PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 11, Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
November 8th, 2021, 12:43 PM
With two weeks left, there are an amazing number of conferences races up for grabs and cases to be made for at-large bids. Here is the slate for Week 11:

#3 James Madison @ #26 William & Mary - Dukes trying to maintain path to #2 seed, Tribe trying to maintain relevance and playoff spot.

#4 South Dakota State @ #18 South Dakota - Coyotes coming out party or relegation to bubble?

#8 Eastern Washington @ #6 UC Davis - Eagles finishing their three game gauntlet hoping to knock the Aggies out of Big Sky title contention.

#19 Northern Iowa @ #11 Missouri State - A repeat of spring could mean the end for the Panthers...and a seed for the Bears?

Portland State @ #13 Sac State - Vikings were season-enders last week, can they play spoiler again?

#17 Incarnate Word @ #32 Nicholls - Has everybody heard, about the Word? Word, Word, Word...Word is the Bird. Cardinals could secure Southland, while the Colonels could muddy it up greatly.

#20 Chattanooga @ #24 Mercer - Winner controls their own destiny for the SoCon title.

#29 Holy Cross @ Fordham - Same as above. Winner controls their own destiny for the Patriot title...and the precious auto-bid.

Delaware @ Richmond - Hens left for dead, but with victory, would have the opportunity to play themselves into the playoffs.

Mfergy4
November 8th, 2021, 02:59 PM
The SDSU vs USD game holds the biggest ramifications for both teams. A SDSU loss means no seed to the Jacks, relegated to Thanksgiving play, and a play-off game for the USD 'Yotes. A SDSU win and SDSU has good chance of a seeded berth for SDSU, and Bubbles and prayers for the USD team to make the play-offs.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Give the PL some love! If nothings else, FCS fans around the country should be pulling for HC to win. Otherwise, as horrific as the league has been a 2 bid PL is quite possible....xnodxxlolx

Chalupa Batman
November 8th, 2021, 06:22 PM
I went with Holy Cross/Fordham because that will be a big game for teams on the playoff bubble as HC has a decent shot at an at-large bid should Fordham win. Right behind was EWU/UC Davis, and then Chatty/Mercer and UNI/MSU are big games with playoff implications for both teams as well.

HensRock
November 9th, 2021, 12:26 PM
I was really surprised to see Delaware @ Richmond on the list.
Thanks for throwing us a bone, PWO.
But not surprised to see that none have voted for that one. I voted for EWU @ UCD.

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2021, 01:37 PM
But not surprised to see that none have voted for that one. I voted for EWU @ UCD.

HR, if Hens beat Richmond, (imagine if in big red flashing font) the Nova game suddenly become Rocco’s second favorite word

Relevant

will be interesting to see if he plays to win or goes back to Rip Van Rocco ball on defense

Preferred Walk-On
November 9th, 2021, 02:34 PM

This game just (barely) bumped Prairie View A&M @ Alcorn State, mostly because Delaware has shown some signs of life (or William & Mary is just that bad)...so much so, that if they were to beat Richmond and Villanova, they would be 7-4 and would warrant consideration for an at-large. Of course, Rhode Island has the H2H with Delaware (and can still finish 8-3), so it is possible that unless the CAA gets 4 teams in, Delaware might still be on the outside looking in, but xdontknowx.

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2021, 03:25 PM
.........SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE @ SOUFF DAKOTAH COOD BE INTERESTIN'.....DO JACKS....HAVE 'NUFF IN TANK....TA FIGHT OFF...FRISKY YOTES?...........BRAWK!

HensRock
November 9th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Delaware has shown some signs of life (or William & Mary is just that bad)...

I could not believe how bad the Tribe looked last Saturday. They are rather 1-dimensional with the run. We pressured their QB (very uncharacteristic for us this season) and they fell apart. I have no idea how that team beat Villanova. JMU will get after them this weekend. Watch that game for a read on the true W&M. If my hunch is right, JMU will curb stomp 'em.

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2021, 05:40 PM
I could not believe how bad the Tribe looked last Saturday. They are rather 1-dimensional with the run. We pressured their QB (very uncharacteristic for us this season) and they fell apart. I have no idea how that team beat Villanova. JMU will get after them this weekend. Watch that game for a read on the true W&M. If my hunch is right, JMU will curb stomp 'em.

A perfect storm for the Tribe

Delaware got every break

Mary strong run game shut down hard, Lefty QB had a rough day.
London didn’t do much to adjust, more stubborn than Rocco?

We find out how stubborn Rocco is on Saturday and I bet he will go back to the read and react D and get beat by his old team