Davidson Wildcats

North Dakota Fighting Hawks

Most Significant Win:
Montana State Bobcats

Most Significant Loss:
Northern Iowa Panthers

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2021, 11:36 AM
This week's poll article: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-poll-week-10-top-25-results-3/

Gonna put my homer hat on for the criticism of this one but I think there's a lot of recency bias playing into SDSU and JMU being ranked above NDSU. Yes, SDSU beat NDSU last week but they're still below them in the conference standings. Compare JMU and NDSU's resume's side-by-side and the only reason I can see for JMU being ranked above NDSU is the fact that NDSU's loss is more recent.

On another note this was (I believe) the 250th release of the AGS Poll in it's history.

atthewbon
November 8th, 2021, 11:39 AM
Here was my crack at it:

1: Sam Houston Bearkats
2: Montana State Bobcats
3: North Dakota State Bison
4: James Madison Dukes
5: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
6: Villanova Wildcats
7: UC Davis Aggies
8: Eastern Washington Eagles
9: Kennesaw State Owls
10: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
11: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
12: Southern Illinois Salukis
13: Montana Grizzlies
14: Sac State Hornets
15: Missouri State Bears
16: Incarnate Word Cardinals
17: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
18: Northern Iowa Panthers
19: South Dakota Coyotes
20: Jackson State Tigers
21: Dartmouth Big Green
22: Virginia Military Institute Keydets
23: Mercer Bears
24: Chattanooga Mocs
25: Princeton Tigers

Overall I feel pretty good about the top 8 teams (not necessarily the order but the top 8) after that it’s a mess. All 25 teams from my poll were in the AGS poll. I had UT Martin and Kennesaw higher than most voters and Missouri st and Montana a bit lower. Overall it looks like a good poll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2021, 11:39 AM
This is what I put together... I really struggled with UNI and was probably too generous with them but I kept going back to the fact that no team has a trio as wins as good as their top 3 wins are:

5: UC Davis Aggies
6: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
7: Eastern Washington Eagles
8: Villanova Wildcats
9: Missouri State Bears
10: Sac State Hornets
11: Southern Illinois Salukis
12: Montana Grizzlies
13: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
14: South Dakota Coyotes
15: Northern Iowa Panthers
16: Kennesaw State Owls
17: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
18: Incarnate Word Cardinals
19: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
20: Virginia Military Institute Keydets
21: Chattanooga Mocs
22: Jackson State Tigers
23: Dartmouth Big Green
24: Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks
25: Mercer Bears

Daytripper
November 8th, 2021, 11:42 AM
This week's poll article: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-poll-week-10-top-25-results-3/

Gonna put my homer hat on for the criticism of this one but I think there's a lot of recency bias playing into SDSU and JMU being ranked above NDSU. Yes, SDSU beat NDSU last week but they're still below them in the conference standings. Compare JMU and NDSU's resume's side-by-side and the only reason I can see for JMU being ranked above NDSU is the fact that NDSU's loss is more recent.

On another note this was (I believe) the 250th release of the AGS Poll in it's history.

I agree with you, Professor.

3: James Madison Dukes
4: Villanova Wildcats
5: North Dakota State Bison
10: Southern Illinois Salukis
11: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
12: Missouri State Bears
14: Montana Grizzlies
15: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
16: Sac State Hornets
17: South Dakota Coyotes
18: Chattanooga Mocs
19: Incarnate Word Cardinals
20: Northern Iowa Panthers
21: Mercer Bears
23: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
24: Holy Cross Crusaders
25: Dartmouth Big Green

atthewbon
November 8th, 2021, 11:42 AM

I agree on what you said about NDSU, I had them at 3 above JMU and SDSU. NDSU has a better resume that JMU or SDSU and although that’s not the only criteria it was enough to keep NDSU ahead for me.

nevadagriz
November 8th, 2021, 12:04 PM
Casual observation and question. Why no love for Sac st? Why soo much love for EWU (2 straight losses) can Montana crack the top five if they win out (including a win over no.2)?

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2021, 12:17 PM
Casual observation and question. Why no love for Sac st? Why soo much love for EWU (2 straight losses) can Montana crack the top five if they win out (including a win over no.2)?
I think Sac St is slightly under-ranked in the consensus but not too badly. They really should be switched up with Montana IMO. For EWU I couldn't drop them that low because they did only lose by 3 to the #2 team in my poll and their 2 losses were by a combined 4 points.

I don't know about top 5 but I certainly think Montana would be into the seeds if they finish 9-2. At least one of the group between UCD, EWU, and Sac St is going to drop down to 3 losses with their head-to-head matchups and maybe even two of them so they'd move ahead of whoever that is. Of course Montana St could still be the Big Sky auto in that scenario as well so who knows if Montana's head-to-head win would trump that when it comes to seeding? You should be a South Dakota Coyote fan the last two weeks since they'll have two chances to knock down teams that would be above a 9-2 Montana as well.

dewey
November 8th, 2021, 12:58 PM

Looks like PC responded but I think Montana would need a LOT of help to crack the top 5.

They would need JMU, SHSU, NDSU, MSU, Sacramento State and probably UC Davis to lose.

No impossible but highly unlikely.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
November 8th, 2021, 01:07 PM
I agree with you, Professor.

4: Villanova Wildcats
20: Northern Iowa Panthers
21: Mercer Bears
25: Dartmouth Big Green

consider Harvard over Holy Cross

Gil Dobie
November 8th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Still have Ivy's in the poll. At least Davidson has a good loss. Winless Albany just beat UNH.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2021, 01:15 PM
Still have Ivy's in the poll. At least Davidson has a good loss. Winless Albany just beat UNH.
Princeton was almost included by default. 61 points (barely over a point per poll ballot submitted) is probably the lowest point total for a team ranked in the AGS Top 25 for a long time (I know it's the fewest since at least 2016).

crusader11
November 8th, 2021, 01:20 PM
consider Harvard over Holy Cross

Agree. They totally dominated us. Not to mention, were screwed out of a win at Princeton.

caribbeanhen
November 8th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Agree. They totally dominated us. Not to mention, were screwed out of a win at Princeton.

exactly my thoughts

Dartmouth would rip Barbarasaw a new one

POD Knows
November 8th, 2021, 03:07 PM

SDSU is a better football team than NDSU. I don’t need bias to tell me that. They bitch slapped us in the spring and they bitch slapped us this past weekend.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2021, 03:24 PM
SDSU is a better football team than NDSU. I don’t need bias to tell me that. They bitch slapped us in the spring and they bitch slapped us this past weekend.
The spring should have basically no bearing at this point. If that game was a bitch slap then UNI bitch slapped SDSU two weeks ago yet no one is ranking them above SDSU.

POD Knows
November 8th, 2021, 03:39 PM
The spring should have basically no bearing at this point. If that game was a bitch slap then UNI bitch slapped SDSU two weeks ago yet no one is ranking them above SDSU.
Well if the spring doesn’t matter then why is SHSU #1. Of course it matters. I don’t care about UNI and SDSU, I watched the game this weekend, SDSU was/is a better team and they were a better team last spring as well. We got a gift of s schedule, our OOC was garbage. We got MSU at home, barely beat them and we got UNI at home. We limped through the UND game, should have lost, and we lost to SDSU. I don’t get the allure. I have watched NDSU football since the 70’s, I don’t know what we are seeing now. It we turn it around and win another Natty I will eat crow. No way this coaching staff will allow that to happen. It must be a competitive teams wet dream to game plan against the NDSU O. Am I wrong?

RabidRabbit
November 8th, 2021, 03:51 PM
NDSU has to lose again to NOT be the MVFC auto bid. SDSU now has an FBS and its first top 25 win. I didn't give UNI credit for their quality wins. Mea culpa. MT St is in the driver seat for the Big Sky, but Sac St can tie. IIRC, Sac St and MT St don't play. As of today, MO St is in 2nd by themselves at 5-2, while 3 teams USD, SDSU, SIU are 4-2 in MVFC play then UNI is in 6th at 3-3.

UNI caught Jacks when defensive was missing 3 all conference or nationally rated LBs. And it showed. 2 of the 3 were back vs NDSU. IMHO, those key players, along with backs to wall and at home were keys to Jackrabbits tipping the Bison. Winning turn over margin, unlike game vs UNI also big factor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2021, 03:53 PM
Well if the spring doesn’t matter then why is SHSU #1. Of course it matters. I don’t care about UNI and SDSU, I watched the game this weekend, SDSU was/is a better team and they were a better team last spring as well. We got a gift of s schedule, our OOC was garbage. We got MSU at home, barely beat them and we got UNI at home. We limped through the UND game, should have lost, and we lost to SDSU. I don’t get the allure. I have watched NDSU football since the 70’s, I don’t know what we are seeing now. It we turn it around and win another Natty I will eat crow. No way this coaching staff will allow that to happen. It must be a competitive teams wet dream to game plan against the NDSU O. Am I wrong?
I think you got used to how dominant NDSU was from 2017-2019. This team is not those teams. This is much more like a 2011/2012 Bison team but all of those teams won titles. I also think you're far more critical of NDSU than you are of the other schools you're ranking around them. I'm frustrated as well because I don't see a team that is greater than the sum of it's parts (which is what we're used to seeing as NDSU fans). However, that's a discussion for a different thread.

For all their faults NDSU is on track to win an outright MVFC title in a year the MVFC has been as tough as it's ever been. You're also using a double standard by discounting NDSU's wins over UNI and Missouri St because they were at home and then using SDSU's home win over NDSU as the reason why they're clearly better. SDSU has already lost two games at home earlier this fall.

And the reason why I have SHSU at #1 is because they've dominated their conference in a way that no one in the tougher leagues (MVFC, Big Sky, CAA, SOCON) has come close to. I'd say the only team with a chance to pass them before the playoffs is Montana St. Had NDSU beaten SDSU last Saturday I'd probably have ranked them over SHSU.

POD Knows
November 8th, 2021, 03:54 PM
NDSU has to lose again to NOT be the MVFC auto bid. SDSU now has an FBS and its first top 25 win. I didn't give UNI credit for their quality wins. Mea culpa. MT St is in the driver seat for the Big Sky, but Sac St can tie. IIRC, Sac St and MT St don't play. As of today, MO St is in 2nd by themselves at 5-2, while 3 teams USD, SDSU, SIU are 4-2 in MVFC play then UNI is in 6th at 3-3.

UNI caught Jacks when defensive was missing 3 all conference or nationally rated LBs. And it showed. 2 of the 3 were back vs NDSU. IMHO, those key players, along with backs to wall and at home were keys to Jackrabbits tipping the Bison. Winning turn over margin, unlike game vs UNI also big factor.

Also you have better players at the skill positions on offense and actually have an OC that has a clue.

RabidRabbit
November 8th, 2021, 04:10 PM
Also you have better players at the skill positions on offense and actually have an OC that has a clue.Eck called a bunch of masterful plays that found the Bison defense without early stops.

Jacks grad QB is providing the 1 year boost I envisioned when we picked him up. He had done well at Samford, and with a great Oline, I had hoped for type of performance being delivered.

mvemjsunpx
November 8th, 2021, 04:44 PM
I did a wholesale re-evaluation of everything this week, so some of the movements from last week look a bit strange (especially UC Davis).

Previous week in parentheses…

1. Sam Houston St. (1)
2. Montana St. (4)
3. North Dakota St. (2)
4. Missouri St. (16)
5. Villanova (6)
6. East Tennessee St. (9)
7. South Dakota St. (13)
8. James Madison (7)
9. Dartmouth (14)
10. Northern Iowa (5)
11. Southern Illinois (12)
12. Princeton (10)
13. Harvard (22)
14. Sacramento St. (15)
15. UC Davis (8)
16. Eastern Washington (3)
17. Incarnate Word (NR)
18. Southeastern Louisiana (11)
19. Kennesaw St. (18)
20. Tennessee-Martin (19)
21. Montana (23)
22. VMI (20)
23. Tennessee-Chattanooga (24)
24. Jackson St. (25)
25. South Dakota (NR)

Dropped - William & Mary (17), Weber St. (21)

W - Montana St.
L - William & Mary

ursus arctos horribilis
November 8th, 2021, 06:23 PM

That's pretty cool on the total number of poll releases man. Since I got you that lost year I think you have the total count better than anyone else would so I'm sure you have it correct.

Oddly enough, that is about the same number of podcasts done too.

POD Knows
November 8th, 2021, 07:29 PM
I think you got used to how dominant NDSU was from 2017-2019. This team is not those teams. This is much more like a 2011/2012 Bison team but all of those teams won titles. I also think you're far more critical of NDSU than you are of the other schools you're ranking around them. I'm frustrated as well because I don't see a team that is greater than the sum of it's parts (which is what we're used to seeing as NDSU fans). However, that's a discussion for a different thread.

For all their faults NDSU is on track to win an outright MVFC title in a year the MVFC has been as tough as it's ever been. You're also using a double standard by discounting NDSU's wins over UNI and Missouri St because they were at home and then using SDSU's home win over NDSU as the reason why they're clearly better. SDSU has already lost two games at home earlier this fall.

And the reason why I have SHSU at #1 is because they've dominated their conference in a way that no one in the tougher leagues (MVFC, Big Sky, CAA, SOCON) has come close to. I'd say the only team with a chance to pass them before the playoffs is Montana St. Had NDSU beaten SDSU last Saturday I'd probably have ranked them over SHSU.
I might have put NDSU over SHSU with a decent win as well.

Even with the team in 2011 and 2012 you expected a pretty consistent performance with at least some semblance of identity. I have no idea who this current team is particularly on the offensive side of the ball. I literally cringe with every snap and you have almost no idea what to expect. That is not to mean the offensive is unpredictable, it isn’t, but the results surely are.

I am probably more critical of NDSU than other teams because the bar is set maybe unrealistically high. I need to recalibrate my expectations.

TheKingpin28
November 8th, 2021, 08:37 PM
This was a tough week. This was mine:

4: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
6: UC Davis Aggies
8: Missouri State Bears
9: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
10: Villanova Wildcats
12: Sac State Hornets
14: Incarnate Word Cardinals
15: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
21: Jackson State Tigers
22: Chattanooga Mocs
24: Monmouth Hawks
25: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Preferred Walk-On
November 8th, 2021, 09:29 PM
Hello Preferred Walk-On,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 11/7/2021 18:07:54

Your vote is listed below.

3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
6: Missouri State Bears
8: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
10: Virginia Military Institute Keydets
11: Sac State Hornets
12: Eastern Washington Eagles
13: Northern Iowa Panthers
14: Southern Illinois Salukis
15: Incarnate Word Cardinals
16: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
17: Montana Grizzlies
18: Villanova Wildcats
19: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
20: Chattanooga Mocs
23: Harvard Crimson
24: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
25: Nicholls Colonels

Preferred Walk-On

The Most Significant Win: Montana State Bobcats
The Most Significant Loss: William & Mary Tribe
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Missouri Valley Football Conference

caribbeanhen
November 8th, 2021, 09:43 PM
This was a tough week. This was mine:

12: Sac State Hornets
14: Incarnate Word Cardinals
15: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
21: Jackson State Tigers
22: Chattanooga Mocs
24: Monmouth Hawks

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

consider Princeton over Monmouth

uofmman1122
November 9th, 2021, 12:50 AM
None of you are voting Montana higher than like 12th, so who the hell has us high enough to push us to #10? lol

The highest I think we'd deserve even if we went 9-2 and beat MSU is #8, but I don't see us beating the cats this year, so I guess it doesn't matter.

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2021, 08:35 AM
I did a wholesale re-evaluation of everything this week, so some of the movements from last week look a bit strange (especially UC Davis).

Previous week in parentheses…

1. Sam Houston St. (1)
2. Montana St. (4)
3. North Dakota St. (2)
4. Missouri St. (16)
5. Villanova (6)
6. East Tennessee St. (9)
7. South Dakota St. (13)
8. James Madison (7)
9. Dartmouth (14)
10. Northern Iowa (5)
11. Southern Illinois (12)
12. Princeton (10)
13. Harvard (22)
14. Sacramento St. (15)
15. UC Davis (8)
16. Eastern Washington (3)
17. Incarnate Word (NR)

18. Southeastern Louisiana (11)
19. Kennesaw St. (18)
20. Tennessee-Martin (19)
21. Montana (23)
22. VMI (20)
23. Tennessee-Chattanooga (24)
24. Jackson St. (25)
25. South Dakota (NR)

Dropped - William & Mary (17), Weber St. (21)

W - Montana St.
L - William & Mary

.....YER IN DUH VOTERS HOF.........BUT YER POLL...SHOOD BE WRAPPED UHROUND....UH SPOOL....IN DUH LOO.................AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2021, 08:40 AM
.....AN' TA DUH BIZON.....YA LOST....DERE4...YA DROP.....BAWK!

Chalupa Batman
November 9th, 2021, 12:20 PM
6: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
8: UC Davis Aggies
13: Sac State Hornets
14: Kennesaw State Owls
16: Chattanooga Mocs
18: South Dakota Coyotes
19: Northern Iowa Panthers
20: Dartmouth Big Green
21: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
23: Virginia Military Institute Keydets
24: Princeton Tigers
25: Holy Cross Crusaders

The Most Significant Win: South Dakota State Jackrabbits

POD Knows
November 9th, 2021, 12:25 PM
4: Eastern Washington Eagles
6: North Dakota State Bison
9: Villanova Wildcats
11: Kennesaw State Owls
12: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
14: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
15: Montana Grizzlies
16: South Dakota Coyotes
17: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
22: Mercer Bears

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2021, 12:42 PM
3: Villanova Wildcats
6: James Madison Dukes
7: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
9: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
10: UC Davis Aggies
11: Montana Grizzlies
12: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
13: Kennesaw State Owls
14: Missouri State Bears
15: Sac State Hornets
16: Southern Illinois Salukis
17: Incarnate Word Cardinals
19: Dartmouth Big Green
21: Virginia Military Institute Keydets
22: Harvard Crimson
23: William & Mary Tribe

The Most Significant Win: Incarnate Word Cardinals
The Most Significant Loss: Northern Iowa Panthers
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Patriot League

dewey
November 9th, 2021, 12:50 PM
Here is my poll.

6: Eastern Washington Eagles
11: Incarnate Word Cardinals
13: Missouri State Bears
15: Southern Illinois Salukis
16: Northern Iowa Panthers
18: Dartmouth Big Green
19: Virginia Military Institute Keydets
20: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
21: William & Mary Tribe
22: Kennesaw State Owls
23: Chattanooga Mocs
24: Jackson State Tigers

dewey

The Most Significant Loss: North Dakota State Bison

In hindsight I would have had NDSU ranked ahead of SDSU since the Jackrabbits have dropped 2 other games.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2021, 01:21 PM
4: Eastern Washington Eagles
6: North Dakota State Bison
9: Villanova Wildcats
15: Montana Grizzlies
16: South Dakota Coyotes
17: East Tennessee State Buccaneers

nice roll at 23 and 24

Harvard whipped #25

38-13

GoBlueHens83
November 9th, 2021, 01:41 PM
1: Montana State Bobcats
2: Sam Houston Bearkats
4: UC Davis Aggies
5: James Madison Dukes
7: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
8: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
14: Missouri State Bears
16: Southern Illinois Salukis
19: Kennesaw State Owls
22: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
24: Mercer Bears
25: Chattanooga Mocs

I was the only person to vote MSU #1 this week. It wasn't easy for me to pick between MSU & Sammy for #1, as the two teams are pretty even in my opinion.

My #3-#10 I had a hard time with, I think they are all somewhat interchangeable at this point. It doesn't help that they are beating up on each other either, of course.

I'm also a little higher than most on UT Martin, but I think that has more to do with them winning while other teams around them are losing.

POD Knows
November 9th, 2021, 01:50 PM
nice roll at 23 and 24

Harvard whipped #25

38-13
So. I had Harvard at 26. I have seen them play a couple times. Not impressed. You can pull 20-25 out of a hat and not get it right. Holy Cross screwed me early in the year. Put in my poll to hopefully lead them to defeat this weekend. 😀

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2021, 03:24 PM
I'm also a little higher than most on UT Martin, but I think that has more to do with them winning while other teams around them are losing.
Just out of curiosity mainly, what has UT-Martin showed you that Kennesaw St hasn't?

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Here is my poll.

13: Missouri State Bears
16: Northern Iowa Panthers
18: Dartmouth Big Green
19: Virginia Military Institute Keydets
20: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
21: William & Mary Tribe
22: Kennesaw State Owls
23: Chattanooga Mocs
24: Jackson State Tigers

dewey

In hindsight I would have had NDSU ranked ahead of SDSU since the Jackrabbits have dropped 2 other games.

Dewey

.....NO LAD....YA DID THE RIGHT THING........YOU WERE BEATEN BAH 8...BAH UH TEAM.....RANKED 9TH.......WHO BEAT YA'S TWICE...MONTHS APART.........NOT BAH 1....& NOT...ON UH LAST SECOND 69 YD FG.......WHEN WE START LETTIN' LOSERS STAY WHERE THEY WERE....IN POLL..........INTEGRITY IS GONE...........MAJORITY UH AGS VOTERS AGREED....STATS POLL AGREED.........WASN'T UH FBS LOSS......YOU LOSE YOU DROP.........DIDNT THINK BIZONSSSSS....COOD ACCEPT DEFEAT........WHEN YA'S CROWED.......FO' ALL DESE YEARS........NOW YA'S COME OFF AS SORE LOSERS.......BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2021, 03:54 PM
So. I had Harvard at 26. I have seen them play a couple times. Not impressed. You can pull 20-25 out of a hat and not get it right. Holy Cross screwed me early in the year. Put in my poll to hopefully lead them to defeat this weekend. 

Hey, at least you manned up to my Ivy troll roll

But still absolutely no reason not to put the better team at 25 instead of the Holy Cross

GoBlueHens83
November 9th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Just out of curiosity mainly, what has UT-Martin showed you that Kennesaw St hasn't?

Your curiosity made me look back at both teams a little closer. Their resumes are actually very similar. UT Martin had the benefit of beating 2 teams that I had ranked at the time (Jax St & Samford), which are no longer ranked. Those wins aren't looking so great now. Looks like I may have to make an adjustment next week.

mvemjsunpx
November 9th, 2021, 04:39 PM
.....AN' TA DUH BIZON.....YA LOST....DERE4...YA DROP.....BAWK!

NDSU is still alone in first, and they still have the best resumé in the MVFC.

SDSU did beat NDSU, but they're 0-1 against the other 2-loss teams (plus a loss to the 3-3 team).

Catbooster
November 9th, 2021, 06:13 PM
9: UC Davis Aggies
10: Missouri State Bears
16: Montana Grizzlies
17: Southern Illinois Salukis
23: Monmouth Hawks

The Most Significant Loss: Southern Illinois Salukis

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2021, 06:27 PM
.....NO LAD....YA DID THE RIGHT THING........YOU WERE BEATEN BAH 8...BAH UH TEAM.....RANKED 9TH.......WHO BEAT YA'S TWICE...MONTHS APART.........NOT BAH 1....& NOT...ON UH LAST SECOND 69 YD FG.......WHEN WE START LETTIN' LOSERS STAY WHERE THEY WERE....IN POLL..........INTEGRITY IS GONE...........MAJORITY UH AGS VOTERS AGREED....STATS POLL AGREED.........WASN'T UH FBS LOSS......YOU LOSE YOU DROP.........DIDNT THINK BIZONSSSSS....COOD ACCEPT DEFEAT........WHEN YA'S CROWED.......FO' ALL DESE YEARS........NOW YA'S COME OFF AS SORE LOSERS.......BRAWK!
So then you have UNI in front of SDSU? And then NDSU in front of UNI? And then SDSU in front of NDSU?

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2021, 06:34 PM
So then you have UNI in front of SDSU? And then NDSU in front of UNI? And then SDSU in front of NDSU?

...ATTAH BOY........WE NOW AGREE.....TA.....AGREE.....xhugx......BRAWK!

.....NOW..........WHAA 'BOUT..DUH FAKE FG....:D.........ZWK!

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2021, 06:42 PM
...ATTAH BOY........WE NOW AGREE.....TA.....AGREE.....xhugx......BRAWK!

.....NOW..........WHAA 'BOUT..DUH FAKE FG....:D.........ZWK!
NDSU did drop in practically every poll ballot below Montana St who they were unanimously above last week. How far should they drop? What's the slot voting rule?

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2021, 07:30 PM
NDSU did drop in practically every poll ballot below Montana St who they were unanimously above last week. How far should they drop? What's the slot voting rule?

....DROP...TA NEXT OPEN SPOT......IN DESENDIN' ORDER.....WHO TOOK UH HEADER........IN YER CASE.....#5........E. WASHIN'TON.......BRAWK!

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2021, 07:48 PM
....DROP...TA NEXT OPEN SPOT......IN DESENDIN' ORDER.....WHO TOOK UH HEADER........IN YER CASE.....#5........E. WASHIN'TON.......BRAWK!
Sounds like lazy slot voting to me.

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2021, 08:47 PM
Sounds like lazy slot voting to me.

...OH CONTRARE...BIZON CHIP........WEEK #10....WAS JUST.......NOT DAT COMPLICATED....MINDFUL DAT #6/#7....ALSO DEEP-SIXED.....AN' LET US SAY #8 U.C.DAVIS...HAPPENED....TA PLAY /BEAT #1 SAM HOUSTON...INNA CLOSE ONE...DUH POLLSTER NOW SLIDES MONTANA STATE TA #1....JMU TA #2...WHOM BEAT DUH CAMELS.......LIKE UH MONKEY DINNER.....IN SHANGHAI...UC DAVIS TA SAY #3.....SAM TA #4.... #5 BECOMES SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE......#6 VILLANOVA'S GOOD EFFORT OVERAH ELON...& CAA BIAS......#7 E. WASHINGTON ON LOSS TA NOW #1.....NOW FARGO IS ALL AFLAME AS MIGHTY BIZONSSSSS ARE RELAGATED.....TA #8......8 POINT WHIPPIN'....AN' 2ND BEAT DOWN....BAH JACKS....IN SHORT TIME...BE GLAD NORFFERN IOWA LOST.......OR BIZONS NEED UH PARCHUTE...TA STOP DUH FREE-FALL........SO AS YA SAY SLOTTIN' IS LAZY.......DERE IS WORK TA BE DONE......SEVERAL THINGS HALFTA BE THOUGHT OUT.....MARGIN O' VICTORY...TEAM PERFORMANCE.....ANY FACTORS UH POLLSTER NEEDS TA SPIN HIS REASONS..............BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2021, 09:07 PM
10: Missouri State Bears
16: Montana Grizzlies
17: Southern Illinois Salukis
23: Monmouth Hawks

The Most Significant Loss: Southern Illinois Salukis

Here we go again

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2021, 09:13 PM

...OH CONTRARE...BIZON CHIP........WEEK #10....WAS JUST.......NOT DAT COMPLICATED....MINDFUL DAT #6/#7....ALSO DEEP-SIXED.....AN' LET US SAY #8 U.C.DAVIS...HAPPENED....TA PLAY /BEAT #1 SAM HOUSTON...INNA CLOSE ONE...DUH POLLSTER NOW SLIDES MONTANA STATE TA #1....JMU TA #2...WHOM BEAT DUH CAMELS.......LIKE UH MONKEY DINNER.....IN SHANGHAI...UC DAVIS TA SAY #3.....SAM TA #4.... #5 BECOMES SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE......#6 VILLANOVA'S GOOD EFFORT OVERAH ELON...& CAA BIAS......#7 E. WASHINGTON ON LOSS TA NOW #1.....NOW FARGO IS ALL AFLAME AS MIGHTY BIZONSSSSS ARE RELAGATED.....TA #8......8 POINT WHIPPIN'....AN' 2ND BEAT DOWN....BAH JACKS....IN SHORT TIME...BE GLAD NORFFERN IOWA LOST.......OR BIZONS NEED UH PARCHUTE...TA STOP DUH FREE-FALL........SO AS YA SAY SLOTTIN' IS LAZY.......DERE IS WORK TA BE DONE......SEVERAL THINGS HALFTA BE THOUGHT OUT.....MARGIN O' VICTORY...TEAM PERFORMANCE.....ANY FACTORS UH POLLSTER NEEDS TA SPIN HIS REASONS..............BRAWK!
Exactly... several things need to be thought out. You're thinking about one thing; head-to-head from last week. Every team has played 7 or 8 additional games to this point other than their game last week and that also needs to be "thought out". At this point when all other things are mostly equal between two teams head-to-head should absolutely come into play. Had SDSU not wet the bed vs SIU or UNI or had NDSU lost to UND or Missouri St in addition to SDSU I would absolutely not be arguing for NDSU to be ranked ahead of SDSU. How come you're not as critical of Southeastern Louisiana being ranked by almost everybody in front of Incarnate Word? Those are actually 2 teams with the same W-L record overall and in-conference yet the loser of the head-to-head matchup is higher in most of the polls posted and in the consensus.

It's also pretty comical you bring up NDSU's loss to SDSU in the spring as additional reasoning to knock NDSU further down and then rank EWU above NDSU... guess the spring only counts for the games you want it to count for huh?

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2021, 09:23 PM
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
10: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
12: Montana Grizzlies
13: Incarnate Word Cardinals
14: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
16: Dartmouth Big Green
18: Kennesaw State Owls
21: Northern Iowa Panthers
22: Harvard Crimson
25: Jackson State Tigers

caribbeanhen

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2021, 09:24 PM
Exactly... several things need to be thought out. You're thinking about one thing; head-to-head from last week. Every team has played 7 or 8 additional games to this point other than their game last week and that also needs to be "thought out". At this point when all other things are mostly equal between two teams head-to-head should absolutely come into play. Had SDSU not wet the bed vs SIU or UNI or had NDSU lost to UND or Missouri St in addition to SDSU I would absolutely not be arguing for NDSU to be ranked ahead of SDSU. How come you're not as critical of Southeastern Louisiana being ranked by almost everybody in front of Incarnate Word? Those are actually 2 teams with the same W-L record overall and in-conference yet the loser of the head-to-head matchup is higher in most of the polls posted and in the consensus.

It's also pretty comical you bring up NDSU's loss to SDSU in the spring as additional reasoning to knock NDSU further down and then rank EWU above NDSU... guess the spring only counts for the games you want it to count for huh?

..........ALL DAT HAS BEEN THOUGHT OUT BAH NATURE UH RANK IN POLL #9....BAH POLLSTERS WHO DETERMINED POLL #10....AS POLL #10.....TO #11.......BAWK!

.............E.WASH.....3 POINT LOSS TA #3...IS STRONGER......THAN YER 8 POINTER BAH TEAM RANKED #9........DOODLE-DOO!

....S.E. LOUISIANA HAD ASCENDED TA GREATER HEIGHTS @ #6.........INCARNATE WORD WAS #22......JES' TOO MANY SPOTS TA OVERCOME FO' WORD.....AN' JES' 3 POINT LOSS FO' LIONS.......AWK!

dewey
November 10th, 2021, 09:18 PM

Please post your top 25 poll. Kind of funny calling a fantasy sore losers regarding a top 25 poll that has almost nothing to do with playoffs.

If SDSU had 1 loss I would have a harder time putting NDSU haead of SDSU but the total body of work must be looked at.

This should be very interesting come playoff time.

Dewey

MR. CHICKEN
November 10th, 2021, 10:53 PM
Please post your top 25 poll. Kind of funny calling a fantasy sore losers regarding a top 25 poll that has almost nothing to do with playoffs.

If SDSU had 1 loss I would have a harder time putting NDSU haead of SDSU but the total body of work must be looked at.

This should be very interesting come playoff time.

Dewey

....WELL....WHY YA WORRYIN' 'BOUT THIS ONE...THEN?.........BRAWK!

.....SOUTH DAKOTA STATE...A 2 LOSS TEAM.........MAKES YER LOSS TO 'EM.........DAT MUCH WORSE.......AWK!

1 SAM HOUSTON
2 MONTANA STATE
3 JMU
4 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
5 UC DAVIS
6 VILLANOVA
7 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
8 E. WASHINGTON
9 E. TENNESSEE STATE
10 MONTANA
11 KENNESAW STATE
12 MISSOURI STATE
13 S.E. LOUISIANA
14 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
15 TENNESSEE-MARTIN
16 SACREMENTO STATE
17 INCARNATE WORD
18 SOUTH DAKOTA
19 NORTHERN IOWA
20 CHATTANOOGA
21 DARTMOUTH
22 JACKSON STATE
23 RHODE ISLAND
23 VMI
25 PRINCETON

Preferred Walk-On
November 11th, 2021, 07:48 AM

MR. CHICKEN, just did a quick bit of math regarding voting and NDSU/SDSU prior to the post above.

Voted NDSU over SDSU
Bison Fan(s) = 1
Jacks Fan(s) = 1
Other Team Fan(s) = 3

Voted SDSU over NDSU
Bison Fan(s) = 5
Jacks Fan(s) = 0
Other Team Fan(s) = 1

By this simple math, only one Bison fan (who posted their posted their poll) had NDSU over SDSU, and four fans of other teams (including one Jacks fan) voted NDSU over SDSU. By comparison, five Bison fans voted SDSU over NDSU. If this isn't clear to you, the ratio of Bison fans voting SDSU over NDSU was 5:1...or to put it yet another way, 83.3% of Bison fans (at least those posting their poll) voted SDSU over NDSU.

While I appreciate you posting your poll (after the fact), and I can even support your logic to some extent, it appears that your generalization of Bison fans (at least those currently participating on AGS) is incorrect at best, and it makes me wonder who is really the sore loser?

POD Knows
November 11th, 2021, 08:00 AM
MR. CHICKEN, just did a quick bit of math regarding voting and NDSU/SDSU prior to the post above.

Voted NDSU over SDSU
Bison Fan(s) = 1
Jacks Fan(s) = 1
Other Team Fan(s) = 3

Voted SDSU over NDSU
Bison Fan(s) = 5
Jacks Fan(s) = 0
Other Team Fan(s) = 1

By this simple math, only one Bison fan (who posted their posted their poll) had NDSU over SDSU, and four fans of other teams (including one Jacks fan) voted NDSU over SDSU. By comparison, five Bison fans voted SDSU over NDSU. If this isn't clear to you, the ratio of Bison fans voting SDSU over NDSU was 5:1...or to put it yet another way, 83.3% of Bison fans (at least those posting their poll) voted SDSU over NDSU.

While I appreciate you posting your poll (after the fact), and I can even support your logic to some extent, it appears that your generalization of Bison fans (at least those currently participating on AGS) is incorrect at best, and it makes me wonder who is really the sore loser?
Bison fans have been accused for years on here of overvaluing them in this poll and that assumption has always been incorrect and proven to be incorrect. Nice work putting this together. I even think at one point Ursus had commented on this subject.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2021, 08:13 AM

Voted NDSU over SDSU
Bison Fan(s) = 1
Jacks Fan(s) = 1
Other Team Fan(s) = 3

Voted SDSU over NDSU
Bison Fan(s) = 5
Jacks Fan(s) = 0
Other Team Fan(s) = 1

....WELL IT WAS CHAOS.....WHOM WAS UPSET TA BEGIN WHIFF....(POST #2)......ALL-DOUGH DEWEY......HAD BIZONSSSSS #5........HE TOOK UP CHAOS'S CAUSE.......ALK!

......HOW YA FIGURE.....AH'M DUH SORE LOSER.................AS AGS/STATS....AGREE WHIFF ME......BAWK!

.....MAH POLL WAS POSTED AFTERAH DUH FACT......'CAUSE IT WAS AFTER DUH FACT HE ASKED....FO' IT..........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 08:27 AM
Bison fans have been accused for years on here of overvaluing them in this poll and that assumption has always been incorrect and proven to be incorrect. Nice work putting this together. I even think at one point Ursus had commented on this subject.

MVFV fans are by far and away the most bias fans on here, and your boys have paid the price in the Playoff pick em games for years

6-5 Illinois St picked over Central Arky a few years ago was prime example

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2021, 08:27 AM
....WELL IT WAS CHAOS.....WHOM WAS UPSET TA BEGIN WHIFF....(POST #2)......ALL-DOUGH DEWEY......HAD BIZONSSSSS #5........HE TOOK UP CHAOS'S DEFENSE.......ALK!

......HOW YA FIGURE.....AH'M DUH SORE LOSER.................AS AGS/STATS....AGREE WHIFF ME......BAWK!

.....MAH POLL WAS POSTED AFTERAH DUH FACT......'CAUSE IT WAS AFTER DUH FACT HE ASKED....FO' IT..........BRAWK!
I'm just trying to point out how inconsistent your reasoning is. NDSU's loss to SDSU looks worse because SDSU's lost two games? How about SDSU losing to a 4 loss UNI? Or Villanova's (who you have ranked over NDSU) loss to a 3 loss William & Mary? Or UC Davis' (who you also have ranked over NDSU) loss to a 8 loss Idaho St (still Idaho St's only win of the year)?

I don't know if you're still butthurt over the fake FG against Delaware 2 years ago or if you're just sick of NDSU being ranked so high but in either case you're holding NDSU to a different standard than you are some other teams you have ranked above them.

POD Knows
November 11th, 2021, 08:34 AM
MVFV fans are by far and away the most bias fans on here, and your boys have paid the price in the Playoff pick em games for years

The conference is rated higher and that sort of lifts teams with potentially more losses. I don’t remember the circumstances on that one. What year was it. Also. I didn’t realize that the MVFC fans choose the playoff teams or are you saying that the MVFC fans were upset by ILL State getting passed over.

I, for one, want less MVFC teams in the playoffs, that helps to water down the field and make the path easier for the Herd. 😁

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2021, 08:35 AM

You mean like 2 years ago when unseeded (T-3rd in the MVFC) Illinois St went to Conway and beat 8 seed (T-1st in the SLC) UCA on the road in the 2nd round?

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 08:49 AM
You mean like 2 years ago when unseeded (T-3rd in the MVFC) Illinois St went to Conway and beat 8 seed (T-1st in the SLC) UCA on the road in the 2nd round?

dont tell me that, I remember it being the opposite way

Maybe it was a Richmond game the next week or something like that

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2021, 08:50 AM
I'm just trying to point out how inconsistent your reasoning is. NDSU's loss to SDSU looks worse because SDSU's lost two games? How about SDSU losing to a 4 loss UNI? Or Villanova's (who you have ranked over NDSU) loss to a 3 loss William & Mary? Or UC Davis' (who you also have ranked over NDSU) loss to a 8 loss Idaho St (still Idaho St's only win of the year)?

I don't know if you're still butthurt over the fake FG against Delaware 2 years ago or if you're just sick of NDSU being ranked so high but in either case you're holding NDSU to a different standard than you are some other teams you have ranked above them.

...INCONSISTENT ?.......DOO-DOO SAYS....HE'D UNDERSTAND JACKS RANKIN' IFIN' DEY'RE UH ONE LOSS TEAM.....BUT DEY'VE LOST TWO.....WHICH IFIN' FOLLOWIN' HIS LOGIC....WOOD MAKE YER LOSS DAT MUCH WORSE....AWK!

....COMMON KNOWLEDGE......WHEN YA LOSE MATTERS...END UH YEAR VS BEGINNIN'.....BRAWK!

.....VILLANOVA.......BEAT DUH CURRENT #3....DEY'VE POSTED TWO SHUTOUTS......BILL & MARE WAS IN CONTENTION WHEN DEY PLAYED.....BALK!

.....UC DAVIS...HAS TULSA'S PELT....&...AN' DEY'RE LOSS WAS UH FEW WEEKS AGO!

.........NO SORE ASS ON DUH CHICKEN.......YOU HAD US BEAT LONG B/4 DUH TRICKERY.........YER COACH WAS UPSET....DAT YOU-DEE WAS MAKIN' UH COME-BACK....WHIFF 2ND STRING QB!......DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2021, 08:51 AM
...INCONSISTENT ?.......DOO-DOO SAYS....HE'D UNDERSTAND JACKS RANKIN' IFIN' DEY'RE UH ONE LOSS TEAM.....BUT DEY'VE LOST TWO.....WHICH IFIN' FOLLOWIN' HIS LOGIC....WOOD MAKE YER LOSS DAT MUCH WORSE....AWK!

....COMMON KNOWLEDGE......WHEN YA LOSE MATTERS...END UH YEAR VS BEGINNIN'.....BRAWK!

.....VILLANOVA.......BEAT DUH CURRENT #3....DEY'VE POSTED TWO SHUTOUTS......BILL & MARE WAS IN CONTENTION WHEN DEY PLAYED.....BALK!

.....UC DAVIS...HAS TULSA'S PELT....&...AN' DEY'RE LOSS WAS UH FEW WEEKS AGO!
We're just going to have to agree to disagree. You believe slot voting and recency bias are valid poll methodology. I don't. We're not changing each other's minds. End of story.

Preferred Walk-On
November 11th, 2021, 08:56 AM
....WELL IT WAS CHAOS.....WHOM WAS UPSET TA BEGIN WHIFF....(POST #2)......ALL-DOUGH DEWEY......HAD BIZONSSSSS #5........HE TOOK UP CHAOS'S DEFENSE.......ALK!

I can see Chaos' perspective, just as I can see yours. I clearly fall a bit along your lines, but I have also seen the competition (a few in-person) that SDSU has played and am baffled by their UNI loss (who then lost to ISUr and who NDSU surprisingly handled without much fuss...honestly, I was disappointed that that game was not more competitive).

I also watched a game (probably with my Green and Gold glasses on), but it took SDSU ripping off a long TD run early through a hole that even I could have gained 20 yd on to start the game, having to pull out many tricks in their playbook, and some bafflingly stupid plays and penalties by the Bison to hold the Bison off in the second half after taking a 24-7 lead into halftime. That SDSU team is very good but was not head-and-shoulders above (or honestly, even better than) NDSU, so I could see one not ranking SDSU above NDSU (but not by much). They happened to be better than NDSU on that day...during a 3 hr period, but one could still make the argument for resume as-a-whole rather than the H2H result, so...

Why do you assume Bison fans are sore losers with no evidence to support that? I didn't call you a sore loser, I said "it makes me wonder who is really the sore loser?". You DID say that Bison fans come off as sore losers (paraphrasing your statement), so perhaps you should ask yourself, "HOW YA FIGURE?". I am a Bison fan. I ranked NDSU below SDSU. So am I a sore loser? Quite honestly, I am fine with SDSU taking home the marker...they played better and they deserve it. I am also fine, because it seems like in every year where the Bison were very good, but have flaws, a wake-up call has helped the team focus a bit come playoff time.

Unsolicited advice, perhaps you could put your poll out there, THEN criticize others. In my opinion, that shows some integrity and provides context for when you "discuss" others opinions (hopefully without calling them sore losers like a 5-year old). I can appreciate your opinions, and I would appreciate them more without the generalizations.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2021, 08:58 AM
We're just going to have to agree to disagree. You believe slot voting and recency bias are valid poll methodology. I don't. We're not changing each other's minds. End of story.

MAH POLL WAS HARDLY SLOT VOTIN'........AH HAD YA'S @ #7......MAJORITY #5.......AH HAD RHODE ISLAND.....IN DERE..........#23......AN' REMAINDER......WERE CONSISTENT.....WHIFF DUH MASSES.....SO IFIN' AH SLOTTED....DUH MAJORITY SURE DID WHIFF BIZONSSSS......DEY JUST SLID YA'S DOWN TA FIRST OPENIN'....WHICH WAS E. WASH'S SPOT.....BAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2021, 09:07 AM
I can see Chaos' perspective, just as I can see yours. I clearly fall a bit along your lines, but I have also seen the competition (a few in-person) that SDSU has played and am baffled by their UNI loss (who then lost to ISUr and who NDSU surprisingly handled without much fuss...honestly, I was disappointed that that game was not more competitive).

I also watched a game (probably with my Green and Gold glasses on), but it took SDSU ripping off a long TD run early through a hole that even I could have gained 20 yd on to start the game, having to pull out many tricks in their playbook, and some bafflingly stupid plays and penalties by the Bison to hold the Bison off in the second half after taking a 24-7 lead into halftime. That SDSU team is very good but was not head-and-shoulders above (or honestly, even better than) NDSU, so I could see one not ranking SDSU above NDSU (but not by much). They happened to be better than NDSU on that day...during a 3 hr period, but one could still make the argument for resume as-a-whole rather than the H2H result, so...

Why do you assume Bison fans are sore losers with no evidence to support that? I didn't call you a sore loser, I said "it makes me wonder who is really the sore loser?". You DID say that Bison fans come off as sore losers (paraphrasing your statement), so perhaps you should ask yourself, "HOW YA FIGURE?". I am a Bison fan. I ranked NDSU below SDSU. So am I a sore loser? Quite honestly, I am fine with SDSU taking home the marker...they played better and they deserve it. I am also fine, because it seems like in every year where the Bison were very good, but have flaws, a wake-up call has helped the team focus a bit come playoff time.

.....EVIDENCE IS IN POST #2/DEWEY'S CHIMIN' IN.....AH WAS COMMENTIN' ON THESE TWO'S PERSPECTIVE.....THUS PLURAL....(FANS).......AH'VE READ DUH ENTIRE THREAD....SOME BISONS ARE REASONABLE...ONE HAD YA'S @ #6.....BAWK!

Unsolicited advice, perhaps you could put your poll out there, THEN criticize others. In my opinion, that shows some integrity and provides context for when you "discuss" others opinions (hopefully without calling them sore losers like a 5-year old). I can appreciate your opinions, and I would appreciate them more without the generalizations.

...AH'VE NOW POSTED MAH POLL TWICE DIS SEASON......AH 'M 74 YEARS 'OL.....DON'T KNOW HOW TA TRANSFER E-MAIL INTA THREAD.....SO AH DO IT DUH HARD WAY.......AN' RETYPE 'EM ALL IN....SO AH'M RELUCTANT TA DO IT EVERY WEEK.........MODS HAVE NEVER....HAD UH PROB....WHIFF ME..AWK!

semobison
November 11th, 2021, 09:07 AM

Richmond beat Seeded ISUr in 2015 the same year UNI (4-3 in Valley play) beat 6 seed PSU on the road.
In 2016 Youngstown (3rd place in the Valley) made their run to the Natty beating the 2 and 3 seed. But you don’t count that because the Penguins caught “lightning in a bottle”! ...and people tell me my memory is the 2nd shortest thing that I’ve got!

POD Knows
November 11th, 2021, 09:26 AM
...AH'VE NOW POSTED MAH POLL TWICE DIS SEASON......AH 'M 74 YEARS 'OL.....DON'T KNOW HOW TA TRANSFER E-MAIL INTA THREAD.....SO AH DO IT DUH HARD WAY.......AN' RETYPE 'EM ALL IN....SO AH'M RELUCTANT TA DO IT EVERY WEEK.........MODS HAVE NEVER....HAD UH PROB....WHIFF ME..AWK!
Do you use a laptop or a cell phone to post on here. Copy and pasting is pretty easy on both. I had to retype my poll once because I deleted my email response. I would never post my poll if I had to do that again.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2021, 09:33 AM
...AH CAN COPY/PASTE....JES' DIDN'T KNOW DAT WAS DUH PROCEDURE......THANKS FO' HELP!.....AWKhttps://data.mail.yahoo.com/xobni/v4/contacts/0000.0020/photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fdh%2Fap%2F social%2Fprofile%2Fprofile_a64.png&alphatar_photo=true&appId=YMailNorrin&badge=false

Sun, Nov 7 at 2:33 PM

Hello MR. CHICKEN,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 11/7/2021 9:53:33

7: North Dakota State Bison
10: Montana Grizzlies
13: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
23: Rhode Island Rams
24: Virginia Military Institute Keydets

MR. CHICKEN

Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Colonial Athletic Association

POD Knows
November 11th, 2021, 09:36 AM
...AH CAN COPY/PASTE....JES' DIDN'T KNOW DAT WAS DUH PROCEDURE......THANKS FO' HELP!.....AWKhttps://data.mail.yahoo.com/xobni/v4/contacts/0000.0020/photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fdh%2Fap%2F social%2Fprofile%2Fprofile_a64.png&alphatar_photo=true&appId=YMailNorrin&badge=false

Hello MR. CHICKEN,

MR. CHICKEN

Perfect. You are golden

Preferred Walk-On
November 11th, 2021, 09:37 AM

MR. CHICKEN. We're all good, and I don't have a problem with you either. However, I am a Bison fan, and I try to be reasonable on this forum, so I guess I expect some similar discourse. If you wanted to call Chaos and Dewey sore losers, you could have directed that towards them specifically and not Bison fans in general. This type of generalization is why fans of some teams feel that fans of other teams are insufferable. I get it. I am on AGS, because I like reading reasonable, well thought out, multi-perspective opinions on FCS football that I don't necessarily get from a team-specific forum.

As for transferring poll into thread, it is (1) select text, (2) control-C (copy), (3) go to AGS reply box, and (4) control-V (paste). Given that you do AGS so well (quoting and posting), I just assumed copy/paste would be child's play. I would not retype them all either, I just copy/paste important text from the email I receive from AGS Polls. One could also copy/paste from a document/sheet they use (if they use one), especially if they wanted to post in ALL CAPS. ;)

Preferred Walk-On
November 11th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Ah, I see copy/paste was addressed as I was typing.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Perfect. You are golden

...............MUST SPREAD REPPIES.....WHEN I CAN.....DEY'LL BE ON DUH WAY........xhugx.......AWK!

Chalupa Batman
November 11th, 2021, 09:51 AM

No idea how the pick 'ems you refer to went, but you do remember correctly. In 2016 6-5 ISUr travelled to Conway for a 1st round game and lost 31-24.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400926624

PC's counterpoint was a rematch 3 years later when James Robinson ran all over the #8 seed Bears and won 24-14.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401187276

kdinva
November 11th, 2021, 10:29 AM
2: James Madison Dukes
3: Montana State Bobcats
12: Kennesaw State Owls
13: Southern Illinois Salukis
16: Villanova Wildcats
17: Missouri State Bears
19: Jackson State Tigers
21: South Dakota Coyotes
23: Northern Iowa Panthers
24: Dartmouth Big Green
25: Monmouth Hawks

The Most Significant Loss: Virginia Military Institute Keydets

MSUBobcat
November 11th, 2021, 10:33 AM

Holy unnecessary SHOUTING, Batman! Bolded, capitalized, size 4 and SIZE SIX font is a bit excessive for a discussion of this nature. I'm picturing you standing on the table/desk pounding on the keyboard shouting at the screen.

And now back to your regularly scheduled banter about poll voting methodology...

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 11:07 AM
6: East Tennessee State Buccaneers
8: UC Davis Aggies
14: Kennesaw State Owls
16: Chattanooga Mocs
20: Dartmouth Big Green
21: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks

consider Harvard at #25

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 11:09 AM
2: James Madison Dukes
3: Montana State Bobcats
12: Kennesaw State Owls
13: Southern Illinois Salukis
16: Villanova Wildcats
17: Missouri State Bears
19: Jackson State Tigers
21: South Dakota Coyotes
23: Northern Iowa Panthers
24: Dartmouth Big Green
25: Monmouth Hawks

The Most Significant Loss: Virginia Military Institute Keydets

Consider Princeton at #25

Preferred Walk-On
November 11th, 2021, 11:44 AM
Consider Princeton at #25

I'm beginning to think caribbean is a paid influencer for the Ivy League. What does caribbean's Twitter/Instagram account look like? ;)

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 11:51 AM
I'm beginning to think caribbean is a paid influencer for the Ivy League. What does caribbean's Twitter/Instagram account look like? ;)

xsmhxxsmhx

Twiiter ?

Instagram ?

Too much Information runnin round my brain

just ain't necessary to function in this world

I just like pointing out how people find it so easy to skip over the Ivies

Preferred Walk-On
November 11th, 2021, 11:59 AM
xsmhxxsmhx

Twiiter ?

Instagram ?

Too much Information runnin round my brain

just ain't necessary to function in this world

I just like pointing out how people find it so easy to skip over the Ivies

Almost to a fault... ;)

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 11:59 AM

Nope, the year Illinois State was 6-5 was game I was referring to, and got beat by Central Arkansas

And the year before when Richmond went into Normal, Illinois and beat the Redbirds

The homer MVFC picks were off the charts for both games

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 12:10 PM
MR. CHICKEN. We're all good, and I don't have a problem with you either. However, I am a Bison fan, and I try to be reasonable on this forum, so I guess I expect some similar discourse. If you wanted to call Chaos and Dewey sore losers, you could have directed that towards them specifically and not Bison fans in general. This type of generalization is why fans of some teams feel that fans of other teams are insufferable. I get it. I am on AGS, because I like reading reasonable, well thought out, multi-perspective opinions on FCS football that I don't necessarily get from a team-specific forum.

As for transferring poll into thread, it is (1) select text, (2) control-C (copy), (3) go to AGS reply box, and (4) control-V (paste). Given that you do AGS so well (quoting and posting), I just assumed copy/paste would be child's play. I would not retype them all either, I just copy/paste important text from the email I receive from AGS Polls. One could also copy/paste from a document/sheet they use (if they use one), especially if they wanted to post in ALL CAPS. ;)

Im glad you mentioned Mr C’s posts and how tech savvy one would need to be to do what he does

remember some of old timers never saw a computer until 50 years of age

and some still don’t use em unless an iPhone is a computer

semobison
November 11th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Nope, the year Illinois State was 6-5 was game I was referring to, and got beat by Arkansas St

And the year before when Richmond went into Normal, Illinois and beat the Redbirds

The homer MVFC picks were off the charts for both games

I posted this before...The same year the Redbirds lost to Richmond a 3rd place in the Valley UNI went on the road and beat 6 seed PSU. The following year a 3rd place in the Valley Youngstown knocked off the 2 and 3 seeds on their way to the Natty.
4 different Valley teams have made it to Frisco since 2014. The rest of the FCS combined has only 4 other teams SH, JMU, JSU and EWU to make the title game.
Your only a homer if your teams under achieve!

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 12:45 PM
I posted this before...The same year the Redbirds lost to Richmond a 3rd place in the Valley UNI went on the road and beat 6 seed PSU. The following year a 3rd place in the Valley Youngstown knocked off the 2 and 3 seeds on their way to the Natty.
4 different Valley teams have made it to Frisco since 2014. The rest of the FCS combined has only 4 other teams SH, JMU, JSU and EWU to make the title game.
Your only a homer if your teams under achieve!

but in all those years, only one Valley team won the title

That is what earned you the Paul McCartney and Wings nickname

Everybody knows Paul but who the heck are Wings anyway

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2021, 04:40 PM

Hello MR. CHICKEN,

MR. CHICKEN

Check that **** out! Nicely done on the newfound expertise in the poll post brother.

As far as having a problem with your ballot, no, never had any problem with most anyone's poll and if I do I always have a conversation as to any questions. Most of the time it just a way to understand what the think is/was and if someone had considered something they might not have.

But there is no question I have no problem with any Bison voters either. There is a 100% chance that their ballots are done with integrity just as I could also say about Delaware voters. The Delaware and Bison voters are ties for the #1 most important thing that gives this poll a strong backbone.

We all have differing philosophies. I am all for that as long as the logic is applied.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2021, 04:43 PM

xlolx

I hate it whan that happens. BTW, I watch for conference bias, team bias, etc. and test for it a few times a season. The conferences voters traditionally vote their group lower than the voters outside of their group so I don't care what they or anyone does in a pick em'. This is more direct evidence than that so take it to the bank, bet the farm on it, or whatever kind of lock you want to put down on that information.

Puddin Tane
November 11th, 2021, 05:11 PM
Sooooo. How many losses does uni get fore yall kick em to the curb ? 5? 6?

Preferred Walk-On
November 11th, 2021, 05:28 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211111/2532aad25e5eae596fa1b967e31f65b0.gif
5, 6…Whatever it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 06:38 PM
xlolx

I hate it whan that happens. BTW, I watch for conference bias, team bias, etc. and test for it a few times a season. The conferences voters traditionally vote their group lower than the voters outside of their group so I don't care what they or anyone does in a pick em'. This is more direct evidence than that so take it to the bank, bet the farm on it, or whatever kind of lock you want to put down on that information.

I know the Valley fans polls are pretty good and yes, I’m probably the only guy in the world that pays attention to bias in the Playoff pick em games....

ursus arctos horribilis
November 12th, 2021, 12:26 AM

Good point, any team got 3 better wins? Subjectivity gets tough. They also lost to a fairly good FBS which UNI held to about 1/2 the points any of those FBS schools did. It ain't easy but you can't just look at 1/2 the ledger.

I think if you look solely a teams floor and don't look at their ceiling you might be doing things half assed. At 5-4 it is real iffy, no doubt about it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 12th, 2021, 12:39 AM
I know the Valley fans polls are pretty good and yes, I’m probably the only guy in the world that pays attention to bias in the Playoff pick em games....

No my brother that was not my point. I think in a pick em' type game players might play for the win and go with what they wish to be sometimes. I know that is a fault of mine, look for the upset etc.

On a poll, I think it is different. There seems to be an integrity in the vote that would be unexpected by many, including me, before I started doing this. Voters have a great deal of integrity. I promise you that.

F'N Hawks
November 12th, 2021, 09:19 AM

it's usually at least five.