PDA

View Full Version : Impact of APPY Win on other FCS Teams

Col Hogan
September 2nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
First, this is not smack...CONGRATS to APPY and its fans...

But I was thinking shortly after the game ended....what would this win mean for other FCS teams, especially those teams who have yet to play their FBS opponent...

For example, UMass plays Boston College in Week 4. The BC message boards have had some of the same crap on them that Michigan fans posted before Saturday...

And I'm sure the Michigan players...no matter what the coaches said...looked at the game as a "tune up"...

Now, I fear the BC coaching staff, if they detect even a smig of "looking past" UMass will bring up the ASU win to bring them back to reality...

Any thoughts...

gvilleapp
September 2nd, 2007, 01:13 PM
I'm certain this game will be used as motivation for underdogs and as a scare tactic for the big schools for at least the next decade.

That said, UMass has talent, I saw that first hand in Chatty, and I think you can hang with the Eagles. Great marching band by the way. Good luck!

skinny_uncle
September 2nd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Some FCS teams may approach their match up with a bit more confidence. They can only put 11 men on the field at a time no matter how big the school is. There is no reason this could not happen more often. Michigan and Rice went down the first week. I think there are more to come. Go FCS!
xthumbsupx

Eyes of Old Main
September 2nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
The target on their back just got WAY BIGGER.

already123
September 2nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
UMass just needs to focus on another upset!!!

CID1990
September 2nd, 2007, 02:48 PM
Wisconsin can look way past us in a couple weeks and still win.

DuckDuckGriz
September 2nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
You'd think after UNH hammering Northwestern and App over Michigan atleast Big Ten fans (aside from Ohio State) will notice more.

fuEMO
September 2nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Tommy Bowden and Clemson won't be looking past Furman. The coaches and the players know each other very well. It's funny Furman can matchup well with the Pitt's, UNC's I would even through NCST in the hat but Clemson is a team full of athlete's and that doesn't create a lot of favorable matchups for the Paladins. Furman will have to out scheme the Tigers… will be difficult but not impossible.

catbob
September 2nd, 2007, 03:30 PM
It makes scheduling BS teams harder. Coach Ash was quoted as saying he gets rejected from BS teams all the time because of our win over CU.