PDA

View Full Version : Definite Playoff Appearance Now?

ASU_Chad
September 2nd, 2007, 07:02 PM
Since we have this win, do you think that even if we went 7-4 we would make the playoffs? (Barring a loss to DII L-R)

FCSFAN
September 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
no

four losses with this schedule "(Barring a loss to DII L-R)" would leave you on the outside with only six D-I wins unless you get the AQ.

ASU_Chad
September 2nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Forgot that L-R wouldn't count. Wish we would stop scheduling them DII's

soweagle
September 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
No, but you might get a bowl invitation.:D

blukeys
September 2nd, 2007, 07:42 PM
No, but you might get a bowl invitation.:D

Agreed Motor City Bowl will be looking for someone to play WesternMichigan.

skinny_uncle
September 2nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Since we have this win, do you think that even if we went 7-4 we would make the playoffs? (Barring a loss to DII L-R)
I don't think it will become an issue. If you finish 7-4 after getting off to a start like that do you deserve to be in the playoffs?
xsmhx

ngineer
September 2nd, 2007, 07:45 PM

No way...If you go 7-4, then much amunition that this was a fluke. Playoffs are achieved in November, not September.

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
How about if you go 11-0 and get a bowl invitation? A smart bowl who needs 25-30,000 fans to attend a game might very well invite ASU.

Jerbearasu
September 2nd, 2007, 08:27 PM
How about if you go 11-0 and get a bowl invitation? A smart bowl who needs 25-30,000 fans to attend a game might very well invite ASU.

Playoff teams are not bowl eligible...

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
Playoff teams are not bowl eligible...

Is that in fact now an NCAA rule? I didn't realize that.

jonmac
September 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
Ok, we Mountaineers can bask in this win for a couple more days and then it's got to be back to business, win 'em all. Of course we will always remember this game but this win does not make our season. And it really sets us up for failure, but I'm still WAY glad we won. And remember, if we can beat Michigan then any team on our schedule can beat us, and the know that too. So, our work is definitely cut out for us.

GO APPS!!!!