Central Arkansas @ Northwestern St
Southern Arkansas @ Nicholls
Stephen F Austin @ North Dakota St

TT's Predictions
OOC Record: 5-3
SLC Record: 0-0
Overall Record: 5-3

SE Louisiana @ Kansas - Kansas by 10
Southeastern is going to give them a scare. Kansas is not a great team by any means, but playing back to back FBS games is going to be tough.

Abilene Christian @ Texas State - TxSt by 27
The Bobcats are full of energy after their win over Cal Poly (a nice SLC win at that). I see the Bobcats starting off slow before by George, they win by 27.

Arkansas - Monticello @ Sam Houston State - SHSU by 30
Sam Houston State feels they have a lot to prove after last week. The offense is going to put up atleast 40 points and win by 30. UAM did not fare well last week against Div II competition.

Central Arkansas @ Northwestern St - NWST by 7
Central Arkansas is tough, but this game is at NWST. The Demons are going to have it close with the Bears, but the fourth quarter will see Stoker's bunch take the game.

Southern Arkansas @ Nicholls - Nich by 15
Nicholls is not a team that I think can blow out an opponent. They are a good team and better than folks give them credit for, but I do not see them winning by more than 15.

Stephen F Austin @ North Dakota St - NDSU by 17
I want this win for the SLC and will hope SHSU can get it the following week, but the Bison are the picks to win. SFA was less than stellar against Div II Tarleton St and now they are going into the opener for one of the top five teams in the nation, YIKES!

patssle
September 2nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
I agree with all of them.

slycat
September 2nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
ill agree too. these games seem easy to pick with the uca-nwst game being hte toughest. like you said though its at nwst so advantage demons.

Retro
September 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Kansas beat the snot out of Central Michigan yesterday, who was the MAC champion last year, so i believe kansas is much improved and will likely roll over SELA..

GeauxLions94
September 2nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
Kansas beat the snot out of Central Michigan yesterday, who was the MAC champion last year, so i believe kansas is much improved and will likely roll over SELA..

Thanks for reminding us xoopsx. KU had two guys rush for over 100 yards while they had over 500 yards total offense against CMU.

Dallas Demon
September 2nd, 2007, 10:08 PM
I agree with all of your picks, however Kansas will beat SLU by at least 28, Northwestern will beat UCA by 14+, and I think both the Sam and Texas St. games will be a little closer.

TheValleyRaider
September 2nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
I didn't do too poorly for the first week. 4-4 isn't a bad showing for a non-SLC guy, I think. Might as well keep this up.

SE Louisiana at Kansas Kansas Big XII also-rans a bit better than WAC also-rans

Abilene Christian at Texas State Texas State Bobcats might get pushed after last weeks big win, but they'll start 2-0

Arkansas - Monticello at Sam Houston State Sam Houston State Bomar continues to settle in and the Kats continue to improve

Central Arkansas at Northwestern State Northwestern State Demons rally themselves after last weeks disappointing loss, win a purple-clad game

Southern Arkansas at Nicholls State Nicholls State Colonels avoid what we'll call the "Chadron Trap"

Stephen F. Austin at North Dakota State North Dakota State Bison rested and ready to pick up where they left off last season

xpeacex

katstrapper
September 2nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
Sounds as if SFA has some injury problems with the #1 and #2 RB's going down with injuries. That game should give SHSU and idea of what NDSU is about in 2007.

NSUDemon98
September 2nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
I didn't do too poorly for the first week. 4-4 isn't a bad showing for a non-SLC guy, I think. Might as well keep this up.

SE Louisiana at Kansas Kansas Big XII also-rans a bit better than WAC also-rans

Abilene Christian at Texas State Texas State Bobcats might get pushed after last weeks big win, but they'll start 2-0

Arkansas - Monticello at Sam Houston State Sam Houston State Bomar continues to settle in and the Kats continue to improve

Central Arkansas at Northwestern State Northwestern State Demons rally themselves after last weeks disappointing loss, win a purple-clad game

Southern Arkansas at Nicholls State Nicholls State Colonels avoid what we'll call the "Chadron Trap"

Stephen F. Austin at North Dakota State North Dakota State Bison rested and ready to pick up where they left off last season

xpeacex

Uhhhhh, Northwestern State won 41-6. xrulesx

Also, Southern Arkansas is absolutley terrible AND Div. II. On Nicholls' worst night will win by 21 pts.

McTailGator
September 2nd, 2007, 10:33 PM
Open Date holds the Cowboys scoreless. (;

TheValleyRaider
September 2nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Uhhhhh, Northwestern State won 41-6. xrulesx

Also, Southern Arkansas is absolutley terrible AND Div. II. On Nicholls' worst night will win by 21 pts.

xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xdohx xdohx xdohx :o :o :o

Don't know where I got that from. On the bright side, that means I went 5-3 in the first week xnodx

Still taking the Demons at home xcoolx

NSUDemon98
September 2nd, 2007, 10:35 PM
xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xdohx xdohx xdohx :o :o :o

Don't know where I got that from. On the bright side, that means I went 5-3 in the first week xnodx

Still taking the Demons at home xcoolx

LOL!!!

I got the Demons in this one too.

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 2nd, 2007, 11:51 PM
i'll pick all the home teams except NWSt. maybe UCA can pull it off.

I think one road team will win (and i hope to GOD it isn't ACU!)

BobcatSymphony
September 3rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
SELA v. Kansas: I'll take Kansas on this one. SELA will want to throw all over and sneak in the good runs, but Kansas will pull out the win. Kansas had big numbers this weekend so look out SELA.

ACU v. TxSt: Texas State gets my vote this weekend. The 'Cats will be coming off a big win at home against Cal Poly with only one injury that didn't appear to be too serious. ACU is a good DII program, but the 'Cats won't let it get as close as other DII games have been.

Ark-Mont v. SHSU: The 'Kats will take this home easily. Too much confusion as to why the on field performance of key players didn't reflect on the scoreboard will cause this team to come out firing. Look for a very good game from Bomar.

UCA v. NWSt: Hard to tell. I think NWSt is the initial favorite on most minds, but I really like UCA and hope they get their first SLC win.

SoArk v. Nicholls: Nicholls all the way. Coming off a big win at Rice fuels the Colonels to steam past SoArk.

SFA v. NDSU: SFA comes off a loss to a DII team and wants to prove something. However, limited depth in key positions makes the offense one dimensional. NDSU takes the game.

McNeese: Gets to be the fat guy on the couch waiting for SLC scores this week xthumbsupx

Bearman88
September 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
I agree with all but one of TT's picks. UCA makes a tremendous improvement on special teams by next Saturday and gets past the Demons. The Bears gave the game away at La. Tech. It doesn't matter who you play, you lose when you turn the ball over 4 times inside your own 30 yrd line, give the opponent 150 yards of return yardage and turn the ball over 2 more time inside the red zone. Even when you have 28 first downs and 480 yards of total offense and the opponent has 13 first downs and 260 yards of total offense, you still lose when you make these kind of errors. The Bears are very young but very talented and much better than a 28-7 loss to La. Tech would indicate. Conque fixes the special team problems. Bears win at NW.St. 38-31

The Nicholls State - SAU game will not be close. It could get ugly quick. Last year UCA hung 35 on SAU in the 1st quarter.

Freightliner
September 3rd, 2007, 02:23 PM
SE Louisiana @ Kansas - this one will be over by the half

Abilene Christian @ Texas State - Turnovers on offense and special teams mistakes will be rectified in this one. Coach Wright will have the Bobcat Defense thinking "shut-out".

Arkansas - Monticello @ Sam Houston State - Kats have A LOT of things to prove in this game before heading up to Bison Country (NDSU). This one will be a rout for the Kats.

Central Arkansas @ Northwestern St - Game of the week I think in the SLC - Conference opener for UCA, and a chance for the Demons to go 2-0. Once again, youth(UCA) vs experience (NWST)...Experience and a good home crowd will give the Demons the "W"

Southern Arkansas @ Nicholls - Coach Thomas will not let the Colonels have letdown after the win against Rice - NSU "runs" away with this one.

Stephen F Austin @ North Dakota St - The Bison are for real (and have been for the last few years) and now they get to participate in the playoffs. A banged up and demoralized SFA (losing to Tarleton (DII) @ home) gets the honor of being NDSU's first victim. This one could get ugly.

McNeese Vs Open - Fouroux throws 6 TD passes and is also picked off 4 times and fumbles twice in the McNeese blowout. Stephen Whitehead debut's as the backup QB in the 4th Quarter.

xrulesx Freightliner's Record xrulesx
OOC- 6-2
SLC- 0-0
Overall- 6-2

NSUDemon98
September 3rd, 2007, 02:29 PM
Games This Week:
SE Louisiana @ Kansas
Abilene Christian @ Texas State
Arkansas - Monticello @ Sam Houston State
Central Arkansas @ Northwestern St

TT's Predictions
OOC Record: 5-3
SLC Record: 0-0
Overall Record: 5-3

SE Louisiana @ Kansas - Kansas by 10
Southeastern is going to give them a scare. Kansas is not a great team by any means, but playing back to back FBS games is going to be tough.

Abilene Christian @ Texas State - TxSt by 27
The Bobcats are full of energy after their win over Cal Poly (a nice SLC win at that). I see the Bobcats starting off slow before by George, they win by 27.

Arkansas - Monticello @ Sam Houston State - SHSU by 30
Sam Houston State feels they have a lot to prove after last week. The offense is going to put up atleast 40 points and win by 30. UAM did not fare well last week against Div II competition.

Central Arkansas @ Northwestern St - NWST by 7
Central Arkansas is tough, but this game is at NWST. The Demons are going to have it close with the Bears, but the fourth quarter will see Stoker's bunch take the game.

Southern Arkansas @ Nicholls - Nich by 15
Nicholls is not a team that I think can blow out an opponent. They are a good team and better than folks give them credit for, but I do not see them winning by more than 15.

Stephen F Austin @ North Dakota St - NDSU by 17
I want this win for the SLC and will hope SHSU can get it the following week, but the Bison are the picks to win. SFA was less than stellar against Div II Tarleton St and now they are going into the opener for one of the top five teams in the nation, YIKES!

Winners in bold:

SE Louisiana @ Kansas - Kansas by 21 pts
Abilene Christian @ Texas State
Arkansas - Monticello @ Sam Houston State
Central Arkansas @ Northwestern St - This is probably the best matchup of all the SLC games this week. I think this will be NSU's break-out game and will take UCA and their fans down a notch.
Stephen F Austin @ North Dakota St - It seems every time the SLC plays a team from the corn-fed states[Dakotas, UNI, Montana] we get slapped around.

JoshUCA
September 3rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
SELA @ Kansas-I think this will be a blow out.
ACU @ TX State- Should be another blow out, but don't overlook ACU, they are building a strong program
UAM @ SHS- blow out
UCA @ Nw State- This is far and away the best game of the week...I am glad they are broadcasting it on the internet. I think UCA will show alot of heart in the game and it will be a very close and hard fought game. If I go with my brain...I think the fact that it is a home game for Nw State gives them the edge in a 41-38 shootout. However, if I go with my heart I think UCA will pull it together and win 35-28.
SAU @ Nicholls-blow out
SFA @ NDSU-blow out

Ender
September 5th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Pretty easy picks this week.

SELA @ Kansas Kansas has up and down years, but even in a down year I would look for them to pull it off. Given last weeks performance it shouldn't be too close

ACU @ TX State ACU has a good program on the rise, but not good enough. Could be closer than we would like but I think it will be a 3 touchdown lead or more at the end

UAM @ SHS UAM pleads no contest

UCA @ Nw State Close one, but I give UCA the edge. After shooting themselves in the foot last week, they bounce back with a vengeance.

SAU @ Nicholls Nicholls state wins by a considerable margin, somewhere around 35-3

SFA @ NDSU bye bye SFA, good luck and all, but I can't see this even being close. Even Sam, who has a much better team, will have a lot of trouble with the #4 Bisons.
Dan

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Seems like we all got pretty similar picks with the SLC conference opening game between Central Arkansas and Northwestern State being the game that we're all scratching our head about -- which makes sense, since we really have no clue how these teams will do after last week's results against teams from outside the subdivision.

Anyone else want to get their predictions in and be 'on the record'? Good luck to all teams today...

BEAR
September 8th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I have to pick UCA in our game. Even though UCA is extremely young, I can't see another game with 6 TOs. That was a freak situation and if it happens again this game....it's gonna be a long year....very long. :( xlolx

JohnStOnge
September 8th, 2007, 09:35 AM
I agree with all of your picks, however Kansas will beat SLU by at least 28, Northwestern will beat UCA by 14+, and I think both the Sam and Texas St. games will be a little closer.

A lot of uncertainty with this one but I'm going to pick UCA to win by 4. I'm very impressed by what they did statistically last week vs. Louisiana Tech. I guess we'll learn more this week but I'd be nervous about UCA if they were playing McNeese this week. I think they may be pretty good...pretty good at moving the football and pretty stout on defense.

GeauxLions94
September 8th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Games This Week:
SE Louisiana @ Kansas - Thanks to those who think we can stay in it for a half ... hope that Central Michigan is just bad this year xprayx
Abilene Christian @ Texas State - George to have a field day, Cats win big
Arkansas - Monticello @ Sam Houston State - UAM keeps it close ... for a quarter
Central Arkansas @ Northwestern St - most competitive game of the week ... Demons by 7
Southern Arkansas @ Nicholls - this one was over when the ink dryed on the contract
Stephen F Austin @ North Dakota St - NDSU wins big

BEAR
September 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Playing in the SLC reminds me of playing in the GSC. Parity and games you just don't know how they will turn out. I believe, as much as I am a Bear fan, that if we played McNeese this early in the year that we would be beaten. We play McNeese as the last game of the year and by then will we be injury ridden or will we finally have our game faces on and give the McGator's favorite team a good run for their money. I am glad to be in the SLC and this year the SLC will have a very very strong conference! xthumbsupx

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 8th, 2007, 11:23 AM
i predict Zwinggi, Canady, and Bush will have another big day on the ground.

McNeese75
September 8th, 2007, 11:32 AM
SE Louisiana @ Kansas Tough one for the Lions
Abilene Christian @ Texas State This one should be over quickly
Arkansas - Monticello @ Sam Houston State The Kats better take care of this one easily or its going to be a long season
Central Arkansas @ Northwestern St Demons by 2 tds at home
Southern Arkansas @ Nicholls Triple O will roll
If the Jacks were healthy this could be a good game but with the injuries and playing in Fargo I have to go with the Bison by 14.

McNeese - Laying in the tall grass, licking their chops and thinking about the Rajun Cajuns xnodx

Bearkatpresident
September 8th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I can see why Coach Witten wanted to play consevativly and under the radar against Angelo. (There were people in the stands with deep Southern Louisiana accents) Plus it was on the web.

However, fans & even the community has given the AD so much greif over the last game that I think you'll see much more aggressive playcalling

JohnStOnge
September 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Central Arkansas' performance against Louisiana Tech looks pretty good right now. I'm watching on TV and Tech is physically mauling Hawaii. 14-0 Tech right now and Hawaii doesn't have a first down yet because they can't get the ball back (can't stop Tech's running game).

Don't know if it'll keep up by Hawaii is really getting a physical whipping on the line of scrimmage both ways so far.

Bear Fan 101
September 8th, 2007, 07:12 PM
TOUCHDOWN UCA!

1 play 35 yard TD pass from Nathan Brown to Marquez Branson

21-7 UCA!!! 4:18 left in 2nd qtr

Our Defense is taking their run game out and attempting to make their QBs throw to beat us. Our QB is 7-8 112 yards and a TD in the first half. The things that was UCA's bugaboo last week, have been corrected tonight,...so far. 1st and ten UCA at the NWST 11 with 2:54 in the 2nd Qtr.