:41 AM

There is no such thing as an OVC Power.

SWAC is bad and your head coach and his rediculious salary are a big part of the problem.

Want to get better?

Honor the contract and come get an education in "The Hole".

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 3rd, 2007, 07:11 AM

Just SFA....

But is that really a surprise???

And what was Jacksonville State trippin' on???

NSUDemon98
September 3rd, 2007, 09:36 AM

OVC power and former SLC middle to bottom of the pack xlolx

JohnStOnge
September 3rd, 2007, 10:01 AM
OVC power and former SLC middle to bottom of the pack xlolx

That's true. JSU never seriously contended for the title in the Southland but immediately won at least two in a row when it moved to the OVC. The Southland isn't the strongest conference, but I do think it's had champions that could've competed for the title in any league (like Texas State as well as Nicholls State in 2005, Sam Houston in 2004, Northwestern State in 1998, McNeese in 2002, 1998, 1997, 1995 for sure).

MACHIAVELLI
September 3rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
Did SFA lose to Delta in 2006?

TexasTerror
September 3rd, 2007, 11:58 AM
Did SFA lose to Delta in 2006?

Yes, SFA lost 17-14 to Delta State...

SFA had an awful start to the season last year before closing with a strong finish...

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM

SWAC is bad and your head coach and his rediculious salary are a big part of the problem.

Want to get better?

Jealousy. We are not going to help your struggling athletic department. You can't afford a AD, damn shame. You need us, we don't need you. WE ARE ALREADY BETTER THAN YOU.

Retro
September 3rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Jealousy. We are not going to help your struggling athletic department. You can't afford a AD, damn shame. You need us, we don't need you. WE ARE ALREADY BETTER THAN YOU.

Would you just shut up already! Your post's are the dumbest, most baseless, idiotic, uneducated every time! xboringx

Mcneese and the rest of the PLAYOFF DIVISION doesn't need you, nor will we ever! We are all doing just fine, playing for a national championship every year, not some bull**** black national championship among 2 conferences.xlolx

Our athletic department is fine, We have an A.D. and will soon select a permanent one thanks to additional monies made available.. The only reason we didn't have a higher salary is because the university is still finishing up repairs from the hurricane we actually went through, unlike other places.... xrolleyesx

We have fans, you have more, big deal!.. We tried to schedule all in state schools to improve the fan interest, keep money in state and to appease those whiners in our area, who kept asking why we didn't play southern or grambling.. Grambling stepped up and you backed down..xbawlingx

So, go back in your hole, play all your sub-par HBCU schools for tradition and money sakes and we will continue to play for national championships and like Appalachian State, occasionally show what the real PLAYOFF DIVISION teams can do.xnonox

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 3rd, 2007, 03:04 PM
Would you just shut up already! Your post's are the dumbest, most baseless, idiotic, uneducated every time! xboringx

Mcneese and the rest of the PLAYOFF DIVISION doesn't need you, nor will we ever! We are all doing just fine, playing for a national championship every year, not some bull**** black national championship among 2 conferences.xlolx

Our athletic department is fine, We have an A.D. and will soon select a permanent one thanks to additional monies made available.. The only reason we didn't have a higher salary is because the university is still finishing up repairs from the hurricane we actually went through, unlike other places.... xrolleyesx

We have fans, you have more, big deal!.. We tried to schedule all in state schools to improve the fan interest, keep money in state and to appease those whiners in our area, who kept asking why we didn't play southern or grambling.. Grambling stepped up and you backed down..xbawlingx

So, go back in your hole, play all your sub-par HBCU schools for tradition and money sakes and we will continue to play for national championships and like Appalachian State, occasionally show what the real PLAYOFF DIVISION teams can do.xnonox

Whatever xlolx . Why do yall keep starting SWAC threads.

SU Jag
September 3rd, 2007, 03:28 PM

Stop doing chin-ups on App State's d**k! Yall didnt do isht! Every SWAC topic that comes up you find your way into it. You obviously care more than you think. I constantly give McNeese their props but its people like you that make people root against you. Give it a rest!xnonono2x

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Stop doing chin-ups on App State's d**k! Yall didnt do isht! Every SWAC topic that comes up you find your way into it. You obviously care more than you think. I constantly give McNeese their props but its people like you that make people root against you. Give it a rest!xnonono2x
They think im going to let them talk about my school or conference with me saying anything. ****** mc neice.

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 3rd, 2007, 03:39 PM

You AD was suppose to retire last year but had to come back because nobody applied for $75,000 job xlolx . The truth shall set you free xlolx .

R.A.
September 3rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
Even the SoCon lost to a DII team.

-But FAMU really blew it versus Southern... just when the MEAC beats the Big South's Coastal Carolina... FAMU goes and Ls versus the SWAC.

Now, we have to make sure FAMU finishes near the bottom of the MEAC... too bad for the Rattlers.

Mr. Tiger
September 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
If I remember the scoreboards right the SWAC was 3-0 against other FCS leagues this past weekend...2-0 against the OVC and 1-0 against the MEAC (one you must've particularly enjoyed...by the way I called the Jaguar Journal and picked your boys to beat Florida A&M 34-31).

Losing to a D-II is not a big disagrace...as I've said in other threads. One Southland team...SFA...did lose to Tarleton State. All I know about Tarleton State right now is that it won its first game by 44-7 then beat SFA in overtime to go 2-0.

And let us not forget Montana State beat Colorado last year and lost to a D2 school the next week. Or Northern Iowa's loss last year. Delta State has beaten I-AA teams before including SFA, who dropped another game to a D2 school. This past weekend was a good week for the conference. Alabama State, Southern, and Alabama A&M played very well.

McTailGator
September 3rd, 2007, 06:28 PM

Yea right,

That is why we are getting a new 10 Million dollar field house with club house and new training room. BEFORE SU dispite SU announcing their's 2 years before us.

And a new 1.5 million dollar baseball stadium,

New Million dollar womens athletic center.

Another Million toward stadium improvements.

And we didn't have to bend our fans over at the ticket counter like you dishonorable $%^& did.

What you need is to come play us now that we are back at 100% and get 50 or 60 hung on your sorry @$$es. SU couldn't beat the worse McNeese team in history at your house in 2004.

Don't talk crap with ANY SLC team because SU can not only NOT play with us, you too SCARED and Chicken $&)t to try.
xrulesx

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 3rd, 2007, 08:06 PM
Yea right,

That is why we are getting a new 10 Million dollar field house with club house and new training room. BEFORE SU dispite SU announcing their's 2 years before us.

And a new 1.5 million dollar baseball stadium,

New Million dollar womens athletic center.

Another Million toward stadium improvements.

And we didn't have to bend our fans over at the ticket counter like you dishonorable $%^& did.

What you need is to come play us now that we are back at 100% and get 50 or 60 hung on your sorry @$$es. SU couldn't beat the worse McNeese team in history at your house in 2004.

Don't talk crap with ANY SLC team because SU can not only NOT play with us, you too SCARED and Chicken $&)t to try.
xrulesx
ok scared. We are playing U of H next season, and have played Tulane in the past. Tree's have been removed form the area where the field house is being constructed, and construction will start in Oct xthumbsupx . SU's field house is 15 million, and baseball field house is 2 million, 15 million dollar rec center, 2, 20 million dollar dorms. McNeese isn't on our level . Our athletic budget doubles yours. You are a small time, no tradition, no fanbase having localized team. The majority of mc neice fans care more about for LSU than their own team. Let me know when you guys hire a AD xlolx .

Za-KEE-uS
September 3rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
ok scared. We are playing U of H next season, and have played Tulane in the past. Tress have been removed form the area where the field house is being constructed, and construction will start in Oct xthumbsupx . SU's field house is 15 million, and baseball field house is 2 million, 15 million dollar rec center, 2, 20 million dollar dorms. McNeese isn't on our level . Our athletic budget doubles yours. You are a small time, no tradition, no fanbase having localized team. The majority of mc neice fans care more about for LSU than their own team. Let me know when you guys hire a AD xlolx .

hmmm this is getting pretty heated, all u guys have proven is than SU has more students and money the McNeese, but they're afraid to play them because they'd lose.

Grizalltheway
September 3rd, 2007, 10:47 PM
jstate83 is conspicuously absent from this thread...

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 3rd, 2007, 11:40 PM
Who's the mod that keeps editing my post. xmadx

mikebigg
September 4th, 2007, 08:54 AM
McNeese vs SU: Please give it a rest on here and take it to the smack board. It's gotten old to everyone else... I know it has for me. Two good programs and two good schools. No need for the constant put downs...let's move forward. Maybe someday a game will happen...just make sure you guys don't sit near each other. xlolx

813Jag
September 4th, 2007, 09:53 AM
McNeese vs SU: Please give it a rest on here and take it to the smack board. It's gotten old to everyone else... I know it has for me. Two good programs and two good schools. No need for the constant put downs...let's move forward. Maybe someday a game will happen...just make sure you guys don't sit near each other. xlolx
This topic has been to the Smack board and back. It's a true dead horse topic. xdeadhorsex

jstate83
September 4th, 2007, 11:28 AM

The outcome was:

That was the most pathetic OFFENSIVE SHOWING I have seen in the history of football.

The defense, special teams, I HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT.
They played great.

That Offense of our's sucked turds, swamp water, and greul.
How many 3 and out's, INT's, and just bad PLAY can a defense overcome.

Every player on JSU's defense should have left cleet marks on the arses of every offenseive player on the team.
That was pathetic.

Delta State ran basic plays and took advantage of mistakes 30 yards from the endzone.

Gurantee you they back on the schedule next year for JSU.
That shat ain't gonna cut it. xsmhx

89Hen
September 4th, 2007, 11:40 AM
an OVC power
xeyebrowx The OVC hasn't won a playoff game since 1996.

TexasTerror
September 4th, 2007, 12:02 PM
xeyebrowx The OVC hasn't won a playoff game since 1996.

Hey now, to some fans...that makes them a 'power' because you know, that's huge compared to their conference has never won a playoff game period...xlolx

lizrdgizrd
September 4th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I guess we've learned:

FEAR THE OKRA!
http://www.deltastate.edu/images/housing/Okra.JPG

McNeese72
September 4th, 2007, 01:41 PM
You AD was suppose to retire last year but had to come back because nobody applied for $75,000 job xlolx . The truth shall set you free xlolx .

You just proved that you don't know what you are talking about with that statement.

Our AD retired as of June 30th and hasn't come back. And we did have applicants for the job before we temporarily suspended the search. Four people were actually interviewed before the search was suspended. And the reason we suspended the search was to up the salary to get more quality applicants.

Doc

jstate83
September 4th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I guess we've learned:

FEAR THE OKRA!
http://www.deltastate.edu/images/housing/Okra.JPG

Nothing to fear if you have blockers that know what the he!! they doing.xsmhx
Trust me this is not sour grapes......................THEY BEAT US.
They didn't score until we practically gave them the ball in the endzone.

Gave them the first touchdown in the 1st qtr off a bad snap to the punter and then watched as the defense held off OUR OFFENSE giving them the ball on our side of the 50 yard line all night.

They scored 3 more times off turnovers, (int's), that gave them the ball at the 35, 20, and 30 yard lines.
They have a good team, but the didn't do anything special.
They cashed in on 4 out of 100 or so F-UP's our offense gave them. xsmhx

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 4th, 2007, 04:38 PM
You just proved that you don't know what you are talking about with that statement.

Our AD retired as of June 30th and hasn't come back. And we did have applicants for the job before we temporarily suspended the search. Four people were actually interviewed before the search was suspended. And the reason we suspended the search was to up the salary to get more quality applicants.
Doc

xlolx Whatever. xlolx

lizrdgizrd
September 4th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Nothing to fear if you have blockers that know what the he!! they doing.xsmhx
Trust me this is not sour grapes......................THEY BEAT US.
They didn't score until we practically gave them the ball in the endzone.

Gave them the first touchdown in the 1st qtr off a bad snap to the punter and then watched as the defense held off OUR OFFENSE giving them the ball on our side of the 50 yard line all night.

They scored 3 more times off turnovers, (int's), that gave them the ball at the 35, 20, and 30 yard lines.
They have a good team, but the didn't do anything special.
They cashed in on 4 out of 100 or so F-UP's our offense gave them. xsmhx

Yeah, but it's funny to be afraid of okra. :o

Jaguar79
September 4th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Just everyone answer this? Who first mentioned who? That should tell you WHO won't let go .... this thread is not even about the SWAC .... it's about Jackson State and you see as soon as someone mentioned SFA, they all ran to "qualify" why SFA lost?

Get on with your little league ..... NO ONE else cares, especially at Southern.

McNeese75
September 4th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Just everyone answer this? Who first mentioned who? That should tell you WHO won't let go .... this thread is not even about the SWAC .... it's about Jackson State and you see as soon as someone mentioned SFA, they all ran to "qualify" why SFA lost?

Then why are you here? Go, just go away xnodx

SU Jag
September 4th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Hey now, to some fans...that makes them a 'power' because you know, that's huge compared to their conference has never won a playoff game period...xlolx

Whatever, get a lifexrolleyesx

TexasTerror
September 5th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Latest is that Comegy says a fellow SWAC school provided tape to Delta State...

http://www.tspnsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75598

mikebigg
September 5th, 2007, 08:26 AM

I feel ya on this one... When SFA lost it didn't reflect on the Southland but because Jackson lost it's about the SWAC. Angelo State (not as good as Delta State) was in Sam Houston's azz before losing by 3, but that wasn't a reflection on the Southland. Let Grambling win against Angelo State by the same score and watch the SWAC bashing begin or should I say continue. That's what is known as a double standard! xnonox

BgJag
September 5th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I feel ya on this one... When SFA lost it didn't reflect on the Southland but because Jackson lost it's about the SWAC. Angelo State (not as good as Delta State) was in Sam Houston's azz before losing by 3, but that wasn't a reflection on the Southland. Let Grambling win against Angelo State by the same score and watch the SWAC bashing begin or should I say continue. That's what is known as a double standard! xnonox

Mike, what do you expect over here. All Swac teams are grouped over here. Whatever happens to one team is a reflection of all teams in the conference. No other conference has to carry that burden, it's an us against the rest here. Notice that "Swac is mentioned in the title before Jackson State and it was their game. Didn't see anybody group the SLC because SFA lost.xrolleyesx xcoffeex

89Hen
September 5th, 2007, 08:43 AM
it's an us against the rest here.
1. That's a two way street Bg.
2. Many people stick up for their conference and in turn get slammed when one of their conference mates gets ripped. The SWAC is not unique in this regard. Ask the Montana fans about having to suffer through endless Big Sky attacks even though none of them are directed at the Griz. I should know, I start half of them. :p

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Ordinarily, I'd have gotten upset at SuJag's shrill post, but I've learned to take it for what it is...

Besides, there's really no way to win a public argument with a loudmouth chicken-headed woman. You look like a bully when you try.

I agree that this is a dead horse. I have all the respect in the world for Grambling. It's not their fault they play in the weak-assed SWAC. Historically, they really had no other choice and, well, now it's a great deal for them....

But, the great thing about Grambling is they have a national iconic identity and they've never had to be content being in the shadow of one of their conference mates, so they're not insecure and prone to feminine histrionics.

People who are secure in who they are, generally don't run around screaming "we're better than you" despite having had their asses kicked and having taken proactive steps off the field to avoid having it happen again ON the field.

Watch Grambling, they're not taking any shat off anybody, and they're very quick to say they'd like to renew the series under the right circumstances. There's honor in that.

But when you're a passive aggressive bitch who, on one hand says "I can't afford to play you, because you don't bring enoug fans" whilst on the other hands, is quietly scheduling a team who brings 1/10th what you bring on the road, something doesn't smell right.

If McNeese is going to play a SWAC team again, my vote's for Grambling. They show up to play, they don't bitch like women and they don't talk baseless shat in the face of logic.

Besides, when it comes right down to it, Grambling IS the SWAC.

BgJag
September 5th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Without mentioning SOUTHERN your whole rant is about them. Please explain to this board why you're so upset with Southern not rescheduling a game against McNeese after Kitrina. Since you don't think much about our competitiveness why have us in Lake Charles? Our OOC this year has FAMU & TNST, both from playoff conferences, both with a historical past that "OUR" fans what to see. Is SOUTHERN the only team that didn't return a game with McNeese in the recent past?

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Without mentioning SOUTHERN your whole rant is about them. Please explain to this board why you're so upset with Southern not rescheduling a game against McNeese after Kitrina. Since you don't think much about our competitiveness why have us in Lake Charles? Our OOC this year has FAMU & TNST, both from playoff conferences, both with a historical past that "OUR" fans what to see. Is SOUTHERN the only team that didn't return a game with McNeese in the recent past?

Would you guys from Southern get togethe and make up your minds which "official" position you're going to advocate?

You guys wanted us to stop beating the dead horse about Southern being a buncha whiney-assed bitches. So we did.

My post was about playing Grambling on a go-forward basis and what a classy program they have.

Typical women. They ask you not to talk about them, so you talk about somebody else and then they get mad and demand more attention.

And, for the record, anybody who's ever broken a game with us has paid the cancellation fee built into the contract.....

Well, all but ONE school, anyway.....

BgJag
September 5th, 2007, 09:31 AM
2. Many people stick up for their conference and in turn get slammed when one of their conference mates gets ripped. The SWAC is not unique in this regard. Ask the Montana fans about having to suffer through endless Big Sky attacks even though none of them are directed at the Griz. I should know, I start half of them. :p

I've been on this board for about 3-4 years. I'll admit it was Ralph posting on the SWACPAGE.COM that brought me here. I posted regularly in the beginning but since stopped. Any topic involving a SWAC team particularly or the SWAC as a whole become a bashing the conference thread. How can you expect the rest of football fans and MSM to respect/support our level of footbal if there's divison within? It seem that the few HBCU posters have to defend our schools/conference moreso that the FCS. Go figure.

BgJag
September 5th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Would you guys from Southern get togethe and make up your minds which "official" position you're going to advocate?

You guys wanted us to stop beating the dead horse about Southern being a buncha whiney-assed bitches. So we did.

My post was about playing Grambling on a go-forward basis and what a classy program they have.

Typical women. They ask you not to talk about them, so you talk about somebody else and then they get mad and demand more attention.

And, for the record, anybody who's ever broken a game with us has paid the cancellation fee built into the contract.....

You didn't answer my question!

89Hen
September 5th, 2007, 09:33 AM
It seem that the few HBCU posters have to defend our schools/conference moreso that the FCS. Go figure.
I guess it seems that way to you. Like I said, ask a Montana fan about defending the Big Sky. xnodx

BgJag
September 5th, 2007, 09:39 AM

Maybe you're barking up the wrong tree. If you think we owe you some money, there are avenues for that. Pursuit them if you wish. xrulesx

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Maybe you're barking up the wrong tree. If you think we owe you some money, there are avenues for that. Pursuit them if you wish. xrulesx

Great, in addition to the money we spent in Baton Rouge in 2004, with little in return besides the W we all knew we were gonna get, you want us to spend even more money? Where are we going to fight this battle? In Baton Rouge? In Lake Charles? In Federal Court?

And, moreover, with the State of Louisiana being the responsible financial party in the event of a judgment against a Louisiana school, what's the point? I doubt we'd be able to file that suit, much less expend any resources to actually make a recovery.

But you already knew that, you're just doing what you guys do best, which is obfuscate and deflect.

Honestly, I don't care that you guys don't have enough class to honor the contract. I just object to the fact that you don't have enough class to honor the contract, but you still run your mouths.

If you can live with having us spend money on you without getting a competitive game in return or even a decent performance out of your band (the weather was bad that day, remember?) fine. We can live with it too. If you need the financial handout, that's okay. We'll chalk this one up to "lessons learned."

Just do us a favor and establish some sorta charitable fund so that when we donate money to you, we can at least get a tax credit for it....

We didn't really expect a competitive game, but we ARE dissapointed in not seeing what your band could do....

BgJag
September 5th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Great, in addition to the money we spent in Baton Rouge in 2004, with little in return besides the W we all knew we were gonna get, you want us to spend even more money? Where are we going to fight this battle? In Baton Rouge? In Lake Charles? In Federal Court?

And, moreover, with the State of Louisiana being the responsible financial party in the event of a judgment against a Louisiana school, what's the point? I doubt we'd be able to file that suit, much less expend any resources to actually make a recovery.

But you already knew that, you're just doing what you guys do best, which is obfuscate and deflect.

Honestly, I don't care that you guys don't have enough class to honor the contract. I just object to the fact that you don't have enough class to honor the contract, but you still run your mouths.

If you can live with having us spend money on you without getting a competitive game in return or even a decent performance out of your band (the weather was bad that day, remember?) fine. We can live with it too. If you need the financial handout, that's okay. We'll chalk this one up to "lessons learned."

Just do us a favor and establish some sorta charitable fund so that when we donate money to you, we can at least get a tax credit for it....

We didn't really expect a competitive game, but we ARE dissapointed in not seeing what your band could do....

Thank You, now can we move on and forget this now?

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2007, 10:50 AM
How do you define "Moving On?"

If you define it by "a cessation of violence against the deceased equine corpse, whilst simultaneously finding new issues to discuss," then - yes - I think we probably can move on.

If you define moving on by "pretending to cease committing acts of violence against said deceased equine corpse, whilst using any and all opportunties to passively aggressively post illogical feces about the superiority of the Southern football program to a program you lost to, without having the intestinal fortitude to actually demonstrate it on the field," then, no, we probably can't move on.

It's your call...;)

SU Jag
September 5th, 2007, 11:06 AM
WTF Do McNeese fans keep bringing the isht up. You guys have taken over a topic that was about JSU. You keep saying that you dont care but I sure as gell cant tell because you find your way into every discussion and bring up the same isht, let it go!

Now back to the topic at hand. I really didnt expect Jackson State to drop this game, not the way they played during the 2nd half of last season. I will be interesting to see this weeks against Tenneessee State, another team who didnt look too good in the opener.

Cap'n Cat
September 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAH!!

Post Of The Day!!!!!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D :D :D :D xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM
WTF Do McNeese fans keep bringing the isht up. You guys have taken over a topic that was about JSU. You keep saying that you dont care but I sure as gell cant tell because you find your way into every discussion and bring up the same isht, let it go!

Now back to the topic at hand. I really didnt expect Jackson State to drop this game, not the way they played during the 2nd half of last season. I will be interesting to see this weeks against Tenneessee State, another team who didnt look too good in the opener.

See, this typically ignorant post right here is why this stuff gets beaten to death. AGAIN, we have a Jaguar who can't make up his mind about what he wants...

You asked WHY this topic keeps getting discussed, then you say you want to move on. Which is it?

If you want to move on, then move on and don't keep bringing it up. If you wanna keep bringing it up, don't be surprised when you get a response...

I suspect what you really want, like most mouthy women, is to have the last word.

The only way that happens is if you agree that it's time to move on and don't keep being passively aggressive.

Let's recap how we came to this point. The original post was about Jackson State losing to Delta. Then, in retaliation, some SWAC fans pointed to SFA losing to Tarleton. Then it turned into a urination for distance contest about conferences, with Southern acting like mouthy women (as usual)...

I have no problems with the SWAC. I think most of the SWAC members are fine, honorable institutions. Grambling, in particlar, comes to mind. Hell, even Prairie View and Texas Southern act like men and actually play games when they know they're probably not going to win.

SU Jag
September 5th, 2007, 12:02 PM
See, this typically ignorant post right here is why this stuff gets beaten to death. AGAIN, we have a Jaguar who can't make up his mind about what he wants...

You asked WHY this topic keeps getting discussed, then you say you want to move on. Which is it?

If you want to move on, then move on and don't keep bringing it up. If you wanna keep bringing it up, don't be surprised when you get a response...

I suspect what you really want, like most mouthy women, is to have the last word.

The only way that happens is if you agree that it's time to move on and don't keep being passively aggressive.

Let's recap how we came to this point. The original post was about Jackson State losing to Delta. Then, in retaliation, some SWAC fans pointed to SFA losing to Tarleton. Then it turned into a urination for distance contest about conferences, with Southern acting like mouthy women (as usual)...

I have no problems with the SWAC. I think most of the SWAC members are fine, honorable institutions. Grambling, in particlar, comes to mind. Hell, even Prairie View and Texas Southern act like men and actually play games when they know they're probably not going to win.

Who brought up what? I've never brought up anything about McNeese play boy, get your facts straight. Make up my mind, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? SEEMS like you need to go back and read! Mouthy women? None of us give a f*uck about you are McNeese, if you actually took the time and read you would see that! If aggressive about everything I do pimpin, dont get twisted because I'll aggresively destroy your azz in the Smack room!xcoffeex

SU Jag
September 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM

Want to get better?

This is the post that started the ishtm and you see its not by a SWAC member or Southern fan! Like I said get your isht straight!

mikebigg
September 5th, 2007, 12:28 PM
In defense of the Jags poster...not that they need my assistance... I'm sure that most of them have no problem with playing McNeese. Well at least prior to all the putdowns to their school as well as being called women. Come on now...this isn't the smack board and no one has been called on the carpet for it.

The scheduling at SU actually comes from the Board of Supervisors' Athletic Committee's recommendation. The initial meetings was at the urgings of Belton who was a McNeese Alum (SU Law School) who served as
Chair of the Athletic Committee. The initial return game was cancelled due to Katrina... the next year SU didn't want to give up a home game... the year after that Belton was gone and without a "penalty clause" (Your AD slipped on that one) the SU moved on. Regardless of how anyone may feel about that... it is what it is!

xpeacex

SU Jag
September 5th, 2007, 12:40 PM
In defense of the Jags poster...not that they need my assistance... I'm sure that most of them have no problem with playing McNeese. Well at least prior to all the putdowns to their school as well as being called women. Come on now...this isn't the smack board and no one has been called on the carpet for it.

The scheduling at SU actually comes from the Board of Supervisors' Athletic Committee's recommendation. The initial meetings was at the urgings of Belton who was a McNeese Alum (SU Law School) who served as
Chair of the Athletic Committee. The initial return game was cancelled due to Katrina... the next year SU didn't want to give up a home game... the year after that Belton was gone and without a "penalty clause" (Your AD slipped on that one) the SU moved on. Regardless of how anyone may feel about that... it is what it is!

xpeacex

You know what Mike, you're okay..............for a Grambling dudexnodx J/K, I root for yall all year until we meet in the dome. I have nothing but respect for GSUxthumbsupx

McNeese75
September 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Is SOUTHERN the only team that didn't return a game with McNeese in the recent past?

Yes xnodx

McNeese75
September 5th, 2007, 02:49 PM
the next year SU didn't want to give up a home game... the year after that Belton was gone and without a "penalty clause" (Your AD slipped on that one) the SU moved on. Regardless of how anyone may feel about that... it is what it is!

xpeacex

So I guess a good analogy here would be finding a bag of cash on the street with someone's name on the bag. Keep the cash and don't worry about it. Their loss, your gain xwhistlex

xdeadhorsex

BgJag
September 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Yes xnodx

Florida International!

mikebigg
September 5th, 2007, 04:14 PM
So I guess a good analogy here would be finding a bag of cash on the street with someone's name on the bag. Keep the cash and don't worry about it. Their loss, your gain xwhistlex

xdeadhorsex

No but it won't ever get settled with contentious talk on here. Do I think yall got a raw deal...yeah, but none of these guys can make it change. Perhaps yall will play again. Next time make sure the contract has a penalty clause... Again, not saying it's right but these guys got no choice but to defend their school when it's getting blasted repeatedly. As somewhat of an outsider, I see it only (the exchanges) getting uglier and ruining some energy that should focus on football. Again I say xpeacex

(And I'm out yall's bizness)xlolx

McNeese72
September 5th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Florida International!

They bought their way out of it by paying the penalty fee.

Doc

Jaguar79
September 5th, 2007, 05:19 PM

Doc

So they are okay because they paid a fee to get out of the game, but we are not because we didn't AND YOUR AD neglected to have one in the contract?

OKAY xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2007, 06:14 PM
So they are okay because they paid a fee to get out of the game, but we are not because we didn't AND YOUR AD neglected to have one in the contract?

OKAY xthumbsupx

I haven't seen the contract, but if it's the standard contract we always use, then, yes, it had a penalty clause.....Admittedly, I could be wrong.

As I understand it, Southern's using the "Force Majure" defense. I think, initially, we weren't pressing too hard because we automatically assumed that Southern would do the honorable thing.

But, as Mike pointed out, by the time the discussion got around to rescheduling, former Cowboy linebacker John Belton was no longer on the Southern Board, so there was nobody to show Southern how to act honorably...

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Who brought up what? I've never brought up anything about McNeese play boy, get your facts straight. Make up my mind, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? SEEMS like you need to go back and read! Mouthy women? None of us give a f*uck about you are McNeese, if you actually took the time and read you would see that! If aggressive about everything I do pimpin, dont get twisted because I'll aggresively destroy your azz in the Smack room!xcoffeex

Yes, clearly, I need to re-read.

You asked WHY McNeese refers back to Southern's lack of honor, then you said we should GET OVER IT. Those two opposing perspectives came from YOUR keyboard, not mine. If you wanna know WHY something happens, then be prepared for an explanation when you ask.

You asked, and I politely responded by providing you with an answer.

If you want us to move on, then don't keep bring it up. You can't have it both ways....

In retrospect, maybe THAT's why we're at this particular juncture, at this particular time. Southern apparently likes trying to have it both ways. They want to punk out of a gentleman's agreement, but still want respect.

They want to ask passive aggressive whiney questions, but expect us to move on, failing to see the hypocrisy in those types of behaviours.

When you have a gentleman's agreement with somebody, you honor it.

When you ask somebody for an answer, don't be suprised when you get it, even if you don't like the content.

When you ask somebody to let it go, you should be willing to let it go, yourself. It's not the other person's fault if you ask them to let an issue go, whilst you sit around whining about it like you're in the middle of cramping, bloating and heavy flow.

These seem like such simple concepts that even Southern graduates can comprehend them.

And as far as the smack board goes....Jaguar, puhlease.....

I'm more than willing to venture over there. Hell, I've had a lot of fun back in the day over at the SWAC page, so I doubt you're gonna be able to do anything in the Smack room that I haven't already dismissed in other places before....

Of course, judging by the nonsensical parts of your post above, I think you'd be better off learning to deal with me in a venue where I have to at least TRY to be polite ;)

BgJag
September 5th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Doc

Were there a penalty fee in our contract and if we pay it will y'all go away?

BgJag
September 5th, 2007, 07:18 PM

Doc

BTW, can I get anybody from McNeese to admitted they're pissed because of the loss at the gate, nothing more nothing less. Like MikeBigg said "it is what it is."

PS, I need some dental work will you give me a discount?

McNeese72
September 5th, 2007, 08:02 PM

OKAY xthumbsupx

Okay, guys, let's clear up this penalty clause crap. There was a $40,000 penalty clause that Southern refused to pay because of an "Act of God" (Katrina).

Doc

McNeese72
September 5th, 2007, 08:11 PM
BTW, can I get anybody from McNeese to admitted they're pissed because of the loss at the gate, nothing more nothing less. Like MikeBigg said "it is what it is."

PS, I need some dental work will you give me a discount?

Hell, yes, that is what we are pissed off about. Home and home contracts usually work in that when Team A goes to Team B's stadium, Team B gets all the gate. Then when Team B returns the game to Team A's stadium, Team A gets all the gate. Each team incurs expenses when they have to travel to the other team's stadium but recoup them when they have the home game.

What happened to us, is that we occured expenses by traveling to play at Southern while Southern got the gate. And then we weren't able to recoup those expenses because Southern never returned the game in Lake Charles. And Southern wouldn't pay the penalty clause in the contract claiming an "Act of God". And up to now they have not agreed to reschedule a return game.

Now give me a good reason why the McNeese fans shouldn't be pissed about it.

Doc

McNeese_beat
September 5th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Okay, guys, let's clear up this penalty clause crap. There was a $40,000 penalty clause that Southern refused to pay because of an "Act of God" (Katrina).

Doc

This is why, it's clearly a case of bad faith on the part of Southern. Certainly, there was a legal out for them with the act of god clause. However, it's just bad faith never to try to complete the home-and-home. This would be true if we were talking about Southern or Southern Utah, which brings no fan base. A home game is a home game, whether it brings 23k or 14k. If Southern Utah backed out of a contract in that way, I seriously doubt if McNeese would ever schedule them again either.

But it isn't only about McNeese.

I know a lot of local Southern fans were pissed off about it because this was going to be an event for them. There were plans for a parade in North Lake Charles, tailgating at LC-B stadium etc. I wouldn't say local alums stayed pissed (loyalties run deep), but I do think there is a lasting feeling of disappointment. This was a chance for Southern to reach out to its Lake Charles alums and they did not follow through on it. Can you say second-class alums?

So for Southern fans to sit there and act like this is an issue that is just about McNeese, they are mistaken.

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 5th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Charles. And Southern wouldn't pay the penalty clause in the contract claiming an "Act of God". Doc

SO Katrina wasn't an "ACT OF GOD".

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 5th, 2007, 08:50 PM
This is why, it's clearly a case of bad faith on the part of Southern. Certainly, there was a legal out for them with the act of god clause. However, it's just bad faith never to try to complete the home-and-home. This would be true if we were talking about Southern or Southern Utah, which brings no fan base. A home game is a home game, whether it brings 23k or 14k. If Southern Utah backed out of a contract in that way, I seriously doubt if McNeese would ever schedule them again either.

But it isn't only about McNeese.

I know a lot of local Southern fans were pissed off about it because this was going to be an event for them. There were plans for a parade in North Lake Charles, tailgating at LC-B stadium etc. I wouldn't say local alums stayed pissed (loyalties run deep), but I do think there is a lasting feeling of disappointment. This was a chance for Southern to reach out to its Lake Charles alums and they did not follow through on it. Can you say second-class alums?

So for Southern fans to sit there and act like this is an issue that is just about McNeese, they are mistaken.xlolx
IF they want to see SU they can come to Mumford. Dude you are funny.

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 5th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Were there a penalty fee in our contract and if we pay it will y'all go away?Letem suffer. Don't payem shat xlolx . mc neice fans need to be mad @ Sonny xlolx . xlolx

McNeese72
September 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM

Yes, it was. But the honorable thing would be to reschedule the game so that McNeese could recoup their expenses from the 2004 trip to Mumford.

But evidently you Southern fans don't think so. You'd rather sit back and laugh about how you screwed us.

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2007, 09:16 PM

Katrina was abolutely an act of God, but let's be real, Southern sustained no flood damage, southern sustained no wind damage.

At best, Southern was indirectly affected.

Now, having said that, I fully understand the reasoning behind cancelling the game. We have no problem with that.

We have a problem with hiding behind the Act of God to avoid getting your ass beat.

McNeese75
September 5th, 2007, 09:20 PM

And your point is? (besides trying to derail the conversation as usual)

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2007, 09:20 PM
The other thing about the "Penalty Clause" is that since both schools come under the auspices of the State of Louisiana, there's no way in hell we'd get approval from The Department of Education to spend State Funds to sue Southern.

The State of Louisiana isn't going to sue itself....

It's a red herring argument. The Southern folks know this, but choose to use the "Sue us if you think you can" line to hide their punking out...

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 5th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, it was. But the honorable thing would be to reschedule the game so that McNeese could recoup their expenses from the 2004 trip to Mumford.

But evidently you Southern fans don't think so. You'd rather sit back and laugh about how you screwed us.

Doc

Mikebigg explained the situation to yall, damn.

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Mikebigg explained the situation to yall, damn.

You're right. He did. He said that McNeese got a raw deal and that y'all didn't want to give up a home game. That's where the whole honor part comes in.

Remember the 1992 Presidential Campaign?

At the risk of being a little rude, "It's about Honor, Stupid."

We gave up a home game under a gentleman's agreement that you'd do the same. Apparently, you forgot that when gentlemen agree to do something, both have commitments to honor. To make the game happen, we came to your place first, despite the fact that we'd already had less than honorable dealings with you on your failure to return the "unsigned" contract two years before that. I guess we should have known better, but that's water under the bridge.

We came to your place in good faith and spent money on Southern Tickets, which if I'm not mistaken were higher priced than your other tickets that year. Your game with us was the second highest attended game you had that year. We spent money at the various establishments around Mumford, which is fine, we expected the favor to be returned.

The thing that pisses us off is that we could have scheduled a D-II for the week we played you all, gotten a more competitive game and made some money that we otherwise "donated" to Southern.

We sorta knew that the game wasn't going to be competitive heading into it. We at least expected a good performance out of the band, but the weather sorta got in the way of that one...

So, yeah, we're a little miffed.

It's about honor, stupid, and the honorable thing would have been to either be up front about not wanting to play the return game or to step up, act like men, and get the ball rolling as far as rescheduling it goes.

Yes, Katrina intervened, but that was two years ago.

It's about honor, Stupid.

If you had ANY interest in being honorable, you've had ample time to at least start the discussions about rescheduling. Instead, all we've heard out of you is chirping crickets....

Seriously, If you can live with being dishonorable punks, more power to you. Just don't ask us to respect you. Just take your purse, don't make eye contact and move along...

We suspected that you didn't want to reschedule the game because you wanted to make some more money. Well, that and not wanting to get your asses kicked again.

That being the case, you should have just said so up front. That should have been your position during the original negotiations. From the moment the ink was drying on the contract, most observers predicted you wouldn't honor the contract.

My ignorant ass went on record as saying that despite all that, I thought you all were going to do the honorable thing. Well, trust me, I won't ever make the mistake of thinking that Southern has the capacity for honorable behaviour, ever again.

The other thing is that ff you had no intention of giving us a return game, we just wish you were man enough to say that, yourselves, instead of having to have a Gramblingite put in perspective for you.

shelton
September 5th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Bottom Line:
JSU fans do understand that it's possible to lose a game, but we only believe that you lose under the conditions of giving it your all on the field. On saturdays game, there was no way the players of JSU where going to be able to do this, because 1. O-line does not know how to pick up a Bliss. 2. The Offensive Coordinator did not know how to adjust the play calling when a team is Blissing JSU. It took four whole quarters with 4:00 mins left in the game before Offensive Coordinator thought to throw quick slant routes which we did not do until the end of the game and we scored. DSU Offense ran only 5 plays against JSU Defence WOW! DSU Defence only played 3 different Blissing formations against JSU O-line.

This is not a QB issue or a team issue or other SWAC teams providing tapes of JSU issue, but a coaching issue and it's the Offensive Coordinator. He must be able to see what the other team is doing to us in the 1st quarter and make adjustments to make them change their game plan on Defence. But the Offensive Coordinator was clearly blind for 4 quarters and that's why we lost. It's true the O-line didn't block and the blocking was so bad that there was no way JSU coaching staff would have been able to teach O-line to pick up Blisses after half time. DSU would have stop Blissing, if the Offensive Coordinator would have called quick pass plays not "5 and out" but slant routes right off the line and most of the FANS saw it could have been done.
DSU only won because JSU could not adjust in a timely manner.
And that's the bottom line my friends.

McNeese_beat
September 5th, 2007, 10:16 PM
xlolx
IF they want to see SU they can come to Mumford. Dude you are funny.

They can go to Mumford and they do go to Mumford. But it was a special event for the Jaguar nation to finally come to their home town. It was when Grambling came too. They had the Grambling Band do a parade down, I believe it was Mill St. in north Lake Charles that brought the community out. They tailgated. It was a HUGE success for Grambling and its local alumni chapter.

Southern had similar activities planned and a lot of Southern people locally were enthusiastically getting involved, but then Katrina came. That's all right, they said, we'll do it when they reschedule...

Ain't gonna happen though.

Like I said, I don't think you lost your Lake Charles fans, but you sure didn't help. Might have a few Grambling converts now. Hell Grambling showed up and had a parade and tailgated and the whole nine yards.

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 5th, 2007, 10:45 PM
They can go to Mumford and they do go to Mumford . But it was a special event for the Jaguar nation to finally come to their home town. It was when Grambling came too. They had the Grambling Band do a parade down, I believe it was Mill St. in north Lake Charles that brought the community out. They tailgated. It was a HUGE success for Grambling and its local alumni chapter.

Southern had similar activities planned and a lot of Southern people locally were enthusiastically getting involved, but then Katrina came. That's all right, they said, we'll do it when they reschedule...

Ain't gonna happen though.

Like I said, I don't think you lost your Lake Charles fans, but you sure didn't help. Might have a few Grambling converts now. Hell Grambling showed up and had a parade and tailgated and the whole nine yards.Your funny xlolx . SU has larger markets to conquer, like Chicago this weekend. See we are nation widexnodx , unlike you regionalized cowboys xlolx .

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 5th, 2007, 10:47 PM
You're right. He did. He said that McNeese got a raw deal and that y'all didn't want to give up a home game. That's where the whole honor part comes in.

Remember the 1992 Presidential Campaign?

At the risk of being a little rude, "It's about Honor, Stupid."

We gave up a home game under a gentleman's agreement that you'd do the same. Apparently, you forgot that when gentlemen agree to do something, both have commitments to honor. To make the game happen, we came to your place first, despite the fact that we'd already had less than honorable dealings with you on your failure to return the "unsigned" contract two years before that. I guess we should have known better, but that's water under the bridge.

We came to your place in good faith and spent money on Southern Tickets, which if I'm not mistaken were higher priced than your other tickets that year. Your game with us was the second highest attended game you had that year. We spent money at the various establishments around Mumford, which is fine, we expected the favor to be returned.

The thing that pisses us off is that we could have scheduled a D-II for the week we played you all, gotten a more competitive game and made some money that we otherwise "donated" to Southern.

We sorta knew that the game wasn't going to be competitive heading into it. We at least expected a good performance out of the band, but the weather sorta got in the way of that one...

So, yeah, we're a little miffed.

It's about honor, stupid, and the honorable thing would have been to either be up front about not wanting to play the return game or to step up, act like men, and get the ball rolling as far as rescheduling it goes.

Yes, Katrina intervened, but that was two years ago.

It's about honor, Stupid.

If you had ANY interest in being honorable, you've had ample time to at least start the discussions about rescheduling. Instead, all we've heard out of you is chirping crickets....

Seriously, If you can live with being dishonorable punks, more power to you. Just don't ask us to respect you. Just take your purse, don't make eye contact and move along...

We suspected that you didn't want to reschedule the game because you wanted to make some more money. Well, that and not wanting to get your asses kicked again.

That being the case, you should have just said so up front. That should have been your position during the original negotiations. From the moment the ink was drying on the contract, most observers predicted you wouldn't honor the contract.

My ignorant ass went on record as saying that despite all that, I thought you all were going to do the honorable thing. Well, trust me, I won't ever make the mistake of thinking that Southern has the capacity for honorable behaviour, ever again.

The other thing is that ff you had no intention of giving us a return game, we just wish you were man enough to say that, yourselves, instead of having to have a Gramblingite put in perspective for you.

Are you retarded or something. xlolx

xpeacex

FormerPokeCenter
September 6th, 2007, 12:25 AM
SUjagTILLiCry wrote:

Are you retarded or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebigg

While I admit that expecting you to act in an honorable fashion is a pretty retarded thing to do, no I'm not retarded.

Can you READ?

No but it won't ever get settled with contentious talk on here. Do I think yall got a raw deal...yeah, but none of these guys can make it change. Perhaps yall will play again. Next time make sure the contract has a penalty clause... Again, not saying it's right but these guys got no choice but to defend their school when it's getting blasted repeatedly. As somewhat of an outsider, I see it only (the exchanges) getting uglier and ruining some energy that should focus on football. Again I say xpeacex

(And I'm out yall's bizness)xlolx

Of course, this whole misunderstanding could explain why you guys don't act in an honorable manner. Since you apparently can't READ, you can't look up HONOR in the dictionary....

Again, it's about HONOR, Stupid...

McNeese_beat
September 6th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Your funny xlolx . SU has larger markets to conquer, like Chicago this weekend. See we are nation widexnodx , unlike you regionalized cowboys xlolx .

And that's why your team can't recruit Lake Charles any more (the last Lake Charles player you had was Breck Ackley). Used to be the state SLCs couldn't recruit at LC-B and W-M because if those kids weren't going to LSU, they were going to go SWAC. But Southern doesn't carry weight with the kids any more.

Why?

You don't play in the playoffs and the kids here remember what happened after a bad McNeese team "beat y'all then y'all got scared and didn't want to play again."xnonox

I'm not saying that (some McNeese fans might say that but I don't, I see it as a bad business decision), but don't even think kids in the local high schools high don't say that. So where's your Jerry Wilson now? Probably at McNeese (like a Jonathan Walker or Tyson Sibley) or at ULM (Chaz Williams), or Central Arkansas, or anywhere other than Southern.

Ever wonder why Southern all of a sudden struggles to sign kids from here? Ain't because they don't have players here. Got a lot to do with a reputation Southern has earned itself...
xeyebrowx
Couldn't put it any more simple for you. Southern ain't what it used to be (that's clear). Southern has no players from the Lake Charles area (the roster varifies that). Southern backed out of a game to be played in Lake Charles against McNeese (that's undeniable). Southern got its butt kicked at home the year before by a terrible McNeese team (no doubt about that). Doesn't take a genius to put the pieces of that puzzle together and figure out what kind of impact that has on Southern...

And if you think that playing a game in Chicago is going to make your reputation among prospects in your recruiting base any better...to them, Chicago is where you ran to to escape the competition. Don't believe me? Ask some Lake Charles kids on your team … Oh that's right, you don't have any any more.xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
September 6th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Your funny xlolx . SU has larger markets to conquer, like Chicago this weekend. See we are nation widexnodx , unlike you regionalized cowboys xlolx .

Y'all ain't nationwide. You just took the nation "ride" on Grambing's coattails.

If it wasn't for the fact that your natural geographic matchup included iconic HBCU Grambling, legendary Coach Rob and their marketing genius Collie Nicholson, nobody woulda ever heard of you....

Well, okay, some track fans woulda heard of you because of Rodney Milburn, but other than that, you'd be anonymous.

You need to thank your lucky stars that a Gramblingite thought up the Bayou Classic, because without it, people would be saying, "Huh?" when asked about Southern....

BgJag
September 6th, 2007, 05:57 AM
You need to thank your lucky stars that a Gramblingite thought up the Bayou Classic, because without it, people would be saying, "Huh?" when asked about Southern....

Wonder what they'll say about McNeese. Mack who?

To all the McNeese posters out there: All this name calling isn't neccessary. Everyone has their emotion on this issue and attacking each other still won't get the game played. Because of the 9 games mandate our fans wanted FAMU & TnST on the schedule and finally accomplished that. It took some doing about 3-4 years worth. With the mandate gone maybe the two schools can workout a deal in the future. Just for your information about losing fans in Lake Charles. You can't lose what you don't have. There's less than 40 season book holders in the LC metro area. If they want to see a parade we have one every homecoming.

lizrdgizrd
September 6th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Is this one off topic enough yet Mods? xconfusedx

FormerPokeCenter
September 6th, 2007, 07:50 AM

To all the McNeese posters out there: All this name calling isn't neccessary. Everyone has their emotion on this issue and attacking each other still won't get the game played. Because of the 9 games mandate our fans wanted FAMU & TnST on the schedule and finally accomplished that. It took some doing about 3-4 years worth. With the mandate gone maybe the two schools can workout a deal in the future. Just for your information about losing fans in Lake Charles. You can't lose what you don't have. There's less than 40 season book holders in the LC metro area. If they want to see a parade we have one every homecoming.

Work out a deal? With Southern? We thought we had deals with Southern.....TWICE. You guys shook hands, signed contracts and STILL reneged.

It's about Honor, Stupid.

MACHIAVELLI
September 6th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Y'all ain't nationwide. You just took the nation "ride" on Grambing's coattails.

If it wasn't for the fact that your natural geographic matchup included iconic HBCU Grambling, legendary Coach Rob and their marketing genius Collie Nicholson, nobody woulda ever heard of you....

Well, okay, some track fans woulda heard of you because of Rodney Milburn, but other than that, you'd be anonymous.

We've been telling them that for years.

BgJag
September 6th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Work out a deal? With Southern? We thought we had deals with Southern.....TWICE. You guys shook hands, signed contracts and STILL reneged.

It's about Honor, Stupid.

this is why you can't have a discussion over here. Never once have I resort to name calling.xnonox

McNeese_beat
September 6th, 2007, 08:49 AM

So you are, in effect, saying you are willing to concede the Lake Charles area just so you don't have to play that game? You have a metro area (five-parish) of about a quarter-million people two hours away and you don't think it's a priority to entrench your roots there? You have a city in Lake Charles with 80k-plus people (including unincorpated areas on the edges of town), about 40 percent of whom are African-American, of which a large percentage are Southern graduates...yet it's not important to uphold your university's reputation here?

Well that explains a lot. You guys are becoming the UL-Lafayette of the HBCU world...so caught up in being "big" you are foolishly ignoring the areas that are the roots of your success.

McNeese_beat
September 6th, 2007, 08:55 AM
By the way, I agree with the other posters that this thread is off-topic and should be moved to the smack board...

FormerPokeCenter
September 6th, 2007, 09:01 AM
this is why you can't have a discussion over here. Never once have I resort to name calling.xnonox

Would you feel better if I said, "It's about honor, Jaguar?"

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 6th, 2007, 02:12 PM
And that's why your team can't recruit Lake Charles any more (the last Lake Charles player you had was Breck Ackley). Used to be the state SLCs couldn't recruit at LC-B and W-M because if those kids weren't going to LSU, they were going to go SWAC. But Southern doesn't carry weight with the kids any more.

Why?

You don't play in the playoffs and the kids here remember what happened after a bad McNeese team "beat y'all then y'all got scared and didn't want to play again."xnonox

I'm not saying that (some McNeese fans might say that but I don't, I see it as a bad business decision), but don't even think kids in the local high schools high don't say that. So where's your Jerry Wilson now? Probably at McNeese (like a Jonathan Walker or Tyson Sibley) or at ULM (Chaz Williams), or Central Arkansas, or anywhere other than Southern.

Ever wonder why Southern all of a sudden struggles to sign kids from here? Ain't because they don't have players here. Got a lot to do with a reputation Southern has earned itself...
xeyebrowx
Couldn't put it any more simple for you. Southern ain't what it used to be (that's clear). Southern has no players from the Lake Charles area (the roster varifies that). Southern backed out of a game to be played in Lake Charles against McNeese (that's undeniable). Southern got its butt kicked at home the year before by a terrible McNeese team (no doubt about that). Doesn't take a genius to put the pieces of that puzzle together and figure out what kind of impact that has on Southern...

And if you think that playing a game in Chicago is going to make your reputation among prospects in your recruiting base any better...to them, Chicago is where you ran to to escape the competition. Don't believe me? Ask some Lake Charles kids on your team … Oh that's right, you don't have any any more.xlolx
Its not going to work dude xlolx xlolx .

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 6th, 2007, 02:19 PM

It's about Honor, Stupid.SUE US.
xlolx xlolx xlolx

McNeese_beat
September 6th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Its not going to work dude xlolx xlolx .

What, your school's inability to recruit my area any more? You better find a couple of players in Chicago, because you sure aren't getting them here any more. Want to argue that? Try showing me where Southern has had any recruiting success in Southwest Louisiana. You can't.

Are you going to argue the point that Southern has done harm to its good name in an area that does matter to the institution? Or are you going to bury your head in the sand, er, I mean laugh it off?

And give me a break with the notion that there are no Southern fans in Lake Charles.

Step back and look at the mirror man, it ain't pretty what's going on with Southern football and everybody's seeing it but the people that need to.

FormerPokeCenter
September 6th, 2007, 03:17 PM
SUE US.
xlolx xlolx xlolx

I've already explained to you why that's not going to work. The State isn't going to approve any monetary expenditures for legal fees to go after another entity that belongs to the State of Louisiana.

The State isn't going to sue itself.

If you were a private school, or if you were out of the state, that probably would have already happened....

McNeese75
September 6th, 2007, 03:56 PM

xlolx And just how many fans saw the game the last time you went nation wide in Chicago???????????? Seems like there is another post around here somewhere that threw out a 9,000 number. xeekx Awsome xwhistlex

BgJag
September 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
xlolx And just how many fans saw the game the last time you went nation wide in Chicago???????????? Seems like there is another post around here somewhere that threw out a 9,000 number. xeekx Awsome xwhistlex

Are you sure we've played in Chicago before??? Check your source.xcoffeex

jstate83
September 6th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Ah.....................Looking through these post, I don't see Jackson State anywhere. xlolx

Oh well................We played in Chicago.xthumbsupx
Filled the place with Tennessee St. xlolx

Just thought I would post since my heart in in the thread title. xsmiley_wix

Now.............back to the Louisana Parish War's. xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
September 6th, 2007, 04:28 PM
LOL, y'all ain't in this thread because everybody knows that Y'ALL are gonna get Delta back on the schedule to try to get even. That's what grown men do ;)

McNeese75
September 6th, 2007, 04:29 PM

I don't know the anticipated numbers for the Chicago Classic (SU/MVSU) but I'm hoping it's more than the 9K that showed up the last time these teams met in Chicago. Valley's team is better than during that time so let's hope the attendence is good.

xrolleyesx You ask him, he is one of your fans xwhistlex

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 6th, 2007, 08:26 PM
xlolx And just how many fans saw the game the last time you went nation wide in Chicago???????????? Seems like there is another post around here somewhere that threw out a 9,000 number. xeekx Awsome xwhistlexI know you don't to talk attendence xlolx .Watch how many people are going to be there this weekend. If only 1 person shows up, SU is going to get paid. xthumbsupx

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 6th, 2007, 08:34 PM
What, your school's inability to recruit my area any more? You better find a couple of players in Chicago, because you sure aren't getting them here any more. Want to argue that? Try showing me where Southern has had any recruiting success in Southwest Louisiana. You can't.

Are you going to argue the point that Southern has done harm to its good name in an area that does matter to the institution? Or are you going to bury your head in the sand, er, I mean laugh it off?

And give me a break with the notion that there are no Southern fans in Lake Charles.

Step back and look at the mirror man, it ain't pretty what's going on with Southern football and everybody's seeing it but the people that need to.Nobody never we didn't have fans in LC. xlolx xlolx xlolx We are not going to save your athletic budget xlolx . SU football is head and shoulders above that shat in LC. 1. You have no AD, and no money to hire one xlolx . 2. Our budget is double, maybe triple yours. 3. Were in the top 3 fanbases in fcs. 4. Traditon, mcneice has none. 5. Our gear can be found around the country. 6. We have several games on National TV. 7. Our 15 million dollar field house is going to put us on another level(Oh yea, trees are being removed) I could go on and on xlolx .

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 6th, 2007, 08:36 PM

WE played up there in the 90's, I was still in college. Me and a couple of friends drove up there. There were more than 9,000 at the game though. More like 20,000.

McNeese75
September 6th, 2007, 08:42 PM
WE played up there in the 90's, I was still in college. Me and a couple of friends drove up there. There were more than 9,000 at the game though. More like 20,000.

Prove it!! xcoffeex

We KNOW we cant trust anything said by SUcks xwhistlex

McNeese75
September 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Nobody never we didn't have fans in LC. xlolx xlolx xlolx We are not going to save your athletic budget xlolx . SU football is head and shoulders above that shat in LC. 1. You have no AD, and no money to hire one xlolx . 2. Our budget is double, maybe triple yours. 3. Were in the top 3 fanbases in fcs. 4. Traditon, mcneice has none. 5. Our gear can be found around the country. 6. We have several games on National TV. 7. Our 15 million dollar field house is going to put us on another level(Oh yea, trees are being removed) I could go on and on xlolx .

SU = GREAT Football program but crappy Football Team xnodx Are you sure that "Fieldhouse" is not really the band hall?

Funny, I have never seen any SU gear outside of BR and that was at Walmart xrotatehx (and before you try and flatter yourself, I am sure I travel around the country as much as you do)

Whatever xcoffeex

Somebody lock this POS thread

FormerPokeCenter
September 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I could go on and on xlolx .

And you usually do, without ever actually saying anything...

FormerPokeCenter
September 6th, 2007, 09:08 PM
SU football is head and shoulders above that shat in LC.

Our budget is double, maybe triple yours.

Whoa!!! Somebody needs to change Lacundah's litter box because you're so used to smelling shat you're starting to talk it.....?

If y'all are "head and shoulders above" what's in Lake Charles, then I have three questions for you:

1.) "Why did you get beat by 3 scores by the worst team in McNeese history"
2.) "Why you skeered to come get some more of the beat down you know you got coming?
3.) "When you gonna stop running from us, SDSU and that other school that beat you like you stole somethin?

If you'all have twice, maybe three times our athletic budget, I have two questions for you:

1.) Why don't you have the ability to be competitive?
2.) When you gonna start looking like a quality program?

If y'all really got all that money laying around, y'all should go buy yourselves some testicles so you can start acting like men...xcoffeex xcoffeex

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 6th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Funny, I have never seen any SU gear outside of BR and that was at Walmart xrotatehx Whatever xcoffeex

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Who said Walmart. Im talking Footlocker, Champs, and Steve and Berry. I have saw SU gear in Jackson, Mobile, Tallahesse, Birmingham, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and DC. Some of my friends have saw SU gear in Miami and New York.

McNeese72
September 6th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Nobody never we didn't have fans in LC. xlolx xlolx xlolx We are not going to save your athletic budget xlolx . SU football is head and shoulders above that shat in LC. 1. You have no AD, and no money to hire one xlolx . 2. Our budget is double, maybe triple yours. 3. Were in the top 3 fanbases in fcs. 4. Traditon, mcneice has none. 5. Our gear can be found around the country. 6. We have several games on National TV. 7. Our 15 million dollar field house is going to put us on another level(Oh yea, trees are being removed) I could go on and on xlolx .

There you go again shooting your mouth off without any facts to back them up.

You need to make a trip to the Louisiana Legislative Auditor's website. You know, that website where the Louisiana Legilative Auditor has a database of all the audits they do of public agencies. They actually have audits of the State's university athletic departments.

If you go there you will find that for the last audited year ending on June 30th 2006 McNeese had a total athletic budget of $5,164,414 while Southern's total athletic budget was $6,140,431. Hardly three times much less twice that of McNeese's.

Now, if you want to talk football which is the focus on this messageboard. McNeese had expenditures of $1,712,273 while taking in revenues of $2,005,887. Southern had expendiures of $1,481,537 while taking in revenues of $1,917,566. (and yes, Southern's numbers include the revenue from the Bayou Classic-check the audit if you don't believe me).

Where is your evidence that your athletic budget is double maybe triple of ours?

We aren't looking for you to save our budget. We can make it without you. We are just looking for you to do the honorable thing and schedule to play the second half of the home and home agreement. But honor seems to be a foreign word for most Southern fans.

Doc

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 6th, 2007, 10:24 PM
[/B]

Whoa!!! Somebody needs to change Lacundah's litter box because you're so used to smelling shat you're starting to talk it.....?

If y'all are "head and shoulders above" what's in Lake Charles, then I have three questions for you:

1.) "Why did you get beat by 3 scores by the worst team in McNeese history" BECAUSE SU LOST 20 some players in the weeks leading up to the game because of Grades.
2.) "Why you skeered to come get some more of the beat down you know you got coming?We are not giving a home game up to please yall. If Katrina wouldn't have came, the game would have been played. 3.) "When you gonna stop running from us, SDSU and that other school that beat you like you stole somethin?

If you'all have twice, maybe three times our athletic budget, I have two questions for you:

1.) Why don't you have the ability to be competitive?We are. Every program has a couple of down years.2.) When you gonna start looking like a quality program?
according to this we are http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/rankings/all_time_team_rankings.php. We are in the top 100 programs of all time. Where's mc neice xlolx
xlolx xlolx

McNeese75
September 6th, 2007, 10:31 PM
xlolx xlolx

Your so full of it, your eyes have to be brown xlolx

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 6th, 2007, 10:34 PM
There you go again shooting your mouth off without any facts to back them up.

You need to make a trip to the Louisiana Legislative Auditor's website. You know, that website where the Louisiana Legilative Auditor has a database of all the audits they do of public agencies. They actually have audits of the State's university athletic departments.

If you go there you will find that for the last audited year ending on June 30th 2006 McNeese had a total athletic budget of $5,164,414 while Southern's total athletic budget was $6,140,431. Hardly three times much less twice that of McNeese's.

Now, if you want to talk football which is the focus on this messageboard. McNeese had expenditures of $1,712,273 while taking in revenues of $2,005,887. Southern had expendiures of $1,481,537 while taking in revenues of $1,917,566. (and yes, Southern's numbers include the revenue from the Bayou Classic-check the audit if you don't believe me).

Where is your evidence that your athletic budget is double maybe triple of ours?

We aren't looking for you to save our budget. We can make it without you. We are just looking for you to do the honorable thing and schedule to play the second half of the home and home agreement. But honor seems to be a foreign word for most Southern fans.

DocWhere's the link xlolx . Looks like you just made some numbers up xlolx , because SU gets WAY more than $1,917,566 from the Bayou Classic.

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 6th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Will continue later. I'll be back Monday. Have to get some sleep so I won't miss my flight to Chi-town tommorrow.

SU Jag
September 6th, 2007, 10:42 PM
McNeese it talking attendancexlolx xlolx xsmhx xsmhx

MACHIAVELLI
September 6th, 2007, 10:47 PM

We've been telling them that for years.

McNeese72
September 6th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Where's the link xlolx . Looks like you just made some numbers up xlolx , because SU gets WAY more than $1,917,566 from the Bayou Classic.

Yeah, you want me to do all the work for you. Didn't make anything up.

Southern's Budget link below, go to page 8 on the audit:

http://app1.lla.state.la.us/PublicReports.nsf/CE02F12F94B4ED7E8625732900777989/$FILE/000013C9.pdf

McNeese's Budget, check page 11 of the audit:

http://app1.lla.state.la.us/PublicReports.nsf/13D116329374431E862572740056FE0D/$FILE/00000A9A.pdf

After you look at it, come back and tell me if you still think I'm making numbers up.

Doc

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 6th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by BgJag
Is SOUTHERN the only team that didn't return a game with McNeese in the recent past?

Yes xnodx

McNeese75.......Research that now.........xreadx

McNeese_beat
September 6th, 2007, 11:18 PM
<<Nobody never we didn't have fans in LC.>>
This statement shows that you don't know what you are talking about. First of all, it doesn't make sense (read it). Second, I think you were trying to say that nobody ever said that Southern has no fans in Lake Charles. Take that up with your boy, is it BGJag? He said:
<<Just for your information about losing fans in Lake Charles. You can't lose what you don't have. There's less than 40 season book holders in the LC metro area.>>
Which is it?

<<We are not going to save your athletic budget>>
I don't think McNeese's athletic budget needs saving.

<<SU football is head and shoulders above that shat in LC.>>
That's why you can't stay on the field with the worst team in McNeese history. The week after McNeese smoked you, they got lit up by SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA, which was in its second year having a team. And the Mighty Southern Jags got beat by three scores AT HOME by THAT McNeese team. That is a sure sign of not just a bad, but a pathetic program.

<<1. You have no AD, and no money to hire one>>

Hey, you are halfway right there. McNeese doesn't have an AD, but get your facts straight on the second part. McNeese waited out the board of regents budget increase and will do the search at $104k (is that the right figure, McNeese fans?) after football season.

<< 2. Our budget is double, maybe triple yours.>>
Wrong. Audit shows they are pretty much the same. Bayou Classic saves your budget from being much less than McNeese's.

<<Traditon, mcneice has none.>>
LMAO. That's a joke, right? And here's a serious question for you: What tradition does Southern football have that doesn't directly involve the band. As far as I've always heard, Southern was the "other" SWAC school in Louisiana next to The Icon. Nothing more.

<<7. Our 15 million dollar field house is going to put us on another level>>
What, you'll finally be moving up to I-AA?

McNeese_beat
September 6th, 2007, 11:28 PM
xlolx xlolx
<<1.) "Why did you get beat by 3 scores by the worst team in McNeese history" BECAUSE SU LOST 20 some players in the weeks leading up to the game because of Grades.>>

Shhhhh!!! Don't give away your blueprint you stole from Prairie View on how to run down your football program. It's been working so well for your team so far...
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

McNeese72
September 6th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by BgJag

McNeese75.......Research that now.........xreadx

Read the string further down. They are the only one that I know of that didn't pay the cancellation of the contract penalty.

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Where's the link xlolx . Looks like you just made some numbers up xlolx , because SU gets WAY more than $1,917,566 from the Bayou Classic.

Try $600k apiece.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:zNPmDhAYPY4J:findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DXK/is_22_16/ai_58614848+%22Bayou+Classic%22+payout&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Man, doin all dat woik at de Bayou Classic and somebody else, most likely Cholly D. Whitman, takin home all de money. xnonox

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2007, 09:03 AM

You must not keep up with the news.....

Y'all get about $1.35 million apiece from the proceeds of the game and the sponsorship from State Farm.

Then, y'all turn around and PAY ONE MILLION DOLLARS a year to NBC to televise that shat.

That's right, NBC doesn't pay YOU to televise the game, Southern and Grambling BUY the airtime for Bayou Classic because, let's face it, the football product is so BAD that you HAVE to PAY SOMEBODY to air it.

You net about $350k after everything is said and done.

I thought y'all was supposed to be some shrewd bidness operators or something? It looks like Cholly D. Whitman done swindled y'all again. Y'all would be better off putting that shat on YOUTUBE and selling links to it on eBay.

Everybody else in the college football world GETS PAID to be on TV. Y'all so sorry y'all gotta pay for an INFOMERCIAL disguised as a football game....

Maybe y'all should hire Ron Popeil as your Head Coach. He can sell that inferior Cowardly Jag-o-matic football team for $19.95.

But wait, that's not all, if you pay extra shipping and handling he'll send you a copy of a standard contract the Cowardly Jag-o-matics don't intend to honor.

Act now, Supplies are limited....

jstate83
September 7th, 2007, 09:36 AM
LOL, y'all ain't in this thread because everybody knows that Y'ALL are gonna get Delta back on the schedule to try to get even. That's what grown men do ;)

xlolx
As soon as Delta State left Memorial winners, everybody there knew that more than a rematch is in order.
They got about a 4 game series of arse kicking's comming in Memorial.
They working on it now.

Clarion Ledger, Sept 7, 2007................JSU SPORTS
Tigers AD open to DSU rematch

Jackson State athletic director Bob Braddy said he would "absolutely consider" playing Delta State again next season, despite a 27-15 loss to the Division II team on Saturday at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium.

On top of the loss, Jackson State also paid Delta State $25,000 to make the short trip to Jackson for the game.

"We think it's a really good game, but we'll have to sit down with Delta State's athletic director (Jeremy McClain) and see what we want to do," Braddy said. "We were disappointed, but not embarrassed to lose to Delta State because we know they've got a quality football program."

Braddy said the only drawback on Saturday had nothing to do with the product on the field. Instead, it was a small Delta State crowd following that appeared to be less than 1,000 people.

The announced attendance for the game was 12,667.

McClain said he thought the Statesmen fans would travel better in the future.

"I think some of our fans kind of had a 'wait and see' approach," McClain said. "But I think once this builds into a bigger rivalry, it'll be a great game for both teams."

Panther88
September 7th, 2007, 09:43 AM
<<1.) "Why did you get beat by 3 scores by the worst team in McNeese history" BECAUSE SU LOST 20 some players in the weeks leading up to the game because of Grades.>>

Shhhhh!!! Don't give away your blueprint you stole from Prairie View on how to run down your football program. It's been working so well for your team so far...
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Why is the PV name in this argument? Southern is NOT spelled "Prairie View." xconfusedx

The jags are some big boys and can handle their own quite nicely. lol Carry on.

lizrdgizrd
September 7th, 2007, 09:47 AM
xlolx
As soon as Delta State left Memorial winners, everybody there knew that more than a rematch is in order.
They got about a 4 game series of arse kicking's comming in Memorial.
They working on it now.

Clarion Ledger, Sept 7, 2007................JSU SPORTS
Tigers AD open to DSU rematch

Jackson State athletic director Bob Braddy said he would "absolutely consider" playing Delta State again next season, despite a 27-15 loss to the Division II team on Saturday at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium.

On top of the loss, Jackson State also paid Delta State $25,000 to make the short trip to Jackson for the game.

"We think it's a really good game, but we'll have to sit down with Delta State's athletic director (Jeremy McClain) and see what we want to do," Braddy said. "We were disappointed, but not embarrassed to lose to Delta State because we know they've got a quality football program."

Braddy said the only drawback on Saturday had nothing to do with the product on the field. Instead, it was a small Delta State crowd following that appeared to be less than 1,000 people.

The announced attendance for the game was 12,667.

McClain said he thought the Statesmen fans would travel better in the future.

"I think some of our fans kind of had a 'wait and see' approach," McClain said. "But I think once this builds into a bigger rivalry, it'll be a great game for both teams."
Any time you can build a good rivalry with a nearby team is a great! Love to see the visitor attendance go up for the next game. xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Why is the PV name in this argument? Southern is NOT spelled "Prairie View." xconfusedx

Yeah, but big boys ain't supposed to be skurd xlolx

I've seen more manly behaviour outta females pledging [SIZE = "4"]AKA.

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2007, 09:51 AM

I've seen more manly behaviour outta females pledging AKA.

Panther88
September 7th, 2007, 10:16 AM

xlolx

*logging off!*

McNeese_beat
September 7th, 2007, 10:34 AM

Actually, you guys have done a good job turning the program around...I was more referencing the 80s-90s era when you were going through the lean years. If Southern keeps down its path, it can be an annual 2-9 team before long.
You can't have years where 20 players are academically ineligible.
You can't let a whole region of a state (not just the fans of an opposing team) think you are scared to play a particular game.
You can't let one weekend out of the season, Thanksgiving, define your whole program.

Right now Southern has lost credibility in the southwestern corner of its own state. Meanwhile, you guys are making it tougher for them to go into Houston and get players (now if TSU can get its act together). And Grambling made what looks like a great hire in Broadway. It's tough to recruit in Louisiana. You have 11 D-I schools. Southeastern kicked everybody's butt (below the LSU level) in recruiting last year. The window of opportunity take advantage of McNeese's turmoil is closed. With that kind of competition, who in the world would do something like not finish a home-and-home against a state rival, thus creating the impression, fair or not, that you are scared of that rival?

Doesn't bode well for Southern's program.

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2007, 10:47 AM
You can't have years where 20 players are academically ineligible.

The truth of the matter is that Southern probably had that many academically ineligible players EVERY year, but had that assistant registrar in the front office selling grades, remember?

My timing may be off, but didn't they catch the grade selling scam the year before they had the 20 ineligible players?

Looks kinda slimey if you ask me....

EDIT:

Yep, the grade selling was discovered in 2003. Then, in 2004, SUDDENLY there are 20 Jaguars academically ineligible? Coincidence, right?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0LSH/is_5_7/ai_n6038129

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DXK/is_5_21/ai_n6146611

gram4life
September 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
You must not keep up with the news.....

Y'all get about $1.35 million apiece from the proceeds of the game and the sponsorship from State Farm.

Then, y'all turn around and PAY ONE MILLION DOLLARS a year to NBC to televise that shat.

That's right, NBC doesn't pay YOU to televise the game, Southern and Grambling BUY the airtime for Bayou Classic because, let's face it, the football product is so BAD that you HAVE to PAY SOMEBODY to air it.

You net about $350k after everything is said and done.

I thought y'all was supposed to be some shrewd bidness operators or something? It looks like Cholly D. Whitman done swindled y'all again. Y'all would be better off putting that shat on YOUTUBE and selling links to it on eBay.

Everybody else in the college football world GETS PAID to be on TV. Y'all so sorry y'all gotta pay for an INFOMERCIAL disguised as a football game....

Maybe y'all should hire Ron Popeil as your Head Coach. He can sell that inferior Cowardly Jag-o-matic football team for $19.95.

But wait, that's not all, if you pay extra shipping and handling he'll send you a copy of a standard contract the Cowardly Jag-o-matics don't intend to honor.

Act now, Supplies are limited....

I can't speak for Southern but I know for fact we (GSU) net more than $350,000 for this game. We buy the airtime and sell the commericals airtime because we net more this way. This is between you and Southern.

Za-KEE-uS
September 7th, 2007, 11:55 AM

xflaggedx wow

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2007, 12:10 PM
I can't speak for Southern but I know for fact we (GSU) net more than $350,000 for this game. We buy the airtime and sell the commericals airtime because we net more this way. This is between you and Southern.

Listen, we talked smack with Grambling a few years back, but the fact of the matter is we have the utmost respect for Grambling's program. You guys do everything people expect a quality program to do. You show up, you play hard, you honor your agreements and you conduct yourselves in good faith.

Moreover, the Bayou Classic is a beautiful Gramblingite concept (the late but brilliant Collie Nicholson) and the payout from the paid attendance is phenomenal.

However, it's a pity your opponent in that game can't do anything other than ride your coattails to establish name recognition on their own.

The sad thing is that if you took Grambling's Bayou Classic out of the equation, the name brand recognition you'd get from just searching for information on Southern is headlines about people dying because of thuggish behaviour near the stadium, scandals from grade and degree buying and headlines in the Morning Advocate about how much money Southern spends to have the Bayou Classic televised.

I just get tired of hearing all the gums being smacked about finances, from Southern, when the reality of the matter is that the numbers being bandied about aren't anywhere near what they're portrayed as being.

Saying that Southern's football programs take in millions, but can only put the sorry product on the field that we've come to expect from Southern is kinda like me saying that I put a set of $4,000 rims on my 1982 Yugo.

Sure, you can dress up a pig and make it look like a thoroughbred, but wouldn't it be easier to spend that money on buying a damn horse?

Where's all this revenue money going for Southern? It sure ain't in the product on the field.

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 7th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Read the string further down. They are the only one that I know of that didn't pay the cancellation of the contract penalty.

Doc

That they are.....

Technically