PDA

View Full Version : App St.: I'm still shocked

Jacks76
September 2nd, 2007, 12:27 PM
I am totally stunned that App St. upset #5 Michigan. I never had an idea that App St. could defeat Michigan, especially in the Big House. This qualifies as the greatest FCS over FBS win ever. NAU had better bring the bacon on September 15th.

Paul

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 2nd, 2007, 01:08 PM
I am totally stunned that App St. upset #5 Michigan. I never had an idea that App St. could defeat Michigan, especially in the Big House. This qualifies as the greatest FCS over FBS win ever. NAU had better bring the bacon on September 15th.

Paul

Thought I was drunk when I first heard this....Then I saw the highlight...and well....ya know....

Congrats to the Mountaineers xthumbsupx (I warned the Michigan fans I knew by the way)

Beware of the letdown game though....Don't wanna end up like last years Montana State squad the week after they beat Colorado now (who beat CSU yesterday....GO BUFFS!!!! xcoolx )

RobsPics
September 2nd, 2007, 02:07 PM

Paul

That game qualifies as one of the greatest underdog win ever, in any sport.

back2back
September 2nd, 2007, 02:13 PM
xpeacex I woke up this morning and saw Corey Lynch on Sportscenter, WOW it was not a dream!!!! GO APP STATE!!!xpeacex

roberb7
September 2nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
That game qualifies as one of the greatest underdog win ever, in any sport.

I'm sitting here thinking about the Jets winning the 1969 Super Bowl, and the US winning the ice hockey gold medal in the 1980 Olympics. The latter could be in the same ball park, but I would still say that the Appalachian State win was bigger.

My take on this is, it's a classic case of the chickens coming home to roost. When the NCAA increased the regular season from 11 games to 12, the announced intention was, "teams will be able to schedule more OOC matchups." Instead (with the notable exception of the Pac-10), the big guys used the 12th game to add a guaranteed win to their schedule.

Well, any statistician will tell you that the more often you walk across an open field during a thunderstorm, the more likely you are to be struck by lightning. It was Michigan that got struck.

DuckDuckGriz
September 2nd, 2007, 03:23 PM
I gotta be honest when I woke up this morning App State upsetting Michigan was the first thing I thought about. I wondered if I had dreamt it. xlolx

CoastalFan2005
September 2nd, 2007, 03:44 PM
One more time: this was an IMMENSELY impressive upset. It certainly qualifies as ONE OF the best ever.

But ASU's win over Michican IS NOT the best underdog win ever.

With everything surrounding the US' win over the Soviets on that famous 1980 day - there is no way this win tops that win. I'm sorry. It just doesn't. xtwocentsx